The Amazing Line-up of PC Games - 2012

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="HaloinventedFPS"]

here is the Xbox 360 list

thats about it

R4gn4r0k

Just shows how much PC gaming needs Microsoft.

C'mon now, MS got us by the balls with Windows you know. :lol: Then, there's DX to boot.

Priapus101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Priapus101
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

add Black mesa Source...

HaloinventedFPS

We can only hope.

Sick PC line up. Definitely looking better than 2011 IMO.

D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

This is the reason I'm proud to be a PC gamer, the sheer amount of choice available to me.

Can anyone confirm Theif 4 is this year? If it is, 2012 is going to be a fine end of the planet.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?t=9883

have a good read

HaloinventedFPS

I had a feeling it was because of people complaining when info was posted and such. Well whatever it a mod, so what they're are doing now can be let by.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

It's Path OF Exile, not Path TO Exile ;). Great list though. Gotta check some of these out. I cannot wait for Darksiders II and Kingdoms of Amalur.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

My god

So many old school games.

Jagged Alliance!

Shadowrun

THIEF! omg

I can't believe they're still making Leisure Suit Larry games, I've been playing those since grade school.

"Tactical Intervention" sounds alot like SWAT series

Whats up with all the "online" games?

F*cking MMO's?

Mechwarrior "online"

You know what game they need to do.

Elite/Privateer. It needs a remake.

And they need to bring the SWAT series back.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
There simply isn't enough time in the world to play all of the strategy games I want. I made the mistake of turning on Civ 5 at 9 pm on Friday. I didn't sleep unitl Sunday. Still waiting for the price to come down on SCII!
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Oh I notice Dear Esther finally has a release date and price. Marking Feb 14th down, but for $10 I hope it going to be a lot more longer then the mod.

Wanderer5

Great to know :D

Yeah I glad there finally been a update on that. I just wonder how much more content this remake has over the mod through, because the mod was like around 30 mins to go through.

The mod was longer but you could take shortcuts and miss some of the views/dialogue.

They improved upon that. But I too hope it's a bit longer than the mod though.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 R4gn4r0k

LazySloth718

It's made by the person who made Counter-Strike

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#60 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Did you take this from PC gamer's article? Anyway I was surprised to know ORC and DMC were coming to PC.. talk about stealth announcements. Strike Suit Zero also sounds interesting and X3 Reborn looks pretty amazing. Then we got the more well known stuff like diablo 3, GW2 and Dota 2, looks like PC will be having a good year.

GD1551

No. The list was inspired by Adrian Werner's blog: www.pcgamingfan.com

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 R4gn4r0k

C'mon now, MS got us by the balls with Windows you know. :lol: Then, there's DX to boot.

jun_aka_pekto

But Microsoft was so confident that when they made games like Alan Wake and developers like Epic exclusive to 360 that PC gamers would run out in masses and buy 360s. Look how strong PC gaming is without them (I see only one MS published title on there: MS Flight, could be wrong). We don't need them.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 R4gn4r0k

One dissapointment on the list though: Another Dirt game ?:(

Would've like Grid 2 much more.

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
*bookmarks thread* I'll be coming back to this later this year when I'm looking for something to play.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#64 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Great thread. There are 900 people excited about more Red Orchestra lol! Also, is that Contagion thing anything to do with the movie?! :(
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
Great thread. There are 900 people excited about more Red Orchestra lol! Also, is that Contagion thing anything to do with the movie?! :( biggest_loser
I did not like that movie.
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#66 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Not sure if anyone mentioned here but The next Rainbow Six is in 2013 if I can remember it good. Also i'm very interested in Fallout online.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

can't say i'm impressed by pc only line up.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Harisemo

I'm not either, I'm more impressed with games like Catherine (rumour but PC gamer thinks it's credible enough), DMC and ORC coming out. Though I'm looking forward to quite a few of the PC exclusives.

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

Harisemo

enjoy Halo 4 by Bungies left overs

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#70 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Great list! :D

Some games I don't really think are amazing and will probably be pretty bad but otherwise, nice list. :)

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

My god

So many old school games.

Jagged Alliance!

Shadowrun

THIEF! omg

I can't believe they're still making Leisure Suit Larry games, I've been playing those since grade school.

Whats up with all the "online" games?

F*cking MMO's?

Mechwarrior "online"

You know what game they need to do.

Elite/Privateer. It needs a remake.

And they need to bring the SWAT series back.

LazySloth718

\

A Privateer remake would blow my mind!

Excellent list TC! Man, where am I going to get the time to play all these games?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

R4gn4r0k

But Microsoft was so confident that when they made games like Alan Wake and developers like Epic exclusive to 360 that PC gamers would run out in masses and buy 360s. Look how strong PC gaming is without them (I see only one MS published title on there: MS Flight, could be wrong). We don't need them.

That's true. I remember the pre-XBox days when MS was experimenting with becoming dominant in PC gaming by providing excellent products (games and hardware), then suddenly yanking them from store shelves once Xbox was unveiled. Oh well. I guess they finally found their vision of gaming.

I'm a big fan of the Flight Simulator series. So, with Flight coming, I'm happy. Any other game they release would be frosting on the cake.

Avatar image for heeeeeeeeeweeee
heeeeeeeeeweeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 heeeeeeeeeweeee
Member since 2011 • 2083 Posts

I Wasdie, moderator of System Wars, delcare all Sony fanboys, Xbox Fanboys, and Nintendo fanboys owned.

Good day.

Wasdie

halo 4 owns all of those.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 R4gn4r0k

That's true. I remember the pre-XBox days when MS was experimenting with becoming dominant in PC gaming by providing excellent products (games and hardware), then suddenly yanking them from store shelves once Xbox was unveiled. Oh well. I guess they finally found their vision of gaming.

I'm a big fan of the Flight Simulator series. So, with Flight coming, I'm happy. Any other game they release would be frosting on the cake.

jun_aka_pekto

I have to admit: I was very happy when Age of Empires Online was released last year, because I'm a huge fan of the series. So in a way, I too am happy that MS didn't fully abandon the platform.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#75 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Hope to get some of these games on Steam sales.

Hydra1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Hydra1234
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts
Firstly all those so called PC games are ports from the crummy console version so they'll look crap and perform crap. Secondly, Rainbow six patriot isn't coming out till 2013 FYI. Please remove it from the 2012 list... Those are NOT true PC games. They are 99% ports from the console.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Firstly all those so called PC games are ports from the crummy console version so they'll look crap and perform crap. Secondly, Rainbow six patriot isn't coming out till 2013 FYI. Please remove it from the 2012 list... Those are NOT true PC games. They are 99% ports from the console.Hydra1234

Only half of them are like that really

Also Withcer 2 is the best looking PC game and looks spectacular on xbox 360 too, so i dont get your point

Actually it is PC exclusives like Diablo 3 that look so far behind the best looking games on consoles

Hydra1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Hydra1234
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts

[QUOTE="Hydra1234"]Firstly all those so called PC games are ports from the crummy console version so they'll look crap and perform crap. Secondly, Rainbow six patriot isn't coming out till 2013 FYI. Please remove it from the 2012 list... Those are NOT true PC games. They are 99% ports from the console.loosingENDS

Also Withcer 2 is the best looking PC game and looks spectacular on xbox 360 too, so i dont get your point

Actually it is PC exclusives like Diablo 3 that look so far behind the best looking games on consoles

There are many tell-tail signs that diablo 3 is coming out on consoles too so it might be timed exclusive...Also I wouldn't consider witcher 2 as being the best looking game.It is ONE of the best looking though. Problem is, I finding it extremely pointless to justify spending money on new hardware if people seem to claim that graphics aren't important and we get watered down games.
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

Firstly all those so called PC games are ports from the crummy console version so they'll look crap and perform crap. Secondly, Rainbow six patriot isn't coming out till 2013 FYI. Please remove it from the 2012 list... Those are NOT true PC games. They are 99% ports from the console.Hydra1234

Huh? Out of the ~190 games listed 125 are exclusive, not only aren't they "99% ports" but they completely dwarf any other system's exclusive line-up.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Hydra1234"]Firstly all those so called PC games are ports from the crummy console version so they'll look crap and perform crap. Secondly, Rainbow six patriot isn't coming out till 2013 FYI. Please remove it from the 2012 list... Those are NOT true PC games. They are 99% ports from the console.Hydra1234

There are many tell-tail signs that diablo 3 is coming out on consoles too so it might be timed exclusive...Also I wouldn't consider witcher 2 as being the best looking game.It is ONE of the best looking though. Problem is, I finding it extremely pointless to justify spending money on new hardware if people seem to claim that graphics aren't important and we get watered down games.

Graphics are important when the difference is unbelievable

But comparing Witcher 2 PC to xbox 360, the differences are really minor

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 GD1551

loosingENDS

Even with the amount of stupidity you post you can't really believe that.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="Hydra1234"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

No it's not.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

GD1551

I belive my eyes for sure and we have Withcer 2 videos on 360 anyway

Besides a few effects and resolution maybe, i dont see that much of a diference, in fact seems like the exact same game, all foliage, amazing lighting, detail etc is still there

Of course graphics fanatics will spot the slightest little detail that PC is better on and suggest is the end of all gaming to have that small detail, but frankly the overall picture i am looking at in the below videos, is every bit as amazing as PC version in high setting

Witcher 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZmqgxrnK7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtJ7uXktqEg

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hypoty

loosingENDS

It depends on your definition of 'minor'. Being locked to a relatively low resolution and framerate with little anti-aliasing could be more than minor in some gamers' eyes. We won't know the true extent of the downgrade until it releases but Looking at the offscreen GC presentation of TW2, while it looked good, saying the difference was minor compared to a maxed out Ultra PC version would be an insult to the graphical fidelity of the PC version.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Hydra1234"] There are many tell-tail signs that diablo 3 is coming out on consoles too so it might be timed exclusive...Also I wouldn't consider witcher 2 as being the best looking game.It is ONE of the best looking though. Problem is, I finding it extremely pointless to justify spending money on new hardware if people seem to claim that graphics aren't important and we get watered down games.hypoty

It depends on your definition of 'minor'. Being locked to a relatively low resolution and framerate with little anti-aliasing could be more than minor in some gamers' eyes. We won't know the true extent of the downgrade until it releases but Looking at the offscreen GC presentation of TW2, while it looked good, saying the difference was minor compared to a maxed out Ultra PC version would be an insult to the graphical fidelity of the PC version.

We have a gameplay video, so we know exactly how it will look like

Witcher 2 xbox 360

To me a bit scrisper image is minor, especially on a HDTV that is not like a PC screen

On the video i see 360 having as much detail, foliage and as stunning lighting as PC maxed

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Besides a few effects and resolution maybe, i dont see that much of a diference, in fact seems like the exact same game, all foliage, amazing lighting, detail etc is still there

Of course graphics fanatics will spot the slightest little detail that PC is better on and suggest is the end of all gaming to have that small detail, but frankly the overall picture i am looking at in the below videos, is every bit as amazing as PC version in high setting

Witcher 2

Top pic for each is 360. Forgetting the more blatant effects for a minute you do realize how much details are missing off the models (and low rez textures) themselves right? On top of that the game runs like **** on the 360 so far.

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 hypoty

[QUOTE="hypoty"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

We have a gameplay video, so we know exactly how it will look like

Witcher 2 xbox 360

That's the video I was mentioning, even with the low resolution of the video compared to Ultra on PC it's more than 'minor', especially the post processing effects.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

Witcher 2

Top pic for each is 360. Forgetting the more blatant effects for a minute you do realize how much details are missing off the models (and low rez textures) themselves right? On top of that the game runs like **** on the 360 so far.

Old pics, try the new video that light shafts are in the xbox 360 game

Posting old pics from a version that no longer exists means nothing, we have a brand new video of 360 gameplay

You can clearly see the new light shaft effects from HIGH PC setting rigth at the start of the video

BTW, it is funny but in your PC pics, the charatcers look more blurry and less detailed, look at the tatoo texture in both, 360 looks much crisper

And sorry, but this 0.0000001% difference in texture resolution is nothing more than extremely minor to me

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 GD1551

Posting old pics from a version that no longer exists means nothing, we have a brand new video of 360 gameplay

You can clearly see the new light shaft effects from HIGH PC setting rigth at the start of the video

BTW, it is funny but in your PC pics, the charatcers look more blurry and less detailed, look at the tatoo texture in both, 360 looks much crisper

loosingENDS

I am using direct pics and and no the 360 pics the characters and their clothes more specifically are blurred. You are showing me off screen footage of a blurry video and telling me judge the graphics from that.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

GD1551

I am using direct pics and and no the 360 pics the characters and their clothes more specifically are blurred. You are showing me off screen footage of a blurry video and telling me judge the graphics from that.

Of course, you can clearly see the new effects in the video, you dont need high resolution to see that light shafts are in the game, or the stunning lighting and that all foliage is there

In fact it seems like 360 version has actually more plants around and a bit better HDR too, the lighting seems a bit more impressive than on PC

Also the blurry textures are frankly a bit less crisp, the difference would be totally invisible outside a cut scene really, the difference is less than minor in those pics

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

And sorry, but this 0.0000001% difference in texture resolution is nothing more than extremely minor to me

loosingENDS

The textures on the 360 look very bad compared to PC. Looks like cardboard tbh.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#92 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

loosingENDS

360 videos aren't even on Ultra, a setting I can run.

ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts
The best you can hope for is 720p with medium settings and low AA on the 360. Which will still look good, stop trying to make the 360 more than it is.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 R4gn4r0k

loosingENDS

Of course you don't. You never played the PC version. You probably only saw a youtube video of it and thought that it looks the same as actually playing it.

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 hypoty

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Of course, you can clearly see the new effects in the video, you dont need high resolution to see that light shafts are in the game, or the stunning lighting and that all foliage is there

In fact it seems like 360 version has actually more plants around and a bit better HDR too, the lighting seems a bit more impressive than on PC

Also the blurry textures are frankly a bit less crisp, the difference would be totally invisible outside a cut scene really, the difference is less than minor in those pics

The foliage was actually one of my complaints with that video, it looks to jagged and low resolution compared to the PC version. It looks like they reduced the density of it my taking away a few vertices's. Nothing in that video looks better than the PC version on Ultra, I mean being happy that they got the game running on six year old hardware is one thing, but comparing it to a 2011-made system is laughable. Especially the lighting, those shadow maps are terrible on 360 in comparison. Not the mention the low FPS, screen tearing and pop-in.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

el3m2tigre

The textures on the 360 look very bad compared to PC. Looks like cardboard tbh.

They look a tiny bit more blurry, which is about same outside cut scenes

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#97 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Let me get this straight:

The losers have something to look forward to in Diablo III, Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age III.

The hardcore have something to look forward to in Arma III, Hawken, Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm.

The tactical nuts have something to look forwward to in Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai and DOTA 2.

The gearheads have something to look forward to in GTR3, Dirt: Showdown and others.

The tasteful meanwhile have something to look forward to in Torchlight II, BioShock: Infinite, Syberia III, Street Fighter X Tekken, Metro: Last Light and more.

Good old PC! :)

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 loosingENDS

The foliage was actually one of my complaints with that video, it looks to jagged and low resolution compared to the PC version. It looks like they reduced the density of it my taking away a few vertices's. Nothing in that video looks better than the PC version on Ultra, I mean being happy that they got the game running on six year old hardware is one thing, but comparing it to a 2011-made system is laughable. Especially the lighting, those shadows maps are terrible on 360 in comparison.

hypoty

Looks 99.99% same to me, there is nothing even remotly terrible visually in this video

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

loosingENDS

Please stop living in a dream, the console versions of W2 will be a sub HD no effects, frames per second nightmare cheap and dirty console port.

mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts

If Consoles want to charge for gaming online next gen, PC is where i'll be. That list is awesome, I didn't know Dawn of war III was releasing this year, must get. I loved DOWII. Hopefully my 8800gts is still good enough.