The division scored 8/10 on gamespot

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

A good score imo. The game has its flaws but it is still a great game, just like the score says.

No seperate reviews for the pc though, why would they? for those two extra pixels?

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/tom-clancys-the-division-review/1900-6416380/

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

My PS+ ran out, so I can't play it. Enjoying it so far, though.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45276 Posts

Playing this game on PC. I really like it so far. Very impressed.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Lol at complaining about no crouch option.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Yeah Watch Dogs scored an 8 out of 10 too. See how that game turned out?

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

Did you play the game or did you play Watch dogs?

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007: I did beat Watch Dogs, it was an uninspired, boring mess. So empty, and they even screwed up Chicago!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

But are you playing it in 1440p 144hz?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Watch Dogs and AC Syndicate also scored high here...

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Awesome !

Ubisoft nailed it this time.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 naughtyottsel
Member since 2016 • 1801 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@primorandomguy said:

Did you play the game or did you play Watch dogs?

lol primo doesn't play the games he bashes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I actually really like everything I've seen of this so far. Seems to out-Destiny Destiny, at any rate.

Will get some months down the line.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I haven't jumped on the game release as of yet but the beta was great. I will pick it up in next couple of weeks. The atmosphere was brilliant and exploring on my own felt good. Tried a few group plays at later missions and it was not bad, solid. Eight sounds like a good score.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@charizard1605: You have to have some friends that will start with you because you should keep your level within a certain reasonable bracket otherwise the enemies will be scaled based on the higher level of your friend, with some minor bump down, but still gonna kick your ass. Well, unless playing with randoms or being a lone wolf is your thing. But I gotta tell you - this game loses a lot of its charm when played without friends. You can get easily addicted to co-op, too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@charizard1605: You have to have some friends that will start with you because you should keep your level within a certain reasonable bracket otherwise the enemies will be scaled based on the higher level of your friend, with some minor bump down, but still gonna kick your ass. Well, unless playing with randoms or being a lone wolf is your thing. But I gotta tell you - this game loses a lot of its charm when played without friends. You can get easily addicted to co-op, too.

Hmmm, that might be an issue, then. Maybe if SW gets a group going?

WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Lol at complaining about no crouch option.

it's been annoying to me as well.. why is it an invalid complaint?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 commander

@Salt_The_Fries said:

the game is quite fun alone too I think but you need to know what you're doing, when playing with friends the enemy count increases but it's still more forgiving.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: I've played all of what I've played.....at least 6 or so hours by myself and I've enjoyed all of it.

This game doesn't need groups to be fun like Destiny.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

This site will never fail to amaze. Well that's the price that these sites need to pay to stay in business.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
@commander said:

A good score imo. The game has its flaws but it is still a great game, just like the score says.

No seperate reviews for the pc though, why would they? for those two extra pixels?

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/tom-clancys-the-division-review/1900-6416380/

why would there be a whole separate review for the PC?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

TLOU scored an 8 out of 10 and that turned out pretty well

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@2mrw: 8 sounds about right based on the feedback I have received from people that own the game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#23 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I enjoy it alone, with friends and random players. Sort of like sex

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Game is quite good and unlike Destiny, gets more fun the more you play instead of the other way around. Also as someone who was born and raised in Manhattan I can tell you they did an amazing job converting the city. There's only a handful of noticeable differences for the most part it is nearly identical, right down to the brick.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

Yeah I don't get the whole "you have to play it with friends" From Star Craft, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead, I played with randoms and loved it. I mean some of them I started out with friends but after a few days none of us kept playing together. Am I missing something with this game, somehow different, less fun with random players than the games I mentioned?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Well its > MCC and =Halo 5 and Forza 6, must be a decent game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46451 Posts

@chriscoolguy said:

Yeah I don't get the whole "you have to play it with friends" From Star Craft, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead, and loved it. I mean some of them I started out with friends but after a few days none of us kept playing together. Am I missing something with this game, somehow different, less fun with random players than the games I mentioned?

I got the same problem. I start out playing a game with friends, but because of other responsibilities it's hard to always play at the same times.

I personally found L4D very enjoyable with randoms. But I always played Expert, and everyone joining an Expert lobby knew what he was getting into and knew that teamwork was the only way to reach the end of the level. So yeah, playing with randoms can be fun !

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chriscoolguy

@R4gn4r0k said:
@chriscoolguy said:

Yeah I don't get the whole "you have to play it with friends" From Star Craft, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead, and loved it. I mean some of them I started out with friends but after a few days none of us kept playing together. Am I missing something with this game, somehow different, less fun with random players than the games I mentioned?

I got the same problem. I start out playing a game with friends, but because of other responsibilities it's hard to always play at the same times.

I personally found L4D very enjoyable with randoms. But I always played Expert, and everyone joining an Expert lobby knew what he was getting into and knew that teamwork was the only way to reach the end of the level. So yeah, playing with randoms can be fun !

Yeah when I played with Randoms it wasn't much different for me. The only time I really liked playing with friends was when we were all at my house with multiple tv's playing lan, or split screen. A kind of get annoyed having to keep talk to my friends while on tying to play online. I guess everybody is different.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 commander

@Pray_to_me said:

Game is quite good and unlike Destiny, gets more fun the more you play instead of the other way around. Also as someone who was born and raised in Manhattan I can tell you they did an amazing job converting the city. There's only a handful of noticeable differences for the most part it is nearly identical, right down to the brick.

That must be nice that you recognize those buildings and streets.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46451 Posts

@chriscoolguy said:

Yeah when I played with Randoms it wasn't much different for me. The only time I really liked playing with friends was when we were all at my house with multiple tv's playing lan, or split screen. A kind of get annoyed having to keep talk to my friends while on tying to play online. I guess everybody is different.

Yes ! Couch co-op is still the best co-op. And you know everyone has time cuz they're all there with you :D

What do you mean with your last sentence, you hate chatting in game ?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Its mp only? I'll pass :(

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

well that's just insane. But at the same time, what kind of decent reviewer do we still have on GS? Right about nobody.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Meh... not my cup of tea.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

Really impressed, I thought this game would flop for some reason.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@silversix_: it's not.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chriscoolguy

@R4gn4r0k:

@R4gn4r0k said:
@chriscoolguy said:

Yes ! Couch co-op is still the best co-op. And you know everyone has time cuz they're all there with you :D

What do you mean with your last sentence, you hate chatting in game ?

Just when I played games online with my friends in black ops and stuff they would want to talk while im focusing more on playing. Sometimes I actually preferred randoms.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Nice, i expected 6-7/10

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#38 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@silversix_ said:

well that's just insane. But at the same time, what kind of decent reviewer do we still have on GS? Right about nobody.

why is that insane? have you even played it (and playing the beta isn't the same as playing the full game)

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 silversix_

@with_teeth26 said:
@silversix_ said:

why is that insane? have you even played it (and playing the beta isn't the same as playing the full game)

yes i did. i played the demo aka the beta aka the full game. You don't need to spend much time with an Ubi game to see its whole 'potential'. What's in the full game is exactly what's in the beta but copy/pasted and multiplied by 50. The Division really is a poor example of what a loot shooter could be.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44616 Posts

I've been playing my backlog recently to put myself on a budget for buying games, so I wasn't going to buy any new games before Quantum Break in meantime, but then I remembered I had a jar full of change so I hit up the CoinStar, plus throw in the $10 in Bing Rewards I had plus last months XBL Rewards and I have more than enough to The Division, and enough to pick up Far Cry Primal for not much more. Shouldn't take much effort to budget ahead for other games I want like Doom 4 and Uncharted 4.

Reviews seem pretty favorable. I enjoyed the beta so I feel it's a safe bet I'll enjoy this.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

A perfect score for this game. I'm really enjoying it and despite it's flaws (which are easy to see) it's a fun game to play.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@chriscoolguy said:

L4D was absolutely UNPLAYABLE with randoms on versus. It is probably my fav multi-player game of all-time (my buds and I played it pretty obsessively for an entire YEAR) but by God the overall community in that game was easily the WORST I have ever experienced in any multiplayer game.

Too often I ended up with people on my team who I seriously wondered if they were even capable of dressing themselves in the morning because they were so damn stupid...

Even after the point where the game had been out plenty long enough to have the expectation that people might at LEAST have a basic concept of the game mechanics, but then you see one jackass running off into random corners of the map and NOT following the path of the map, while you see another teammate get pounced by a hunter while the last teammate is standing RIGHT THERE and literally cannot figure out how to get the hunter off that teammate.

God help you when there was a witch around. It too often meant one of your dumbass teammates was going to get themselves murdered.

Then when it comes time to play as the infected, you have idiots knocking you off when you have pounced an opponent because they feel the need to try and claw the enemy at the same time. Then someone else gets the tank and proceeds to straight run into the organized group swinging wildly, whilst the enemy team just drops them in 5 seconds with auto-shotty's...

That's completely ignoring the insane amounts of rage-quitting especially going from round 1 to 2. People are such bitches and constantly quit out the second their team lost a round. It was RIDICULOUS!

For the expert play-through's, I helped ruin those via some great trolling the game enabled. Charged shotting teammates was way too funny before they finally patched the glitch, and then there is the epic Dead Air closet trolling that one can do. My buddy and I used to crash games all the time because of shit like that. I know it was a dick move but it was also damn hilarious.

Playing that game with friends though was a gaming experience that absolutely cannot be beat IMO. We used to play versus all the time and just simply WRECK opposing teams. We simply death raced levels (which we preferred to call Leeroying) and would manage to still destroy 90% of teams we faced. Coordinating attacks as the infected was so much fun and in general I actually enjoyed being the infected more than being a survivor.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#43  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@silversix_ said:

yes i did. i played the demo aka the beta aka the full game. You don't need to spend much time with an Ubi game to see its whole 'potential'. What's in the full game is exactly what's in the beta but copy/pasted and multiplied by 50. The Division really is a poor example of what a loot shooter could be.

So you don't like Ubisoft therefore you are assuming this game is bad. Lots of people I know disliked the beta but are enjoying the full game. Your opinion is very narrow minded

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

@commander: I'm currently lvl. 13 with some decent gear and weapons. Just playing PvE for now. The Division is proving to be a real love/hate affair for me. It's remarkably immersive, and the devs did an amazing job with the city, and all the details, but some missions are just endlessly frustrating. I have to put 90 rounds on most [higher level/armored] bad guys, with guns that climb like crazy (you basically have to start shooting enemies in the ankle, to compensate for the recoil, even with grips/mods), while they can one-shot, maybe two-shot you dead depending on which weapon they're using. You have to be in cover at all times or your toast, but enemies can just walk (or charge) right up to you and, boom, you're dead. It's bullshit, and it cheapens what is otherwise a really great experience. I generally can't stand playing anything with randoms - why can't I conscript some AI JTF guys to help out? On the whole, I feel that The Division well deserves it's 8/10 - it's a great game, that despite some seriously lame, poorly balanced, endlessly repetitive, controller-tossing, bullshit mission design, is still worth your time.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

And it free to play online no sub for gold PSN :P

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 silversix_

@with_teeth26 said:
@silversix_ said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@silversix_ said:

So you don't like Ubisoft therefore you are assuming this game is bad. Lots of people I know disliked the beta but are enjoying the full game. Your opinion is very narrow minded

I don't like Ubi for obvious reason and no, i'm not simply negative about the game because its cool to do so. I tried the beta extensively and watched a bunch of the "endgame" on twitch. Its the exact same thing as the beta but you have access to more grind and significantly spongier enemies. The structure of this title is so bad. You upgrade your base while grinding and and and,,, yeah, that's it. When your base is fully upgraded, you'll keep grinding in the same areas previous to fully upgrading your base. This is no better than Ass Creed with guns and randomly generated equipment. Better than Destiny? yes. But destiny is a 6/10 POS so that isn't much of an achievement. As a loot shooter, this game is laughable compared to a game like BL2, another loot shooter.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Great game, I've been having a blast with it. Plays great, looks great and the progression system is really fun and there is lots of customization.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mems_1224

@silversix_ said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@silversix_ said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@silversix_ said:

I don't like Ubi for obvious reason and no, i'm not simply negative about the game because its cool to do so. I tried the beta extensively and watched a bunch of the "endgame" on twitch. Its the exact same thing as the beta but you have access to more grind and significantly spongier enemies. The structure of this title is so bad. You upgrade your base while grinding and and and,,, yeah, that's it. When your base is fully upgraded, you'll keep grinding in the same areas previous to fully upgrading your base. This is no better than Ass Creed with guns and randomly generated equipment. Better than Destiny? yes. But destiny is a 6/10 POS so that isn't much of an achievement. As a loot shooter, this game is laughable compared to a game like BL2, another loot shooter.

there is no grinding for base upgrades. the majority of resources for upgrading the base come from doing main story missions. no idea what you're even talking about.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By silversix_

@mems_1224 said:
@silversix_ said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@silversix_ said:

there is no grinding for base upgrades. the majority of resources for upgrading the base come from doing main story missions. no idea what you're even talking about.

I never said you were grinding FOR the base. I said you were grinding while upgrading your base and when your base is fully upgraded you'll be doing the same thing, grinding. Poor exploration, repetitive environment, copy/pasted enemies everywhere in the game and no equipment feels special. Loot is boring AF in this game... All you see is a higher DPS number and that's it. Fallout 4 did loot better and that game wasn't even about the loot.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mems_1224

@silversix_ said:
@mems_1224 said:
@silversix_ said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@silversix_ said:

I never said you were grinding FOR the base. I said you were grinding while upgrading your base and when your base is fully upgraded you'll be doing the same thing, grinding. Poor exploration, repetitive environment, copy/pasted enemies everywhere in the game and no equipment feels special. Loot is boring AF in this game... All you see is a higher DPS number and that's it. Fallout 4 did loot better and that game wasn't even about the loot.

Every loot game has grinding so I dont see what the point of whining about it is. The exploration is good, not sure how you can say its bad when you haven't even played the game.