Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@mandzilla said:

@i_p_daily: I like to try and get involved every now and then. :P

You did buy an Xbox recently didn't you? if so you better watch out as you will go from a sheep to a lem real fast if you keep stirring up the cows lol.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@that_old_guy: no I bought an xbox INSTEAD of a ps4(controller only one reason) Meaning rather than buying a 300 dollar machine that needed a second controller. I bought a 300 dollar machine that didn't. It's not even the cost... it's the principle.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#103 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@mandzilla: There’s a couple that don’t let you skip the cutscenes. There is no way that controller is making it. Maybe this was Sony being slick by getting people to buy 2 controllers minimum.

Geesh guys. Stop being fanboys. You can easily turn off the controller during cutscenes for longer batter life. ;)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#104 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts
@Juub1990 said:

It used to fly in the past because we had no direct comparisons from other consoles. After all, the Xbox One/360 have a removable battery back/batteries that are much heavier as opposed to being built in.

That was a valid excuse until the Switch Pro controller came about which can apparently lasts up to 40hrs.

When fully charged, the battery duration for the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller can last approximately 40 hours. This can be shorter depending on the software application and functions being used.

Dual Shock 4 lasts 4 to 8 hours. Currently using it with my PC running DS4Windows and after 1h, my battery level has already dropped by 10%. It's a great controller otherwise but this battery life is awful.

16-20hrs would be fine and nobody would complain. Up to 8rs? lol.

I'd argue even before that with the Wii U Pro controller, but then again, given the hate the Wii U gets, no one will be given that any credit where it's due.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#105 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

@Steppy_76: you can dim the light, but the track pad is also just a glorified button and I’m sure that it can’t just be turned off as it has many functions that aren’t just “swipe right for X item” both in and out of games like using it as a mouse or to type.

Not that the usual ways of doing these things aren’t easier, but I would think it wouldn’t be that simple.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

@Steppy_76: I mean if you’re in to Sony’s exclusives I dont think the controller is going to be where you start your war on the gaming industry.

There’s a lot of reasons so many people have bought the PS4.

For all those reasons it would seem you’re in the minority of buying a totally separate system with controllers being a hard difference maker.

I mean, I like most the Xbox exclusives but Sony has many more of them and at higher quality. If you’re wanting those types of games buying a second controller over choosing to buy a totally different console and not play those games seems like an overkill.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@horgen said:

@Nonstop-Madness: That's a pathetic answer. Sony wanted to save money and put in a battery half the size or less than it should have been.

Is it though? There's plenty of data out there that shows the average gamers only plays about 1-2 hours a day. That should last you 3+ days of gaming even at 6-8 hours a charge.

Again, if this really annoys someone then they should get a charging station.

It affects the lifetime of the controller. With 6-8 hours on a new controller, you will probably be wanting a new controller when you're down to half of that. If you had 12-16 hours, each cycle in the battery could last twice as long, halving the number it is charged in a time period (say 2 years) and thus last much longer.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@that_old_guy said:

@Steppy_76: I mean if you’re in to Sony’s exclusives I dont think the controller is going to be where you start your war on the gaming industry.

There’s a lot of reasons so many people have bought the PS4.

For all those reasons it would seem you’re in the minority of buying a totally separate system with controllers being a hard difference maker.

I mean, I like most the Xbox exclusives but Sony has many more of them and at higher quality. If you’re wanting those types of games buying a second controller over choosing to buy a totally different console and not play those games seems like an overkill.

As I've already stated, my personal gaming time is limited there are literally far more games in every genre on pretty much every machine out there that library differences really don't matter. Even the "no exclusive" Xbox is gonna end up with what 1500-2000 games this gen?

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

I don't tend to have a problem with it, I get between 12-15 hrs, although I have the newer version that came with the Pro and turn off rumble, dim the light and the speaker as I don't like any of them.

I hope they get rid of the light next gen.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@that_old_guy said:

@lundy86_4: or...or...don’t play for 7 hours straight bc it’s not healthy in the first place to be nearly non moving for that long.

There’s nothing you can do for an hour to charge the controller. Just my an hour gives like 50% of the battery life back.

You could take a nice long hot shower, go to the grocery store and shop for yourself, you could, go for a walk, do yard work, take a nap if you’re tired, watch a movie, clean your house, do the dishes,, there’s like million things to do to kill an hour to not be sitting and playing games.

You could talk to your girlfriend or wife or boyfriend, play with your kids, look at some YouTube.

Preferably something that gets you off your ass so that it’s more healthy.

Great point, I love it! I just got a bright idea. Sony should make the charge only last 5 minutes and make the charging take 5 hours that way everyone can have more of a life and live healthier! Thank you for your inspirational ideas sir! You are appreciated!

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

It should be better but the answer is you should get a charging station if it annoys you that much.

Actually you're better off just getting a usb cable. It's cheaper, and you can play while charging.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

Am I'm the only gamer here who just happens to use USB cable all the time without ever thinking about battery life's problem? Or the fact I always charge my DS4 controller whenever I leave my console on stand-by mode? All of this is just easy as counting 1, 2, 3.

I know it's not perfect and it could've been better but there's a 1000 ways to skin a cat. (Not that I'll ever do such a horrible thing because I'm a huge cat lover)

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I got a USB cable from CEX works fine decent enough length cost less than £5.