System Wars Lounge v77 -- The Verbtex is Pretty Retired Editon!

  • 84 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for SOedipus
#51 Posted by SOedipus (11234 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: she die? She’s one of the reasons why I stopped watching. I could not stand her in that show.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#52 Posted by uninspiredcup (29995 posts) -

@SOedipus said:

@uninspiredcup: she die? She’s one of the reasons why I stopped watching. I could not stand her in that show.

Yea, unless they have a shitty plot-twist she's dead at the end of season 1. That guy playing (fake) Joker is pretty good as well Hell, most of the acting is good now, was mainly her and Barbara Gordon who were terrible.

Season 2 is abit better thus far. But still feels like it was made in the 1990's compared to shit like Daredevl or Jessica Jones.

Avatar image for verbtex
#53 Posted by verbtex (9139 posts) -

What if all I really want is Kingdom Hearts 3 to be here already?

Avatar image for verbtex
#54 Posted by verbtex (9139 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@verbtex said:
@davillain- said:

@FireEmblem_Man: Not interested. Maybe if the title "Moderator" was revert back to "Ranger" I might join and help out GS community giving the fact GS is my home after all.

You are like the only person who I think has ever said that. A lot of the rangers were honestly not very happy with their role. They did a great thing for the community, but I could definitely understand how they felt underappreciated.

Wait, the whole "Ranger" title wasn't the best for others? I had no idea, I used to see them helping out and everything else but never knew it was underappreciated. But since it's 2019, I think it could work for if giving the chance and try to improve the title would be something to consider but that's my opinion though.

They did serve an important role when we had a huge influx of users, but the community here is dying a lot. The role was not meant to be the same as a moderator, and be more of a friend who introduces people to the way that Gamespot worked. A lot of them felt really under appreciated though, since they weren't given the same respect as a moderator, and really only had mod "powers" on a UCB.

I tried to rally up some morale in the board multiple times before the role was transitioned into moderator completely.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#55 Edited by nintendoboy16 (35571 posts) -

So, for shits and giggles, I was checking film ratings for DB Super Broly and it's rated a regular PG... wha? That's... slightly low for Dragon Ball.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#56 Edited by uninspiredcup (29995 posts) -

I'm wondering if the home release will be extended, originally it had 3 hours worth of content that got cut down.

The Planet Vegita stuff has alot of harsh cuts, heavily, heavily condensed. That part visually looks better, but isn't as good as the original Bardock TV special.

Avatar image for SOedipus
#57 Posted by SOedipus (11234 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: oh, you’re only on season 2? I think I made it to season 4. Good luck.

Avatar image for davillain-
#58 Edited by DaVillain- (33747 posts) -

New year and SW still the same. Nothing new & now, it's getting boring, but I still keep coming here out of bad habits -_-

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#59 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13341 posts) -

I just come here to read ProtossRushX threads.

Avatar image for XVision84
#60 Posted by XVision84 (14770 posts) -

@davillain-: What's getting you down, bud? SW is best when you don't take it seriously, or if you do take it seriously then expect most others not to (I alternate). If you're getting burned out maybe take a break? A lot of things are truly detrimental bad habits, I don't think SW should be one of them! :)

Avatar image for davillain-
#61 Posted by DaVillain- (33747 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

@davillain-: What's getting you down, bud? SW is best when you don't take it seriously, or if you do take it seriously then expect most others not to (I alternate). If you're getting burned out maybe take a break? A lot of things are truly detrimental bad habits, I don't think SW should be one of them! :)

I just miss good ol Charizard1605!

But in all seriousness, I'm getting old so don't mind me this little old GS user.

Avatar image for uitravioience
#62 Edited by UItravioIence (1119 posts) -

Yooo. R Kelly is a piece of shit. I don't wish death on anyone but I wouldn't think twice if he was gunned down.

Avatar image for davillain-
#63 Edited by DaVillain- (33747 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

Yooo. R Kelly is a piece of shit. I don't wish death on anyone but I wouldn't think twice if he was gunned down.

I only like R. Kelly's music and that's about it. Outside of his Music, he's a Piece of crap that's for sure. Can't believe Kevin Hart defended that guy.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#64 Edited by uninspiredcup (29995 posts) -

Just read his wiki, read more like a rap sheet.

I guess money lets you away with any old shit.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#65 Posted by nintendoboy16 (35571 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

I'm wondering if the home release will be extended, originally it had 3 hours worth of content that got cut down.

The Planet Vegita stuff has alot of harsh cuts, heavily, heavily condensed. That part visually looks better, but isn't as good as the original Bardock TV special.

Either way, I bought my advance tickets yesterday (Utah time). Been wanting to see a PROPER Dragon Ball film in theaters for years.

Still, anticipated a PG-13 at the least.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#68 Posted by getyeryayasout (11990 posts) -

Got a pair of Sony H900N earphones as a gift. Love em. That noise canceling is some witchcraft.

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#69 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18959 posts) -

@davillain-Here's some reading material for you, History of System Wars and I mean the history of this place. I joined during the golden age and it was a whole lot more fun than today.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#70 Posted by uninspiredcup (29995 posts) -

Making brisket for the first time, exciting times.

Lot's and lot's and lot's of sandwich resource.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#71 Posted by getyeryayasout (11990 posts) -

For real though, **** you Gillette, and goodbye P&G.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#72 Posted by uninspiredcup (29995 posts) -
Loading Video...

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#73 Edited by uninspiredcup (29995 posts) -

I was wondering if someone, somewhere done this. Question answered.

Loading Video...

4:53, the point you realize humanity is fucked.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#74 Posted by Mandzilla (2702 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@davillain-Here's some reading material for you, History of System Wars and I mean the history of this place. I joined during the golden age and it was a whole lot more fun than today.

Avatar image for davillain-
#75 Edited by DaVillain- (33747 posts) -

@mandzilla said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@davillain-Here's some reading material for you, History of System Wars and I mean the history of this place. I joined during the golden age and it was a whole lot more fun than today.

Thanks for the notification message Godzilla lol. I'm not even sure why it never pop up in my feeds when FireMan quoted me.

As for the history lesson, I cannot believe I miss all the fun, I never heard of this Casey was a Lem before a Mod happened. Man these newer folks need to read this and make SW fun again.

Sadly though, I was a lurker here on GS around 2011, I couldn't join due to school and I was already on IGN posting crazy but in late 2013, I left IGN due to how terrible it became and join GS October 2014. I admit, I barely remember anything from SW during the lurking I did here but that link was an interesting read.

Hey @blue_hazy_basic I can see why you don't post in SW no more lol.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#76 Edited by uninspiredcup (29995 posts) -

Star Trek Discovery still tries to hide lack-of-substance behind special effects.

It's almost Michael Bay like in how it can flash all that money on screen and make you feel nothing.

Also this woman looks like Tom Cruise.

I was just thinking of Chain of Command, where 90% of the episode is Picard in his jimmy jams talking to a Kim kardashian and how so much more engaging that was that watching people I don't care about CGI race cars while dramatic music plays to try make you give a shit.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for horgen
#77 Posted by Horgen (119141 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@mandzilla said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@davillain-Here's some reading material for you, History of System Wars and I mean the history of this place. I joined during the golden age and it was a whole lot more fun than today.

Thanks for the notification message Godzilla lol. I'm not even sure why it never pop up in my feeds when FireMan quoted me.

As for the history lesson, I cannot believe I miss all the fun, I never heard of this Casey was a Lem before a Mod happened. Man these newer folks need to read this and make SW fun again.

Sadly though, I was a lurker here on GS around 2011, I couldn't join due to school and I was already on IGN posting crazy but in late 2013, I left IGN due to how terrible it became and join GS October 2014. I admit, I barely remember anything from SW during the lurking I did here but that link was an interesting read.

Hey @blue_hazy_basic I can see why you don't post in SW no more lol.

I think older mods here have a long story on Casey.

A similar thing for OT would be interesting to read. Certainly some history there as well.

Avatar image for SOedipus
#78 Posted by SOedipus (11234 posts) -

Rip Casey.

Avatar image for horgen
#79 Posted by Horgen (119141 posts) -

@SOedipus said:

Rip Casey.

Some users do have a good reason for being banned. I don't know the exact reasons why he was banned, but the general impression I have gotten over time is that it was well deserved. Don't know if it was a cumulative effect over time or simply having a major change the last month(s).

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
#80 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30846 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@mandzilla said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@davillain-Here's some reading material for you, History of System Wars and I mean the history of this place. I joined during the golden age and it was a whole lot more fun than today.

Thanks for the notification message Godzilla lol. I'm not even sure why it never pop up in my feeds when FireMan quoted me.

As for the history lesson, I cannot believe I miss all the fun, I never heard of this Casey was a Lem before a Mod happened. Man these newer folks need to read this and make SW fun again.

Sadly though, I was a lurker here on GS around 2011, I couldn't join due to school and I was already on IGN posting crazy but in late 2013, I left IGN due to how terrible it became and join GS October 2014. I admit, I barely remember anything from SW during the lurking I did here but that link was an interesting read.

Hey @blue_hazy_basic I can see why you don't post in SW no more lol.

Ha! Yea it is a pale shadow of its former glory, but the real reason I don't post any more is simply time. I took a new job about a year ago and its utterly hectic vs the old one where I could do my work and then had time to goof off. Also a kid lol

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#81 Posted by getyeryayasout (11990 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic: Priorities Hazy, that football isn't going to manage itself. Simply let the kid run feral, they're tougher than they look. :P

Avatar image for Gamerno6666
#82 Edited by Gamerno6666 (6385 posts) -

So RDR2 is a rpg/sim now? I thought it was gonna be a western gta but so far I found some of the gameplay elements to be annoying. Enjoying the missions tho.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#83 Posted by getyeryayasout (11990 posts) -

@Gamerno6666: I really have to approach RDR2 with a different mindset. It's definitely more of a cowboy simulator and less of a "game". Not that that's a bad thing though, I think it's amazing.

I recommend turning off the minimap and using the compass to navigate. Set a general course, then just wander and see what happens. For me the game is all about the emergent gameplay and the organic and unpredictable situations you often find yourself in when you least expect it. That's probably why I'm over 40 hours in and only about 15% complete. :D

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#84 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18959 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic: You're so old and ancient now :P But we still frens!

Avatar image for Wasdie
#85 Posted by Wasdie (53587 posts) -

This place still alive?

Avatar image for Gamerno6666
#86 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6385 posts) -

@getyeryayasout: Thanks for the tips. Will definitely try those out. I still hate aiming and shooting with a controller. Wish there was k+m support on consoles. :(