The company I work for just bought a bunch of Nintendo Labo kits

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: if you don't have any proof, don't say things you don't know.

Just like you said about labo, I'm saying about GOW to you: just because YOU think GOW is mediocre, doesn't mean everyone else has to. The user score on MC is sitting on 9.2 and these people weren't payed by Sony neither were offered a trip to Norway, they simply liked the game.

It's just better if you accept that a game can be high rated and you may not like it anyway, it happened to me and it's normal, but don't assume you're above people and know better just because you didn't like it.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@recloud said:

@Bread_or_Decide: if you don't have any proof, don't say things you don't know.

Just like you said about labo, I'm saying about GOW to you: just because YOU think GOW is mediocre, doesn't mean everyone else has to. The user score on MC is sitting on 9.2 and these people weren't payed by Sony neither were offered a trip to Norway, they simply liked the game.

It's just better if you accept that a game can be high rated and you may not like it anyway, it happened to me and it's normal, but don't assume you're above people and know better just because you didn't like it.

I can accept this.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Bread_or_Decide

@AzatiS said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@ni6htmare01 said:
@rafaelmsoares said:

It's an educational software where you build some gizmos out of cardboard to interact with the switch.... oh, and it costs 80 dollars.

WTF? Talk about Rip off

Uh huh, you know nothing about it and can now assess it's value from a lame description.

While we're at it, Sony is charging $59.99 for a dad baby sitting simulator where you sometimes hack at things.

Well... a dad simulator that got a 95 on metacritic, while the innovative, amazing, fun and rightfully priced cardboard has 69...

69 ! Cant be a coincidence.

In meanwhile Dad simulator of 95 MC and one of the best games of the generation will cost almost half of its original price in a month or two or a bit more and ... lets see LABOs price in the same timeframe. Then everyone wondering why Playstation brand is way and above all others.

Nintendo is synonym to milkage. Its proven over and over and over again then you have sheep left and right defending this. Insane !

You must not have lived during the PS3 era. Where Sony's brand was a total dumpster fire. Lousy third party ports. $600 console. Horrible online infrastructure. Allowing xbox to steal the show with the 360. Every company has their moment to shit the bed and their rise back to the top. Sony isn't above this cycle. In fact, chances are VERY high the PS5 will totally poop the bed.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@recloud said:

@Bread_or_Decide: I agree with you when you say things are not done with the hardcore crowd in mind and im.glad for that because these people barely spend money on games since they pick one game and stays with it forever.

But I must say Nintendo is the Apple of the gaming industry, it sees itself above the other companies and overprices everything. Labo is cool and all, but it's not worth the asking price.

I've been playing hardcore games all week and I already told my goddaughter we're going to be making the Labo together. Everything has its place. Nintendo and Apple do have a lot in common. Quality, polish, reliable. If you ask me, that's always worth paying for.

Btw PSVR is very expensive, and the PS4 isn't exactly bargain priced either. The games are 59.99 at launch. How is Sony any cheaper really?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

TC gets a star.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44247 Posts

Chuckling...

Couldn't resist. lol :P

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@AzatiS said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Uh huh, you know nothing about it and can now assess it's value from a lame description.

While we're at it, Sony is charging $59.99 for a dad baby sitting simulator where you sometimes hack at things.

Well... a dad simulator that got a 95 on metacritic, while the innovative, amazing, fun and rightfully priced cardboard has 69...

In meanwhile Dad simulator of 95 MC and one of the best games of the generation will cost almost half of its original price in a month or two or a bit more and ... lets see LABOs price in the same timeframe. Then everyone wondering why Playstation brand is way and above all others.

Nintendo is synonym to milkage. Its proven over and over and over again then you have sheep left and right defending this. Insane !

You must not have lived during the PS3 era. Where Sony's brand was a total dumpster fire. Lousy third party ports. $600 console. Horrible online infrastructure. Allowing xbox to steal the show with the 360. Every company has their moment to shit the bed and their rise back to the top. Sony isn't above this cycle. In fact, chances are VERY high the PS5 will totally poop the bed.

Ssssh. Dont panic.

When PS3 was offering some of the best games of last generation while SONY was in the verge of bankruptcy Wii was dead while Nintendo had one of the most profitable generations ever. Want me to remind you for how long Mario Galaxy and other AAA Wii titles costed full price ? lol. So please !!!

While Wii was getting dust in 120million houses PS3 was getting some of the best games of last generation. Thats Nintendo for you !

Also X360 end up selling lower than PS3 in the very end. Yes, the undeniably problematic abnd underwheling PS3 barely won, with all of its problems X360 couldnt make it to win such a product in the end... with a whole year more in the market as well. Whys that? Because Sony didnt let it go like .. Nintendo let Wii ...

Shhhh, relax. Deep inside you, you know what is happening.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Bread_or_Decide

@AzatiS said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@AzatiS said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Ssssh. Dont panic.

When PS3 was offering some of the best games of last generation while SONY was in the verge of bankruptcy Wii was dead while Nintendo had one of the most profitable generations ever. Want me to remind you for how long Mario Galaxy and other AAA Wii titles costed full price ? lol. So please !!!

While Wii was getting dust in 120million houses PS3 was getting some of the best games of last generation. Thats Nintendo for you !

Also X360 end up selling lower than PS3 in the very end. Yes, the undeniably problematic abnd underwheling PS3 barely won, with all of its problems X360 couldnt make it to win such a product in the end... with a whole year more in the market as well. Whys that? Because Sony didnt let it go like .. Nintendo let Wii ...

Oh, please, I championed the PS3 to the detriment of all. And there was nothing LESS popular than trying to convince people the first Uncharted, Resistance, and Warhawk was worth playing. Coming in for a save at the end doesn't negate what came before it.

Also, Nintendo has their select series for the poor gamer. But this continued argument that somehow 120 million sold is a loss, is hilarious.

Sony had to support the PS3, when you poop the bed for half the gen, you can afford nothing less. You can expect the last year of the PS4 to also be slim pickings as they move on to working on the PS5. It's normal, especially when you did well the current gen like the Wii.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Chuckling...

Holy crap I am dead!

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@AzatiS said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@AzatiS said:

Ssssh. Dont panic.

Oh, please, I championed the PS3 to the detriment of all. And there was nothing LESS popular than trying to convince people the first Uncharted, Resistance, and Warhawk was worth playing. Coming in for a save at the end doesn't negate what came before it.

Also, Nintendo has their select series for the poor gamer. But this continued argument that somehow 120 million sold is a loss, is hilarious.

Sony had to support the PS3, when you poop the bed for half the gen, you can afford nothing less. You can expect the last year of the PS4 to also be slim pickings as they move on to working on the PS5. It's normal, especially when you did well the current gen like the Wii.

But its the truth. SONY was under the biggest financial pressure any company can even dream to be in since day one of PS3s release up to its last year. They supported the system with all they got while being in loss for every PS3 sold for its first 5 years. PS3 was super problematic, overpriced, lacked games the first 2 years to push sales, lost exclusives to X360 as well.

I can go on and on with what kind of problems PS3 released. But still X360 couldnt win in the end, Wii dead way before PS3, and still you could see AAA caliber games like The last of us few months before PS4 release on the system. Thats why SONY is where they are.

I mean where was Wii when PS3 was offering title after title ? Dead... Whys that, i thought Sony was in a multibillion loss every year not Nintendo. Nintendo was the winner of that generation and Nintendo made humongous profits. While Sony had all the excuses in the world and all the reasons in the world to just let PS3 go or enter a life support even, since it was more losses for them for at least 5 years while it was struggling with it big time ... was Nintendo that did it when they had zero reasons to !! ROFL !!

Thats right there is Nintendo for you. Right there, the finnest example. Wii being in a serious life support then go to stores to see Mario Galaxy at full price !!!

As for X360, with ALL those PS3s negatives and Sony as a whole, with it being the leading multi platform, with it stole classic PS exclusives like Final Fantasy and Tekken to name few, with PS3 being overpriced, with it provide better price and exclusives for its first 2 years, with it being a whole year more in the market and all that ... COULDNT win !!! I mean, if they didnt win that generation vs the state SONY was in AND at the same time the myriad of problems PS3 had, theres no one in a million to win any other console war ever again except if theres no SONY to compete with.

Check PS4, for how long will provide AAA exclusive games, even new exclusive AAA IPs, and compare it to Wii U or X1. Wait Wii U is dead already lol. Ninteeeendo , the best.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

Chuckling...

The Nintendo HQ kit. Fair price.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11256 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

@BenjaminBanklin: I think the better question is why gamers are so afraid of Labo.

No one's afraid of Labo. It's just a dumb idea and a ripoff. Gamers should be playing video games, not building box forts.

That's the problem with gamers. They think everything is made for them. What part of Labo is STEM for kids and parents to make together don't you understand? Did someone advertise it to you? Does LABO say on the box, for the most hardcore of gamers? Did I miss that part?

Should things not exist because they aren't for you? It's dumb to YOU, not to everyone else. And believe it or not, your reality is not everyone else's. No one has to conform to what you think or how you see things.

Selling gamers cardboard is dumb, and it's apparently not taking off like it seems so the market is reacting correctly. No video game company should be selling people cardboard. Do you know how absurd that sounds? And I keep hearing this "it's for the kids" crap when I see nothing but adults buying them. Nintendo Labo is going to come and go and you're going to feel bad that you ever defended it. Though, I'm not sure how you're numbing the shame now.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BenjaminBanklin
@Ant_17 said:

Hope no one at your job is dumb as this.

Oh it was no mistake.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BenjaminBanklin
@SecretPolice said:

Chuckling...

HAHA! They should change the name from LABO to LMBO.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

WTF this is for kids why are people taking the piss? You don't like it you don't buy it simple as that. Cows forgot the PS dildo?

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Bread_or_Decide

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

@BenjaminBanklin: I think the better question is why gamers are so afraid of Labo.

No one's afraid of Labo. It's just a dumb idea and a ripoff. Gamers should be playing video games, not building box forts.

That's the problem with gamers. They think everything is made for them. What part of Labo is STEM for kids and parents to make together don't you understand? Did someone advertise it to you? Does LABO say on the box, for the most hardcore of gamers? Did I miss that part?

Should things not exist because they aren't for you? It's dumb to YOU, not to everyone else. And believe it or not, your reality is not everyone else's. No one has to conform to what you think or how you see things.

Selling gamers cardboard is dumb, and it's apparently not taking off like it seems so the market is reacting correctly. No video game company should be selling people cardboard. Do you know how absurd that sounds? And I keep hearing this "it's for the kids" crap when I see nothing but adults buying them. Nintendo Labo is going to come and go and you're going to feel bad that you ever defended it. Though, I'm not sure how you're numbing the shame now.

It's good then that Labo isn't just cardboard. Phew. It's not like it's peripherals you construct and then use to play the software with. That doesn't exist at all. Your "its just cardboard" insult doesn't get any more right just because you repeat it. Although you can keep on repeating it, that won't make it true. I have zero shame, you're the one that seems to have issues with what you play somehow reflecting who you are as a person. Which I would see a therapist about if I were you.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 BenjaminBanklin
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

It's good then that Labo isn't just cardboard. Phew. It's not like it's peripherals you construct and then use to play the software with. That doesn't exist at all. Your "its just cardboard" insult doesn't get any more right just because you repeat it. Although you can keep on repeating it, that won't make it true. I have zero shame, you're the one that seems to have issues with what you play somehow reflecting who you are as a person. Which I would see a therapist about if I were you.

CARDBOARD! CARDBOARD! CARDBOARD! BoD's defending cardboard!

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Bread_or_Decide

@PCgameruk said:

WTF this is for kids why are people taking the piss? You don't like it you don't buy it simple as that. Cows forgot the PS dildo?

System wars....what can you do? Hell, I think PSVR is ten times more worthless than LABO. That's IMHO of course.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Bread_or_Decide

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

CARDBOARD! CARDBOARD! CARDBOARD! BoD's defending cardboard!

Loading Video...

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

no those are VR headsets

thread will soonish be locked?

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#71 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

You got those carboards from the trashbin.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1925 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@recloud said:

@Bread_or_Decide: again, do you have any proof to support your thesis?

I have proof that big sites were Norwayed.

Small sites no.

Critics always get too hyped when they get taken to things. Like MGSV and the infamous Konami boot camp. After 40 hours how could they know the rest of the game was a slog.

99% of the time I tend to enjoy the games that score a 9. GOW baffles me at times. I've taken a break from it to play south park and the end is nigh, I don't even miss it. :/

I never liked it. I don't like Labo either, but given the choice between Labo and God of War, I'd pick Labo. At least it isn't offensive or disgusting; I'm sorry but that sex game in God of War turned me off God of War forever. Then it has no playable women or men that are feminine and pretty. Add in that Kratos is ugly as sin and stupid, and I just don't enjoy it.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1925 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@AzatiS said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

WTF? Talk about Rip off

Now this I don't agree with... I think Sony learned their lesson from the PS3 not to pull anything like that again. They have an easy formula to follow. Make a traditional console, backwards compatibility, price it appropriately, and secure more exclusives.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

Chuckling...

?????????????

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

Chuckling...

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3107 Posts

@luxuryheart said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@AzatiS said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Now this I don't agree with... I think Sony learned their lesson from the PS3 not to pull anything like that again. They have an easy formula to follow. Make a traditional console, backwards compatibility, price it appropriately, and secure more exclusives.

This is what worries me. It seems all too common for Japanese companies to become complacent when they're on top. We clearly saw it with PS3 and Wii U, so I wouldn't put it past them. These companies seem to do best when their feet are to the fire, but here's to hoping you're right.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#77 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34749 Posts

The best and most original joke ever made.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

The saddest thing about this is most of the people buying it are 40 year old fanboys buying it for themselves. No kid is going to ask their parents for cardboard in the era of Twitter.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@mandzilla said:
@SecretPolice said:

Chuckling...

LOL! I'm fucking crying! Every weirdo that bought this shit needs to logout from SW forever! ?

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Bu-Bu-But God of War is not a 9 because I don't like it!

You're a joke.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

@Litchie said:

The best and most original joke ever made.

Thanks, I really outdid myself this time.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 rafaelmsoares

@needhealing said:

You got those carboards from the trashbin.

So... I did the same as Nintendo. The difference is that they were smart enough to sell them at 80 dollars a pop.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Hahaha nice! XD

Now make a playable piano out of it.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By rafaelmsoares

@m_machine024 said:

Hahaha nice! XD

Now make a playable piano out of it.

Nah, I'd rather buy an actual one for 20 dollars less.

https://www.amazon.com/Casio-SA76-mini-Sized-Tones/dp/B00416WHV4/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1525288089&sr=1-3&keywords=casio+keyboard