The 360 is a flash in the pan ... the next Sega

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
Why .... because Nintendo is the long time champion since the 80's and Sony has always had a leg up on Microsoft too. Both Nintendo and Sony make much better games and exclusives. 360 has nothing more than Gears of War, Halo 3, and Blue Dragon. I honestly can't think of anything that will keep steam for the 360 in the next 5 years.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
*sigh*
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JDW_games
Don't get me wrong I LOVED Sega. But I dislike Microsoft. The difference between Sega and Microsoft is, that Microsoft actually deserves to die out.
El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts

Don't get me wrong I LOVED Sega. But I dislike Microsoft. The difference between Sega and Microsoft is, that Microsoft actually deserves to die out. JDW_games

360 has the best library of games right now by a mile.

STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 STABW0UND
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
only differance is sega wasnt the richest company in the world ;D
illwillpress88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 illwillpress88
Member since 2005 • 500 Posts

Why .... because Nintendo is the long time champion since the 80's and Sony has always had a leg up on Microsoft too. Both Nintendo and Sony make much better games and exclusives. 360 has nothing more than Gears of War, Halo 3, and Blue Dragon. I honestly can't think of anything that will keep steam for the 360 in the next 5 years. JDW_games

here we go agian. 

ronniemoisture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ronniemoisture
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

sega didn't have hardley any 3rd party support thats why they changed to a software developer

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JDW_games

[QUOTE="JDW_games"]Don't get me wrong I LOVED Sega. But I dislike Microsoft. The difference between Sega and Microsoft is, that Microsoft actually deserves to die out. El_Fanboy

That's your opinion. And as far as Microsoft being the richest company in the world ... that is why they are a joke!! Posers.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
*sigh*Panzer_Zwei
*double sigh*
El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts
[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]

[QUOTE="JDW_games"]Don't get me wrong I LOVED Sega. But I dislike Microsoft. The difference between Sega and Microsoft is, that Microsoft actually deserves to die out. JDW_games

That's your opinion. And as far as Microsoft being the richest company in the world ... that is why they are a joke!! Posers.

The 360 has more games for its system right now, that is fact.

STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 STABW0UND
[QUOTE="JDW_games"][QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]

[QUOTE="JDW_games"]Don't get me wrong I LOVED Sega. But I dislike Microsoft. The difference between Sega and Microsoft is, that Microsoft actually deserves to die out. El_Fanboy

yes 360 has over 100 games out ps3 has like 8? and wii has maybe 13? 

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
people put too much emotion into this stuff i mean you hate microsoft and you think it deserves to die out okay at least name your reason i hope its good
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
 I like cheese.
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 STABW0UND

I like cheese.DXGreat1_HGL

only if its melted :\ 

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts

Yeah the 360 is really going to be the next dreamcast, even though Bill Gates a) already said there will be another Xbox and b) has so much money he could buy ATI, Nvidia, Intel and AMD so no one else can get CPU's or GPU's for their consoles.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JDW_games
[QUOTE="JDW_games"][QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]

Again ... more does not always = better.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
You obviously have no idea what a flash in the pan is...sega was around for what? near 20 years spawn some of the most loved consoles, and games around, brought alot of inovative ideas to the scene....no sega was no flash in the pan
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 STABW0UND
[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"][QUOTE="JDW_games"][QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]

[QUOTE="JDW_games"]Don't get me wrong I LOVED Sega. But I dislike Microsoft. The difference between Sega and Microsoft is, that Microsoft actually deserves to die out. JDW_games

Again ... more does not always = better.

because "better" is and always will be an opinion.

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts
Microsoft is not going to die out, buddy. They don't focus on video games only you know. *sigh*
Drop00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Drop00
Member since 2007 • 121 Posts

Why .... because Nintendo is the long time champion since the 80's and Sony has always had a leg up on Microsoft too. Both Nintendo and Sony make much better games and exclusives. 360 has nothing more than Gears of War, Halo 3, and Blue Dragon. I honestly can't think of anything that will keep steam for the 360 in the next 5 years. JDW_games

These exclusives compete with any of PS3s or Wiis top exclusives

Halo3,Gears of War, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon Lost Odyssey, Fable , Too Human, BioShock..

I can keep going if you want.. 

STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 STABW0UND

[QUOTE="JDW_games"] Why .... because Nintendo is the long time champion since the 80's and Sony has always had a leg up on Microsoft too. Both Nintendo and Sony make much better games and exclusives. 360 has nothing more than Gears of War, Halo 3, and Blue Dragon. I honestly can't think of anything that will keep steam for the 360 in the next 5 years. Drop00

Halo3,Gears of War, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon Lost Odyssey, Fable , Too Human, BioShock..

bioshock isnt ecsclusive it'll be on pc but still it wont be on wii or ps3 ;D 

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JDW_games

[QUOTE="JDW_games"] Why .... because Nintendo is the long time champion since the 80's and Sony has always had a leg up on Microsoft too. Both Nintendo and Sony make much better games and exclusives. 360 has nothing more than Gears of War, Halo 3, and Blue Dragon. I honestly can't think of anything that will keep steam for the 360 in the next 5 years. Drop00

Nothing really impressive there ...
Jonnyd108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jonnyd108
Member since 2005 • 286 Posts
If anything, 360 has done better than I ever expected. Microsoft has got it down in my opinion. Sony screwed themselves over with bad decisions. and Nintendo is doing great and it's good to see they are becoming the "Big Home Console" once again like they were with the NES
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 STABW0UND
[QUOTE="Drop00"]

[QUOTE="JDW_games"] Why .... because Nintendo is the long time champion since the 80's and Sony has always had a leg up on Microsoft too. Both Nintendo and Sony make much better games and exclusives. 360 has nothing more than Gears of War, Halo 3, and Blue Dragon. I honestly can't think of anything that will keep steam for the 360 in the next 5 years. JDW_games

opinion :roll: i think all of thoughs games kill anything nintendo will ever put out gears of war > mario party 47 

Runned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Runned
Member since 2004 • 41 Posts

To each there own, I think ever console has a lot of appeal, the Wii was a great idea, not the best graphics but they revolutioned the controller and if you look at the sales numbers there kicking the crap out of the PS3, and why should that change? Is the PS3 going to drop $300 in price??? They killed themselves already with the blue ray crap, now there console is priced way to high for most people.

As for the 360 I love mine, I love the rumble controllers as well. Im still using the core that I payed $300.00 for plus one extra memory stick and remote. Im still playing for under $400.00. I dont play XBL because im not to much into online gaming atm.

So to each there own, if you dont like the 360, the more power to you, but theres alot more people playing the 360 and wii than the PS3 right now.

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts

agreed!

just sony for mature gamers and nintendo for kids!

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts

Don't get me wrong I LOVED Sega. But I dislike Microsoft. The difference between Sega and Microsoft is, that Microsoft actually deserves to die out. JDW_games

agreed!

sony for mature gamers and nintendo for kids! 

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 greg_splicer
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

I did not know 360 only had 3 games !!!

I was under the impression that xbox 360 has

Mass Effect 1-2-3, Fable 2, Cry On, Blue Dragon 1-2, Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Too Human, Lost planet, Viva pinata 1-2, Kameo 1-2, Banjo, Ninja Gaiden 2, Shivering Isles for Oblivion, Tow Worlds, Overlord, Elveon, Bioshock, Eternal Sonata, new games confirmed but not yet announced from Mistwalker, Bioware, Lionhead, Namco, Alan Wake, Theseis, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Command & Conquer 3, PD0, Gears of War 1-2-3, Flatout Carnage, PGR3-4, Forza 2, Warhounds, Scared 2, Kotor 3, Fallout 3, Age of Conan, Huxley, Battle for Middle Earth 2, Precursors, Circle of Doom, White Gold, Demons of Mercy, Postal 3, Kane and Lynch, Project Cronos and Progressive from Team Ninja etc etc

ALL NOT ON PS3 !!!

and multiplatforms as Alone in The Dark, Heavy Rain, Resident Evil 5, Hellboy, Time), Dark Sector, Colin, Assasins Creed, Larian Studios RPG's, Project Offset, Aliens RPG's/FPS, Haze, Turok, The Darkeness, etc etc

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 greg_splicer

BTW, what does PS3 have to compare to the above exclusives on 360 ?

Lair, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, FF13, White Knight Story, Monster Kingdom, Drake's fortune, GT5, Wardevil, Monster Carnival, Angel Rings, Ico team game, God of War 3, MGS4 etc

Fact is some of the above PS3 games are not even announced yet too !!!

Avatar image for rodimus_prime85
rodimus_prime85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rodimus_prime85
Member since 2003 • 623 Posts

[QUOTE="JDW_games"] Why .... because Nintendo is the long time champion since the 80's and Sony has always had a leg up on Microsoft too. Both Nintendo and Sony make much better games and exclusives. 360 has nothing more than Gears of War, Halo 3, and Blue Dragon. I honestly can't think of anything that will keep steam for the 360 in the next 5 years. greg_splicer

I was under the impression that xbox 360 has

Mass Effect 1-2-3, Fable 2, Cry On, Blue Dragon 1-2, Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Too Human, Lost planet, Viva pinata 1-2, Kameo 1-2, Banjo, Ninja Gaiden 2, Shivering Isles for Oblivion, Tow Worlds, Overlord, Elveon, Bioshock, Eternal Sonata, new games confirmed but not yet announced from Mistwalker, Bioware, Lionhead, Namco, Alan Wake, Theseis, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Command & Conquer 3, PD0, Gears of War 1-2-3, Flatout Carnage, PGR3-4, Forza 2, Warhounds, Scared 2, Kotor 3, Fallout 3, Age of Conan, Huxley, Battle for Middle Earth 2, Precursors, Circle of Doom, White Gold, Demons of Mercy, Postal 3, Kane and Lynch, Project Cronos and Progressive from Team Ninja etc etc

ALL NOT ON PS3 !!!

and multiplatforms as Alone in The Dark, Heavy Rain, Resident Evil 5, Hellboy, Time), Dark Sector, Colin, Assasins Creed, Larian Studios RPG's, Project Offset, Aliens RPG's/FPS, Haze, Turok, The Darkeness, etc etc

Now name that many exclusives for PS3...
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 STABW0UND
[QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

[QUOTE="JDW_games"] Why .... because Nintendo is the long time champion since the 80's and Sony has always had a leg up on Microsoft too. Both Nintendo and Sony make much better games and exclusives. 360 has nothing more than Gears of War, Halo 3, and Blue Dragon. I honestly can't think of anything that will keep steam for the 360 in the next 5 years. rodimus_prime85

I was under the impression that xbox 360 has

ALL NOT ON PS3 !!!

resistance....MSG4?.....and uh resistance? lol 

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

Microsoft didn't release Game Gears with D-pads that fell out, Sega CD, Sega 32x, talk about the "Neptune" which never came, release Saturn months early without telling anyone, or the battery-eater known as the Nomad.

I liked my Genesis, Sega CD, Nomad, and Dreamcast - but there's no denying that the 32x, Neptune (never released), and Saturn were disasters. UNLIKE the Xbox and Xbox 360. I could find tons of games for my Xbox, I had trouble finding more than half a dozen Sega CD games on store shelves.

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 greg_splicer
[QUOTE="rodimus_prime85"][QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

[QUOTE="JDW_games"] Why .... because Nintendo is the long time champion since the 80's and Sony has always had a leg up on Microsoft too. Both Nintendo and Sony make much better games and exclusives. 360 has nothing more than Gears of War, Halo 3, and Blue Dragon. I honestly can't think of anything that will keep steam for the 360 in the next 5 years. STABW0UND

ALL NOT ON PS3 !!!

Keep in mind, those are the exclusives for 360 i could think of, not all, but nearly all the best, there are FAR FAR more, like Call of Juarez etc etc

munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts
last gen ms was the noob in video games it did pretty dam good for its first time out. going against the legend nintendo and the top dog sony.they might not win this gen either but they are gaining alot of respect along the way.i think thats all they want.is when u think of video games u think nintendo, sony and ms...
rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#35 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts

well, when you think about it, the 360 is new compared to sony and ninty, but already, 360 is a tough competitor for the two.

STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 STABW0UND
[QUOTE="STABW0UND"][QUOTE="rodimus_prime85"][QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

[QUOTE="JDW_games"] Why .... because Nintendo is the long time champion since the 80's and Sony has always had a leg up on Microsoft too. Both Nintendo and Sony make much better games and exclusives. 360 has nothing more than Gears of War, Halo 3, and Blue Dragon. I honestly can't think of anything that will keep steam for the 360 in the next 5 years. greg_splicer

ALL NOT ON PS3 !!!

Keep in mind, those are the exclusives for 360 i could think of, not all, but nearly all the best, there are FAR FAR more, like Call of Juarez etc etc

yeah i have all 3 and 360 DEFINATLY has the best line-up and the best one coming aswell. 

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 greg_splicer
[QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="STABW0UND"][QUOTE="rodimus_prime85"][QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

[QUOTE="JDW_games"] Why .... because Nintendo is the long time champion since the 80's and Sony has always had a leg up on Microsoft too. Both Nintendo and Sony make much better games and exclusives. 360 has nothing more than Gears of War, Halo 3, and Blue Dragon. I honestly can't think of anything that will keep steam for the 360 in the next 5 years. STABW0UND

ALL NOT ON PS3 !!!

yeah i have all 3 and 360 DEFINATLY has the best line-up and the best one coming aswell. 

PS3 will have the second best lineup, but will take 1.5-3 years to reach the level 360 is now, depending on how much developers will support it exclusively, which is not happening to a great extend right now

munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts
if it wasnt for ms u wouldnt be playing online with ur games..sure sega started it but ms did it right and had money to back the idea up sony woulda never did it on the ps2 untill they seen how much we liked  it and how much it was selling xboxs. hell even old fashioned nintendo might be jumping on the online bandwagon this gen lol.
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 greg_splicer

if it wasnt for ms u wouldnt be playing online with ur games..sure sega started it but ms did it right and had money to back the idea up sony woulda never did it on the ps2 untill they seen how much we liked  it and how much it was selling xboxs. hell even old fashioned nintendo might be jumping on the online bandwagon this gen lol.munsoned

Online is indeed perfect on 360 !!!

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
Oh dear, he's woken up, its your time to feed him.
McSkombi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 McSkombi
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts

[QUOTE="JDW_games"]Don't get me wrong I LOVED Sega. But I dislike Microsoft. The difference between Sega and Microsoft is, that Microsoft actually deserves to die out. El_FANBOY

LOL, but seriously he's not right: Halo 3, Blue Dragon and Gears Of War are NOT the only good games for 360. Mass Effect WILL BE the only good game (EDIT: for 360).

hawkeye_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 hawkeye_12
Member since 2006 • 1250 Posts

REad this: http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3145154                                                                                  

& this:

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=0&cId=3145154

darklight86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 darklight86
Member since 2006 • 1834 Posts

What? How? Because they currently have the best console on the market? Because they make less bull**** statements than Sony? Because they cater for gamers as opposed to 80 yr olds and small children?

mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

You my friend are a embarrasement to Boba Fett. The force isn't strong with you. LOL

But seriously a) Sega was not a flash in the pan, for a long time Sega was a console king.

Microsoft does not deserve to die-out. As much as I dislike some things MS has done I dislike things Sony has DONE EVEN MORE. Bill Gates and MS has done a lot for the world. He gives more to charity than anybody else and as turned Seattle into a extremely powerful city and got rid of most of the Citys former poverty. Its a extremly beautiful place now.

But back to games MS has done a lot. MS has pushed Nintendo into new directions (they may have not changed if they still had a good percentage like Sony last gen), has pushed online, has pushed new hardware directions, new concepts in the home. They have done a lot fo good.

Only bad thing is they have upset a few console fanboys by stealing some of their exclusives and lime light.

I've bought all Sonys previous consoles but I am gonna wait a long time til i get a PS3. Coz it is just not as good as 360 atm in time.

The 360 also has a great library of games which out do both Wii and Sony (IMO) for the next 12 months.

Im sure things will change and i dont want Wii or PS3 to fail. Coz competiton is good.

Also think would Sony be doing HOME if MS hadnt done Xbox Live right now.... No!!!!

demoralizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 demoralizer
Member since 2002 • 2023 Posts
Sony getting dethrone and PSP is a joke. If I was a cow I would be angry too.
Lookforanexit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lookforanexit
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts

Microsoft actually deserves to die out. JDW_games

Why? Do you actually have a reason for this opinion or do you just think saying "Man, I like, hate Microsoft, Bill Gates is such a c*nt" makes you sound like some kind of revolutionary?

Codename33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Codename33
Member since 2005 • 2719 Posts
Halo 3 and GeOW the only good games for the 360? Try 5 AAA's and 45 AA games. Then, factor in some amazing games coming out, like Assassin's Creed, Forza 2, Mass Effect, Too Human, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, UT3, and much more. Did sega have this many good games on dreamcast? I think not.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
:roll: All three consoles are going to succeed, there is enough market for them to share and none of the companys are in a financial state that Sega were in when they sadly had to go third party.  Why anybody wants a landslide I don't know, this way the company's are going to have to earn our money and respect, meaning we get better games. 
darker9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 darker9999
Member since 2006 • 275 Posts
yep wiis games definetly prove your point nd ps3s wait a sec 360 has more nd better games out