System Wars Vote: Should downloadable games be counted for the metagame?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9868 Posts
No. I think the metagame should be scrapped altogether and people should argue their points based on actual evidence, or at the very least, sound reasoning. Scores, especially after this generation and the fugue of review buying lingering in the air, and aggregated scores defeating the entire purpose of a reviewer assigning a game a score, are utterly useless. I haven't cared (with my wallet) about a game's score for years now, and prefer to discuss a game based on the actual content. It would slightly improve the quality of discussion here if we did away with the metagame altogether.Zeviander
I usually disagree with you, but this time you are spot on :)
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

I see no reason why not.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

All games count, but you can't lump 5$ arcade games with 60$ retail games.

So yes they should and do count, but no, you can't lump them together.

You have to be a tremendous moron to not see why, anyone in the world would rather have say 10AAA retail games over 15 or more AAA arcade titles. The diference in standards and depth is massive. The score might be the same but the quality is completly diferent. Anyone who denies this is just trolling.

Eddie-Vedder

but we already "lump together" retail games from completely different genres which have different standards anyway :?

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

You have to be a tremendous moron to not see why, anyone in the world would rather have say 10AAA retail games over 15 or more AAA arcade titles. The diference in standards and depth is massive. The score might be the same but the quality is completly diferent. Anyone who denies this is just trolling.

sandbox3d

No way to throw a blanket on this one man.

I would rather have a game like Super Meat Boy than any number of Uncharteds.

I'm having more fun with Hotline Miami than any big budget "AAA" title I've played this year.

There are plenty of cheap little arcade titles that have more depth than an annual CoD release.

I dont think this is something you can just judge by price, or length.

That's straight up ignorance, you're using personal taste, the fact is anyone would rather have a AAA retail game they enjoy in a genre they enjoy from a dev they enjoy over a AAA arcade game from a genre they enjoy etc... You using AAA retail games you don't like vs AAA arcade games is plain moronic. You can also do the exact ooposite and talk about AAA retail games you love and arcade titles that are garbage. You're personal taste isn't called into question here, use your head.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

100% yes. To ignore digital is foolish considering it's making up an increasingly large portion of games these days.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

the fact is anyone would rather have a AAA retail game they enjoy in a genre they enjoy from a dev they enjoy over a AAA arcade game from a genre they enjoy etc... Eddie-Vedder

This would be ignorance. That's a complete assumption.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

The TC missed the whole reason why they didn't/don't count.

They obviously count, you just can't lump them together with retail games. Everyone is going to say yes, because they should count, but what the TC is trying to backdoor is wether or not they should be lumped with the retail games. WHich this post will remind the TC is not in the OP and is not the question being asked.

So if that's what you're trying to do make a new thread and explain the question properly. Cause everyone is going to say yes they should count, but anyone that knows what they're talking about will say no they can't be lumped in the same group.

Eddie-Vedder

i was there when this started so i know exactly why they didn't count and i state explicitly that a "yes" vote will have them lumped with retail games. there's nothing deceptive about it.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

[QUOTE="sandbox3d"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Eddie-Vedder

I'm having more fun with Hotline Miami than any big budget "AAA" title I've played this year.

There are plenty of cheap little arcade titles that have more depth than an annual CoD release.

That's straight up ignorance, you're using personal taste,the fact is anyone would rather have a AAA retail game they enjoy in a genre they enjoy from a dev they enjoy over a AAA arcade game from a genre they enjoy etc... You using AAA retail games you don't like vs AAA arcade games is plain moronic. You can also do the exact ooposite and talk about AAA retail games you love and arcade titles that are garbage.You're personal taste isn't called into question here, use your head.

What else is there? :?

But its not a fact at all.

You're correct. Which is why this is so stupid trying to exclude one or the other.

And you're using your personal taste as an argument. Maybe you should take your own advice.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]the fact is anyone would rather have a AAA retail game they enjoy in a genre they enjoy from a dev they enjoy over a AAA arcade game from a genre they enjoy etc... lundy86_4

No, playing dumb is being ignorant when we know the VAST majority of us would prefer it. It's common sense, if you could fund a AAA games from you're favourite dev pick the genre and theme etc the VAST majority of us, simply not to speak in absolutes would tell them to make a 60$ retail AAA over a 10$ arcade AAA. What would you pick? Thought so...
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Casey there should be a vote thread and a discussion thread. This is going to become a mess.
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 sandbox3d

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]the fact is anyone would rather have a AAA retail game they enjoy in a genre they enjoy from a dev they enjoy over a AAA arcade game from a genre they enjoy etc... Eddie-Vedder

No, playing dumb is being ignorant when we know the VAST majority of us would prefer it. It's common sense, if you could fund a AAA games from you're favourite dev pick the genre and theme etc the VAST majority of us, simply not to speak in absolutes would tell them to make a 60$ retail AAA over a 10$ arcade AAA. What would you pick? Thought so...

Man if you're serious you have A LOT to learn about people and preference... and life in general for that matter.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

Yeah, I know.:P

I honestly think it's because a bunch of my fellow PC gamers are actually worried that the playing field would get closer if DL games were counted on consoles. Which is stupid. Any real PC gamer knows we still have the largest amount, and highest quality games, no matter what gets counted for the consoles.

the_bi99man

I heard it was cows. But who knows. Cows seem to want them counted too know.

Sure the playing field would get closer but thats because DL games counted on PC already, which isn't fair.

And there is also the fact that not every PC game gets reviewed.

But hey the best thing about this is we won't have idiots going 'it's a downloadable game so it doesn't count' next gen:)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lundy86_4

No, playing dumb is being ignorant when we know the VAST majority of us would prefer it. It's common sense, if you could fund a AAA games from you're favourite dev pick the genre and theme etc the VAST majority of us, simply not to speak in absolutes would tell them to make a 60$ retail AAA over a 10$ arcade AAA. What would you pick? Thought so... Eddie-Vedder

What you stated was ignorant, and in no way a fact. You call it a fact, then fall back to common sense... If it's a fact, there is evidence to back it up.

What I would pick is irrelevant to the discussion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Games like Minecraft (endlessly replayable), Super Meat Boy/Splosion Man/Limbo/Braid (better then many of the 50 euro retail Wii sidescrollers like Warioland), Shadow Complex (excellent Metroidvania game) and Hydro Thunder Hurricane (excellent speed boat racing) prove they can be every bit as good if not better then retail games. Of course they count. The only reasons they didn't count this gen was A. They started off small scale and simple and B. 360 dominated them all gen long so Wii and PS3 fans voted them down :P
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I can already imagine people claiming ownage over some crappy 3 hours game compared to a 60 million dollars Triple A game that will be supported through years with DLC and online multiplayer. Just thinking about it makes my head hurt.

If SW becomes like that in the coming years I'll be jumping ship to anoher forum.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

[QUOTE="sandbox3d"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Eddie-Vedder

That's straight up ignorance, you're using personal taste, the fact is anyone would rather have a AAA retail game they enjoy in a genre they enjoy from a dev they enjoy over a AAA arcade game from a genre they enjoy etc... You using AAA retail games you don't like vs AAA arcade games is plain moronic. You can also do the exact ooposite and talk about AAA retail games you love and arcade titles that are garbage. You're personal taste isn't called into question here, use your head.

:lol:

This board never stops surprising me.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

No. I think the metagame should be scrapped altogether and people should argue their points based on actual evidence, or at the very least, sound reasoning. Scores, especially after this generation and the fugue of review buying lingering in the air, and aggregated scores defeating the entire purpose of a reviewer assigning a game a score, are utterly useless. I haven't cared (with my wallet) about a game's score for years now, and prefer to discuss a game based on the actual content. It would slightly improve the quality of discussion here if we did away with the metagame altogether.Zeviander

+1

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="sandbox3d"]

sandbox3d

That's straight up ignorance, you're using personal taste,the fact is anyone would rather have a AAA retail game they enjoy in a genre they enjoy from a dev they enjoy over a AAA arcade game from a genre they enjoy etc... You using AAA retail games you don't like vs AAA arcade games is plain moronic. You can also do the exact ooposite and talk about AAA retail games you love and arcade titles that are garbage.You're personal taste isn't called into question here, use your head.

You're correct. Which is why this is so stupid trying to exclude one or the other.

And you're using your personal taste as an argument. Maybe you should take your own advice.

Where did I use personal taste? I'm talking about facts, reviews use different standards to review arcade and retail games, fact, retail games have much more depth, fact. Where is the personal preference? Review sites like gamespot will tell you straight up this is how it works. It isn't opinion. You have a choice to get you're fav dev to make a AAA games in whatever genre you want, your only important decision is to make it a 60 retail calibre AAA or a 10$ arcade calibre AAA, which do you pick?
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
lol metagame I vote yes, that makes the metagame a little less sucky but it still sucks.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 locopatho

I can already imagine people claiming ownage over some crappy 3 hours game compared to a 60 million dollars Triple A game that will be supported through years with DLC and online multiplayer. Just thinking about it makes my head hurt.

If SW becomes like that in the coming years I'll be jumping ship to anoher forum.

Gue1
Lol that doesn't happen already? See: idiots saying Journey is better then Halo 4. Any "rule" that says games "don't count" is crap, let them all count and people can argue their point. I mean if we're going to count random crap like Just Dance and Wii Music and Wonderbook and so on that 99% of System Wars won't even touch, why not count downloadable games?
platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

Yes

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sandbox3d

[QUOTE="sandbox3d"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] That's straight up ignorance, you're using personal taste,the fact is anyone would rather have a AAA retail game they enjoy in a genre they enjoy from a dev they enjoy over a AAA arcade game from a genre they enjoy etc... You using AAA retail games you don't like vs AAA arcade games is plain moronic. You can also do the exact ooposite and talk about AAA retail games you love and arcade titles that are garbage.You're personal taste isn't called into question here, use your head.Eddie-Vedder

Where did I use personal taste? I'm talking about facts, reviews use different standards to review arcade and retail games, fact, retail games have much more depth, fact.Where is the personal preference? Review sites like gamespot will tell you straight up this is how it works. It isn't opinion.You have a choice to get you're fav dev to make a AAA games in whatever genre you want, your only important decision is to make it a 60 retail calibre AAA or a 10$ arcade calibre AAA, which do you pick?

In assuming that everyone wants a big budget AAA retail game over a cheaper DL game any day of the week.

So your "facts" are citing other people opinions? And no, retail games having more depth is not a fact at all. It varies game to game. Nothing about paying 60 bucks = depth.

It is most definitely their opinion. And one that changes with the times for that matter. I'm sorry, but Gamespot is not my god.

Whichever is more enjoyable?

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

Gue1

you mean just like cows have been doing this year with Journey? :?there's already been a sig with Journey > Halo 4 on it.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 kuraimen

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

marklarmer

you mean just like cows have been doing this year with Journey? :?there's already been a sig with Journey > Halo 4 on it.

Halo 4 SP can be beaten in 1.5-2 hours more than Journey.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 CaseyWegner

Casey there should be a vote thread and a discussion thread. This is going to become a mess.blue_hazy_basic

i considered that but we need mod support first.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]the fact is anyone would rather have a AAA retail game they enjoy in a genre they enjoy from a dev they enjoy over a AAA arcade game from a genre they enjoy etc... Eddie-Vedder

considering steam 10$ steam games often play and look better then 60$ PC games I'd say go to for the 10 dollars

besides, chances are the developpers will see more money out of the 10$ then the will out of the 60$

I apply to the same rules to XBL

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 rilpas

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

kuraimen

so wouldn't that mean Halo 4 > Journey?

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 rilpas
also, I just realized I forgot to vote :P I vote yes
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="marklarmer"]you mean just like cows have been doing this year with Journey? :?there's already been a sig with Journey > Halo 4 on it.

rilpas

Nope it means that for a $60 retail game it's really not much more than a $15 dl game so I don't see any problems comparing them.
Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts
The metagame will probably have to change a lot in the next-gen, what with stuff crossing over between platforms. If the ps4 library gets on Gaikai, which will probably work on PCs, then what, no more exclusives? Will games linked between PS4 and PSVita not counted either? Then you have MS with Xbox live/arcade and Windows 8 getting cozy. Who knows how far that'll go. Heck, Gaikai might allow PC games to be playable on the ps4. Muddying the waters everywhere. Either the metagame needs to change a lot more than just allowing downloadable games, or just forget about it.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Halo 4 SP can be beaten in 1.5-2 hours more than Journey.kuraimen

Nope it means that for a $60 retail game it's really not much more than a $15 dl game so I don't see any problems comparing them.

If only a speed run on easy was all there was to that game you'd have a point, but its not is it? A 2 hr speed run is pretty long for a SP FPS
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

rilpas

considering steam 10$ steam games often play and look better then 60$ PC games I'd say go to for the 10 dollars

besides, chances are the developpers will see more money out of the 10$ then the will out of the 60$

So your saying SOME cheap games are better then SOME expesinve games. WoW your a genius, what an amazing find bro. Aren't SOME expensive games also better then SOME cheap games? Woahh we're on top something here.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] No, playing dumb is being ignorant when we know the VAST majority of us would prefer it. It's common sense, if you could fund a AAA games from you're favourite dev pick the genre and theme etc the VAST majority of us, simply not to speak in absolutes would tell them to make a 60$ retail AAA over a 10$ arcade AAA. What would you pick? Thought so... Eddie-Vedder

So your saying SOME cheap games are better then SOME expesinve games. WoW your a genius, what an amazing find bro. Aren't SOME expensive games also better then SOME cheap games? Woahh we're on top something here.

You mean like Dance Central, Fable the Journey or Wonderbook, to think of 3 AAe's that count in the last few weeks ...
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 CaseyWegner

The metagame will probably have to change a lot in the next-gen, what with stuff crossing over between platforms. If the ps4 library gets on Gaikai, which will probably work on PCs, then what, no more exclusives? Will games linked between PS4 and PSVita not counted either? Then you have MS with Xbox live/arcade and Windows 8 getting cozy. Who knows how far that'll go. Heck, Gaikai might allow PC games to be playable on the ps4. Muddying the waters everywhere. Either the metagame needs to change a lot more than just allowing downloadable games, or just forget about it.Sphire

one thing at a time. :)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lundy86_4

Nope it means that for a $60 retail game it's really not much more than a $15 dl game so I don't see any problems comparing them.kuraimen

You missed out the full-featured multiplayer. You get that for the $60 as well.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Halo 4 SP can be beaten in 1.5-2 hours more than Journey.kuraimen

but in a year or two you'll be able to buy Halo 4 for cheaper then Journey

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="rilpas"]

blue_hazy_basic

If only a speed run on easy was all there was to that game you'd have a point, but its not is it? A 2 hr speed run is pretty long for a SP FPS

But it's not on speed run. Many people played it normally and finished it on 3-4 hours. The same you could take much more than 2 hours finishing Journey.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] No, playing dumb is being ignorant when we know the VAST majority of us would prefer it. It's common sense, if you could fund a AAA games from you're favourite dev pick the genre and theme etc the VAST majority of us, simply not to speak in absolutes would tell them to make a 60$ retail AAA over a 10$ arcade AAA. What would you pick? Thought so... Eddie-Vedder

so wouldn't that mean that they should be judged by the same standard?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="Sphire"]The metagame will probably have to change a lot in the next-gen, what with stuff crossing over between platforms. If the ps4 library gets on Gaikai, which will probably work on PCs, then what, no more exclusives? Will games linked between PS4 and PSVita not counted either? Then you have MS with Xbox live/arcade and Windows 8 getting cozy. Who knows how far that'll go. Heck, Gaikai might allow PC games to be playable on the ps4. Muddying the waters everywhere. Either the metagame needs to change a lot more than just allowing downloadable games, or just forget about it.CaseyWegner

Off topic but to that i'd say tough. If it ain't exclusive it doesn't count. Its all academic atm as we don't know what any of that will entail.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Nope it means that for a $60 retail game it's really not much more than a $15 dl game so I don't see any problems comparing them.lundy86_4

+$60 a year...
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Sphire"]The metagame will probably have to change a lot in the next-gen, what with stuff crossing over between platforms. If the ps4 library gets on Gaikai, which will probably work on PCs, then what, no more exclusives? Will games linked between PS4 and PSVita not counted either? Then you have MS with Xbox live/arcade and Windows 8 getting cozy. Who knows how far that'll go. Heck, Gaikai might allow PC games to be playable on the ps4. Muddying the waters everywhere. Either the metagame needs to change a lot more than just allowing downloadable games, or just forget about it.CaseyWegner

Yep, no need to jump at conclusions, when we don't even know anything about next gen systems yet. For example, will Vita still be supported by the time PS4 gets here? :twisted:

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 sandbox3d

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

The funny thing is you are on to something here and you dont even see it. You just said it yourself lol.

The price and method of distribution have no direct correlation to the quality of the game. You can have games on each side that are either amazing, or complete piles of sh*t.

Thats the point. That is why trying to force two different categories here makes no sense.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 rilpas

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Nope it means that for a $60 retail game it's really not much more than a $15 dl game so I don't see any problems comparing them.kuraimen

+$60 a year...

you can play firefight :P

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Nope it means that for a $60 retail game it's really not much more than a $15 dl game so I don't see any problems comparing them.kuraimen

+$60 a year...

That gets you access to the MP of all games. I didn't have to pay $120 to play Halo 4.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Nope it means that for a $60 retail game it's really not much more than a $15 dl game so I don't see any problems comparing them.

But it's not on speed run. Many people played it normally and finished it on 3-4 hours. The same you could take much more than 2 hours finishing Journey.

So now its double what you're saying ... last I heard (and I haven't played the game) there were hours of cutscenes in it. You using the "its possible to go slow in journey and dawdle" vs "if you don't watch any cutscenes and run through" in halo. Even you have to admit its a ridiculous argument.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 kuraimen
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] If only a speed run on easy was all there was to that game you'd have a point, but its not is it? A 2 hr speed run is pretty long for a SP FPS

So now its double what you're saying ... last I heard (and I haven't played the game) there were hours of cutscenes in it. You using the "its possible to go slow in journey and dawdle" vs "if you don't watch any cutscenes and run through" in halo. Even you have to admit its a ridiculous argument.

I'm talking about gameplay time obviously. I highly doubt those people who beat it in 3-4 hours skipped the cutscenes.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#97 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Yes.

It doesn't make sense that they aren't counted in the first place. :?

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="rilpas"]

sandbox3d

The funny thing is you are on to something here and you dont even see it. You just said it yourself lol.

The price and method of distribution have no direct correlation to the quality of the game. You can have games on each side that are either amazing, or complete piles of sh*t.

Thats the point. That is why trying to force two different categories here makes no sense.

Omg, he said some games he could be comparing a AAA arcade game to a 1.0 retail games, ofc the AAA arcade game is better.... USE YOUR HEAD. If you have the same themed game, from the same genre, and the same dev, one is AAA retail and one is AAA arcade which one will have more depth and more quality? Come on dude, this is kind of sad how hard it is for some of you guys to grasp. Kevin V has come into SW before and explained this, you can't lump them together, when they review an arcade game they take into account it's a small 10$ game, they don't hurt the score because it doesn't have standard 60$ retail level features and graphics and sound etc.. On the other hand if a AAA retail game doesn't have those retail standard features it's going to get docked... This is factual, Gamespots very own guidelines say this.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Yep. XBLA demolishes PSN :twisted:
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 locopatho
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] If only a speed run on easy was all there was to that game you'd have a point, but its not is it? A 2 hr speed run is pretty long for a SP FPS

No he doesn't/ This is what he does, talks whatever garbage he likes to derail a thread about something completely different. It gets old..