The King returns to #1 with Too Human demo not far behind !

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44155 Posts

Ya just can't keep a great game down.

But man - that poor excuse for a game demo Too Human :roll: is making it's presence known ! :D

The Story.

Halo 3 is number one on Xbox Live again

Today 15:19

Halo 3 has retaken top spot on the Xbox Live most-played chart after months of dominance for Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

That's according to Major Nelson, otherwise known as Microsoft's Xbox Live authority Larry Hryb, who likes to document these things on his blog. We wonder if Bill Gates calls him "Major" instead of "Larry".

The Too Human demo, incidentally, is doing rather well as the seventh most played game on Live.

Also, if you like reading into these things, Guitar Hero 3 is one place above Rock Band.

JediRiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JediRiff
Member since 2007 • 2159 Posts
I really need to get back into some Halo 3 and check out the newest map. I just have too many games I am trying to finish, though. And I wish I could get the Too Human demo working, I really wanted to have a headstart on the gameplay before it launches. I dont think it will happen, though.
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

King of Broken Weapons, amirite?

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts

The better competition in my experience is in GH3.

Looking at the list. 5 out of the top 6 I own. But only play 4 of those.

I don't think Gears has ever fallen below 10. Don't expect it to til Gears 2 is released. Even then it might be in the top 10 along side it's sequel.

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts

probably due to the new map and legendary edition only 600 points.

I love Halos massive success. No ps3 game can touch its sales. Heck, even MGS4 has barely passed Halo 3s NA 24 hour sales :lol:

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
wow i was right just like halo 2 people will be playing that game to death until the next xbox comes out or new halo what ever comes out first.
Sh3rpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sh3rpa
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts

I love Halos massive success. No ps3 game can touch its sales. Heck, even MGS4 has barely passed Halo 3s NA 24 hour sales :lol:

-GhostMLD-

Yes! let's judge a game by its sales! I love the logic. And it's ok to forget about mgs4. You don't have to force a comparison to it constantly xbox fans.

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts
Hmmm maybe Halo 3 has been calling people all of a sudden :D. Because me and a bunch of friends just started playing Halo 3 again, mainly in Forge. I'm still waiting for them to make the legendary pack free.
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheDarkDisciple

-GhostMLD-

:o where did you hear that? cause i'm pretty sure it's wrong...

edit: oh if your comparing overall sales of MGS4 to Halo 3 24 hr. then nvm.

chazasul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 chazasul
Member since 2003 • 3852 Posts
[QUOTE="Sh3rpa"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

-GhostMLD-

Yes! let's judge a game by its sales! I love the logic. And it's ok to forget about mgs4. You don't have to force a comparison to it constantly xbox fans.

why not?

sales = the number of people who felt it was worth their money. Id say thats a prety good way of measuring success.

Um, you do realise it's entirely possible to buy a game and NOT like it?

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -GhostMLD-
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"][QUOTE="Sh3rpa"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

chazasul

why not?

sales = the number of people who felt it was worth their money. Id say thats a prety good way of measuring success.

Um, you do realise it's entirely possible to buy a game and NOT like it?

same goes 4 MGS4.......

besides, if they trade it in, someone else will buy it and possibly enjoy it.

ur logic is flawed.

fastrozombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fastrozombies
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts

why not?

And no we will not stop comparing MGS4 to Halo 3 in sales, its fun to show how Halo 3 slaps around MGS4 like its Halo 3' B****. We will stop when cows stop using its 10 against us.

oh okay, maybe the fact that halo 3 sold so much is because of the MASSIVE hype surrounding it, mountain dew game fuel anyone?

and at any rate I thought on system wars the quality of the game is based off there professional review. ( I don't always agree with this)

MGS4 - 10

Halo 3 - 9.5

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -GhostMLD-

fastrozombies

why not?

And no we will not stop comparing MGS4 to Halo 3 in sales, its fun to show how Halo 3 slaps around MGS4 like its Halo 3' B****. We will stop when cows stop using its 10 against us.

oh okay, maybe the fact that halo 3 sold so much is because of the MASSIVE hype surrounding it, mountain dew game fuel anyone?

and at any rate I thought on system wars the quality of the game is based off there professional review. ( I don't always agree with this)

MGS4 - 10

Halo 3 - 9.5

metacritic has Halo 3 > MGS4.

Metacritic includes Gamespot.

fastrozombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fastrozombies
but here on gamespot, we follow gamespot scores. not metacritic not gamerankings. you should no better than that!
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

wow i was right just like halo 2 people will be playing that game to death until the next xbox comes out or new halo what ever comes out first. GARRYTH

A lot of people still play Halo 2 which is surpring. They are both great games. Good games tend to have a good amount of community that has people playing for a long time. Other example besides Halo 2 and 3 are games like CS and Warcraft 3.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts
who else is AMAZED at how gears has withstood time? i mean number 4, given that it's been out for what, 2 years now? yay for gears. and also i reckon it's to do with halo 3's MASSIVE bungie and community support. as well as being more diverse, more feature packed and generally better than COD4 in every way
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
I luv Halo3 :D probably one of the best Online multiplayers on consoles this gen...thats if you mute the entire XBL community :P
JediRiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JediRiff
Alot of people dont count system wars' reviews as credible anymore.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]wow i was right just like halo 2 people will be playing that game to death until the next xbox comes out or new halo what ever comes out first. istreakforfood

A lot of people still play Halo 2 which is surpring. They are both great games. Good games tend to have a good amount of community that has people playing for a long time. Other example besides Halo 2 and 3 are games like CS and Warcraft 3.

Absolutely, positively agree.

Here's the thing when looking at some posts above trying to own on the 10 > 9.5 :

Halo 3 gives a 19.5/10 game-play value and will likely be played by million even years from now where that 10 can be bragged about -cough bull spit - cough - and not be played beyond ! :P

fastrozombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fastrozombies
Yeah because noone will be playing MGSIV in 5 years..:roll:
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheDarkDisciple
but here on gamespot, we follow gamespot scores. not metacritic not gamerankings. you should no better than that!fastrozombies
Lol, damage control. But i guess your right. If it weren't for that dumb rule (which the majority of people don't like actually, and there have been polls that favored the change to gamerankings or metacritic) Halo 3 would be the better game. That said, atleast the 360 still has the better game library and more exclusives here (which leads cows to constantly flip-flop by bringing up gamerankings or metacritic to help the argument they're trying to make. :roll: ). I'd take 4 AAAEs over 1 AAAAE any day.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#24 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

-GhostMLD-

I wasn't aware that MGS4 has mass casual appeal :| Seriously, do you have nothing better to do? PS3 wasn't even mentioned in this thread.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

Yeah because noone will be playing MGSIV in 5 years..:roll:fastrozombies

You mean MGO? If so I say there is a good chance of that happenning if barely anyone plays the game in 5 years like how Konami pulled the plug on MGS3 back in 06(I think it was 06).

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -GhostMLD-
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

Tiefster

I wasn't aware that MGS4 has mass casual appeal :| Seriously, do you have nothing better to do? PS3 wasn't even mentioned in this thread.

im the general, its my duty.

besdies, were all in SW during the middle of the day. none of us have anything better to do.......

fastrozombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fastrozombies
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

Tiefster

I know right, I usually just read these forums and not post, but as soon as the ps3 and mgsiv had to somehow get dragged in here by fanboys I had no choice but to defend it

fastrozombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fastrozombies
[QUOTE="Tiefster"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

-GhostMLD-

im the general, its my duty.

besdies, were all in SW during the middle of the day. none of us have anything better to do.......

its your duty to be a complete xbox fanboy..okay

TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheDarkDisciple
[QUOTE="Tiefster"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

fastrozombies

I know right, I usually just read these forums and not post, but as soon as the ps3 and mgsiv had to somehow get dragged in here by fanboys I had no choice but to defend it

If you came into a thread about the 360 then you were obviously looking for an argument.

fastrozombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fastrozombies
[QUOTE="fastrozombies"][QUOTE="Tiefster"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

TheDarkDisciple

If you came into a thread about the 360 then you were obviously looking for an argument.

I came in for the read, and afterall this is system wars..

TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheDarkDisciple
[QUOTE="TheDarkDisciple"][QUOTE="fastrozombies"][QUOTE="Tiefster"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

fastrozombies

I came in for the read, and afterall this is system wars..

"I had no choice but to defend it"

"and afterall this is system wars"

I think you're taking this forum a little too seriously.

FerdMertz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FerdMertz
Member since 2006 • 1034 Posts
Ironically, I just played some Halo 3 for the first time in months. After playing COD4 for so long Halo 3 looks and plays horrible. It's SLOW, you have to shot people 857 times to bring them down and you don't even get to pick the game type you want to play. Some jerks vetoed a newer map I had never played before after I politely asked them not to and you know what come up instead- shotty snipers on the Narrows. If I didn't have fun with the campaign still, I would've traded it in that day.
Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Logan832
Member since 2006 • 2168 Posts
I would not call it "king" unless it can consistantly stay on top.
JediRiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JediRiff

Ironically, I just played some Halo 3 for the first time in months. After playing COD4 for so long Halo 3 looks and plays horrible. It's SLOW, you have to shot people 857 times to bring them down and you don't even get to pick the game type you want to play. Some jerks vetoed a newer map I had never played before after I politely asked them not to and you know what come up instead- shotty snipers on the Narrows. If I didn't have fun with the campaign still, I would've traded it in that day.FerdMertz

It only takes 854 shots, if you got mad skillz. Jeez! :D

JediRiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JediRiff

I would not call it "king" unless it can consistantly stay on top.Logan832

I think what Secret Police is referring to is that ever since the first Halo, it has pretty much been the king of online multiplayer games. Before Gears came along nothing even challenged it, for number of people playing it online.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SecretPolice

I would not call it "king" unless it can consistantly stay on top.Logan832
You have doubt as to the longevity of a Halo game staying on top on XBL. ?

The game may slip out of #1 for a bit when a new game - Next, think Gears 2 - but will rise back to the top over time and this will go on for years.

Certainly due to it's enjoyable game-play from novice to expert. IMHO

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
I like to come back to Halo every once in awhile
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

if the demo is anything like the final product, too human will be complete and utter garbage.

anyway, back on topic. halo 3 is rubbish. halo 2 is far better.

beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
all this thread does is remind me that I haven't played Halo 3 in too long. Thanks TC :(
beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
all this thread does is remind me that I haven't played Halo 3 in too long. Thanks TC :(
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SecretPolice

if the demo is anything like the final product, too human will be complete and utter garbage.

mistervengeance

You are in the minority or......

Explain Too Human as a demo only - Just Wow, imagine the full game and leveling - clocking it at #7 !

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SecretPolice
all this thread does is remind me that I haven't played Halo 3 in too long. Thanks TC :(beast667
I think I hear Master Chief calling for you to come play. :)
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
[QUOTE="mistervengeance"] if the demo is anything like the final product, too human will be complete and utter garbage.

i thought the demo was pretty good
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

[QUOTE="mistervengeance"] if the demo is anything like the final product, too human will be complete and utter garbage. st1ka

well, not to sound like a prick but you didn't even have to play the game when the monsters came about. all you had to do was move the right analog stick in random directions and they would all die, you wouldn't even have to move around. silliest combat gameplay ever imo.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts
Just a quick note of info Halo 3's user review score after 1700 reviews is a 7.5. Thats a whopping 1700 reviews, to be sure cows aren't that hard at work in providing that many bad reviews lol. And if so thats disgraceful and as disgraceful as the 0's posted for mgs4 user review scores from lemmings.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SecretPolice
Just a quick note of info Halo 3's user review score after 1700 reviews is a 7.5. Thats a whopping 1700 reviews, to be sure cows aren't that hard at work in providing that many bad reviews lol. And if so thats disgraceful and as disgraceful as the 0's posted for mgs4 user review scores from lemmings.GreyFoXX4
C'mon now - a cow like yourself probably scored the game 5.0 about 1500 of those 1700 times. :P
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts

mistervengeance

I, for one, say quite the opposite-if the demo is anything like the final product, Too Human will be one of my favorite games in years. Sure, the default camera is a bit off and the combat takes some getting used to (it's not bad-it's just different), but, once you get past these minor hiccups, the game turns into one of, if not the best A-RPG since Diablo 2.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

Nope wouldn't do that and I wouldn't call it disgraceful if I was one that would do it would I? Think about that for a min lemming lol.

Someone mentioned metacritic and well its hard not to see a 7.4 next to the critic score of 9.4 for Halo 3. And it really seems strange that most ps3 games user score and critic score almost match, while 360 games user review score tends to be about a point or 2 lower than critic scores. Its just one of those mysteries or something. And just an obersvation.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SecretPolice

Nope wouldn't do that and I wouldn't call it disgraceful if I was one that would do it would I? Think about that for a min lemming lol.

Someone mentioned metacritic and well its hard not to see a 7.4 next to the critic score of 9.4 for Halo 3. And it really seems strange that most ps3 games user score and critic score almost match, while 360 games user review score tends to be about a point or 2 lower than critic scores. Its just one of those mysteries or something. And just an obersvation.

GreyFoXX4

Yeah, GS Teh Bias. :lol: MGS4 10 !

Umm yeah, Moooo!

Opoooops, so all non bovine can understand....

Me just did that Cow tipping only seen in the movies ! :lol:

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="mistervengeance"] if the demo is anything like the final product, too human will be complete and utter garbage. mistervengeance

well, not to sound like a prick but you didn't even have to play the game when the monsters came about. all you had to do was move the right analog stick in random directions and they would all die, you wouldn't even have to move around. silliest combat gameplay ever imo.

have you ever played any diablo type games?

look at the combat, too human is leaps and bounds ahead of this