The Nintendo 3DS is overrated

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

babybinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 babybinky
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts

terrible launch title line-up.

most of the anticipated games for the 3ds are already available on consoles. (paper mario, metal gear solid 3, street fighter 4, zelda, mario kart, resident evil, etc etc etc. now its awesome to play those games on handelds when you're not at home, but the 3ds only has a battery life of 3-5 hours so that sucks.

IMO the 3DS is just an updated version of the ds, just with 3d graphics. ohhh ahhhhh 3d, so pretty right? if you're a real gamer then 3d shouldn't be a big deal to you.

surely the 3ds will sell like hot cakes. just like the ds outsold the psp, even though the psp was way superior.

im predicting this gen to be no different. the psp2 will be superior again but not sell as much as the 3ds due to popular demand and the fact that THE NINTENDO 3DS IS OVERRATED.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Analog stick on PSP...bad. Analog stick on 3DS...good. Ports on PSP...bad. Ports on 3DS...good.
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts
The use of " overrated " is overrated !
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

For now the 3DS lineup isn't something to squeal about. However I believe by next year you'll see numerous good games being announced and released for it. We know nothing about the PSP2 so it would be ignorant to presume its better than anything at the moment. Wouldn't you agree?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

The 3DS is going to be a HUGE success, and the PSP2 will probably not be, just like before. You should probably get used to the idea and just accept it.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

paper mario

babybinky

Nnnnnope, different game from any of the ones on consoles.

Try harder.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

ooooh, your in troubleeee, i don't understand when people say things are overrated though, just because you don't like it makes it overrated?

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
meh, the ds was far superior than the psp. But I agree on the port part. Why the hell would people be hyped for games like SF4 :lol:
Analog stick on PSP...bad. Analog stick on 3DS...good. Ports on PSP...bad. Ports on 3DS...good. Bread_or_Decide
every faction does the same
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
Analog stick on PSP...bad. Analog stick on 3DS...good. Ports on PSP...bad. Ports on 3DS...good. Bread_or_Decide
bad battery life on psp....terrible handheld. bad battery life on 3ds.... not a problem.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

Your threads are always good. :D

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
So many things wrong with your post.
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
Sorry but when it comes to handhelds Nintendo is King.
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts
The Nintendo 3DS isn't out yet.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
PSP superior? How so?
babybinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 babybinky
The Nintendo 3DS isn't out yet.Blixxed
really? i thought it came out last year
babybinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 babybinky
PSP superior? How so?MonsieurX
if u have to ask, then you're not worthy of the answer lol. sales don't mean ****. the majority of gamers are dumb idiots like most of the people on this forum
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]Analog stick on PSP...bad. Analog stick on 3DS...good. Ports on PSP...bad. Ports on 3DS...good. MFDOOM1983
bad battery life on psp....terrible handheld. bad battery life on 3ds.... not a problem.

Funny how that works huh? :lol:

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]Analog stick on PSP...bad. Analog stick on 3DS...good. Ports on PSP...bad. Ports on 3DS...good. MFDOOM1983

Handheld that focuses on graphics....used to be bad until the 3DS did it. (Updated graphics plus visual 3D gimmick.) Battery life isn't the end of the world. I mostly played my DS and PSP at home anyway. Shrug.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]PSP superior? How so?babybinky
if u have to ask, then you're not worthy of the answer lol. sales don't mean ****. the majority of gamers are dumb idiots like most of the people on this forum

Still looking for an answer. Then why do you stick to a forum populated by idiots,as you so called them?
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

most of the anticipated games for the 3ds are already available on consoles. (paper mario, metal gear solid 3, street fighter 4, zelda, mario kart, resident evil, etc etc etc. now its awesome to play those games on handelds when you're not at home, but the 3ds only has a battery life of 3-5 hours so that sucks.

IMO the 3DS is just an updated version of the ds, just with 3d graphics. ohhh ahhhhh 3d, so pretty right? if you're a real gamer then 3d shouldn't be a big deal to you.

surely the 3ds will sell like hot cakes. just like the ds outsold the psp, even though the psp was way superior.

im predicting this gen to be no different. the psp2 will be superior again but not sell as much as the 3ds due to popular demand and the fact that THE NINTENDO 3DS IS OVERRATED.

babybinky

You're overrated.

Top 4 reasons why your thread should be closed:

• The launch titles are consisting of Kid Icarus (a lot of people wanted this, check on google), Paper Mario, Starfox, and others, people wanted this, and i can back that up easily, if the list were terrible you would be hearing a massive amount of complaints. And entertainment is based on subjective preferance. Point is irrelevant.
  • Battery life is affected by multiple factors, it depends on the user. 3-5 hours is fine for such a handheld. Just so people can understand this perspective, the PSP had 32MB of RAM(3000 models had 64) and had a battery life of 4.5–7 hours. The 3DS has 128 MB of RAM in total.
  • The DS has 4MB of RAM. With that said, i don't have to say anything els about your horrible missinformation regarding their similarities.
  • The term "overrated" isn't objective, hence why it ain't fact. And to add on that, what we see now is called "hype".

There, your thread is gone like the wind.

The only thing that sucks is the price.. I ain't buying no 3DS, i don't game on handhelds. Never did in my life. It can fail for all i care. I just dislike haters that hate for the sake of it without any reason.

iano-87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 iano-87
Member since 2010 • 685 Posts

this forum is full of idiots. ban me, i don't give a ****. all people do on this forum is respond with irrelevant, halfwitted comments because they have no idea what the **** they're talking about.

seriously, the 3ds adds on a thumbstick and people go crazy for it when psp already had one, and the psp2 will surely have dual anolog sticks for fps's.

nintendo has u guys by the b@lls and you'll buy anything they come out with. have fun replaying metal gear solid 3 with 1 analog stick.

babybinky

You sound angry about something. If anything posted here is irrelevant its your original post. You say say the 3ds is just an upgraded ds? By that logic The Ps3 360 are just upgrades of their predecessors, and the psp is a dumbed down ps2. Is that how you feel? You don't want the 3ds to succeed because you have something against Nintendo. This much is clear. You need to grow up and stop insulting people on a gaming forum.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34717 Posts

babybinky

This sentence is shock full of intelligence.

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#25 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
No only 3d, but cameras, stronger processor. It is not over rated, and it is not out yet. You cant say it is an over rated product if it is not out YET.
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

Considering all the hate I've been reading about the 3DS and how once again, I'm hearing people say how the PSP2 will crush the 3DS because it's powerful and the two analog stick...etc like they've done before with PSP/DS...

which's overrated here exactly?

And as for me, I do have some problems with the 3DS, the design especially which is basically the same as the DS. However I'm not gonna jump the gun like some do with the battery and price. 3-5 hours of battery doesn't tell me much about what's on or off, if it's full brightness, just droping that one level will probably give you 2-3 hours more of battery. Price...?? we don't know it yet. With that said, I'll most likely wait for a 3DS Lite before getting one tho.

As for the games I'm looking forward to the most on 3DS? Kid Icarus, RE: Revelations, Time Travelers, Fantasy Life, Steel Diver. So ya let's not act like there's only ports/remakes here.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Espada12

Not to mention the 3DS has the whole friend code system again!

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

Considering all the hate I've been reading about the 3DS and how once again, I'm hearing people say how the PSP2 will crush the 3DS because it's powerful and the two analog stick...etc like they've done before with PSP/DS...

which's overrated here exactly?

And as for me, I do have some problems with the 3DS, the design especially which is basically the same as the DS. However I'm not gonna jump the gun like some do with the battery and price. 3-5 hours of battery doesn't tell me much about what's on or off, if it's full brightness, just droping that one level will probably give you 2-3 hours more of battery. Price...?? we don't know it yet. With that said, I'll most likely wait for a 3DS Lite before getting one tho.

As for the games I'm looking forward to the most on 3DS? Kid Icarus, RE: Revelations, Time Travelers, Fantasy Life, Steel Diver. So ya let's not act like there's only ports/remakes here.

laus_basic
I don't hear too many people saying the PSP2 will crush the 3DS. I just hear a lot of people being upset over the recent bit of news about the 3DS.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OreoMilkshake

Espada12
We don't know that.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

OreoMilkshake

We don't know that.

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=147204

"quick match": pairs you up with an opponent instantly
- "custom match": finds an opponent based off conditions that you've set
- "friend match": select opponents from friend list
- add players to your friend list by exchanging friend codes
- local multiplayer play

The details on Super Street Fighter's multiplayer

It isn't clear if its a code per game, or per system, but it isn't looking too bright

Take from the DS forum!

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I don't think it's overrated and I'd love to see a PSP2 with 3D as well. Wonder if that will happen?
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
How in the hell can it be overrated if it isn't out yet?
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 OreoMilkshake

Take from the DS forum!

Espada12
Finally one thing that bugs me. Lucky you.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Its out? :?
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

We don't know that.

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=147204

"quick match": pairs you up with an opponent instantly
- "custom match": finds an opponent based off conditions that you've set
- "friend match": select opponents from friend list
- add players to your friend list by exchanging friend codes
- local multiplayer play

The details on Super Street Fighter's multiplayer

It isn't clear if its a code per game, or per system, but it isn't looking too bright

Take from the DS forum!

So basically you just have to enter a code when adding a friend instead of typing in their name/gamertag? Not a big deal. As long as the quick match and custom match type options are available friend codes shouldn't be a problem.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

babybinky
"Even though the PSP is superior" Your complaints are exactly what's wrong with the PSP but somehow PSP got it right? :|
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]Analog stick on PSP...bad. Analog stick on 3DS...good. Ports on PSP...bad. Ports on 3DS...good. Bread_or_Decide

Handheld that focuses on graphics....used to be bad until the 3DS did it. (Updated graphics plus visual 3D gimmick.) Battery life isn't the end of the world. I mostly played my DS and PSP at home anyway. Shrug.

I'm still holding on until I learn the real Battery life (Nintendo said the same about DSi's battery life and it turned out great.) but if it really is 3-5 then Nintendo be damned. I'm not buying it.
TINYOWNSYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 TINYOWNSYOU
Member since 2009 • 565 Posts

The use of " overrated " is overrated !Caseytappy

This. Plus TC mostly just talked about their opinions anyways. I'm still excited for the 3ds.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

babybinky

You have absolutely no clue what you're saying. do you?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

Only thing that worries me is the battery life, 4 hours? really, i'm still amazed to see how many hours my old DS Lite can take, anyway i'm going to wait for the second and no doubt superior version of the 3DS.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 theuncharted34

Only thing that worries me is the battery life, 4 hours? really, i'm still amazed to see how many hours my old DS Lite can take, anyway i'm going to wait for the second and no doubt superior version of the 3DS.

madsnakehhh

they listed 3-5 hours, but that's with the 3d on and max brightness I'm sure. That's always how companies list battery life - using all the available energy.

Plus, it gets 5-8 hours with max brightness when playing regular ds games.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="babybinky"]paper mario

PannicAtack

Try harder.

pfff all nintendo gamez are all teh same!!!111one11
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]

[QUOTE="babybinky"]paper mario

funsohng

Try harder.

pfff all nintendo gamez are all teh same!!!111one11

hell, I thought wind waker and twilight princess were the same game.

... :P

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

theuncharted34

they listed 3-5 hours, but that's with the 3d on and max brightness I'm sure. That's always how companies list battery life - using all the available energy.

Plus, it gets 5-8 hours with max brightness when playing regular ds games.

Much better, still, i think the wait for the 3DS lite will be worth.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
The lineup of launch games don't interest me much, but some of the games that are in the works do.
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
I'm not really too happy about everything I've been hearing about the 3DS, lame battery life and a sleep inducing launch lineup.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OreoMilkshake
I'm not really too happy about everything I've been hearing about the 3DS, lame battery life and a sleep inducing launch lineup. FIipMode
Tell me the US launch lineup.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm not really too happy about everything I've been hearing about the 3DS, lame battery life and a sleep inducing launch lineup. FIipMode
Huh, I don't remember hearing that Mass Effect 1 or 2 is part of the launch lineup.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Tell me the US launch lineup.OreoMilkshake
So the games I have been seeing are not the US lineup? Alright, but I don't have faith in the US lineup being drastically better.
Huh, I don't remember hearing that Mass Effect 1 or 2 is part of the launch lineup.Bigboi500
You got Mass Effect 1, but 2? You sir are crazy.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

So the consensus of SW is that the 3DS will be a failure with no good games and the PSP2 will kill it?

The second half of this year should be rather interesting. :]