Thank you X-Play Ahh God of War 3.... 360 WHO ?

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GTR_FX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 GTR_FX
Member since 2009 • 1121 Posts
I think you watched the cgi trailer or something cuz gow3 looks average at best
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
I think you watched the cgi trailer or something cuz gow3 looks average at bestGTR_FX
Exactly! Its pre alpha and yet its already average!
tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 tok1879
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3nut"] Oh you didn't hear, Nintendo is not even a consideration in these forums, because these forums are for current up to date console hardware. Sorry dude, but without HD graphics, Hard drive, a GHZ processor, serious online play, the Wii is definitely last gen. Now i won't report you, but chances are you shouldn't be in this forum, you should probably go over to V-Tech.com, Fisher Price.com or obsolete hardware.com.Haziqonfire
... is this what system wars has been reduced to, really?

...that made me LOL!
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#54 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Yes, because one game is all it takes to make a winner.
360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Ah the good ol' "_____ will be so much better because of graphics upgrade and a shiny new move or ability."

Yeah should I even list the games that followed that formula.

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#56 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

LOL, anyone who saw friday the 13th's X-Play episode can no longer deny the domination of the PS3, God of War 3 is by far the most gorgeous game to date on any system and it will crush any previous game ever released in both reviews and sales.

Not to mention the endless list of such other PS3 exclusives to release this year like, Killzone 2, White Knight Chronicles, Infamous, MLB 09 The Show, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain.

Then to make the same episode of X-Play even better the guy from Microsoft fumbled over the question of how the 360 will compete with all these mega franchise exclusives coming out for PS3 this year, all he kept talking about was that new Xbox Experience, which by the way isn't so new anymore and doesn't hold a candle to HOME, especially when HOME get's it's EA sports complex update in March.

LOL we tried to tell you 360 fanboys the time of the PS3 is nearly upon us and now your puny RROD machine will be crushed, ahh i have thirsted for this moment since your over hyped and under achieved game releases of Halo 3, Gears and Mass Effect, and now you'll finally see what a real gaming company can do that has built up real phenomenal hit franchises.

So if i were you 360 boys, i'd run out and trade off that future RROD console of yours and pick up a PS3, because as sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west you will be salivating for a PS3 once these games come out.

PS3nut
lol i cant take you serious you just sound so desperate im speechless could you explain why you hate the 360 is it because it outsells the PS3 or your a sony fanboy that hates the fact that the giant that is sony is 3rd place?
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

[QUOTE="GTR_FX"]I think you watched the cgi trailer or something cuz gow3 looks average at bestNinjaMunkey01

It won't get much better then that if at all. Look at the Killzone 2 pre-alpha from 2007 to now and it doesn't look a whole lot better.

Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts

[QUOTE="GTR_FX"]I think you watched the cgi trailer or something cuz gow3 looks average at bestNinjaMunkey01

lmao! exactly, once its out it will blow every1 away!

GTR_FX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GTR_FX
Member since 2009 • 1121 Posts

[QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"][QUOTE="GTR_FX"]I think you watched the cgi trailer or something cuz gow3 looks average at bestnVidiaGaMer

It won't get much better then that if at all. Look at the Killzone 2 pre-alpha from 2007 to now and it doesn't look a whole lot better.

you look it you know what your talking about, games never look drastically different from the alpha build to the final build, look at MGS4 (which got a downgrade), uncharted, NG2, GT5, KZ2
Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts

[QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"][QUOTE="GTR_FX"]I think you watched the cgi trailer or something cuz gow3 looks average at bestnVidiaGaMer

u gota be kidding :lol:

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="PS3nut"]

LOL, anyone who saw friday the 13th's X-Play episode can no longer deny the domination of the PS3, God of War 3 is by far the most gorgeous game to date on any system and it will crush any previous game ever released in both reviews and sales.

Not to mention the endless list of such other PS3 exclusives to release this year like, Killzone 2, White Knight Chronicles, Infamous, MLB 09 The Show, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain.

Then to make the same episode of X-Play even better the guy from Microsoft fumbled over the question of how the 360 will compete with all these mega franchise exclusives coming out for PS3 this year, all he kept talking about was that new Xbox Experience, which by the way isn't so new anymore and doesn't hold a candle to HOME, especially when HOME get's it's EA sports complex update in March.

LOL we tried to tell you 360 fanboys the time of the PS3 is nearly upon us and now yourpuny RROD machine will be crushed, ahh i have thirsted for this moment since your over hyped and under achieved game releases of Halo 3, Gears and Mass Effect, and now you'll finally see what a real gaming company can do that has built up real phenomenal hit franchises.

So if i were you 360 boys, i'd run out and trade off that future RROD console of yours and pick up a PS3, because as sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west you will be salivating for a PS3 once these games come out.

yep, pretty sweet. we only have to wait another year.

most Retail websites are stating its due Dec. 31 2009....even if it took longer, that doesnt make 360 any better.

i never said it was. but waiting is certainy no bragging right.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3nut"][QUOTE="player_leo"][QUOTE="PS3nut"]

LOL we tried to tell you 360 fanboys the time of the PS3 is nearly upon us and now your puny RROD machine will be crushed, ahh i have thirsted for this moment since your over hyped and under achieved game releases of Halo 3, Gears and Mass Effect, and now you'll finally see what a real gaming company can do that has built up real phenomenal hit franchises.

Eh, your endless list of games is pretty short. And what happened to GT5. I guess that game no longer looks good anymore compared to the grphx king KZ2 and the next grphx king GoW3. Oh, besides KZ2, will any of those other games see the light of day in 09. My magic 8-ball say 'not likely'.

First of all i didn't list all of the PS3 exclusives, and even if this were all of them it still a longer and more quality list of games than the 360 has coming in 09.

really? where did you get your time machine?
Avatar image for BirdmanJr_basic
BirdmanJr_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 BirdmanJr_basic
Member since 2003 • 198 Posts

I've owned a 360 since Gears came out and a PS3 since Jan. 2008. I bought the PS3 because I thought MGS4 would be amazing and for blu-ray movies. To put it in perspective, I have 3 PS3 games: Warhawk, Folklore, and MGS4. I have close to 45 Xbox 360 games. Yes, I've played the big hitters on PS3, like Uncharted, Resistance 1 & 2 (mp beta), Motorstorm, LBP, Home, etc. I've seen the new God of War trailer. As an owner of both (and a Wii...that's another story), I think that the 360 is a much better console. Home was really boring, and all I hear are excuses - "Just wait, just wait." As a PS3 owner, I'm tired of waiting. MGS4 wasn't the "best game ever." Killzone 2's graphics aren't as mind blowing as everyone seems to think. I don't get the hype of God of War 3...it really looks like God of War HD. But let me guess...I need to "wait" because it's an early build or something, right? I was a hardcore Sony fan the past 2 gens. They've dropped the ball and probably won't pick it back up until next gen. 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 are the year of the PS3 right? Back to waiting I guess.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 NinjaMunkey01

Killzone 2 got much better... Its all the final touches, finishing off textures ect. There was a big diffeence imo, the addition of loads of effects and small details.
PvtGump8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 PvtGump8
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3nut"][QUOTE="player_leo"][QUOTE="PS3nut"]

OK. We've heard that before. I just hope PlayStation 3 gets a surprisingly good year, as Xbox 360 is the console that crushed all other in terms of A, AA and AAA games rated by critics in 2006, 2007 and 2008.

TheAnnihilation

Meh...PS3 already has better games:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/is-the-wii-failing-to-meet-it
s-potential-/1281752

Using figures from review aggregation site Metacritic.com, almost half of Wii games released since the console launched in 2006 have scored below 65%, compared with about a third of Xbox 360 and PS3 titles. And 65% is a pretty crappy aggregate score, considering that many game review sites rarely score below 50%.

Raise the bar to 85%, and the difference is even more pronounced: 360 owners can play twice as many games rated above 85% as Wii owners, while the PS3 nearly triples Nintendo's numbers.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3nut"] Oh you didn't hear, Nintendo is not even a consideration in these forums, because these forums are for current up to date console hardware. Sorry dude, but without HD graphics, Hard drive, a GHZ processor, serious online play, the Wii is definitely last gen. Now i won't report you, but chances are you shouldn't be in this forum, you should probably go over to V-Tech.com, Fisher Price.com or obsolete hardware.com.Haziqonfire

Isn't it funny how, before the Wii launched, a lot of people were claiming it wouldn't sell at all and was going to ruin Nintendo, but now that it's crushing MS and Sony's nuts, it's all of a sudden "not a direct competitor."
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
These fanboy threads are all the same. Praising the newest game as the next coming of Jesus. Don't you guys ever remember the older games... You know, the ones that got AA or AAA, or do you all just jump to the next biggest thing around?
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

The whole hack-n-slash genre gets a huge

from me.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
[QUOTE="EndorphinMaster"]Every time I open a thread like this, it's basically the same thing I've been seeing since 2007PS3nut
What ever, you guy's make all the comments you want, but the fact is Sony is about to show you why Microsoft's 1 year head start in the market with 360 will not make one bit of difference. If you'll excuse the Lord of the Rings pun, " Prepare for the Return of the King".

:| are you married to Sony or something?
redCloudJ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 redCloudJ7
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts

God of War 3 is by far the most gorgeous game to date on any system and it will crush any previous game ever released in both reviews and sales.PS3nut

No. This is complete bull****. :lol:

Your a fake boy aren't you?

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 NinjaMunkey01
[QUOTE="PS3nut"][QUOTE="EndorphinMaster"]Every time I open a thread like this, it's basically the same thing I've been seeing since 2007SAGE_OF_FIRE
What ever, you guy's make all the comments you want, but the fact is Sony is about to show you why Microsoft's 1 year head start in the market with 360 will not make one bit of difference. If you'll excuse the Lord of the Rings pun, " Prepare for the Return of the King".

:| are you married to Sony or something?

Lol probably :lol: Either this or hes dared to say this sort of stuff, theres no other reason for it...
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
If you think God of War 3 is going to save the PS3, your delusional.
Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="PS3nut"] Oh you didn't hear, Nintendo is not even a consideration in these forums, because these forums are for current up to date console hardware. Sorry dude, but without HD graphics, Hard drive, a GHZ processor, serious online play, the Wii is definitely last gen. Now i won't report you, but chances are you shouldn't be in this forum, you should probably go over to V-Tech.com, Fisher Price.com or obsolete hardware.com.22Toothpicks

Isn't it funny how, before the Wii launched, a lot of people were claiming it wouldn't sell at all and was going to ruin Nintendo, but now that it's crushing MS and Sony's nuts, it's all of a sudden "not a direct competitor."

I agree. I love how this went down, terribly ironic.

It's like being in grade school, bigger kids (with their one year advantage) who run their mouths about how much they COULD beat you up, are the first to pull the "I don't fight, fighting doesn't solve anything" when it actually comes down to it.

The bottom line is that all three companies make the same products. They fight for the same customers (ie. anyone who will spend money on videogames) and they fight for the same retail shelf space in stores.

Nintendo's 45 million console sales, to Microsoft's 28 or Sony's 22? Yeah, I wouldn't dare compete with that either.

Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts
X-Play? that show has sucked since 2006, but GoW3 does look good not the greatest
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#77 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

PS3nut
You know I'd pick Halo, Gears and Mass Effect over any of those PS3 exclusives
Avatar image for jamacian_zombie
jamacian_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 jamacian_zombie
Member since 2008 • 310 Posts
Yes, the game is going to kick ass. Now can we stop hyping it?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#79 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]These fanboy threads are all the same. Praising the newest game as the next coming of Jesus. Don't you guys ever remember the older games... You know, the ones that got AA or AAA, or do you all just jump to the next biggest thing around?

Exactly, and these types of threads are getting a little boring IMO.
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#80 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
yes god of war 3 look good but will not make ps3 king and all console have good games coming out plus ps3 is not going to beat the wii .
Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

Nope...

Girsej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Girsej
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts

Why is everyone so infatuated with graphics? It does look good, NOT the best thing on consoles, yet. I think it'll get prettier, as in more polished but that's it.

Just a note before I continue: Pushing hardware does not mean equal OMFG graphics.

I don't think you should expect the console version of Crisis. After reading all the interviews with the staff of Sony Santa Monica it's quite clear that their real focus is SCOPE. Scope as in this-level-is-actually-a-titan-moving-up-mount-olympos with all the physics and whatnot that comes along with that. Think bigger than Shadow of the Colossus and it should be quite clear why this could be a kickass game ^^

So, in conclusion, not the prettiest game to grace consoles but quite possibly the biggest in scope. And don't come near me with your fanboy crap, if anything I'm pro-Playstation 'cause it has given me some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, and seeing their line-up it will continue to do so.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

PS3nut

you know even if Sony does beat Microsoft they still have Nintendo to deal with and nobody is capable of outselling them this gen

MrSlippery39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#84 MrSlippery39
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts
I swear I've seen hundreds of these threads lately, and they all sound the exact same =/.
one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#85 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
Anyone got a link to this GodOW3 episode? I don't have G4TV anymore, I'll search around.
Stiggsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Stiggsx
Member since 2009 • 92 Posts
Translation: Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Stiggsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Stiggsx
Member since 2009 • 92 Posts
[QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"][QUOTE="TheAnnihilation"]

1) Crysis owns your poor, little God of War III in graphics.

2) Halo 3's day-1 sales could laugh at God of War III's overall sales.

:lol:

1) yes, this is true 2) also true, but lets he honest, we all know wed rather be playing God of war 3

funny thing is people r gonna be playing halo 3 long after god of war 3 dies down and starts collecting dust on shelves everywhere