Thanks Microsoft for destroying videogames.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmyMizuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AmyMizuno
Member since 2008 • 2003 Posts
-
blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 blitzkid1
Member since 2008 • 3952 Posts
Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon didnt try to be shooters, and they were great.
crispytheone88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 crispytheone88
Member since 2006 • 901 Posts

Wow, intresting read, except I think this is the best gen for gaming

I HAVE one of those EVIL 360's, and guess what, I love it, not for shooters, but Blue Dragon, from future atlantis (Japan) was a good old scholl japanese RPG, Lost Odessy is good as weel, and so is Eternal Sonata

Get a grip, calm down, stop blaming major corporations for your problems, and enjoy life, get a Wii and Wii fit, thats japanese

kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kentaro22
Member since 2005 • 2694 Posts
I kind of feel the same way. I think it is the JP developers who are also to blaim.
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts
how so, when the 360 has the most diverse library.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon didnt try to be shooters, and they were great.blitzkid1

blue dragon could have been a heck of a lot better then it was....and lost odyssey....imo wasnt good, but there are people who like it a lot so ill give you that one

MancsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MancsFTW
Member since 2008 • 232 Posts
Yay, another Microsoft is teh EVILZZ thread.....woooo
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon didnt try to be shooters, and they were great.blitzkid1

Instead they were JRPGs that didn't evolve from the model that was created nearly 2 decades ago..

blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blitzkid1
I agree with you on im becoming bored with gaming, its probably just me though, sonic and lbp will change that though.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

What the hell. Here I was thinking that I was playing games....all this time they were figments of my imagination, since all the games are destroyed.

Oh, and sarcasm aside, if you think all there are are shooters this generation, you are just not looking hard enough, choosing instead to be lead on by popular hype and myth than reality.

blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blitzkid1

[QUOTE="blitzkid1"]I agree with you on im becoming bored with gaming, its probably just me though, sonic and lbp will change that though.AmyMizuno
Speaking of Japanese developers... look at what Sega has done to Sonic. Man, sonic used to be awesome. Now his games are total garbage.

yes but the new game looks awesome, and i hope it doesnt dissapoint me :(

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="blitzkid1"]I agree with you on im becoming bored with gaming, its probably just me though, sonic and lbp will change that though.AmyMizuno
Speaking of Japanese developers... look at what Sega has done to Sonic. Man, sonic used to be awesome. Now his games are total garbage.

You guys should check out the pc library then, if anything that has the most diverse line up of games out there. Alot of them are unique and fascinating, specially the one sdone from smaller devs.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts

[QUOTE="kentaro22"]I kind of feel the same way. I think it is the JP developers who are also to blaim.AmyMizuno
I agree. What are the Japanese developers doing? Are they seriously spending all their time on handhelds?

Give them a break, their busy playing Wii Fit..

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 opex07

[QUOTE="opex07"]how so, when the 360 has the most diverse library.AmyMizuno

Oh yeah, diverse compared to what? The PS2... no. The PS1... no. Apparently, my point just flew way above your head.

I am saying that this generation is the worst. The 360 may have the most diverse library this generation, but that isn't saying much.

are you comparing consoles that had over 5 years to grow their libraries to ones which have had 2 years and less? Of course it isnt going to be the same.

kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kentaro22
Member since 2005 • 2694 Posts
[QUOTE="kentaro22"]I kind of feel the same way. I think it is the JP developers who are also to blaim.AmyMizuno
I agree. What are the Japanese developers doing? Are they seriously spending all their time on handhelds?

Well, the really did a good job with the star ocean 1&2 remakes for the PSP (enyoing them a lot). I would ignore consoles till next year.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Mass Effect isn't attempting to be a shooter. It's a hybrid genre. Much like they merged the genres of FPS and MMO and now you have games like Huxley on the PC or Planetside that released on the PC quite awhile ago.

It's called evolution. Not every game is a shooter. Far far from it. You need only look at the PC library to see that. Destroying games? Heh, no more than the casual appeal of the Wiimote is destroying games. People like shooters so developers make shooters. Is it the only genre? Nope, far from it. Are shooters very popular? Yes, and always have been since back with the original Doom and Duke Nukem and before that. Destroying? Lets not get overly dramatic. This isn't high school. :shock:

CassiusGaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CassiusGaius
Member since 2006 • 865 Posts

The 360 has the most diverse library right now and will continue on 'till '09. If you own both a PS3 and 360, you know the real anchor keeping console gaming down.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
i agree way too much shooter but i wouldn't blame MS blame the companies making the games
blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blitzkid1

[QUOTE="AmyMizuno"][QUOTE="blitzkid1"]I agree with you on im becoming bored with gaming, its probably just me though, sonic and lbp will change that though.sSubZerOo

You guys should check out the pc library then, if anything that has the most diverse line up of games out there. Alot of them are unique and fascinating, specially the one sdone from smaller devs.

yeah pc gamings cool . i love playing shooters on mine i just get a much better feeling with a pc shooting game

ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
Well theres Ninja Gaiden II, Im sure theres not gonna be any shooting in that, unless you count shurikens, lets remember that theres Last Remnant still, hopefully that one turns out good, square is making it after all
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Honestly I only own I think 7 games for my 360 and Ive bought probably around 20 games for it. That pretty much shows how shallow games are getting. Im no saying all games but a lot these games I play are short. I think the game I played the longest was oblivion which I played over 100 hours of. Ill probably do the same with GTA4 and LO when I finally get a chance to pick it up but other than that there arent many games that appeal to me that are gunna hold me over for awhile. Like did we really need 3 call of dutys in a 3 year span??? Then there was 3-4 need for speed games that came out with in a 203 year span. If im gunna spend $60 on a game I should atleast be getting a 20-30 hour game with a pretty good multiplayer. Not a 5-10 hour game. Im more of a SP kind of guy when it comes to gaming on consoles. I dont play MP that much since there really hasnt been a lot of games that made me want to play online a lot excpet for COD2 when it came out.
ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
[QUOTE="CassiusGaius"]

The 360 has the most diverse library right now and will continue on 'till '09. If you own both a PS3 and 360, you know the real anchor keeping console gaming down.

AmyMizuno

Look, I covered this above. Saying the 360 has the most diverse library this gen isn't saying much.

Try comparing it to the Playstation, Super Nintendo, or Playstation 2. Man, even try comparing it to the Dreamcast. I think the Dreamcast was better than the 360.

Dreamcast > many things in life

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

1- No if anything this gen is just picking up and is actually alot of fun at this point.

GTA 4 is amazing.

SUper Mario Galaxy trumped every platformer last gen IMO and is right up there with Super Mario 64.

The fighting genre had a slow start with Brawl, DOA 4, and Virtua FIghter 5 online, but Blaz Blue, Street Fighter 4, SOul caliber 4, Tekken 6 are on the way.

FPS games like Bioshock, Stalker, and Metroid Prime 3 were refreshing.

Big scale shooters like Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and Crysis were awesome

Racers like Forza 2, PGR 4, and Burnout Paradise

Then the JRPGs have been slow but Lost Odsysey was alot of fun and so was Eternal Sonota

Capcom had some great games like Dead Rising and Zack and Wikki which were beyond just shooting.

Devil May Cry 4 was an awesome action game with Ninja Gaiden 2 on the way.

MGS 4, Gears of War 2, Banjo 3, Fable 2, White Knight Chronicles, Infamous, SPore, Starcraft 2, etc all on the way

This gen is alot of fun for me personally. I think you people just overrate last gen too much.

crispytheone88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 crispytheone88
Member since 2006 • 901 Posts
[QUOTE="CassiusGaius"]

AmyMizuno

Look, I covered this above. Saying the 360 has the most diverse library this gen isn't saying much.

Try comparing it to the Playstation, Super Nintendo, or Playstation 2. Man, even try comparing it to the Dreamcast. I think the Dreamcast was better than the 360.

That comparison is not fair, the PS1 ans PS2, are done, and NOW have extensive libraries, also they ruled the market, the only system ruling the market this Gen is the Wii, and for hardcore gamers the Wii is somewhat lacking.

Last holiday season for the 360 was the most amazing season for any system I can remember, and I am not new to gaming by any stretch

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 opex07
[QUOTE="opex07"][QUOTE="AmyMizuno"]

[QUOTE="opex07"]how so, when the 360 has the most diverse library.AmyMizuno

Oh yeah, diverse compared to what? The PS2... no. The PS1... no. Apparently, my point just flew way above your head.

I am saying that this generation is the worst. The 360 may have the most diverse library this generation, but that isn't saying much.

are you comparing consoles that had over 5 years to grow their libraries to ones which have had 2 years and less? Of course it isnt going to be the same.

I don't like the direction the 360 is taking the industry in. I think it's the wrong direction, and every game is starting to feel the same. If you actually read my original post, you would see that. Saying that the 360 has the most diverse library of this gen isn't saying much, and I wouldn't even agree with you anyway.

I've had more fun lately with my Wii, than with my 360. Did you play Metroid Prime 3? It was incredible.

Why would you blame the 360 if its the most diverse console(and still most diverse in 08 line-ups)? The 360 is leading to the most diverse line-up out of the consoles, but for some reason you want to blame it instead of the other consoles, that doesnt make much sense?

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Mass Effect isn't attempting to be a shooter. It's a hybrid genre. Much like they merged the genres of FPS and MMO and now you have games like Huxley on the PC or Planetside that released on the PC quite awhile ago.

It's called evolution. Not every game is a shooter. Far far from it. You need only look at the PC library to see that. Destroying games? Heh, no more than the casual appeal of the Wiimote is destroying games. People like shooters so developers make shooters. Is it the only genre? Nope, far from it. Are shooters very popular? Yes, and always have been since back with the original Doom and Duke Nukem and before that. Destroying? Lets not get overly dramatic. This isn't high school. :shock:

AmyMizuno

Microsoft marketed Mass Effect as a shooter because they thought it would help the game sell better. If you were to turn on auto-leveling, you could practically play the game as a third person shooter anyway. I think that calling it evolution is a bit of a stretch. I would call it the merging of two genres.

Bold and underlined part is very loosely put. I agree. That was my point. Merger can be part of the evolution of the games however. In no way is it destroying games though. I suppose you have your opinion and that's fine but genres are going to be mixed as time goes on. That's just the way it is.

Tasman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tasman_basic
Member since 2002 • 3255 Posts
wow I just read the exact opposite of how i feel

Games suck now where are the menu based movies with no gameplay and animue lame stories.

Hoestly give me a game with no story but fun gameplay. I dont need a reason to have fun as long as it IS fun. So JRPGs are WAY down the bottom of my list.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

WHERE ARE THE JAPANESE GAMES? It's as if Japanese game developers have simply gone MIA. What in the world could they be doing?

AmyMizuno

PS3 hardware sales in Japan are absolutely miserable. Making a game for it is expensive. Japanese devs were planning on PS3 to some what be a PS2. None of the above happened.

Thus you don't have a wide array of Japanese Support as well as Dragon Quest Japan's biggest franchise switching over to handhelds.

Ifail to see how this is Microsoft's fault and how they are destroying gaming. They've given Japanese developers a profitable place to make money as well as to even support their platform with JRPGS. If Microsoft is destroying gaming then Sony killed console gaming in Japan. And no I don't say is killing I mean they killed it as in its already dead.

CassiusGaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CassiusGaius
Member since 2006 • 865 Posts
[QUOTE="CassiusGaius"]

AmyMizuno

Its not saying much, but its the reality. MS does have a greater diversity on its system, why not discuss why the PS3 library is horrible right now? The PS3 has one freaking JRPG, one. Its also a port of a 360 JRPG.

I just understand the rational, as someone that owns both systems, it makes sense to point at the sub par system. The PS3 lacks diversity. Its best games are mutliplats and the 360 flat out has better exclusives and has more freaking JRPGs under its belt.

So, why is it Microsoft's fault for providing the best software diversity when compared to its competition.

Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

Would anyone else agree with me that this has been the worst generation for gaming? Seriously, every other game is a shooter. Heck, even the RPGs and the platform games are now trying to be shooters-- just look at Mass Effect.

I'm so sick of this current wave of games, and I don't know who to blame. Of course, I'd like to blame Microsoft, because most the games I despise are on the Xbox 360, but is it really their fault? What about the people who purchase these dreadful games? The fact of the matter is, regardless of quality, most shooters sell beyond expectations… even awful games like Kane and Lynch sold well.

Last time I checked, Japan was still on the world map, so I'm pretty sure that global warming hasn't yet turned their country into Atlantis. One question: WHERE ARE THE JAPANESE GAMES? It's as if Japanese game developers have simply gone MIA. What in the world could they be doing?

This generation has been the worst, every game is starting to feel the same, and I'm becoming bored of videogames. Most gaming generations have had arms races. For example, which could produce the best graphics, best sound, best stories… but this generation, the arms races are more literal. Who can produce the bigger guns, and more muscular men?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Call of Duty 4, but I am not anticipating the sequel, and it will eventually come.

PS: Am I still the only person who enjoys single player campaigns? Yeah, I hardly even touch the multiplayer in most of my games. I have an Xbox Live account, and I don't even use it.

AmyMizuno

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/12/xbox-360-only-17-shooter-games-22-of-good-games/2

---

Just because a lot of the most hyped games are shooters doesnt mean there are not a lot of great non shooters on the system.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

I don't like the direction the 360 is taking the industry in. I think it's the wrong direction, and every game is starting to feel the same. If you actually read my original post, you would see that. Saying that the 360 has the most diverse library of this gen isn't saying much, and I wouldn't even agree with you anyway.

I've had more fun lately with my Wii, than with my 360. Did you play Metroid Prime 3? It was incredible.

AmyMizuno

Ok...

Non shooters on 360:

Orange Box (Portal), Oblivion, Rock Band, Guitar Hero 3, Mass Effect, Rez HD, Forza 2, Castlevania: SotN, Virtua Fighter 5, PGR, Burnout Paradise, Puzzle Quest, Geometry Wars, Ikaruga, Skate, DoA4, Bomberman Live, Fight Night Round 3, Viva Pinata, Dead Rising, Super Puzzle Fighter 2, NBA 2K series, NBA Live series, NASCAR series, Madden series, DiRT, N+, Crackdown, Need for Speed series, GTA IV, Saints Row, Catan, FIFA, Rockstar's Table Tennis, Assassin's Creed, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, UNO, The BiGS, Ace Combat 6, Command & Conquer 3, Lego Star Wars, Tomb Raider, Marble Blast, Kameo, Cloning Clyde, Wik: Fable of Souls, Bully, Virtual Tennis, LotR:BfME, MotoGP, FlatOut, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Undertow, Carcassonne, Outpost Kaloki X, RoboBlitz, The Godfather, Every Extend Extra Extreme, Lumines, Overlord, Culdecept SAGA, Stuntman Ignition, Small Arms, Worms, Omega Five, Scene It, GripShift, Beautiful Katamari, The Simpson's Game, Enchanted Arms

Has to be at least 70 non-shooters that have a GR rating of A or better. How many games does the average gamer play in a console generation (and we are only 3 years into this one)? And thats not looking at any upcoming titles, any Wii games (retail or WiiWare), PSP games, PS3 games (retail or PSN), DS games, or PC games.

Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts
[QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="AmyMizuno"]

Would anyone else agree with me that this has been the worst generation for gaming? Seriously, every other game is a shooter. Heck, even the RPGs and the platform games are now trying to be shooters-- just look at Mass Effect.

I'm so sick of this current wave of games, and I don't know who to blame. Of course, I'd like to blame Microsoft, because most the games I despise are on the Xbox 360, but is it really their fault? What about the people who purchase these dreadful games? The fact of the matter is, regardless of quality, most shooters sell beyond expectations… even awful games like Kane and Lynch sold well.

Last time I checked, Japan was still on the world map, so I'm pretty sure that global warming hasn't yet turned their country into Atlantis. One question: WHERE ARE THE JAPANESE GAMES? It's as if Japanese game developers have simply gone MIA. What in the world could they be doing?

This generation has been the worst, every game is starting to feel the same, and I'm becoming bored of videogames. Most gaming generations have had arms races. For example, which could produce the best graphics, best sound, best stories… but this generation, the arms races are more literal. Who can produce the bigger guns, and more muscular men?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Call of Duty 4, but I am not anticipating the sequel, and it will eventually come.

PS: Am I still the only person who enjoys single player campaigns? Yeah, I hardly even touch the multiplayer in most of my games. I have an Xbox Live account, and I don't even use it.

AmyMizuno

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/12/xbox-360-only-17-shooter-games-22-of-good-games/2

---

Just because a lot of the most hyped games are shooters doesnt mean there are not a lot of great non shooters on the system.

Whatever. It certianly doesn't feel that way. Perhaps because all the other genres, including action, action/adventure, platforming, RPGs, and even free-roaming games all have shooting elements.

By shooters I didn't mean only first person shooters. I meant games with guns in general. This would include GTA4, Mass Effect, and virtually every 360 game.

Just like those Japanese games you're crying out for. Final fantasy, Resident evil, Silent Hill, Metal Gear solid, ect. the list goes on. All of them have guns and all are Japanese games that have been around for ages.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

---

justforlotr2004

Whatever. It certianly doesn't feel that way.Amymizuno

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW YOU FEEL!

The fact of the matter is this. There are a lot of good games on 360 that aren't shooters and that sell a lot of copies.

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts

AmyMizuno
.....Sooo you wasted money on an account you never use???

On top of that.

Many people on have their .

Out of this whole rant you only mentioned COD4?There are other games that are pretty good like humm Bioshock,Mass effect and many others.

Soo im wondering,u say Ms is destroying Videogames i mean how is that possible?I think you need to expand your view here if your gonna be judgemental at least include everyone else because Microsoft isn't the only company in gaming you know.

WhatTheDunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WhatTheDunk
Member since 2008 • 338 Posts
You despise games? I thought people were supposed to play games. Also, why blame micriosoft for every other game being shooters? Every console has them, and PC had them first.
Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

At this point for any cows or any fanboy for that matter still saying 360 is a shooter only console must have a very low I.Q. to the point of borderline braindead.

360 has more RPGs then the PS3 in both WRPG and JRPG, more racing games,only console with RTS games, a bunch of party/music games, a ton of adventure games. 360 has the largest and most diverse game libary of the 3 consoles.

As far as the PS3- 2 of the best selling games so far for the PS3 are CoD4 and RFoM-More threads are made about KZ2 then any other game. Second most threads is prolly MGS4 a stealth game but also plenty of shooting.