The Assassin's Creed series on PC or console...HELP

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

Recently I bought a new PC and I'm loving it but...since AC III is coming out I am having a problem. I own the current games of AC on my PS 3 but I'm thinking of buying AC III on the PC and just connecting my X360 controller to play it.

So, how bigh is the graphical improvement from PS 3 to PC and is it worth waiting 1 month for it?

homeboylizard
Brotherhood looked a lot better than the console version. I'm going to wait.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#52 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

No, Ubisoft completely dropped AO-DRM from future games, there was an article about it recently...

Also, AC 2 was the only game that had it, Brotherhood and Revelation had just a normal activation, no permanent on-line required during SP...

BTW, I agree with the poster above, I find the m+kb controls perfectly fine in AC games...

Rocker6

When I played Assassin's Creed II, I found it hard to control the game with a keyboard/mouse. Same as the Prince of Persia games, actually. Might just be me though.

Nah, many people can't stand m+kb in AC games, and I can understand why...

I'm the minority here, for actually liking them! :P

Lol, yeah, it just doesn't jive well with me :P But I'm glad they dropped the DRM entirely. I knew Origins was a completely DRM free release on PC, I thought it was a one time thing to win back some goodwill, good to see it's permanent.
padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

I'm going to wait, but mostly because the the console version is very expensive here, while the the PC version I can buy from steam.
I played Brotherhood on the PC and I though the improvements were minimal.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Are you a huge fan of the franchise. Get it on PS3 then. I can't imagine say, hyping up Avatar and waiting a month because one cinema was showing it better.

Plus, you could just pick it up on the inevitable Steam sales.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
PC version looks much better
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts

Are you a huge fan of the franchise. Get it on PS3 then. I can't imagine say, hyping up Avatar and waiting a month because one cinema was showing it better.

OB-47
Agreed, I did this with Max Payne 3 and the PC port was sufficiently good for me to enjoy playing it a second time on PC, it's just higher quality audio and visuals but I found that was enough to make it feel different the second time around(well that and using m+kb). For me personally it depends on the game, for instance I consider games like Saints Row: The Third to be very enjoyable but I wouldn't say they're "must play" games, in the sense that you can pick them up and play anytime and find the same value in them whereas a game like say Mass Effect 3 has a huge value in playing the game on launch when everyone else is playing it, especially if you're someone who likes to discuss games like it on release, on scifi forums for instance at launch it was responsible for more than half of all gaming related posts for at least the first week.
Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys...going with the PC version because of the superior visuals I can get when I max it out on 50-60 fps (Gtx 570+8g Ram). The DRM removal is going to be really nice seeeing storm season is coming here (meaning bad-none internet connection).

As for the 1 hour of extra gameplay on PS 3...I'm just going to watch it on youtube like everybody else.

The only downside for me is that I need to restrict myself from typing AC 3 in google for 3 weeks...not gonna spoil it like I spoiled Revelations for me.

homeboylizard

The man has mad his choice,no point in keeping this going. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

Zubinen

Agreed, I did this with Max Payne 3 and the PC port was sufficiently good for me to enjoy playing it a second time on PC, it's just higher quality audio and visuals but I found that was enough to make it feel different the second time around(well that and using m+kb). For me personally it depends on the game, for instance I consider games like Saints Row: The Third to be very enjoyable but I wouldn't say they're "must play" games, in the sense that you can pick them up and play anytime and find the same value in them whereas a game like say Mass Effect 3 has a huge value in playing the game on launch when everyone else is playing it, especially if you're someone who likes to discuss games like it on release, on scifi forums for instance at launch it was responsible for more than half of all gaming related posts for at least the first week.

Yep. You get it.

Essentially if the game is an event like AC3 is, you get it ASAP. If it's something that's a good game but not much of an event, waiting for the PC version is fine.

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

[QUOTE="homeboylizard"]

Thanks for the feedback guys...going with the PC version because of the superior visuals I can get when I max it out on 50-60 fps (Gtx 570+8g Ram). The DRM removal is going to be really nice seeeing storm season is coming here (meaning bad-none internet connection).

As for the 1 hour of extra gameplay on PS 3...I'm just going to watch it on youtube like everybody else.

The only downside for me is that I need to restrict myself from typing AC 3 in google for 3 weeks...not gonna spoil it like I spoiled Revelations for me.

Nanomage

The man has mad his choice,no point in keeping this going. :P

No, no! Let the PC fans win this battle! This is good reading material!
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

[QUOTE="Zubinen"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

OB-47

Yep. You get it.

Essentially if the game is an event like AC3 is, you get it ASAP. If it's something that's a good game but not much of an event, waiting for the PC version is fine.

Spending money just to keep up on pop culture and "popular" topics just to have discussions? That's kind of sad.

I actually enjoy when people ask me about some popular movie like Avatar or Taken 2, so I can tell them how bad it looks. The trailers didn't look very good, and I haven't seen Taken 2, but Avatar was fairly mediocre as a movie - I also waited until it was on dvd to watch it.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

Yep. You get it.

sts106mat

Spending money just to keep up on pop culture and "popular" topics just to have discussions? That's kind of sad.

I actually enjoy when people ask me about some popular movie like Avatar or Taken 2, so I can tell them how bad it looks. The trailers didn't look very good, and I haven't seen Taken 2, but Avatar was fairly mediocre as a movie - I also waited until it was on dvd to watch it.

huh, avatar in 3D on an enormous IMAX screen was anything but mediocre, it was like actually being there at times. i've watched on dvd since and its an average at best experience.

I'm not talking about "being there." I'm talking about the cliche story, the subpar acting, the one dimensional characters. It was a beautiful tragedy, that's all it was.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#64 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

[QUOTE="Zubinen"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

OB-47

Yep. You get it.

Well, there's that. And then there's the fact that Assassin's Creed is a bother on PC. Ubisoft and its Nazi DRM just suck major sweaty nuts.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 FrozenLiquid

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] huh, avatar in 3D on an enormous IMAX screen was anything but mediocre, it was like actually being there at times. i've watched on dvd since and its an average at best experience.sts106mat

I'm not talking about "being there." I'm talking about the cliche story, the subpar acting, the one dimensional characters. It was a beautiful tragedy, that's all it was.

i agree with that, i have watched it twice and have no desire to see it again, watched prometheus again last night though, i reckon i could watch that again in a few weeks, i normally only watch movies once or twice.

with the exception of the usuals like BTTF, LOTR, Star Wars, predator aliens and perhaps a few other big ones. I have watched The Prestige about 10 time (still not tired of it) and Big L Lebowski about 6 times. 99% of the movies I watch are one watch and done.

That's better than what I can manage. I fall asleep even watching movies for the first time. And I go to the cinema every other week to watch the same movie coz I've always got different friends who want to go see it. It's actually a f*cking joke coz I make damn movies for a living, and I just can't stand watching them lol. The only movies I've watched more than once, and even did not fall asleep to, are movies by Michael Mann. Everything else can suck d*ck, except the Lion King :)
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 FrozenLiquid
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="sts106mat"]i agree with that, i have watched it twice and have no desire to see it again, watched prometheus again last night though, i reckon i could watch that again in a few weeks, i normally only watch movies once or twice.

with the exception of the usuals like BTTF, LOTR, Star Wars, predator aliens and perhaps a few other big ones. I have watched The Prestige about 10 time (still not tired of it) and Big L Lebowski about 6 times. 99% of the movies I watch are one watch and done.

sts106mat
That's better than what I can manage. I fall asleep even watching movies for the first time. And I go to the cinema every other week to watch the same movie coz I've always got different friends who want to go see it. It's actually a f*cking joke coz I make damn movies for a living, and I just can't stand watching them lol. The only movies I've watched more than once, and even did not fall asleep to, are movies by Michael Mann. Everything else can suck d*ck, except the Lion King :)

hahaha, that is one crazy sounding post dude, you should read it back to yourself and think how it looks from somebody who doesn't know you in real life.

Hahaha so true. Well it's 1.30am, just came back from a film shoot over an hour ago, my brain's fried and emotions are high. The things the industry can do to you :lol:
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="Zubinen"] Agreed, I did this with Max Payne 3 and the PC port was sufficiently good for me to enjoy playing it a second time on PC, it's just higher quality audio and visuals but I found that was enough to make it feel different the second time around(well that and using m+kb). For me personally it depends on the game, for instance I consider games like Saints Row: The Third to be very enjoyable but I wouldn't say they're "must play" games, in the sense that you can pick them up and play anytime and find the same value in them whereas a game like say Mass Effect 3 has a huge value in playing the game on launch when everyone else is playing it, especially if you're someone who likes to discuss games like it on release, on scifi forums for instance at launch it was responsible for more than half of all gaming related posts for at least the first week.FrozenLiquid

Yep. You get it.

Well, there's that. And then there's the fact that Assassin's Creed is a bother on PC. Ubisoft and its Nazi DRM just suck major sweaty nuts.

Ubisoft already ditched the drm they had,AC3 won´t have any of that,so that point is moot now.

Besides,the TC already said he´s gonna get the PC version anyway.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
The series looks and performs quite a bit better on a PC. However, AC isn't a very moddable series, and not a game I'd personally play with kb/m. Considering there's a short delay I could see someone who's really excited AND has nothing currently to play buying it on consoles.