FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Remember The Last Night? The game was unveiled during MS E3 2017 Press Conference. It was supposed to come out for the Xbox One and PC (Steam, OSX, Linux). Well a 2nd new trailer was supposed to be made for the VGA 2018. Yet, Tim Soret seemed to struggle with funds and even after the backlash against gaming journalist about his politics, even apologized about it. Here is his Twitter timeline.

NOTE: The game isn't cancelled, Tim is still looking for a solution to get more funds.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

I was wondering what happened to this game... hopefully it comes eventually.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FireEmblem_Man
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I was wondering what happened to this game... hopefully it comes eventually.

They need a publisher to help fund the game. I was hoping Digital Devolver to get involved, but I don't think they'll have the funds to publish the game.....

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: This is sad to hear. That trailer back at E3 2017 was really nice. Maybe getting that fancy studio in London wasn’t the best choice. London Zone 1 office space is some of the most expensive to rent out their and not the best place for a startup to setup base.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FireEmblem_Man
@davillain- said:

@FireEmblem_Man: This is sad to hear. That trailer back at E3 2017 was really nice. Maybe getting that fancy studio in London wasn’t the best choice. London Zone 1 office space is some of the most expensive to rent out their and not the best place for a startup to setup base.

Yep, London is a very expensive place! A wrong financial move on Tim's part.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3025 Posts

I thought Microsoft was helping with the funding.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#8 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

It's a shame if this project is dropped. Side-scrolling action adventures like Another World and Flashback are a genre that I wish more Indies explored. The reveal trailer looked really promising.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#9 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@uitravioience said:

They were until the usual crowd of ultra sensitive witch hunting twitter blue checkmarks got their panties in a bunch and backlashed on him for his twitters against radical weirdos and ultra far left loony toons:

with this:

". A few years ago, Soret (again, on Twitter) described his new game as a warning against “extreme progressivism,” portraying a dark world where “modern feminism won, instead of egalitarianism.”

or this:

"I find it interesting to show the danger of extreme progressivism, in the background of the game, the characters, and the story. Finally, we’ll have another take on the cyberpunk oppression instead of Big Brother/1984/HAL/big companies. What if the surveillance, bullying, marginalization won’t come from governments but from the Internet?"

Microsoft cut ties after backlash from insane activists.

Can't be against the "Politically correct" narrative and the blue checkmark mob of twitter inquisitors.

They labeled him a heretic. Like they so often the intersectional intolerant pearl clutchers are oft to do.

Honestly his plot is exactly that dystopian appointed ministry of truth thought police mobs, that are so active today.

It's a shame these companies give in.

This same mob is going after Louis CK right now for comedy.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

Yeah, I was wondering if this game would come at all or not.

EITR and Unto the End are two other cool sounding indie games I haven't heard anything about in a looong time.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14899 Posts

@Midnightshade29: Or people go after Louis CK because he is basically a piece of shit who punches down now that his career is over.

And drop this stupid alt right conspiracy bullshit. Its not about looney leftists, its about people not backing a game made by an alt-rightist. Why should they back his sick ideology?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I wish social media would go. If I was a developer I'd just advertise on /v/ or whatever. That's it.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@texasgoldrush: Sick ideology? Louis CK a pos? Lol, thanks for letting us know not to listen to anything you say from now on.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58953 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:
@uitravioience said:

They were until the usual crowd of ultra sensitive witch hunting twitter blue checkmarks got their panties in a bunch and backlashed on him for his twitters against radical weirdos and ultra far left loony toons:

with this:

". A few years ago, Soret (again, on Twitter) described his new game as a warning against “extreme progressivism,” portraying a dark world where “modern feminism won, instead of egalitarianism.”

or this:

"I find it interesting to show the danger of extreme progressivism, in the background of the game, the characters, and the story. Finally, we’ll have another take on the cyberpunk oppression instead of Big Brother/1984/HAL/big companies. What if the surveillance, bullying, marginalization won’t come from governments but from the Internet?"

Can't be against the "Politically correct" narrative and the blue checkmark mob of twitter inquisitors.

They labeled him a heretic. Like they so often the intersectional intolerant pearl clutchers are oft to do.

Honestly his plot is exactly that dystopian appointed ministry of truth thought police mobs, that are so active today.

It's a shame these companies give in.

This same mob is going after Louis CK right now for comedy.

That's pretty fucked up.

I'm sure he'd be crowd-funded, just to snub them.

But then you'd get bias tinted reviews from the hive-mind cabal regardless of quality.

Remember the 90's before gaming was over-run by these fuckwits? Good times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

To be honest now that I know the theme I'm much less interested in the game and understand why the support was taken. I wouldn't want my brand associated with it either. But I still hope the game comes out, maybe crowdfunding could be a solution.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14899 Posts

@vfighter said:

@texasgoldrush: Sick ideology? Louis CK a pos? Lol, thanks for letting us know not to listen to anything you say from now on.

So you missed the fact that he whipped out his johnson in front of women who didn't want to see it and started jerking off? Wow, shame on those people who dropped him....lol

And yes, alt right ideology is sick....so fascism, racism, and misogyny are acceptable?

Avatar image for eyeboonseyebrow
EyeBoonsEyebrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EyeBoonsEyebrow
Member since 2018 • 280 Posts

Game looks great. That reveal trailer with acid rain is amazing. I would donate if they made the option available.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

Lol another Xbone game about to be canceled. The M$ flop machine, rofl.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

It looked great at e3 years ago I had wondered what happened with it. Don't know why MS don't step in and help with the development.

It was on their stage.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FireEmblem_Man

@blackballs: it's not an Xbox One game, it's also coming to PC, and whoever picks up the game, it can also go to PS4

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@blackballs: it's not an Xbox One game, it's also coming to PC, and whoever picks up the game, it can also go to PS4

But I thought lemmings said that its a console exclusive if its on the pc because exclusives dont exist anymore, lol lemmings now backing up like usual.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#22  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

First off, they already have a publisher: Swedish indie publisher Raw Fury, who have backed the devs throughout the shitstorm.

Second off, you people seemed to have missed these tweets by Tim Soret:

Sounds to me like a classic case of increased resources causing ambition to balloon out of proportion, eventually running up against a wall of reality and ending in a crash back down to earth.

Also, while it's difficult to speculate what the "legal issues" are, if I have to take an educated guess, it's most probably a copyright and intellectual property issue. For example, searching the internet, I came across no less than three different films with the title "The Last Night," and several others that use the same three words in their titles. Maybe a copyright holder made a claim.

I thought the game looked nice, and didn't give two shits about his politics. I very likely consume numerous things on a daily basis that are made by people with views I don't necessary agree with. If I start obsessing about that, I'd probably end up as some basement-dwelling tinfoil hat-wearing conspiracy nut obsessing with and over-interpreting the most mundane of things. That's no way to live.

Assume less, read more.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

What a damn shame, I was massively looking forward to this game.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

the premise sounds really dope, hope it can be finished. The first trailer looked dope, liked the art style they were going for as well.

SJW Progressives and Evangelical Conservatives have one big thing in common, They love to censor and ban things they disagree with. If you dont like the premise dont buy it, you dont have to destroy everything you disagree with.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

I remember seeing this at MS's show in 2017, I thought it was the best looking thing at their show that year.

@Midnightshade29 said:
@uitravioience said:

What's the problem with MS backing daring devs?

Sony has Naughty Dog who had the long Lezbo kiss from TLOU2 which outraged homophobs and mainstream America alike but Sony said, it's Nautghty Dog's creative vision and if you don't like it kick rocks and find another game to play.

I don't like that kissing scene, but I applaud Sony for backing their developers vision of their game. Maybe these guys should talk to Sony.