The Assassin's Creed series on PC or console...HELP

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

Recently I bought a new PC and I'm loving it but...since AC III is coming out I am having a problem. I own the current games of AC on my PS 3 but I'm thinking of buying AC III on the PC and just connecting my X360 controller to play it.

So, how bigh is the graphical improvement from PS 3 to PC and is it worth waiting 1 month for it?

IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
It is significant but I wouldnt wait one month for it.
madmenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 madmenno
Member since 2004 • 1528 Posts
I would say none :D. But the graphics on PC have always been significantly better.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

get both, PC & PS3.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

How high is the graphical improvement from PS3 to PC... VERY HIGH! I can see a huge difference. I would get it on PC.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GamerwillzPS

It is significant but I wouldnt wait one month for it.IAmNot_fun

You can't wait for a month? :?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"]It is significant but I wouldnt wait one month for it.GamerwillzPS

Normally, I would, but this is one of my favourite franchises, I would buy it on the platform that will have me playing it as soon as possible. Then if I ever want a PC version, I will just wait for the sale on Steam. Also, it's an Ubisoft game, which means the PC version will have some f*cked up thing about it. And all my other AC games are on PS3, so I'm gonna keep that same with AC3 as well.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"]It is significant but I wouldnt wait one month for it.funsohng

Normally, I would, but this is one of my favourite franchises, I would buy it on the platform that will have me playing it as soon as possible. Then if I ever want a PC version, I will just wait for the sale on Steam. Also, it's an Ubisoft game, which means the PC version will have some f*cked up thing about it. And all my other AC games are on PS3, so I'm gonna keep that same with AC3 as well.

I've heard that Ubisoft have scrapped their DRM and implemented a system where you'll only need to give it a single click with product key entered, then you'll never have to see any crap again.

That's good news for PC gamers. If AC3 has DRM, that would seriously put me off.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
Get it for your Ps3 if you really want to play it.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GamerwillzPS

Get it for your Ps3 if you really want to play it.freedomfreak

Get it on PS3 and enjoy the 25fps and jaggie fest. Get it on PC, and you'd be in heaven.

Good things happen to those who wait. ;)

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#11 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

If you played all of the previous ones on the PS3 then it´s only natural to play this one there as well.

That said,waiting three weeks for the PC version is really nothing,especially since you´re probably gonna end up getting the best version of the game by going with that one.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Get it for your Ps3 if you really want to play it.GamerwillzPS

Get it on PS3 and enjoy the 25fps and jaggie fest. Get it on PC, and you'd be in heaven.

Pft.. The improved graphics are a nice bonus, but not worth waiting for if I really wanted to play it.
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

So, how bigh is the graphical improvement from PS 3 to PC and is it worth waiting 1 month for it?

homeboylizard

how serious this question is? of course the pc version look alot better 2 or 4 times the bigger rez, max settings, 60fps, etc

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Get it for your Ps3 if you really want to play it.freedomfreak

Pft.. The improved graphics are a nice bonus, but not worth waiting for if I really wanted to play it.

I'd rather to wait, to be honest. I mean why rush? Just play other games or whatever while you wait for the superior version. No point rushing in your life. Just relax.

If GTA 5 is coming to PC in 2 months after consoles, I'd wait.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22794 Posts

get both, PC & PS3.

Cheleman
I never understood this.... why do folks get the same game twice?
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 funsohng

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

I've heard that Ubisoft have scrapped their DRM and implemented a system where you'll only need to give it a single click with product key entered, then you'll never have to see any crap again.

That's good news for PC gamers. If AC3 has DRM, that would seriously put me off.

I don't really believe what Ubisoft says about PC versions of its game until I actually see it myself.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Get it for your Ps3 if you really want to play it.freedomfreak

Smoother framerates are nice
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funsohng

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Get it for your Ps3 if you really want to play it.GamerwillzPS

It's not that bad -_- PS3 version of AC games are perfectly playable now.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

If you're really in a rush to play it, then get it on consoles...

But if waiting for a month is not a problem, go for the PC version, it'll be well worth it, and you'll get a much more pleasant experience!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

I'd rather to wait, to be honest. I mean why rush? Just play other games or whatever while you wait for the superior version. No point rushing in your life. Just relax.

It's not about rushing, it's about being excited for a game and finally getting to play it.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 freedomfreak

kraken2109

Better graphics are nice. But not everybody thinks it's worth waiting for.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Pft.. The improved graphics are a nice bonus, but not worth waiting for if I really wanted to play it.freedomfreak

Better graphics are nice. But not everybody with low standards thinks it's worth waiting for.

Fixed. :P

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="kraken2109"] Smoother framerates are niceGamerwillzPS

Better graphics are nice. But not everybody with low standards thinks it's worth waiting for.

Fixed. :P

Dem silly peasants.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

get both, PC & PS3.

TheEroica

I never understood this.... why do folks get the same game twice?

because of the exclusive content, duh:P

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Vaasman  Online
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

Ubisoft is removing their always online DRM so I would say go with the PC version, unless you don't have a gamepad or reasonable specs or something.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

If the only reason you consider the PS3 version is to complete your collection then think about this. Will you even be playing the PS3 1 or 2 years from now? Will the PS4 be backwards compatible with those games? The PC will. You can probably find somewhere to buy all of the previous games for the PC for the price it would cost you to buy just Revelations on console.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 funsohng

GamerwillzPS

GTA5 is different. modders mod the hell out of GTA games. It's actually worth the wait. But AC? Who mods AC? And it also has a continuous storyline that ends in AC3. Trying to play it as soon as you can is a perfectly fine reason to get it on PS3 in this case.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

I hate that Ubisoft has decided to delay the PC version. It makes no financial sense for them. The consolites aren't going to pick up the pirated version isntead of the crappy console version, so fear of piracy affecting the console side of their sales is stupid and irrational. And the PC market would be happier which usually translates to more sales. And on a market that is mostly digital that means MORe money for them. Every PC digital sales equals to TWO console retail sales. Move a couple of million units on PC in a year and you make as much money as some fo the bigger game son console that sell 4+ million.

Make sno sense.

On the other hand they are getting rid of their stupid DRM and actually makign an effort to make the PC version even better than AC2 PC vs AC2 console. So that's good.

At the same time, there are so many god damn games out, that I don't mind waiting, because honestly I'ms till too busy playing Xcom, Borederlands 2, torchlight2, Dishonored. Too many games! This extra month is actually perfect.

To the OP, the graphics, SPECIALLY in this type of open world game are hugely improtant to the atmosphere and immersion of the game. IT's not just abotu the jaggies, the low res textures, the screen tearing (specially on PS3), the low frame rate, it's also a lot about the view distances and higher quality 3D meshes.

They SELL the entire world to you. On console you look at the distance and all you see is an EMPTY, low rez toy box. On PC you can see people far into the distance, making the city feel a lot more alive. Details of the intricate architecture can be seen far into the distance as well. It's one of the things that sets the AC games apart from others. And it's only on PC that you can really appreciate it.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

It depends of your PC...

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9873 Posts
I played AC1-AC:B on Ps3 and AC:R maxed out on PC. The biggest difference is that the AC:R felt a lot more crisp, with better draw distance. It's def nocieable, but only you can tell how much it matters to you. Control-vise I prefer a gamepad (which you allready have for ur PC). Mainly because in many of the platforming segments they lock the camera, making the more precise camera control of the mouse pretty useless. Personally I'm going to wait the three weeks even though the Ps3 version has an extra hour of free content.
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
Everything is superior on PC.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rocker6

To the OP, the graphics, SPECIALLY in this type of open world game are hugely improtant to the atmosphere and immersion of the game. IT's not just abotu the jaggies, the low res textures, the screen tearing (specially on PS3), the low frame rate, it's also a lot about the view distances and higher quality 3D meshes.

They SELL the entire world to you. On console you look at the distance and all you see is an EMPTY, low rez toy box. On PC you can see people far into the distance, making the city feel a lot more alive. Details of the intricate architecture can be seen far into the distance as well. It's one of the things that sets the AC games apart from others. And it's only on PC that you can really appreciate it.

Kinthalis

+1

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sushiglutton  Online

I hate that Ubisoft has decided to delay the PC version. It makes no financial sense for them. The consolites aren't going to pick up the pirated version isntead of the crappy console version, so fear of piracy affecting the console side of their sales is stupid and irrational. And the PC market would be happier which usually translates to more sales. And on a market that is mostly digital that means MORe money for them. Every PC digital sales equals to TWO console retail sales. Move a couple of million units on PC in a year and you make as much money as some fo the bigger game son console that sell 4+ million.

Kinthalis

We don't no what kind of deals companies like Ubi has with Sony and retailers like Gamestop. Since they are selling such huge quantities my guess is that they are getting a pretty significant discount. Also their platform/retailer exclusive content means Sony/Gamestop will get even less from each sale. To me, based on their actions, it seems like Ubi actually prefer to sell a copy on consoles. Anyway we don't have the data to know for sure.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
The graphics are improved and the field of view and draw distance is a HUGE PLUS on PC. Also, Assassin's Creed games support Eyefinity/Surround and that is another big thing for me. Three week wait is nothing and I already rebought the collection on PC for cheap (expect AC2). So wait it is for me.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

Sushiglutton
We don't no what kind of deals companies like Ubi has with Sony and retailers like Gamestop. Since they are selling such huge quantities my guess is that they are getting a pretty significant discount. Also their platform/retailer exclusive content means Sony/Gamestop will get even less from each sale. To me, based on their actions, it seems like they prefer to sell a copy on consoles. Anyway we don't have the data to know for sure.

The reason they do this is because Ubisoft development studios usually focus their attention on console games. They don't fully move on to making the PC version until the console version has a master copy. So Ubisoft has 5 weeks or maybe 4 weeks to finish off porting the game on PC. Maybe their refreshed engine will make it easier.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sushiglutton  Online
[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

ShadowDeathX
We don't no what kind of deals companies like Ubi has with Sony and retailers like Gamestop. Since they are selling such huge quantities my guess is that they are getting a pretty significant discount. Also their platform/retailer exclusive content means Sony/Gamestop will get even less from each sale. To me, based on their actions, it seems like they prefer to sell a copy on consoles. Anyway we don't have the data to know for sure.

The reason they do this is because Ubisoft development studios usually focus their attention on console games. They don't fully move on to making the PC version until the console version has a master copy. So Ubisoft has 5 weeks or maybe 4 weeks to finish off porting the game on PC. Maybe their refreshed engine will make it easier.

Wasn't the version they showed at E3 the PC-version though? I think it has more to do with piracy concerns, or some other type of console bias. Don't know, but at least the time gap is shrinking :).
homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys...going with the PC version because of the superior visuals I can get when I max it out on 50-60 fps (Gtx 570+8g Ram). The DRM removal is going to be really nice seeeing storm season is coming here (meaning bad-none internet connection).

As for the 1 hour of extra gameplay on PS 3...I'm just going to watch it on youtube like everybody else.

The only downside for me is that I need to restrict myself from typing AC 3 in google for 3 weeks...not gonna spoil it like I spoiled Revelations for me.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts
It is significant but I wouldnt wait one month for it.IAmNot_fun
In 10 years time you will still be able to play it on PC. Consoles can't be so sure. Plus its cheaper on PC, a month is nothing if your not desperate to play it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#39 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
I'd just get them on consoles. There are multiple problems with trying to play them on PCs, from the controls that are unsuited to keyboard.mouse (although they do support controllers, so there's that), to Ubisoft's stupid DRM on the first two games. Assassin's Creed is just one of those few multiplats that isn't better on PC.
arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

PC every time. Better graphics, higher frame rate, and easier to find at a cheaper price.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]I'd just get them on consoles. There are multiple problems with trying to play them on PCs, from the controls that are unsuited to keyboard.mouse (although they do support controllers, so there's that), to Ubisoft's stupid DRM on the first two games. Assassin's Creed is just one of those few multiplats that isn't better on PC.

I played the multiplayer for Brotherhood just fine with kb + mouse just like with Batman: Arkham City, I have multiple controllers as well as arcade sticks that work on the PC but I played ACR with kb+mouse for both SP and MP, I like having direct and instantaneous control of turning in 3D games. As for ACIII the PC version will support DX11 and there is a dedicated team making the PC version this time.
Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts

Will the PC version of AC3 have forced 16:9 like the last games? Hopefully they fixed it with the new engine

mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
If you own a PS3 or 360 or plan to buy a WiiU, get it for those. PC version of revelations was OK but the AC games have always been console or rather controller-centric games. If you don't mind playing with a controller on PC then it's OK. Keyboard and Mouse controls are horrible for the AC series.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

It's funny when pwople ask questions on here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="Zubinen"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]I'd just get them on consoles. There are multiple problems with trying to play them on PCs, from the controls that are unsuited to keyboard.mouse (although they do support controllers, so there's that), to Ubisoft's stupid DRM on the first two games. Assassin's Creed is just one of those few multiplats that isn't better on PC.

I played the multiplayer for Brotherhood just fine with kb + mouse just like with Batman: Arkham City, I have multiple controllers as well as arcade sticks that work on the PC but I played ACR with kb+mouse for both SP and MP, I like having direct and instantaneous control of turning in 3D games. As for ACIII the PC version will support DX11 and there is a dedicated team making the PC version this time.

I was unaware of that :) Will it have the always online DRM requirement?
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Zubinen"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]I'd just get them on consoles. There are multiple problems with trying to play them on PCs, from the controls that are unsuited to keyboard.mouse (although they do support controllers, so there's that), to Ubisoft's stupid DRM on the first two games. Assassin's Creed is just one of those few multiplats that isn't better on PC.charizard1605

No, Ubisoft completely dropped AO-DRM from their future games, there was an article about it recently. Here..

Also, AC 2 was the only game that had it, Brotherhood and Revelation had just a normal activation, no permanent on-line required during SP...

BTW, I agree with the poster above, I find the m+kb controls perfectly fine in AC games...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Zubinen"] I played the multiplayer for Brotherhood just fine with kb + mouse just like with Batman: Arkham City, I have multiple controllers as well as arcade sticks that work on the PC but I played ACR with kb+mouse for both SP and MP, I like having direct and instantaneous control of turning in 3D games. As for ACIII the PC version will support DX11 and there is a dedicated team making the PC version this time.Rocker6

No, Ubisoft completely dropped AO-DRM from future games, there was an article about it recently...

Also, AC 2 was the only game that had it, Brotherhood and Revelation had just a normal activation, no permanent on-line required during SP...

BTW, I agree with the poster above, I find the m+kb controls perfectly fine in AC games...

When I played Assassin's Creed II, I found it hard to control the game with a keyboard/mouse. Same as the Prince of Persia games, actually. Might just be me though.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
If you like a ton of screen tearing and frame-rate drops pick up the ps3 version.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] I was unaware of that :) Will it have the always online DRM requirement?charizard1605

No, Ubisoft completely dropped AO-DRM from future games, there was an article about it recently...

When I played Assassin's Creed II, I found it hard to control the game with a keyboard/mouse. Same as the Prince of Persia games, actually. Might just be me though.

Nah, many people can't stand m+kb in AC games, and I can understand why...

I'm the minority here, for actually liking them! :P