The Nintendo 3DS may be in trouble for 2 major reasons, high price and.........

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

In comparison to the NGP. Its weak. The battery is as bad if not worse than Sony's handheld and it isn't as powerful. It should last twice as long at least. Since Sony won't be launching the NGP at over $400, $349 is starting to seem like the high guess, its very competitively priced. If Sony launch at $300 its easily going to get my money. The 3DS has great games coming, but since the DS launched as cheaply as it did, and the 3DS upgraded proportionally with the times, it should not be as much as it is. They have to be making at least $100 profits on each sold.

The price is huge, and $250 in the US is not going to spell out as nicely with the MUCH more advanced system launching at $50 to $100 more. The same thing happened with the PSP and the DS. The DS crushed it. But this time is different. The DS launched at $150. The PSP launched at $250. Neither are clearly affordable over the other. $250-$350, that's a lot of money. The price is a shorter stretch than $150-$250. The features, connectivity options to the PS3, social options like facebook, as long as an app store is included, Sony could absolutely emerge as the winner of this system war. Its going to be close. But it all depends on pricing. If sony puts theirs at $400, Nintendo won. If they price it at $300, its going to be close. $250, they'd have to do something stupid not to beat the 3DS.

Also, 1 stick on the 3DS. Bad move. It killed the PSP. I read an article explaining that the NGP doesn't have a niche. Devs aren't building games around a unique interface for that interface. I thought it made sense. The addition of one stick very much opens up an issue for Nintendo. Devs put it with the Dpad, so either they do syphon filter, and make abxy the camera, or come up with wonky ways to make the system work. Its a bad idea. Like the NGP adding the touchscreen, pad, sixaxis (like sixaxis on PS3). The difference is if the touchscreen opens up the android market, and the touchpad expands on that, its hugely beneficial.

Velocity439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Velocity439
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts

im not going to buy trhis straight up because othe battery life and that you can't play it while its charging. they are the two losing factors for me. and anyway they will release a 3ds lite probably anyway

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#53 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

[QUOTE="NintendoNite"] this video convinced me to get the 3DS on launch. And yes, the game is a launch titlesoapandbubbles
this video convinced me to get the 3DS on launch. And yes, the game is a launch titleNintendoNite
With only 1 stick it looks like a pain to play...good luck with that.

Good thing the touch screen works as 2nd stick.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"][QUOTE="NintendoNite"] [QUOTE="NintendoNite"] this video convinced me to get the 3DS on launch. And yes, the game is a launch title93BlackHawk93

With only 1 stick it looks like a pain to play...good luck with that.

The touch screen isnt really a good subsitute for a second analog though because you thumb doesnt make a good stylus pen and while using a stylis pen it is unconfortable to use the other buttons. A second analog I think would be the best for a handheld shooter

Avatar image for XenogearsMaster
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 XenogearsMaster
Member since 2007 • 3175 Posts
Is the price of the 3DS below the actual manufacturing value or over?
GojiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GojiMaster
Member since 2009 • 451 Posts

The 3DS will be stuck in mediocrity. The 3D effect is nothing more than a gimmick. The 3D effect will also kill off a huge potential market of the 3DS-- children. Parents are going to be spooked about the 3D warnings and will not buy it for their kids. DS was hugely popular with children. Teenagers won't want anything to do with the 3DS. The NGP will recieve all the love from the teenage and hardcore gaming crowd. Those that don't want the NGP will want the latest Ipod. The 3DS will seen as an antiquated PSP with gimmick 3D effects.n Is the 3DS even more powerful than the PSP?

The casual gaming market for handholds will shift to the Ipod, and the hardcore crowd will shift to the NGP. Families will be afraid to buy 3DS due to the eye warnings, which will pick up major press at release time.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Well, we'll all know a year or two from now. People have bought pet rocks and analysts thought the wii would fail. So you can't trust analysts or people.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

im not going to buy trhis straight up because othe battery life and that you can't play it while its charging. they are the two losing factors for me. and anyway they will release a 3ds lite probably anyway

Velocity439

Who said you can't play while charging? How do you think the cradle get's the power to charge the 3DS? It comes with a charger and you connect the charger to the cradle. You don't need to use the cradle if you don't want to and you can just use the charger and hook it up straight to the 3DS. As for the battery life it's not that big of a deal for me anyways. I don't play my HH for more than 3 hours anyways. Except for some some games like Pokemon and Golden Sun Dark Dawn. I played those for more than 3 hours but I played it with the charger hooked up.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#59 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

It's Sony who will have to compete against the mp3 players and cell phones. Moms don't care about gfx and cross-platform multiplayer. They want a good handheld with fun games for kids, that has backwards compatibility with their old games.

Also, female gamers make up a huge share of the DS user base. Are they really the type of people looking to buy a $350 mini-PS3, or a $400 Droid for the latest in retro/emu support?

Talk about nifty $1 and $5 games for iPhone/iPod, or portable PS3 games all you want folks. Once the general public gets ahold of a 3D Zelda or Mario Galaxy game they're gonna go bananas. The 3D camera and augmented reality games will be a big hit too.

There's something for everyone, for sure. I just don't think Nintendo is "screwed" or anything like that. They suck for the battery life and the price, though.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Well I'm not stating anything, but in the NGP conference they said that it has the largest battery life ever on a portable. With that jumbo size maybe it is kind of credible.

GojiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 GojiMaster
Member since 2009 • 451 Posts

It's Sony who will have to compete against the mp3 players and cell phones. Moms don't care about gfx and cross-platform multiplayer. They want a good handheld with fun games for kids, that has backwards compatibility with their old games.

Also, female gamers make up a huge share of the DS user base. Are they really the type of people looking to buy a $350 mini-PS3, or a $400 Droid for the latest in retro/emu support?

Talk about nifty $1 and $5 games for iPhone/iPod, or portable PS3 games all you want folks. Once the general public gets ahold of a 3D Zelda or Mario Galaxy game they're gonna go bananas. The 3D camera and augmented reality games will be a big hit too.

There's something for ev

eryone, for sure. I just don't think Nintendo is "screwed" or anything like that. They suck for the battery life and the price, though.

gamecubepad

Moms will be hesitant to buy the 3DS for their developing kids. Nintendo's warning assure that.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

There's something for ev

eryone, for sure. I just don't think Nintendo is "screwed" or anything like that. They suck for the battery life and the price, though.

GojiMaster

Moms will be hesitant to buy the 3DS for their developing kids. Nintendo's warning assure that.

It has parental control options.
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#63 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

GojiMaster

Nah, Ellen/Oprah/Dr. Oz will just have some doctor come on the show and say it doesn't mess with your eyes. There's a lockout too.

I'm hesitant to buy either at lauch. I'm fine with my PSP and phone for a while.

Avatar image for BreakTheseLinks
BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BreakTheseLinks
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts

The 3DS will be stuck in mediocrity. The 3D effect is nothing more than a gimmick. The 3D effect will also kill off a huge potential market of the 3DS-- children. Parents are going to be spooked about the 3D warnings and will not buy it for their kids. DS was hugely popular with children. Teenagers won't want anything to do with the 3DS. The NGP will recieve all the love from the teenage and hardcore gaming crowd. Those that don't want the NGP will want the latest Ipod. The 3DS will seen as an antiquated PSP with gimmick 3D effects.n Is the 3DS even more powerful than the PSP?

The casual gaming market for handholds will shift to the Ipod, and the hardcore crowd will shift to the NGP. Families will be afraid to buy 3DS due to the eye warnings, which will pick up major press at release time.

GojiMaster
Do cows ever stop performing falatio on Sony? I swear there is more Sony slurpin' in this thread than I care to see.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts
[QUOTE="TheRealLisaAnn"]let me complete the sentence. The Nintendo 3DS may be in trouble for 2 major reasons, high price and parents who allow their 7yo or younger child to play for hours on end, seriously messing up their eyes. (Here come the lawsuits. Thank you, stupid parents who don't read instruction manuals.)

I really don't think the 3D is going to affect anyones eye's, this is Nintendo there not going to release a product that can damage your eyes
DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#66 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Still getting the 3ds and i'm not planning on using the 3d thing.johny300
Same here. I'm in it for the games :D.
raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts

[QUOTE="right4dead"]

no man, its a nintendo handheld. they always manage to sell alot. stamp a nintendo logo on dirty diapers and people will buy it.

bowser3

Theres a reason why most gamers prefer the DS over the PSP ya know? *cough*games*cough*

Its the exact same reason I prefer the PSP over the DS
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#68 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

Oh dear, people please look up the details from Nintendo about battery life

With turning 3D off, turning WiFi off, putting brightness down to lower settings, and turning on power save mode, you could get up to 8-10 hours on 3DS games, even more with DS games

If you think the price is high, wait until the NGP is priced woah that's gonna be bad

runbleduck
Actually, the official specs are 3-5 hours for 3D games, 25% more time without 3D for 3DS games (so 3.75-6.25 hours), and 5-8 for DS games.

Typical Nintendo apologist. What kind of fools pays a premium $250 price tag just to play regular DS games or with 3D turned off (thus effectively reducing it to a PSP)? The battery life is a trainwreck and will be one of the many things to ensure the 3DS as the next virtual boy bomb.

*looks around**points to self*Me, Nintendo apologist... LOL. Okay. Don't know how you got that out of me stating official specs with no commentary, but whatever.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#69 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

They could drop the price if necesary, but is the battery life shorter than the PSP2's?
Also it is mentioned on SW that the PSP2 is sealed? If so, the 3DS wins out in terms of battery..

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

3DS should be priced at half of what the NGP is priced at. So if the NGP is $399, 3DS should be $199 or less.

flipdc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 flipdc5
Member since 2005 • 1312 Posts

[QUOTE="GojiMaster"]

BreakTheseLinks

Do cows ever stop performing falatio on Sony? I swear there is more Sony slurpin' in this thread than I care to see.

Sony fanboys complained about wii/ds:

Sixaxis - "Its better than the wiimote" 2 years later no devs use it

Move - "Its 1-1 real time movement!" completely copied the wii lol

PSP - "Graphics are awesome! it will sell more than the ds" the ds broke records and passed the largest selling gaming device of all time (ps2)

PSP2 - "It has touchscreen, two cameras, flash memory card and its next gen!" DSi had it all those features

Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jolt_counter119

Sony fanboys complained about wii/ds:

PSP - "Graphics are awesome! it will sell more than the ds" the ds broke records and passed the largest selling gaming device of all time (ps2)

PSP2 - "It has touchscreen, two cameras, flash memory card and its next gen!" DSi had it all those features

flipdc5

Nintendo fanboys complained about psp

graphics - " handhelds dont need good graphics and good graphics doesnt mean good games" 3DS has majorly improved graphics

games - "all the games are just wannabe console ports" 3DS linup includes mostly N64 ports and other console games

battery - "the battery sucks it only lasts like 5 hours lol" 3DS battery lasts about 5 hours.

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

low battery life. I think $200 would've been the sweet spot. I know it would've sold like hot cakes at that price but $250 is stretching it a bit. If they included a game then things would be better. I have doubts that people will be coming in droves to spend $250 on this thing when a lot of people already own the regular DS and DS XL and really there are almost no games for the 3DS launch.

Now add to that the poor battery life. The 3D effect may be super cool(have yet to try it) but it's not cool to run out of battery in 2 to 3 hours. That's really lame. And I know you get 8 hours if you shut off the 3D but then what is the point of this device anyway?

alexfla

Both of those are valid concerns.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#74 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It'll do just fine... but I think this time around the PSP2 may actually give it a run for its money, especially if Sony prices it competitively (i.e. offers a feature lite pack for the same price, and the full (3G, etc.) version for $300-350). If the PSP2 brings the features and the games, they might actually have a chance at matching Nintendo's momentum. Sure, it won't have the massive brand recognition, but it might do well commercially for being a better combination of portable gaming machine and portable media device (most smart phones these days lack the tactile controls many gamers like myself enjoy... along with more substantial games with meatier content).

I think the 3D features will end up just like the touch pad did on the DS. A novel, yet gimmicky feature that adds little to most games and gets tacked onto everything in the beginning whether it works or not.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#75 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26111 Posts

[QUOTE="93BlackHawk93"]

[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"] With only 1 stick it looks like a pain to play...good luck with that. Jolt_counter119

The touch screen isnt really a good subsitute for a second analog though because you thumb doesnt make a good stylus pen and while using a stylis pen it is unconfortable to use the other buttons. A second analog I think would be the best for a handheld shooter

But DS shooters have been beating up PSP shooters since forever, and they don't even have ONE analog stick. The touch screen is faster, more accurate than an analog stick for aiming, and you don't need to use other buttons because the commands are already in the touch screen. You only use the D-Pad to move and the trigger to fire, everything else is in the touch screen.

The proper critism of the 3DS would be that it's not good for left handed people, not that it is not good for shooters (because it destroyed the PSP in that regard and can hold it's own with the PSP2).

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Willy105

[QUOTE="flipdc5"]Sony fanboys complained about wii/ds:

Jolt_counter119

Nintendo fanboys complained about psp

graphics - " handhelds dont need good graphics and good graphics doesnt mean good games" 3DS has majorly improved graphics

games - "all the games are just wannabe console ports" 3DS linup includes mostly N64 ports and other console games

battery - "the battery sucks it only lasts like 5 hours lol" 3DS battery lasts about 5 hours.

Yet the graphics are still just a bonus to the gameplay.

Yet the biggest games for the 3DS are not ports, like Kid Icarus, Resident Evil, Time Travelers, Pilotwings, Layton vs. Ace Attorney, and more.

And yet the NGP also has similiar battery life.

Irony has invaded the Sheep establishment, but it doesn't ruin it in the least.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#77 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The touch screen is faster, more accurate than an analog stick for aiming, and you don't need to use other buttons because the commands are already in the touch screen. Willy105

But it is less ergonomic and for the most part, is almost completely unnecessary... except for the fact the DS doesn't have an analogue stick.

Either way, I find the idea of shooters on handhelds as ridiculous in the first place.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Willy105
Is the price of the 3DS below the actual manufacturing value or over?XenogearsMaster
Over. Nintendo can't release games at a loss, they have no way of returning it.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I got excited for the 3DS and pre-ordered it on Amazon. Then the PSP2 details came out and i canceled my 3DS pre-order immediately. If i am going to spend time playing a handheld, i want to be comfortable. The DS always gave me hand cramps with the awkward way you had to hold it for many games. Plus hopefully the battery life on the PSP2 will be much better than the 3DS because of the OLED display which is considerably less power hungry than lcd displays. Price is a small issue, but i would rather pay more for a better quality experience.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="Willy105"]The touch screen is faster, more accurate than an analog stick for aiming, and you don't need to use other buttons because the commands are already in the touch screen. foxhound_fox

But it is less ergonomic and for the most part, is almost completely unnecessary... except for the fact the DS doesn't have an analogue stick.

Either way, I find the idea of shooters on handhelds as ridiculous in the first place.

Not to mention the lack of tactile feedback from a touchscreen. If no buttons or analogs were so great then the thing would be just a pair of screens with no buttons or sticks.

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

price and battery life - two important advantages that nintendo heralded for generation after generation of handhelds

both now at risk with the 3DS

i'm not sure about this one, nintendo.

Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts
great job tc. the same problems that will plague the psp2. great point there. except that 3ds will have original/innovative titles while psp2 will have ps3 ports.
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Jolt_counter119

great job tc. the same problems that will plague the psp2. great point there. except that 3ds will have original/innovative titles while psp2 will have ps3 ports.Sonicplys

Known 3DS games: Zelda a N64 port, Star Fox a N64 port, Resident evil a prequal (or sequal?) to the consoles game, Mario kart the same game re-released over and over again, DOA a fighting game that looks just like the console versions, Street fighter 4 a port of the console version, Paper mario a sequal looking game to the console versions and finally an original game Kid Icarus that is mainly an on rails shooter.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

It'll do just fine... but I think this time around the PSP2 may actually give it a run for its money, especially if Sony prices it competitively (i.e. offers a feature lite pack for the same price, and the full (3G, etc.) version for $300-350). If the PSP2 brings the features and the games, they might actually have a chance at matching Nintendo's momentum. Sure, it won't have the massive brand recognition, but it might do well commercially for being a better combination of portable gaming machine and portable media device (most smart phones these days lack the tactile controls many gamers like myself enjoy... along with more substantial games with meatier content).

I think the 3D features will end up just like the touch pad did on the DS. A novel, yet gimmicky feature that adds little to most games and gets tacked onto everything in the beginning whether it works or not.

foxhound_fox

You can't tack it on when it can be turned completely off at will.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Sonicplys"]great job tc. the same problems that will plague the psp2. great point there. except that 3ds will have original/innovative titles while psp2 will have ps3 ports.Jolt_counter119

Known 3DS games: Zelda a N64 port, Star Fox a N64 port, Resident evil a prequal (or sequal?) to the consoles game, Mario kart the same game re-released over and over again, DOA a fighting game that looks just like the console versions, Street fighter 4 a port of the console version, Paper mario a sequal looking game to the console versions and finally an original game Kid Icarus that is mainly an on rails shooter.

Steel Diver (An original game), Time Travellers (3DS RPG from Level 5), Fantasy Life (3DS RPG/Life Sim from Level 5 and Brownie Brown), Pilotwings Resort (original game) and Professor Layton X Ace Attorney (A sequel/Crossover for both the Professor Layton and Ace Attorney series). Also Kid Icarus is half Rail Shooter/half Free roaming.

Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Jolt_counter119

[QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

[QUOTE="Sonicplys"]great job tc. the same problems that will plague the psp2. great point there. except that 3ds will have original/innovative titles while psp2 will have ps3 ports.Nintendo_Ownes7

Steel Diver (An original game), Time Travellers (3DS RPG from Level 5), Fantasy Life (3DS RPG/Life Sim from Level 5 and Brownie Brown), Pilotwings Resort (original game) and Professor Layton X Ace Attorney (A sequel/Crossover for both the Professor Layton and Ace Attorney series). Also Kid Icarus is half Rail Shooter/half Free roaming.

I know not every game is going to be a port or a console franchise game but the only games know for the NGP are Uncharted, Resistance, and Killzone, and other non console games such as little deviants so I dont know why everyone is saying the NGP is only ports when The 3ds has a LOT of ports also.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

Jolt_counter119

I know not every game is going to be a port or a console franchise game but the only games know for the NGP are Uncharted, Resistance, and Killzone, and other non console games such as little deviants so I dont know why everyone is saying the NGP is only ports when The 3ds has a LOT of ports also.

Oh sorry I only saw that list. But I know the NGP will not have just console ports I know it will have new titles I hope they make a sequel to Z.H.P. that is the title that I'm most interested in on the PSP.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

I'm getting it launch day and I'm sure the hype train will take millions of DS owners along with it. $300 would've been terrible. $250 is alright.

I highly doubt the NGP will be cheaper with the hardware they're trying to needlessly shove in it. They said it would be affordable, but then clarified "affordable" as meaning not $600. I predict $300, minimum.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 oldkingallant

[QUOTE="Sonicplys"]great job tc. the same problems that will plague the psp2. great point there. except that 3ds will have original/innovative titles while psp2 will have ps3 ports.Jolt_counter119

Yes because as the DS and PS3 have shown this gen launch lineups are TOTALLY indicative of what the lineup will look like over the course of the gen :roll:.
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Jolt_counter119

[QUOTE="Sonicplys"]great job tc. the same problems that will plague the psp2. great point there. except that 3ds will have original/innovative titles while psp2 will have ps3 ports.oldkingallant

Yes because as the DS and PS3 have shown this gen launch lineups are TOTALLY indicative of what the lineup will look like over the course of the gen :roll:.

Exactly so why are people judging the NGP lineup so harshly. Even though they havent shown a real lineup.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 oldkingallant

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

Jolt_counter119

You know what the DS started out with? A Super Mario 64 port and... that was about it for good games, here's the entire DS launch lineup: Asphalt Urban GT Super Mario 64 DS Feel the Magic: XY/XX Madden NFL 2005 Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits Ping Pals Ridge Racer DS Spider-Man 2 Sprung A demo of Metroid Prime Hunters bundled in The Urbz: Sims in the City Tiger Woods PGA Tour Yeah, obviously the DS lineup got a hell of a lot better. The 3DS lineup actually easily crushes that of the original DS, so I see no reason for it to follow a different path. I do see sufficient reason to believe the NGP will follow the PSP's path of making dumbed down console games and solid ports. And you know what? Why the hell not? Some people want that more than unique portable experiences. Sure the PSP got clobbered in sales by the DS, but the PSP has found a nice niche that it has sold 66 million in. No reason to change up their plan and risk losing the audience they've gained. Nintendo used to have 100% control of the handheld gaming market, now they have 70% (excluding the iPhone and iPod Touch which doesn't count on account of not being a gaming system). So on their first try Sony took away 30%. I'm sure they'd like more but if they wanna stick with the PSP's business plan and accept their niche, I think they'll be fine selling more than any home console except for the Wii.