The Elder Scrolls: Skyblivion - Teaser Trailer (PC Oblivion Remaster)

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

Skyblivion is a fan made recreation of the 4th Elder Scrolls game, Oblivion, in the Skyrim engine. It is a free remaster of Oblivion that includes all weapons, armors, quests, locations and NPC’s.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

When's it coming out? It's been in development forever (not that I don't appreciate the effort it takes to do this). I could never really fully get into Oblivion due to how janky and dated it was by the time I got around to it, so this seems like a great opportunity to experience it, as Skyrim as held up a bit better.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I wonder if Bethesda will shut this down, and/or attempt to somehow monetise it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58953 Posts

Oblivion is a bad game.

Why would you poison the well again?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Hopefully they don't include the horrible scaling system. That ruined Oblivion for me.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Good trailer, narrator sounds a bit like Patrick Stewart lol. I agree with cup though, Oblivion wasn't very good.

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts
@The_Stand_In said:

When's it coming out? It's been in development forever (not that I don't appreciate the effort it takes to do this). I could never really fully get into Oblivion due to how janky and dated it was by the time I got around to it, so this seems like a great opportunity to experience it, as Skyrim as held up a bit better.

I think it's still a long way off but it's at least finally shaping up to what we can call a proper video game

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I don't want to sound like a dick or anything, especially because I have nothing but the utmost respect for the volunteers that make this mod...

...but why the hell would you make an Oblivion remake, when Morrowind is so much better...

...and why would you use the Skyrim engine? Or any TES/Fallout engine? They are so fugly.

Anyway, I wish them the best of luck, and I hope Bethesda doesn't get all lawsuit happy and send them a cease and desist letter.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@Planeforger said:

I wonder if Bethesda will shut this down, and/or attempt to somehow monetise it.

Skyblivion dev's answer to your question

"We have their blessing, we just cant be monitizing the project. We also have to find away to convert everything that is oblivion by a 3rd party source (which we have still working on it though). We cannot redistribute the models \ Voices \ Textures, etc. So as long as we can convert everything without actually handing you guys the vanilla files in a download we are all gucci.

Now the remasted version is fine, as long as we are only handing you guys the direct replacements that we made within the project. But the same rules apply above anything we cant recreate or dont have time to have to be ported and not directly handed to the masses."

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Dumb name.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#11 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

when I was 13 and Oblivion came out I loved it but its not a game i think I should go back to

besides... the Skyrim engine is not that big of an upgrade over the Oblivion one... a lot of effort to make a game look slightly better.

i bet you can make Oblivion look that good already with a few mods

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

Meh. Where's Skywind?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#14 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Where are the mods like this for console? Anyone? ;)

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I wish someone remastered oblivion with more than 3 voice actors.

More than the level scaling and inconsistent graphics that bothered me the most.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

...but why the hell would you make an Oblivion remake, when Morrowind is so much better...

...and why would you use the Skyrim engine? Or any TES/Fallout engine? They are so fugly.

Very good questions. A Morrowind remake in a good engine, like the Unreal Engine or something. *drools

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

when I was 13 and Oblivion came out I loved it but its not a game i think I should go back to

besides... the Skyrim engine is not that big of an upgrade over the Oblivion one... a lot of effort to make a game look slightly better.

i bet you can make Oblivion look that good already with a few mods

Hmmm, not likely :P

I saw a really good documentary on Gamespot not too long ago (yeah, Gamespot can make quality content :p) about the development of this mod. And the work they put into recreating it.

Stuff like swamps in Oblivion don't really look like swamps because of the limited assets. In fact the limited assets are what makes this game look really aged and bad. Most people remember the recycled voice actors, but it really was everything about the game.

They really are recreating this game and I feel that the game will truly shine because of it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58953 Posts

@Yams1980 said:

Can't wait for this to be finished.

Lots of little people here bashing the hard work they put into this mod. It was made for fans of the game, if you trolls don't like Oblivion, why even post anything in here?

Oh, by all means these peoples efforts should absolutely be applauded. No ill against them at all.

It's the game itself. It not good and was never good.

That talent and dedication could be used to produce their own product.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@Yams1980 said:

Lots of little people here bashing the hard work they put into this mod. It was made for fans of the game, if you trolls don't like Oblivion, why even post anything in here?

Oh, by all means these peoples efforts should absolutely be applauded. No ill against them at all.

It's the game itself. It not good and was never good.

That talent and dedication could be used to produce their own product.

i lost a lot of hours in oblivion when i strayed off the beaten path. the thieves guild and dark brotherhood quests in particular were really engrossing. admittedly i did mod the shit out of it but still, i got my money's worth. the main quest with closing all those oblivion gates was totally forgettable but it absolutely was not all bad by any stretch.

@mrbojangles25 said:

i've revisited morrowind quite a few times over the years and even after modding it extensively i don't think it's aged all that well

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mrbojangles25

@Macutchi said:

@mrbojangles25 said:

i've revisited morrowind quite a few times over the years and even after modding it extensively i don't think it's aged all that well

Yeah that's my point, remake Morrowind in a modern game engine.

Or are you referring to the game mechanics?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Macutchi said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

yeah the whole lot tbh. i think it'd have to be fundamentally rebuilt. the foundations are solid but even after comprehensive modding i've struggled with it. admittedly it's about 4-5 years since i last tried but every time i've revisited it years after first playing i can't recapture the magic. weirdly that's one of the reasons why i haven't returned to mass effect 1. i absolutely loved it when it first came out but i've not been back because i worry it'll have aged terribly and i'd rather keep my memories of it pristine lol

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts
@Yams1980 said:

People that don't like what you like are little people/trolls that don't have a right to post opinions on forum topics unless it is something that you agree with?

:D

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mrbojangles25

@Macutchi said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Macutchi said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

yeah the whole lot tbh. i think it'd have to be fundamentally rebuilt. the foundations are solid but even after comprehensive modding i've struggled with it. admittedly it's about 4-5 years since i last tried but every time i've revisited it years after first playing i can't recapture the magic. weirdly that's one of the reasons why i haven't returned to mass effect 1. i absolutely loved it when it first came out but i've not been back because i worry it'll have aged terribly and i'd rather keep my memories of it pristine lol

I was unfortunately late to the TES scene and Oblivion was my first game in that series, so naturally that is sort of how I judged other games in the series.

I did not play Morrowind until fairly recently (like two years ago), and yeah, it's game mechanics did not appeal to me. Which is unfortunate because I hear about what a great game it is, or rather was, just not good enough to age well.

That's sort of how I feel about Deus Ex; I played the original, and I still love it, but I know if anyone that didn't play it within a few years of release did not like it, that's understandable. A lot of gaming is "I guess you had to be there" when it comes to nostalgia.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Oblivion sucks. Morrowind is even worse.

Thankfully Skyrim is an actual good game even if it has aged a bit.