QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

PS4's dpad is excellent IMO. Works really well for fighting games.

Microshaft still hasn't learned how to make proper dpads.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

Elite controller obviously. Two different ones cross and saucer.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#53 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

Ever wonder why Dpads have vastly improved after Nintendos patent ended? Yeah.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#54 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@quadknight said:

PS4's dpad is excellent IMO. Works really well for fighting games.

Microshaft still hasn't learned how to make proper dpads.

I hear the Elite controller has an excellent one, so I don't think that's necessarily true any more.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts

Wii U gamepad / Wii U Pro controller. I have no idea what you think is wrong with these. They are perfect. Vita's look weird. I haven't tried it, it might be nice, but I can't see it being better than the sturdy-can't-fail-Nintendo D-pad-design.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
@Litchie said:

Wii U gamepad / Wii U Pro controller. I have no idea what you think is wrong with these. They are perfect. Vita's look weird. I haven't tried it, it might be nice, but I can't see it being better than the sturdy-can't-fail-Nintendo D-pad-design.

I don't think anything is wrong with the Wii U Gamepad or the Wii U Pro controller. I listed both as among my favorite Dpads of the generation lol

That said, the Vita one really is amazing. Definitely encourage you to try it out for yourself, it's the best Dpad I have ever used.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Litchie said:

I don't think anything is wrong with the Wii U Gamepad or the Wii U Pro controller. I listed both as among my favorite Dpads of the generation lol

That said, the Vita one really is amazing. Definitely encourage you to try it out for yourself, it's the best Dpad I have ever used.

I just wanted to know why you prefer that one over Nintendo's.. Which I can't see any problems with. Since you prefer something else, I'm curious what you think is better with the Vita's. Instead of asking what the problem with Nintendo's is, I should've asked why is Vita's better.

I've tried some Sony d-pads, which look like Vita's, and didn't like them. Felt flimsy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Litchie said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Litchie said:

I just wanted to know why you prefer that one over Nintendo's.. Which I can't see any problems with. Since you prefer something else, I'm curious what you think is better with the Vita's. Instead of asking what the problem with Nintendo's is, I should've asked why is Vita's better.

I've tried some Sony d-pads, which look like Vita's, and didn't like them. Felt flimsy.

Yeah, I never liked Sony's Dpads before. The Vita and the PS4 are the first ones I liked.

The reason I like the Vita's is because of how sturdy, tight, precise, and clicky it is. It feels like the perfect D-pad. By contrast, Nintendo's for Wii U/Pro and N3DS still feel a bit squishy and mushy, with some give.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: I don't know how I missed this post, but thanks for the input!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:
D-Pad
D-Pad
D-Bag
D-Bag
D-Plane
D-Plane

Hilarious. I like the cut of your jib.

D-Day
D-Day
D-Fenders (The Real)
D-Fenders (The Real)

D-listers
D-listers

D-Generation X
D-Generation X

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

@Sweetbackhair: Yeah the gamecube's d-pad is awful. I try playing Virtual Console games with it and it's nearly impossible. Have to use the analog stick instead.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#63 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts

@getyeryayasout:

I know about the D-pad and D-bag... But what the fock is a D-plane?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@getyeryayasout:

I know about the D-pad and D-bag... But what the fock is a D-plane?

Loading Video...

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#65 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I always liked the Classic Controller's D-pad.

Not the Pro. Not the ProU. The original Classic Controller.

The Problem with the Vita's Control scheme is that the left nub is too close to it.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

I didn't see the appeal of the Vita D-pad. It was just... okay.

To this day I think the Wii Classic Controller has the best D-pad. Used to be SNES. Though I have never actually held a Saturn controller in my own hands. Hell, I've never seen a Saturn in person out of its box!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@getyeryayasout: You can't see the last two? Dang!

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

I prefer the Elite d-pad

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#69 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I don't know. Now that MS fixed their D-pad with the Xbone controller they all seem to work just fine for me.

Angryduck67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Angryduck67
Member since 2004 • 272 Posts

This generation has some pretty solid D-pads. I like the ps4 pad, the Wii U gamepad has a great pad, one of the finest perhaps, and the Wii U pro controller has the same pad but the positioning is a tad uncomfortable compared to the gamepad. I haven't used the XB1 pads enough to know, but in the brief uses they felt pretty good. The 3DS pad is pretty terrible, the positioning is way too low. All I remember of the vita is that the pad is very clicky, which was kinda annoying but it felt great otherwise.

The worst pads I've used....I remember the PSP having a D-pad that felt slippery, like it was designed to function more like a joystick before they put the thumb-pad on there. I hated the DS lite's pad, original DS had a good one. The Wii remote, ugh, and the GC had that tiny little one that was basically useless. A blemish on an otherwise great controller.

I always liked the PS2 D-pad too, for some little reason more than the other PS's. I don't remember the Saturn one that well, I remember the first controller had that disk-like D-pad with the little circles but it had a hard texture, the second controller was more squishy and I've liked squishy D-pads.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Sony>>>>Nintendo>>>>>>>Microsofts D-pads.

Sony's are perfect. Nintendos feel okay, they get the job done but they are so simple, blocky, cheap and feel kiddy.

Microsofts straight up suck.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#73  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I agree that the Vita one is the best and I really like my new 3DS XL one, too.

The XB1 controller D-pad is prone to errors and not nice to use. The PS4 controller has an OK d-pad but doesn't feel as nice to use as the Vita one because it tilts and because of its size. It's separated into sections without the benefit that the Vita d-pad has of them being very light buttons, so you have less feedback and not as easy to go from one input to another. I would place the PS4 d-pad last this generation, the XB1 d-pad second to last because it malfunctions so easily and does not roll nicely through inputs like right, right-up, up. It will only click twice when you do that.

Much like everything else about the XB1 and PS4, their d-pads are some of the worst I've ever touched.

After playing the first 10 hours of Xenogears on the Vita d-pad I have to say that the 3DS d-pad is actually nicer on the fingers for prolonged use.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#74 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

The dpad is literally meaningless these days since most games don't even use it.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

I don't know which is the best, all I know is that Xbox 360 and X1 have the worst fucking DPAD I've ever tried, I don't remember the SNES DPAD but I think even that one was better.

I guess the PS4's DPAD is the best this generation, haven't tried the Vita though.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#76 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Vita's is well done. My favorite is X1 Elite controller. It is so easy to get precisely where I wish on it.

The worst is the Steam controller. Too big and the guide grooves are barely noticeable to the touch. Fail.

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

having used a number of controllers with different D-pads. I would have to agree that the PS4 D-pad is the best. The d-pad is crucial for fighting games. The xbox 360 has the worst d-pad I have ever used.

As a matter of fact , The Ps4 controller is the best controller for the pc ( as you long as you download the conversion software to make it like Xbox- 360 button UI. ) If you can tolerate that, Its the best........... Blue tooth, best d-pad, Rechargeable with phone USB , and the trackpad acts like a mouse.. Steam controller is a disgrace compared to dual shock 4. Any objective person would agree that the ps4 controller is the best for the PC.