Thanksgiving BELLY BUSTER. Uncharted VS Mass Effect. Who has all the FIXINGS!!!

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fuzzy_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fuzzy_Munch
Member since 2007 • 1018 Posts

WOO WHOOO i'm off that whole week so it's going to be GAME ON so what game has all the fixings and what game deserves your playtime that week.

Mass Effect

OR

Uncharted.

Who's got the GRAVY

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
I'd like to play both but Mass Effect has impressed me more.
XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts
Well, after seeing Uncharteds lovely display of 2-D explosions in 3-D water. I'll have to go with Mass Effect.
MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MrEpyx
Member since 2007 • 716 Posts

Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect,& Guitar Hero III On XBOX 360 FTW. Of course, that's in addition to Halo 3 & The Orange Box.

Man its an insane year for 360 owners.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
I will still be playing Mario...But if I were to pick from the two I would say Mass Effect. I do not like any of the tomb raider games so I don't think I will like Uncharted.
Fuzzy_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fuzzy_Munch
I know waz up with the cheap explosions in Uncharted everything else looks cool but that they look lame as heck
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts
How about playing both, they look equally awsome
GarchomPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GarchomPro
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Thanksgiving was in October in Canada.
chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts
I've already had thanksgiving..
The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Crucible
Member since 2007 • 3305 Posts

Here's whats sad. How much advertising, besides the gaming sites you go to, have you seen for either of these games? Me, ZERO! And that is a sad, sad thing. People need to know these games are coming out to help promote console sales. And these two games are so friggin' beautiful, people will just be wow'd if they saw it during a break in The Office.

This is a hard decision to make. I really do think Uncharted and the $399 price will be a PS3 seller. But 360 has a huge installl base to feed and many of them will pick up Mass Effect.

In the long run, though, I do think uncharted will be the more wide-reaching game. Meaning, i think its one to speak to and hold the attention of the mass audience. Mass Effect may be to slow.

But what do i know. I haven't played either of them.

Demo for Uncharted, November 8th.

mastarifla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mastarifla
Member since 2005 • 2448 Posts
Well... at least the title was creative... ;)
the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_h_bomb
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts
is uncharetd that tomb raider game?
The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Crucible
Member since 2007 • 3305 Posts

is uncharetd that tomb raider game?the_h_bomb

Is typing that title (correctly) into the search bar at the top of the screen too hard? Or are you just a troll?

OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts

Well, after seeing Uncharteds lovely display of 2-D explosions in 3-D water. I'll have to go with Mass Effect.XenoNinja
Lol.

Anyway, Mass Effect ftw!

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Uncharted looks pretty awesome for the most part, but I cannot wait to play Mass Effect. :D
Medic_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Medic_B
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts
LOL, where's my post:lol: ?
Medic_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Medic_B
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts
MASS EFFECT / THREAD!!!
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
Out of the ones you mentioned, I would definitely pick Mass Effect, but if you would have added a short fat Italian plumber to the mix, he would have gotten my vote.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Uncharted looks great, but it will not even touch Mass Effect.
GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts
I am looking forward to Uncharted more in my own personal tastes (that and I don't have a 360 yet), but Mass Effect looks to be a stronger achievement in scope and innovation if it lives up to its hype.
Sir_Graham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Sir_Graham
Member since 2002 • 3983 Posts

Uncharted looks great, but it will not even touch Mass Effect. BioShockOwnz

I agree. Mass Effect is the type of game that only comes out once a generation and even if critics don't like it I would feel the same way about it. It's just not your average game regardless of how well the execution is done.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

Well, after seeing Uncharteds lovely display of 2-D explosions in 3-D water. I'll have to go with Mass Effect.XenoNinja

where you see that? can i have teh link?

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

WOO WHOOO i'm off that whole week so it's going to be GAME ON so what game has all the fixings and what game deserves your playtime that week.

Mass Effect

OR

Uncharted.

Who's got the GRAVY

Fuzzy_Munch
I'll be getting both, but Mass Effect is CLEARLY the victor here. My folks have a PS3 in their house (cheap Blu-ray player) so I am going to be playing Drake's while wishingI was playing Mass Effect.
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

Mass Effect

OR

Uncharted.

Who's got the GRAVY

Fuzzy_Munch

Mass Effect is the Roasted Turkey and Uncharted is the cranbarry sauce, which one do you think I'm more excited about?

BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BambooBanger
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

I'd say about 70% of all 360 owners are waiting to play/buy Mass Effect.

Mass Effect will be where the sales are at.

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

Here's whats sad. How much advertising, besides the gaming sites you go to, have you seen for either of these games? Me, ZERO! And that is a sad, sad thing. People need to know these games are coming out to help promote console sales. And these two games are so friggin' beautiful, people will just be wow'd if they saw it during a break in The Office.

This is a hard decision to make. I really do think Uncharted and the $399 price will be a PS3 seller. But 360 has a huge installl base to feed and many of them will pick up Mass Effect.

In the long run, though, I do think uncharted will be the more wide-reaching game. Meaning, i think its one to speak to and hold the attention of the mass audience. Mass Effect may be to slow.

The_Crucible

Hey, what's going on here? You're not supposed to be sensible in your posts and I'm not supposed to be inclined to agree with you! Who are you and what have you done with Crucible!

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

Its obvious what your going to get, Cows say Uncharted even if they don't waste their money on it, and lemmings saying Mass Effect because it rocks.

Notice the subtle bias leads somewhat to my point.

Montavious2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Montavious2004
Member since 2004 • 156 Posts
Although Uncharted is finally one of those PS3 games to be jealous of, but still come on is ME all the way! It will own Uncharted like it or not.
Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#30 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

Owning both formats I have to say that, although Unchated should be fun and should sell reasonably well. If PS3 fanboys, think that MAss Effect will do anything less than awesome sales they are fooling themselves. Mass Effect has been talked about for over 2 years now, Bioware are pretty much legends at this point. I expect 1 to 2 million in sales during this holiday season. Uncharted won't come remotely close to sales like that or even the critic reviews that MAss Effect will have.

GoreyFeldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 GoreyFeldman
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts

I think Uncharted (aka Dude Raider) looks great. If I ever buy a PS3 it would be one of the titles I pick-up.

However, Mass Effect is going to rock. This holiday season, alien lesbian sex is on the menu!

RonnieLottinSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RonnieLottinSF
Member since 2007 • 1474 Posts
I'm off that whole week as well and will more than likely be playing both games, as well as Halo 3, GHIII, Assassin's Creed, R&C:ToD and SMG.
MetalContra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 MetalContra
Member since 2006 • 1131 Posts

Very different type of games.

I dont like RPGs, so I will be going with Uncharted

Fuzzy_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fuzzy_Munch

I think Uncharted (aka Dude Raider) looks great. If I ever buy a PS3 it would be one of the titles I pick-up.

However, Mass Effect is going to rock. This holiday season, alien lesbian sex is on the menu!

GoreyFeldman
Wait can you really have like RPG XXX with this game?
the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_h_bomb
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

Uncharted looks great, but it will not even touch Mass Effect. The_Crucible

Keyword "looks"

Ratchet looked great as well but the game was deeply flawed. Excpect the same thing with uncharted

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
Definately Uncharted, Mass Effect isn't a game that people are going to boast about to there friends about how cool it is. Uncharted has all the fillings of a fresh new IP. Mass Effect not so much.
martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts

The_Crucible

Thats talking sales... what do sales matter here? this is opinion.

For me? MASS EFFECT hands down.
Tomb Raider + Gears of War = Dude Raider
M0rph0_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 M0rph0_o
Member since 2007 • 305 Posts
how do you compare a adventure game to movie effect?
Avatar image for ItalStallion777
ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ItalStallion777
Member since 2005 • 1953 Posts

Definately Uncharted, Mass Effect isn't a game that people are going to boast about to there friends about how cool it is. Uncharted has all the fillings of a fresh new IP. Mass Effect not so much.Adrian_Cloud

say what?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Uncharted = fun playthough with possible AAA for outstanding graphics with soild gameplay (not likely to get AAA though),

Mass Effect = epic RPG that will change the way we play RPGs forever

martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 martin_f
Definately Uncharted, Mass Effect isn't a game that people are going to boast about to there friends about how cool it is. Uncharted has all the fillings of a fresh new IP. Mass Effect not so much.Adrian_Cloud

So you prefer an 8 hour game which is probably going to be a one off flop. To a 40 hour game (With Replay value) which is going to doso wellthat it is a planned trilogy so thats Mass Effects greatness x 3??????????????????????
martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 martin_f
Also compare their stablemates, Mass Effect is with Baldurs Gate, KOTOR and Jade Empire. and Uncharted is with??? Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter? RPG gold Vs Childrens Platformers?
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts

[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]Definately Uncharted, Mass Effect isn't a game that people are going to boast about to there friends about how cool it is. Uncharted has all the fillings of a fresh new IP. Mass Effect not so much.martin_f

So you prefer an 8 hour game which is probably going to be a one off flop. To a 40 hour game (With Replay value) which is going to doso wellthat it is a planned trilogy so thats Mass Effects greatness x 3??????????????????????

:| Last interview i read said the game was 30 hours, and that was from the devs. Which usually means its a bit shorter. I Beat RE4 in 18 hours and that was supposed to be a 25 hour game, but its 18 hours of the greatest gameplay last gen and is still probably better than any next gen game out.

Its great that its planned trilogy, but if the sales aren't that good i doubt they'll follow up with there plan.

Uncharted 8 hours last interview i heard it was around 18 give or take. So between 15-20. Besides the fact of me highly doubting it will flop, the game just seems more fun, more intuitive and less of the same. Mass Effect uses the same old tried and true Bioware formula, i rather try something a little more refreshing.

Fuzzy_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fuzzy_Munch

[QUOTE="martin_f"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]Definately Uncharted, Mass Effect isn't a game that people are going to boast about to there friends about how cool it is. Uncharted has all the fillings of a fresh new IP. Mass Effect not so much.Adrian_Cloud

:| Last interview i read said the game was 30 hours, and that was from the devs. Which usually means its a bit shorter. I Beat RE4 in 18 hours and that was supposed to be a 25 hour game, but its 18 hours of the greatest gameplay last gen and is still probably better than any next gen game out.

Its great that its planned trilogy, but if the sales aren't that good i doubt they'll follow up with there plan.

Uncharted 8 hours last interview i heard it was around 18 give or take. So between 15-20. Besides the fact of me highly doubting it will flop, the game just seems more fun, more intuitive and less of the same. Mass Effect uses the same old tried and true Bioware formula, i rather try something a little more refreshing.

Wait Bioware is old and tired?

ByFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ByFly
Member since 2006 • 1917 Posts
WEll I have to say Mass Effect... Well Mass Effect is one of the reasons I bought 360...
-Serpahim-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -Serpahim-
Member since 2007 • 1627 Posts
Mass Effect looks to be the unofficial KOTOR3 and i've never been a fan of KOTOR fan. As for uncharted, it looks great, but im not sure about the gameplay. I have cautious optimism.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
From game previews, it looks like Uncharted still needs some polish on the gameplay and control, so I will have to wait on some reviews for it before I decide to pick it up.
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
Both?
ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ApocalypseXIVV
Member since 2004 • 1988 Posts

[QUOTE="martin_f"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]Definately Uncharted, Mass Effect isn't a game that people are going to boast about to there friends about how cool it is. Uncharted has all the fillings of a fresh new IP. Mass Effect not so much.Adrian_Cloud

1) lets not be talking about tired formulas, the gunplay in uncharted is copy/paste from Gears of War, when something is good, u leave it alone, why mess with it?

2) ME will not be 40 hours unless ur crazy and fly to every planet...but uncharted isnt 15 hours, the devs said last 15 hours, which as u stated, means itll be way less, ill bet uncharted clocks in at around 8-10, but i guess well see

to answer the ?, ME is the game i want, i like uncharted, but it looks like a nice rent, while ME will be biowares last real project before EA destroys them, it hasa sort of sentimental significance to it as well as looking to be a sick game

Hat_Damage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 Hat_Damage
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
Mass Effect, it will last you longer, and it looks better