The Nintendo 3DS is overrated

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts

Most gamers know that the 3DS is over rated and its obviously catered for the fans of Nintendo, regardless of the hardware being old and weak or even having a lacklustre lineup.

Slapping on 3D doesnt 'tech' it up.

Will it take off? Eventually. Will it be great? No. Will it be good to those who find it appealing? Of course.. but for how long i wonder.

g0ddyX

will it be great? that machine as a lot of potential, becaus the original ds is up there with the greatest consoles of all time.

Avatar image for NEStorianPriest
NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 NEStorianPriest
Member since 2010 • 804 Posts

PS2 had a terrible launch line-up then look what happened. Not really a deciding factor.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

PS2 had a terrible launch line-up then look what happened. Not really a deciding factor.

NEStorianPriest
if u mean US line up, surely u jest?
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#104 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

[QUOTE="NEStorianPriest"]

campzor

if u mean US line up, surely u jest?

Yeah, there was quite a lot to choose from. Pretty good launch.

NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 NEStorianPriest

Yes in my opinion the following games (with the exception of AC2 and Tekken Tag Tournament) were a whole lot of meh. No Crash, no Square, no GT, no Twisted Metal, no Wipeout, nothing that lent to the epic library that was to come:

Armored Core 2
DOA2: Hardcore
Dynasty Warriors 2
ESPN International Track and Field
ESPN X-Games Snowboarding
Eternal Ring
Evergrace
FantaVision
Gun Griffon Blaze
Kessen
Madden NFL 2001
Midnight Club
Moto GP
NHL 2001
Orphen
Q-Ball Billiards Master
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
Ridge Racer V
Silent Scope
Smuggler's Run
SSX
Street Fighter EX3
Summoner
Swing Away
Tekken Tag Tournament
TimeSplitters
Unreal Tournament
Wild Wild Racing
X-Squad

BTW I am a huge PS2 fan (check my profile) so I mean no offense. I'm just saying the launch line-up has nothing to do with how good a platform (or in this case a handheld) is going to become. IMO every incarnation of the Gameboy has been a success and I doubt the 3DS will be any different.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
oh i know that the launch line up has nothing to do with the quality of the handheld or the future titles but it does show me that i wont need to be spending any money at launch and rather wait until a decent catalogue presents itself.. oh and add timesplitters to ur AC/Tekken list and thats all u'll need! :P
NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 NEStorianPriest

oh i know that the launch line up has nothing to do with the quality of the handheld or the future titles but it does show me that i wont need to be spending any money at launch and rather wait until a decent catalogue presents itself.. oh and add timesplitters to ur AC/Tekken list and thats all u'll need! :Pcampzor

Didn't see Time Splitters whoops! BTW I played the heck out of SSX and Gungriffon, but I didn't know much about them when the PS2 came out so I wasn't looking forward to them at the time. Now the PS2 is my go to machine.

Back on topic, really looking forward to 3D without glasses. If it sucks you can turn it off, and you still have a new handheld to play JRPGs, so I can't possibly see the problem. Power-shmower. The "underpowered" original held its own against the likes of more powerful Lynx, Gamegear, Turboexpress, and Nomad on the strength of its games, one thing Nintendo always manages to excel at. Can't wait, but the price tag says I'll have to.

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
ps2 actually had a horrible launch line up. i remember reading magazines and reviewers were talking so harsh about the ps2, cause of it.