Team Meat says Kinect is garbage.

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Bad-School-Girl
Bad-School-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Bad-School-Girl
Member since 2010 • 880 Posts
Better than them selling out to Mircrosoft. Give them a damn break.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Funny how lemmings defend Kinect after bashing the Wii for years...:|

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendonly"]

"Any game after that, and please anybody chime in and tell me the games that I'm missing here, because I've played a lot of Wii games and there's not one Wii game other than Wii Sports that actually uses these controls and makes the game fun because of it.

meetroid8

There are dozens of games that have been improved upon by motion controls and the IR cursor. He clearly hasn't play a lot of Wii games.

Metroid 3 would be just as fun with a standard controller, and that is his point he means games that could only be done on the wiimote and were fun because of the wiimote. he missed a few other games like boom blox and zack and wiki, but besides them I don't think there was many games that were really great because of the wiimote.

ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 ABCarmine
Member since 2011 • 1937 Posts

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"]He speaks the truth. You could easily add Move to the garbage list too.rumbalumba

LOLWUT. Move is an alternate controller for a ton of games. Kinect, you can't really use it as its individual, standalone controller for the core titles. there's a difference.

Move and Kinect are both a joke, just like motion gaming. The wii is the only standable one.

APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 APiranhaAteMyVa
Also he went on to say this:
Gameplay is what matters. Good game design. It's almost as if they thought developers said 's**t, we've hit a wall and we can't design fun games anymore, and can't innovate through game design itself, we need all these crazy-ass peripherals that are going to help break through barriers and find new uncharted territory.' No, just f***ing sit down and come up with a new genre. Chris Hecker came up with a new genre - Spy Party - so I guarantee other people can too. Minecraft - a creative MMO. And Katamari too. We don't need peripherals. Edmund McMillen
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Nintendonly"]

"Any game after that, and please anybody chime in and tell me the games that I'm missing here, because I've played a lot of Wii games and there's not one Wii game other than Wii Sports that actually uses these controls and makes the game fun because of it.

APiranhaAteMyVa

There are dozens of games that have been improved upon by motion controls and the IR cursor. He clearly hasn't play a lot of Wii games.

Metroid 3 would be just as fun with a standard controller, and that is his point he means games that could only be done on the wiimote and were fun because of the wiimote. he missed a few other games like boom blox and zack and wiki, but besides them I don't think there was many games that were really great because of the wiimote.

Metroid Prime 3 would be much worse with a standard controller. The enemies were designed with weak points that couldn't hit be hit by just locking on to them, it requires free aiming, the former control scheme wouldn't have worked. He said "makes the game fun", there are dozens of games that are made fun by motion controls.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#57 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I don't disagree.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#58 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

He is correct, despite Super Meat Boy being lame. The best use of the Wii's motion controls was Wii Sports. After that, the best games barely utilized motion at all. Move is a lame copycat and Kinect is even worse for removing the buttons altogether.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Well one thing they got right was that they produced one of the best DD games of the gen. For the platform it was intended for it's an AAA game in every aspect.

However it sounds like they're morons.

It's also ironic that they are ripping of zelda 1 for their next game :P Game looks weak though :(

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

meetroid8

Such as? The only game that actually used the motion controls and made improvements to me is SMG.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SuperFlakeman

He is correct, despite Super Meat Boy being lame. The best use of the Wii's motion controls was Wii Sports. After that, the best games barely utilized motion at all. Move is a lame copycat and Kinect is even worse for removing the buttons altogether.

NeonNinja

Metroid Prime Trilogy, GoldenEye, Mario Kart, Okami, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Wii Sports Resort, Skyward Sword all benefit heavily from the Wiimote+Nunchuck+MotionPlus setup.

These games are all better played on Wii.

Mario Kart's Wii Wheel is 10 times more fun to use, but if you insist, there's still other, "traditional" i.e. ancient ways to control it.

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Nintendonly"]

APiranhaAteMyVa

Any Tiger Woods game from 10 on, anyone????

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

GD1551

Such as? The only game that actually used the motion controls and made improvements to me is SMG.

Yes, to you SMG is the only game that was improved by Wii controls. Either you haven't played many other Wii games or for some reason dislike motion controls, I'm not going to try to change your opinion.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#64 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts
Pretty much, Most Wii Games hardly use Motion Controls like Wii Sports. They may have a waggle or two but aside from FPSs and Wii Sports most games on the Wii hardly use or need motion to play.
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 APiranhaAteMyVa

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

SuperFlakeman

Metroid Prime Trilogy, GoldenEye, Mario Kart, Okami, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Wii Sports Resort, Skyward Sword all benefit heavily from the Wiimote+Nunchuck+MotionPlus setup.

These games are all better played on Wii.

Mario Kart's Wii Wheel is 10 times more fun to use, but if you insist, there's still other, "traditional" i.e. ancient ways to control it.

Okami and Mario galaxy 1&2 both had inconsistent motion controls the star bit collecting and hovering from star to star could only be done on the wiimote, but then they decided to tack on the dreadful waggle attacks. Okami had nice painting controls, but dreadful waggle attacks too.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

meetroid8

Yes, to you SMG is the only game that was improved by Wii controls. Either you haven't played many other Wii games or for some reason dislike motion controls, I'm not going to try to change your opinion.

So in other words, none?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#67 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Yes it is. And so many people bought it :lol: it doesn't even work half the time. This gen is like a joke on consumers.

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

I agree with them.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

"It's painful because they justify it by saying 'a lot of people bought it', but that's just marketing."

Oh man, this is, like, the smartest thing I've ever heard come out of any developer's mouth about anything.

However, Boom Blox on the Wii is the poop, and uses motion controls better than any other game out there. Wii sports doesn't even use motion controls well, every action is the same movement from a different angle.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts
I have to agree that it is garbage when comes to gaming. Kinect should have been used for flipping through ebooks pages and other educational stuffs. Or flip though movie list . How r u suppose to use that garbage to play streetfighter n racing games?? Even fps games r terrible. Sorry but gamepad or something to hold will b around for a very long time
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Its more or less what im saying 5 years now , with all this Wii stick fuss. What we need is BETTER GAMES , IN GAME gameplay innovations and revolutions. NOT fancy controllers. What i mean ---> If we could play SMG2 with pad as well , the ingame experience would be exactly the same. Period!! score also.. 10! period! Fancy controllers like Wii U for example WONT change gaming , like Wiis stick in the end didnt change anything... IN GAME gameplay is all that matters.

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

I agree the kinect is grabage.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

That's a very bold move on their part.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

[QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"]He speaks the truth. You could easily add Move to the garbage list too.ABCarmine

LOLWUT. Move is an alternate controller for a ton of games. Kinect, you can't really use it as its individual, standalone controller for the core titles. there's a difference.

Move and Kinect are both a joke, just like motion gaming. The wii is the only standable one.

Wii is only standable when the games are developed by Nintendo. Other than that I pretty much despise all of motion controls in gaming

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#75 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts
sin & punishment (developed by Treasure) actually makes great use of the Wii controls and is extremely fun with them. The Wiimote actually feels more intuitive than using a standard controller for both successor of the earth and star successor. tho, I wouldn't mind seeing those that have played the game disagree with me, but I know from experience (I truly prefer a gamepad > motion controls and I've tried with star successor) that the motion controller is more fun and feels WAY better.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SuperFlakeman

Okami and Mario galaxy 1&2 both had inconsistent motion controls the star bit collecting and hovering from star to star could only be done on the wiimote, but then they decided to tack on the dreadful waggle attacks. Okami had nice painting controls, but dreadful waggle attacks too.APiranhaAteMyVa

Dodge (optional move) on Okami Wii was broken but the pointer made the game more fun.

I got 242 stars in both Galaxy games and completed the grandmaster galaxy; flawless controls.

Yeah I can understand the waggle attack in Okami, but you get used to it, it needs good timing to perform combos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I agree, Kinect is total garbage.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

They also found only two fun games on the Wii.

nintendoboy16
Well, no. They didn't say that there aren't any good games. They said there aren't any games that are good because of the motion controls. Nobody will deny that Mario Galaxy is a good game but it would be just as good with a gamepad.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
I think by now even a brain washed lemming knows that Kinect is garbage.
ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ABCarmine
Member since 2011 • 1937 Posts

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

[QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

commonfate

Wii is only standable when the games are developed by Nintendo. Other than that I pretty much despise all of motion controls in gaming

Agreed, but Madworld was great.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#81 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41558 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

nethernova
Well, no. They didn't say that there aren't any good games. They said there aren't any games that are good because of the motion controls. Nobody will deny that Mario Galaxy is a good game but it would be just as good with a gamepad.

I'm sorry, but I cannot see Galaxy work with a standard controller. Whatever the game had with motion controls proved that. Collecting star bits would be a nightmare.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#82 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
You mean the developers who made a game that requires precise and responsive controls, don't like Kinect? :P
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

They also found only two fun games on the Wii. Jeez, Team Meat you wanted Super Meat Boy on the Wii (but you couldn't due to Ninty's limit, which is understandable) first and you upright bash that too? WTF!

nintendoboy16

No, they didn't. They said they could only think of two games that utilized the motion controls for the Wii that were fun.

AlphaJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 AlphaJC
Member since 2010 • 712 Posts
I am an Xbox 360 gamer and I want Kinect to shrivle and die, it has infected the 360 and now we only get 1 or 2 good exclusives every year. I want games Microsoft I want games.
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

and rightfully so

Henrique2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#86 Henrique2324
Member since 2008 • 635 Posts

Kinect must die.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i find it funny that after team meat sells out to MS and they spend half the time after super meat boy comes out complaining about MS no matter how much i dislike kinect i see team meat are jokes
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#88 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
these men speak the truth
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#89 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Agree about Kinect. Disagree about the Wiimote.

I haven't seen anything really great using Kinect yet, though Child of Eden might use it well -- I don't know, I haven't tried it. I'm still waiting for a point and click adventure with Kinect. That was one of the first things I thought of when I saw it ... and no developer has done that yet.

With the Wii there have been many great games that use the motion controller well. Any game that uses the pointer generally uses it well. All three of the Trauma Center/Team games worked well with it. Wii Sports Resort was a great showcase for Motion Plus, as was Red Steel 2 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 and beyond. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will probably be the best use of the Wiimote thus far too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
[QUOTE="nethernova"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

nintendoboy16

I'm sorry, but I cannot see Galaxy work with a standard controller. Whatever the game had with motion controls proved that. Collecting star bits would be a nightmare.

So then they remove the star bits. Problem solved, and you won't have to waggle your way through the game.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

Meh. These are devs who aren't even making real deal games. Their blind hatred and questionable abilities are probably why they can only make $15 XBLA titles. This would mean more to me if a real game company had said it. Right now it's some dudes who are barely above random guy on the internet.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Big mouths. You made 1 great game, come back when you do something innovative and exciting and I might give a damn about your opinion team meat.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ActicEdge

Agree about Kinect. Disagree about the Wiimote.

I haven't seen anything really great using Kinect yet, though Child of Eden might use it well -- I don't know, I haven't tried it. I'm still waiting for a point and click adventure with Kinect. That was one of the first things I thought of when I saw it ... and no developer has done that yet.

With the Wii there have been many great games that use the motion controller well. Any game that uses the pointer generally uses it well. All three of the Trauma Center/Team games worked well with it. Wii Sports Resort was a great showcase for Motion Plus, as was Red Steel 2 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 and beyond. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will probably be the best use of the Wiimote thus far too.

Haziqonfire

Zack and Wiki.

Zelda might have it down for combat though.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#95 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Zack and Wiki.

ActicEdge

Oh yeah, I forgot about Zack and Wiki. It also had some really unique ways to use the remote. I still need to beat it :oops:.

I'm really interested to see how puzzles will work with motion plus in Skyward Sword, along with the combat.

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

Thats his opinion, and while many hardcore players may agree with him, he made him and his team look like a bunch of

extremely unprofessional trolls.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
I think we should wait and see how skyward sword turns out before completely dismissing motion controls as useless (for action games anyway).
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Zack and Wiki.

Haziqonfire

Oh yeah, I forgot about Zack and Wiki. It also had some really unique ways to use the remote. I still need to beat it :oops:.

I'm really interested to see how puzzles will work with motion plus in Skyward Sword, along with the combat.

I never beat it either. Last level tried my patience too much. (it was good but I don't have 3 hours to sit and contemplate plus put up with the BS sword fighting.

I think the combat in SS will be ace, I don't think the motion puzzles will be good at all though.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

They also found only two fun games on the Wii. Jeez, Team Meat you wanted Super Meat Boy on the Wii (but you couldn't due to Ninty's limit, which is understandable) first and you upright bash that too? WTF!

nintendoboy16
He didn't say only two "fun" games. He said there's "not one Wii game other than Wii Sports that actually uses these controls and makes the game fun because of it." which is pretty understandable. There's a couple more for me, but when he talks about the controls generally not improving gaming he's very right. That goes for Kinect and Move too.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Bahahahahah, damn straight Team Meat, exactly my thoughts on the subject! Kinect is/was a waste of time...