Taking a moment to show some appreciation: A Microsoft Story -- Tell yours too!

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

I thank M$ for destroying legendary developers like FASA, Ensemble, Digital Anvil, Lionhead, Rare and almost killing Platinum Gamesl. Also for introducing rip offs like kidnapping online play behind a pay wall, making microtransactions and temporal exclusivity a thing. Also for releasing the console with the highest error rates ever in the history of gaming. I would like to thank them too for their lack of compromise to developing gaming further and having a pathetic first party and a lack of vision to create new and successful franchises. Finally I would like to thank them for monopolizing the PC environment making it more difficult to have true universal compatibility between PC Operating Systems which could push gaming even further. So thanks M$, for nothing.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17434 Posts

@dakur said:

They're not called lemmings for nothing...

Check his posting history, its pretty clear that he is a fakeboy

NorseFetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 NorseFetus
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

@dakur said:

I thank M$ for destroying legendary developers like FASA, Ensemble, Digital Anvil, Lionhead, Rare and almost killing Polyphony Digital. Also for introducing rip offs like kidnapping online play behind a pay wall, making microtransactions and temporal exclusivity a thing. Also for releasing the console with the highest error rates ever in the history of gaming. I would like to thank them too for their lack of compromise to developing gaming further and having a pathetic first party and a lack of vision to create new and successful franchises. Finally I would like to thank them for monopolizing the PC environment making it more difficult to have true universal compatibility between PC Operating Systems which could push gaming even further. So thanks M$, for nothing.

**** that sarcasm **** it. I wanted a real letter it is what I wanted. NOT THIS JUMBLED MESS OF HATE! Everyone reading this saw your message for what it was the bitter message of someone probably banned from Xbox Live for hate speech. The sheer gall demonstrated in your post is what pisses me off the most.

Microsoft works their ass off for computer gamers and without Microsof there would be no PC games. Windows is so much better than Linux or Apple's operating system. You thought you were being clever with this but all that you ended up doing was making all the pro Microsoft people in the thread look like geniuses, so I guess I should thank you for that.

None of those studios that you mentioned can blame Microsoft for their being shut down. Not one single one of them have anyone to blame but themselves and their shitty decisions that they have made. Polyphony Digital is a Sony studio so you can not even get your facts right.

Microsoft did not kidnap online play behind a pay wall. They optimized the online experience so that you enjoy little to no disconnects versus PC gaming where you constantly disconnect. Naturally they are going to charge money for such excellent service.

Microtransactions are a good thing for the consumer. Why pay a ton of money for one expansion pack when you can pay bits and pieces for what you do and do not want. One example is Killer Instinct for Xbox One and in that game you can select which fighters you want to include in your roster or purchase them all.

Temporal exclusivity happens because Microsoft wants to give their gamers the best first and deliver sloppy seconds to the rest of you. If you do not like temporal exclusivity than buy the Xbox One. With that system ( the best system) you do not have to wait for a game to come to your platform.

The RROD is not even that big of a deal to be honest and all three have had hardware troubles like the PS3's YLOD. What minimizes the RROD further is Microsoft's willingness to replace systems that experienced the issues or repair it for a small fee. Also Microsoft's customer service as pointed out in this thread by others is good.

Before I touch this last point I want you to know your message made me so upset that I almost chewed my thumb off. My thumb is really hurting and has teeth marks on it and is bleeding slightly. Luckily I will just pour alcohol on it but you are lucky it was not bleeding as in blood coming out and was just scraped or I would possibly be able to sue you.

Finally Microsoft does invest in quality first party titles. Look at Sunset Overdrive , Sea of Thieves, and Recore. Not to mention the brilliant visions they have for already established franchises.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@NorseFetus: there are only two correct things in your whole rant. 1) is not polyphony digital you're right, I meant to say Platinum Games. 2) that you're angry. Everything else is wrong

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Dear MS,

Why isn't Freelancer on GOG? Also, I will never forget you for shutting down Ensemble, ditching Rise of Nations, and not making Age of Mythology 2.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44094 Posts

Thank you based MS, for the gamers, by the gamers and all that jazz. :P

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

@doomdizzle: blah blah blah. No one is "buying batteries". We swap our rechargeables every 40 - 50 hours. It's not 2005 anymore. We don't plug in our controllers. Wow...

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Jesus...........

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

When the OG Xbox released I spent many hours playing Jet Grind Radio and halo 1 :) . Then I moved on to the 360 and fell in love with the console . Then the xb1 was released and I jumped off a sinking ship and hop on the PS4 yacht and enjoyed the ride ever since . Reasons for me to move over to PS4 is due to games . MS didn't have any games that I was interested in , I was franchise fatigue with Halo and Gears that i wanted something new to play, but with MS making mistakes and sticking to their same old cookie cutter ways, they lost a loyal fan ( me)

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@NorseFetus said:

**** that sarcasm **** it. I wanted a real letter it is what I wanted. NOT THIS JUMBLED MESS OF HATE! Everyone reading this saw your message for what it was the bitter message of someone probably banned from Xbox Live for hate speech. The sheer gall demonstrated in your post is what pisses me off the most.

Microsoft works their ass off for computer gamers and without Microsof there would be no PC games. Windows is so much better than Linux or Apple's operating system. You thought you were being clever with this but all that you ended up doing was making all the pro Microsoft people in the thread look like geniuses, so I guess I should thank you for that.

None of those studios that you mentioned can blame Microsoft for their being shut down. Not one single one of them have anyone to blame but themselves and their shitty decisions that they have made. Polyphony Digital is a Sony studio so you can not even get your facts right.

Microsoft did not kidnap online play behind a pay wall. They optimized the online experience so that you enjoy little to no disconnects versus PC gaming where you constantly disconnect. Naturally they are going to charge money for such excellent service.

Microtransactions are a good thing for the consumer. Why pay a ton of money for one expansion pack when you can pay bits and pieces for what you do and do not want. One example is Killer Instinct for Xbox One and in that game you can select which fighters you want to include in your roster or purchase them all.

Temporal exclusivity happens because Microsoft wants to give their gamers the best first and deliver sloppy seconds to the rest of you. If you do not like temporal exclusivity than buy the Xbox One. With that system ( the best system) you do not have to wait for a game to come to your platform.

The RROD is not even that big of a deal to be honest and all three have had hardware troubles like the PS3's YLOD. What minimizes the RROD further is Microsoft's willingness to replace systems that experienced the issues or repair it for a small fee. Also Microsoft's customer service as pointed out in this thread by others is good.

Before I touch this last point I want you to know your message made me so upset that I almost chewed my thumb off. My thumb is really hurting and has teeth marks on it and is bleeding slightly. Luckily I will just pour alcohol on it but you are lucky it was not bleeding as in blood coming out and was just scraped or I would possibly be able to sue you.

Finally Microsoft does invest in quality first party titles. Look at Sunset Overdrive , Sea of Thieves, and Recore. Not to mention the brilliant visions they have for already established franchises.

Its laughable that everything you are trying to spin as a good thing for gaming is utter poison or a complete lie, you are either (and most likely) a terrible troll, or a terrible consumer and a blind fanboy.

Either way, be it trolling or serious, It, and you, are pretty sad and tragic.

Too many new accounts recently going out of their way to appear the dumbest they can be, System wars has always been full of massive derps but at least it mostly was by users with their original accounts, and mostly just honest ignorance and stupidity rather than intended.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#62 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2953 Posts

I would like to thank Microsoft for Windows, and some of the best multiplayer and co-op games ever made. Now for the love of Microsoft may Halo 6 have split-screen.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 doomdizzle
Member since 2017 • 528 Posts

@tjandmia: lol im sure the battery pack on your wall outlet really brings the room together. Im sure microsoft will finally have rechargable controllers next time around for ya. Then you can add not having to use batteries as a reason to go with the console! Exciting, right?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By tjandmia

@doomdizzle: can't see it. Beats the shit out of having some goofy ass controller you have to plug in 4 times a day like it's god damned 2005. Dual shock 4, the wireless controller that isn't!!!

That nonsense is indefensible. I really don't know why you even bother.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By doomdizzle

@tjandmia: im not sure about you but even on my days off i dont play for more than 4 hours in one stint. I enjoy couch coop and other multiplayer games when i have company so i have my spare controller always charging and just alternate between sessions.

You're being pretty melodramatic over me not having to buy batteries. You must work for batteries+ or something

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@tjandmia said:
@doomdizzle said:
@tjandmia said:

Thanks for having the best controller two gens in a row and giving us AA batteries so that our controllers last for more than 4 hours. I can't even imagine having to plug a controller into anything anymore. The very thought is so ancient and disgusting.

Using AA batteries feels dated tbh

Yeah, never having to worry about wires for your wireless controller. What a terribly dated thing. Plugging wires into a wireless controller is 2006, bruh.

AA batteries is so 90s.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tjandmia

@doomdizzle: and Xbox owners don't have to worry about their controllers for weeks. Have fun tripping over wires on your wireless controller. Haha!

Of course you do have better games and a better console, so that pretty much takes the wind out of my sails. That controller though..... No excuse for that shit.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By doomdizzle

@tjandmia: lol man im sorry if you can conceide that the games are better on my side of the lawn and your biggest worry is the charging cable. Like bro its a 2ft cable that sits on top of the ps4. It hasnt harmed anyone just yet

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Thank you Microsoft for forcing updates on me, and completely ignoring the restart time/active hours I've specified for Windows 10. Free me from the burden of having control! Hallelujah!

Thank you for constantly harassing me to turn on the fucking firewall, even though it breaks in home streaming, network sharing etc half the time.

Thank you for attempting to sell me a new copy of windows 10 rather than just activate my windows 7 and 8.1 keys which qualify for the free upgrade!

Thank you for disallowing editing of a fucking spreadsheet that was already created, because I couldn't locate my office activation key from years ago.

But above all, thank you for making my choice of console easy, by having jack shit for games!

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@mark1974: I'm sure if this was the exact same thread, except replace MS with Sony. You wouldn't be fucking complaining, in fact you'd probably be throwing in your praise for Sony. Just stfu and quit acting like you're not biased in the least. You're anti MS and pro Sony like 80% of the posters here. You're not fooling anyone. I never see you call out the horrible shit from cows. You keep your fucking mouth shut, how convenient.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9403 Posts

Thank you, MS - for making decent software development tools, for moving toward open source with your .NET framework, ASP.NET, and Entity Framework tools

I still don't think you should have entered the most anti-consumer market (the console market). You probably shouldn't have paid a whole bunch of money to secure the Halo franchise as an exclusive and just let it release on PS2 like it would have. The Xbox was cool I guess, since you could open it up and install third-party software - so thanks for that I guess.

I'm glad the old days are over. How naive we were during the first 4-5 gens of consoles. Thank you for being one third of the reason this market is nothing more than a way to gouge consumers with useless proprietary hardware.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@primorandomguy: oh believe me if Sony fanboys made a thread like this I would be throwing up in my mouth just as much. They are stupid as hell as well and Ive said it plenty of times. I do think the Playstation 4 is objectively better than the Xbone so if you want to refer to that as bias that's fine. Other than the RROD the 360 was the superior console of that gen. I sure as hell don't get worked up about these things. I own an Xbone S and I'm a little disapointed it's not getting better games. Either way, this love letter to a giant corporation who's only concern is making stock holders money is misplaced. How about giving credit to those that actually make the games.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Thank you MS for trying to screw over every gamer in the world with your Xbox One launch. Thanks for the hilarity that followed when it backfired dramatically and the gaming community told you to go **** yourselves.

Thank you for the pile of shite that is the overpriced, underpowered exclusive-free Xbox One. Thank you for displaying your ignorance, cluelessness of what's good and what's not in the videgames industry and just plain rank stupidity once more by cancelling Scalebound from the creators of Nier Automata one the most well received games in a year with very stiff competition.

Thank you for coming up with the amazing idea of charging people for the privilege of using their own fucking internet which they paid for already, you greedy bastards.

Thank you for making Sony look a lot better than they actually are just through sheer incompetence, lack of exclusives, shit hardware and just generally being you, you clueless wankers.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By tjandmia

@doomdizzle: I can admit that buying the Xbox one was a mistake, but it was $100 cheaper than the ps4. The fact that you can't admit how lame it is that a wireless controller actually needs a wire is funny. I'm happy living in 2017. No need to go back a decade to wired controllers.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@tjandmia said:

AA batteries

Bro, are you on ICQ tonight? And don't forget to look at your Myspace. I also heard you got that sweet new 56k modem. Congrats!

Avatar image for harnessthepower
HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By HarnessThePower
Member since 2017 • 267 Posts

On a side note, Microsoft stock is up almost 25% in the past year. Could not be more proud of this corporation.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tjandmia

@nethernova said:
@tjandmia said:

AA batteries

Bro, are you on ICQ tonight? And don't forget to look at your Myspace. I also heard you got that sweet new 56k modem. Congrats!

Nope. I am not plugging in my controller to my console. The last time I did that was with the PS2. NO THANK YOU! You can live in 2005 all you want.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Things they did good:

• Best OS
  • Halo 3
  • Party chat since 2005
UnGarde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 UnGarde
Member since 2012 • 40 Posts

Microsoft, thank you for treating your customers with dignity and respect.

@harnessthepower said:

On a side note, Microsoft stock is up almost 25% in the past year. Could not be more proud of this corporation.

They really have demonstrated excellence all around.

Avatar image for harnessthepower
HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 HarnessThePower
Member since 2017 • 267 Posts

@UnGarde said:

Microsoft, thank you for treating your customers with dignity and respect.

@harnessthepower said:

They really have demonstrated excellence all around.

Bill has been making some great decisions. Hard to believe he's been leading this great corporation for over 25 years now. I LOVE THIS COMPANY.

NorseFetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 NorseFetus
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

@dakur said:

@NorseFetus: there are only two correct things in your whole rant. 1) is not polyphony digital you're right, I meant to say Platinum Games. 2) that you're angry. Everything else is wrong

1) You are only admitting to the mistake that I pointed out. 2) I am not, I just wish this topic had more posts because I am interested in reading more love letters to Microsoft. Then again Microsoft is persecuted on here so most lovers of the company are in hiding.

halo_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 halo_rules
Member since 2017 • 61 Posts

Dear Microsoft, thank you for investing all that you have into the video game audience. We all thank you graciously for being better than Nintendo and Sony.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

This thread disgusts me.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SecretPolice

Thank you, thank you, uhhh, thank you very much...

lol

:P

Lightning_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Lightning_fan
Member since 2012 • 351 Posts

Thank you Microsoft for getting the FFXIII trilogy on Xbox 360. Without those games I might have taken my life. Those games were always the light at the end of the tunnel for me.

MasterNumemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 MasterNumemon
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts

This thread demonstrates how well we all appreciate Microsoft and nothing I can say further can demonstrate how beloved they are by gamers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fac80ec445f7
deactivated-5fac80ec445f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5fac80ec445f7
Member since 2017 • 155 Posts

@harnessthepower: Jesus, Microsoft's astro turfing isn't even subtle these days lol.

Microsoft should have never entered the console business. All they've done is ruin in. They need to leave ASAP.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SecretPolice

@MasterNumemon said:

This thread demonstrates how well we all appreciate Microsoft and nothing I can say further can demonstrate how beloved they are by gamers.

MS, the real for gamers, by gamers, jazz... It's got all the radicalized MS/Xbox anti-fans all shook up, insecure and making alts at a record pace. lol :P