The cutscene of Gears of war 3 maintains 60fps

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]I think the vast majority of people do care. IronBass

That's not what this and the other thread show.

You are wrong, they both show clearly that people do care. It just shows how much the hardware has aged and people are seeing the decay it is causing.
Reiko2K1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Reiko2K1
Member since 2004 • 1288 Posts

[QUOTE="CorbraMax"]

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"]lol and pc games can do twice that, during GAMEPLAY!!! lol this is the funniest thread in a whileTH1Sx1SxSPARTA

You can actuallyplay Gears 3 in 60fps using hardware motion interpolation (Motion Flow, Auto Motion Plus...etc)

Controller latency be damned though.

reread what i said lol

Motion Interpolation can work for PC or console if you can't afford real 60fps... Since you know, it's working on the same monitor...

You know what... I'll give you an example. I'll encode the gameplay footage to 60fps.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
You are wrong, they both show clearly that people do care. It just shows how much the hardware has aged and people are seeing the decay it is causing. Heil68
Wrong and wrong. Neither do people care, and the tech is perfectly fine : D Which is great, because we aren't getting new consoles anytime soon.
Reiko2K1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Reiko2K1

I encoded the gameplay section in 60fps.

So now everything is in 60fps (lol)

http://www.multiupload.com/J5D6L2JHTA

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Heil68
[QUOTE="Heil68"]You are wrong, they both show clearly that people do care. It just shows how much the hardware has aged and people are seeing the decay it is causing. IronBass
Wrong and wrong. Neither do people care, and the tech is perfectly fine : D Which is great, because we aren't getting new consoles anytime soon.

People care, I see it every day in SW's. That's depressing, the tech is 6 years and there's nothing fine about it. Well by fact, the 360 is already obsolete. But in terms of PC and PS3, the 360 is old hardware. The PC is extremely upgradable and you can pretty much do what ever you want with it. The Xbox does not have any thing new. A gaming PC now a days can wipe the floor with the 360. Games have gotten unbelievably more sophisticated and graphically impressive this generation, moreso than any previous generation. Year by year, graphics and amount of things on the screen keeps going up. I guess you just have to settle then when nothing else is available. *sigh*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-63f6895020e66

People care, I see it every day in SW's. Heil68

You see everyday threads and posts of people caring about frame rates of cutscenes? I post arguably as much as you, and I've never see them, so unless you can show me those threads and posts, I stay by what I say :]

That's depressing, the tech is 6 years and there's nothing fine about it. Well by fact, the 360 is already obsolete. But in terms of PC and PS3, the 360 is old hardware. The PC is extremely upgradable and you can pretty much do what ever you want with it. The Xbox does not have any thing new. A gaming PC now a days can wipe the floor with the 360. Games have gotten unbelievably more sophisticated and graphically impressive this generation, moreso than any previous generation. Year by year, graphics and amount of things on the screen keeps going up. I guess you just have to settle then when nothing else is available. *sigh*Heil68

That's up to the market to decide. The 360 and PS3 keep selling well (better than ever, actually), the software sales are great (better than ever, actually),and the developers and publisherskeep supporting themgreatly (more than ever, actually). All of which indicate a simple thing, the market considers them perfeclt fine.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"]People care, I see it every day in SW's. IronBass

You see everyday threads and posts of people caring about frame rates of cutscenes? I post arguably as much as you, and I've never see them, so unless you can show me those threads and posts, I stay by what I say :]

That's depressing, the tech is 6 years and there's nothing fine about it. Well by fact, the 360 is already obsolete. But in terms of PC and PS3, the 360 is old hardware. The PC is extremely upgradable and you can pretty much do what ever you want with it. The Xbox does not have any thing new. A gaming PC now a days can wipe the floor with the 360. Games have gotten unbelievably more sophisticated and graphically impressive this generation, moreso than any previous generation. Year by year, graphics and amount of things on the screen keeps going up. I guess you just have to settle then when nothing else is available. *sigh*Heil68

That's up to the market to decide. The 360 and PS3 keep selling well (better than ever, actually), the software sales are great (better than ever, actually),and the developers and publisherskeep supporting themgreatly (more than ever, actually). All of which indicate a simple thing, the market considers them perfeclt fine.

You don't see threads complaining about 360/PS3 games? A simple search can do that for you. If you need help, you can go to the help thread that Musicalmac has sticked. Fact is consoles dont have much shelf life, the history of video games has shown that. Sales are slumping and Nintendo has already launched a new handheld and getting ready for a new console next year. I wonder why. Edit-MS is rumored to be working on new console too, why would they do that now?? http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/05/10/rumor-microsoft-believed-to-announce-next-console-at-e3-2012/
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

Framerate makes next to no difference in a cutscene since you're not controlling it.

Films are 24fps, do you complain about them being a low framerate?

McStrongfast

Films would look a lot nicer at 60 frames. Or well, it would be more of a stylistic choice than with games, where a higher framerate is always preferable.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/james-cameron-urges-industry-use-173577

Glitchspot won't allow me to post links any longer, so you'll have to copypaste that one.

They would look unnatural and ruin the cinematic feel of movies and make them look like soap operas do not want that keep films at 24-30fps and people who want movies to look like soap operas buy a tv with motion flow technology and enable it and everyone is happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-63f6895020e66

You don't see threads complaining about 360/PS3 games? Heil68

The topic is about frame rates of cutscenes, that's what my "most people won't care" was about :!:

A simple search can do that for you. If you need help, you can go to the help thread that Musicalmac has sticked. Fact is consoles dont have much shelf life, the history of video games has shown that. Sales are slumping and Nintendo has already launched a new handheld and getting ready for a new console next year. I wonder why.Heil68

That's Nintendo, and that has happened for a lot reasons. And that's why we havethe WiiU coming out soon.The PS3 and 360 are doing fine, and they're staying some time with us : D

Edit-MS is rumored to be working on new console too, why would they do that now?? http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/05/10/rumor-microsoft-believed-to-announce-next-console-at-e3-2012/Heil68

Of course they're working on a new console (so is Sony). It's not like launching a console to the market is something console makers start doing one month before release, lol.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Heil68
That's Nintendo, and that has happened for a lot reasons. And that's why we havethe WiiU coming out soon.[QUOTE="Heil68"]Edit-MS is rumored to be working on new console too, why would they do that now?? http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/05/10/rumor-microsoft-believed-to-announce-next-console-at-e3-2012/IronBass
Of course they're working on a new console

So I was right, thank you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-63f6895020e66

So I was right, thank you.Heil68

MS and Sony working on new systems now is unrelated to your point, since going from "working on" to "launching" can take several years.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"]So I was right, thank you.IronBass

MS and Sony working on new systems now is unrelated to your point, since going from "working on" to "launching" can take several years.

It was totality my point, it's what I was talking about the whole time. I'm not sure were you're going with it all. My point stands.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-63f6895020e66

It was totality my point, it's what I was talking about the whole time. I'm not sure were you're going with it all. My point stands. Heil68

I fail to see how new systems being worked on now, to be released in years from now, somehow relates to the current state (hardware sales, software sales, and amount of games being made) of the PS3 and 360, which was the point your post was replying to.

If your point is that "new consoles are gonna be released someday", well, I'm afraid that doesn't even classify as "a point", since it's a bit too obvious (besides being unrelated to the post you were replying to).

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Wow Cutscenes....give me a break :lol:
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Heil68
[QUOTE="Heil68"]It was totality my point, it's what I was talking about the whole time. I'm not sure were you're going with it all. My point stands. IronBass
I fail to see how new systems being worked on now...

Well hat's the problem then. If you can't understand simple concepts that I've laid out in my previous post, it's no use wasting my time. It doesn't matter anyways, the 360 is already dead to me personally and has been for quite some time. I'm glad I don't have to rely on it for gaming.
krayzieE99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 krayzieE99
Member since 2010 • 544 Posts

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"]lol and pc games can do twice that, during GAMEPLAY!!! lol this is the funniest thread in a whileCorbraMax

You can actuallyplay Gears 3 in 60fps using hardware motion interpolation (Motion Flow, Auto Motion Plus...etc)

Controller latency be damned though.

the game is not running at 60fps, its the frame interpolation. the display is doing all the work, the game itself is still running at 30fps.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
its a cutscene...big deal.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#69 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Are we talking about the ugly intro cut scene? :lol:
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#70 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Cutscenes fps don't count, it's about the gameplay though the opening cinematic video was impressive.

Avatar image for FoolwithaLancer
FoolwithaLancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 FoolwithaLancer
Member since 2011 • 2020 Posts

Are we talking about the ugly intro cut scene? :lol:nutcrackr

No, we're talking abou the Gears 3 intro scene. :)

Crystal-Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Crystal-Rush
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

Framerate makes next to no difference in a cutscene since you're not controlling it.

Films are 24fps, do you complain about them being a low framerate?

DJ_Headshot

Films would look a lot nicer at 60 frames. Or well, it would be more of a stylistic choice than with games, where a higher framerate is always preferable.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/james-cameron-urges-industry-use-173577

Glitchspot won't allow me to post links any longer, so you'll have to copypaste that one.

They would look unnatural and ruin the cinematic feel of movies and make them look like soap operas do not want that keep films at 24-30fps and people who want movies to look like soap operas buy a tv with motion flow technology and enable it and everyone is happy

How would it look unnatural running movies in 60fps. If anything the current 24fps that movies use today is an unrealistic impression of how we perceive the real world with our own eyes. What you see in movies is not how it should look if you we're there in flesh and blood. whether you like it not, movie technology will progress beyond the 9 decade old tech. It's people like you who ruin progression for the rest of the developed world because your too stubborn to adapt.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts
Cutscene framerate? Really?
Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
Impressive for real time cutscenes but it's a cutscene. They should of crammed Crysis graphics and gotten an minimum of 25 FPS rather than have 60 FPS.
Reiko2K1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Reiko2K1

Impressive for real time cutscenes but it's a cutscene. They should of crammed Crysis graphics and gotten an minimum of 25 FPS rather than have 60 FPS.ocstew

The cutscenes dropped the object based motion blur to run like that. Maybe Turn 10 showed them some secrets in getting the cutscenes to run at 60fps?

Because the previous Gears cutscenes were generally not smooth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

People care, I see it every day in SW's. That's depressing, the tech is 6 years and there's nothing fine about it. Well by fact, the 360 is already obsolete. But in terms of PC and PS3, the 360 is old hardware. The PC is extremely upgradable and you can pretty much do what ever you want with it. The Xbox does not have any thing new. A gaming PC now a days can wipe the floor with the 360. Games have gotten unbelievably more sophisticated and graphically impressive this generation, moreso than any previous generation. Year by year, graphics and amount of things on the screen keeps going up. I guess you just have to settle then when nothing else is available. *sigh*Heil68
It's odd that I've just now really started taking notice of this. Was watching videos of Metro Last Light, Arma 2 and Battlefield 3, and then I played the SpaceMarine demo on 360. Man. The average console game really does look like it's a generation behind.

Suppose the very top tier can still look alright (see Uncharted 3 and Gears 3).

They would look unnatural and ruin the cinematic feel of movies and make them look like soap operas do not want that keep films at 24-30fps and people who want movies to look like soap operas buy a tv with motion flow technology and enable it and everyone is happyDJ_Headshot
You should read what James Cameron and Peter Jackson have to say.

Also, the highest framerate possible would best emulate reality, AKA what's natural. You're LPing all over this situation. But yes, it'll be a stylistic choice. Not all movies will be a good fit for a high framerate. And I think it's up to the people making the thing to decide what best suits their vision.

No, we're talking abou the Gears 3 intro scene. :)

FoolwithaLancer

If only the intro is 60fps then never mind anything I've said on that subject. Good that one cutscene looks extra nice I suppose, but indeed, that's too petty a thing to be boasting, or even just talking, about.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

that would require a massive overhaul of current systems aint gonna happen.

Films are perfectly fine at 24fps and will continue to be good sure there is some benefits i'll give it that but it requires tech thats established in an industry thats pretty much standardised to become fragmented the cinema companies wont like it nor would the movie companies themselves.

McStrongfast

Sure, like how games at 30FPS are fine.

I haven't read into the tech side of this much at all, but Cameron and Jackson state that most digital projectors will only require a firmware upgrade. Jackson says WB estimates 10,000 screens will be capable of projecting the film at 48 FPS by December 2012.

To my knowledge The Hobbit is the first movie to be projected at being projected at a high framerate.
http://www.facebook.com/notes/peter-jackson/48-frames-per-second/10150222861171558

Some cinema's still dont use Digital projection and still in the midst of being rolled out in some territories...its unfeasable right now.

Reiko2K1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Reiko2K1

Not only is the actual intro for Gears of War 3 not 60fps... It's blatant CGI...

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

Not only is the actual intro for Gears of War 3 not 60fps... It's blatant CGI...

CorbraMax

which are pre-rendered.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
[QUOTE="razgriz_101"] Some cinema's still dont use Digital projection and still in the midst of being rolled out in some territories...its unfeasable right now.

I'm not talking about right now, I'm talking about ~2013. The Hobbit will premiere at 48fps if the studio's prediction doesn't prove too optimistic.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Well whoop de do. Can't every cutscene in every game do that? I guaruntee it can't do that in gameplay.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#83 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
i dont understand console gamers. you go nuts over a 60fps cutscene, but when pc talks about a great mod coming out, we're elitists and annoying? double standard ftw.
Reiko2K1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Reiko2K1

Well whoop de do. Can't every cutscene in every game do that? I guaruntee it can't do that in gameplay.

789shadow

Nope. Because the framerate in Gears 1 & 2 cutscenes tend to hover below 30fps.