System Wars Lounge v77 -- The Verbtex is Pretty Retired Editon!

#101 Posted by uninspiredcup (32088 posts) -

@horgen said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Really like Gothams depiction of the Penguin. He's a weaselly little shit but I still end up rooting for him.

That girl they got to play catwoman, literally looks like a cat. It's weird.

There is a Gothams TV series?

Yes.

#102 Posted by Horgen (119942 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Yes.

Thank you. I will give it a try if it exist on either HBO or Netflix in my country.

#103 Edited by uninspiredcup (32088 posts) -

@horgen said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Yes.

Thank you. I will give it a try if it exist on either HBO or Netflix in my country.

Loading Video...

Not sure i'd recommend personally. Season 2 is abit better. Sort of just watch it in the background while doing other thngs. It had some folk championing it, who knows, maybe you'll love it.

#104 Posted by getyeryayasout (12197 posts) -

Finally took apart my launch PS4 and cleaned it out with compressed air. It's super easy to do, and my console went from a screaming mimi to running as quietly as the day I bought it. Only takes about 15 minutes, too.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#105 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13515 posts) -

Urge to buy a switch is rising.

#106 Posted by SOedipus (11355 posts) -

@getyeryayasout: I need to do that for my Pro. Sounds like a jet engine. I cleaned the outside thoroughly and there was a shit tonne of dust balls. Can’t imagine what’s brewing inside.

#107 Posted by getyeryayasout (12197 posts) -
@SOedipus said:

@getyeryayasout: I need to do that for my Pro. Sounds like a jet engine. I cleaned the outside thoroughly and there was a shit tonne of dust balls. Can’t imagine what’s brewing inside.

Living in a desert climate, there was quite a bit of dust built up over the past 4+ years of heavy use. Be sure to blow out the power supply really well if you decide to clean yours.

Mine was a launch unit, but it looks even easier to clean a PS4 Pro. Goodluck!

#108 Edited by Gamerno6666 (6615 posts) -

Am I part of the trend yet?

#109 Posted by Chutebox (44371 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@Chutebox said:

Good thread to ask, games on game pass...are they always there or do they cycle through?

I believe so. Although you do get discounted prices should you wish to buy the game.

I have EA Origin Premier and it's like that. You get a discount on anything related to Origin and between Game Pass & Origin Premier, they are almost alike but Premier let's you download any DLC for that game.

Brought this here so I didn't take that thread off topic. If either of you don't mind helping, signed up for xbox game pass...that's for PC too, right? Or is there a separate one for PC. Saying I don't have any proper devices or something...but I logged into my pc with microsoft account

#110 Posted by lundy86_4 (52323 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Brought this here so I didn't take that thread off topic. If either of you don't mind helping, signed up for xbox game pass...that's for PC too, right? Or is there a separate one for PC. Saying I don't have any proper devices or something...but I logged into my pc with microsoft account

I'm not sure. @mandzilla was a boss and hooked me up with a game pass subscription he wasn't using last night. I jumped right into the MS Store and was able to download any Game Pass titles.

#111 Posted by Chutebox (44371 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:
@Chutebox said:

I'm not sure. @mandzilla was a boss and hooked me up with a game pass subscription he wasn't using last night. I jumped right into the MS Store and was able to download any Game Pass titles.

@mandzilla hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppp me

#112 Posted by DaVillain- (35446 posts) -

@Chutebox: From how it works, Game Pass allowed me to download any games from Windows 10 store. I first used it to play Sea of Thieves and later on State of Decay 2. I unsubscribed for months and will return whenever Crackdown 3 releases. Also, the game must say "Xbox Play Anywhere in order to use the Game Pass with the game you are downloading. Remember, Xbox Play Anywhere & Game Pass must be on the game you are trying to play on PC.

#113 Posted by lundy86_4 (52323 posts) -

@Chutebox from what I can see, it's all the same. You can play Play Anywhere titles on PC, as well as download any games on Xbox One and 360 compatible BC games. I activated through the MS Store on W10, but it shouldn't make any difference, so long as you're utilizing the same account for PC and Xbox One.

#114 Posted by Chutebox (44371 posts) -
@davillain- said:

@Chutebox: From how it works, Game Pass allowed me to download any games from Windows 10 store. I first used it to play Sea of Thieves and later on State of Decay 2. I unsubscribed for months and will return whenever Crackdown 3 releases. Also, the game must say "Xbox Play Anywhere in order to use the Game Pass with the game you are downloading. Remember, Xbox Play Anywhere & Game Pass must be on the game you are trying to play on PC.

You got a link to the game pass games? I'm on MS's game pass page and some let me install but some say i don't have a device.

#115 Posted by Mandzilla (3786 posts) -
@Chutebox said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@Chutebox said:

@mandzilla hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppp me

Try going onto the Windows 10 store, type 'Gamepass' into the search bar, then click "learn more" after which you should be able to choose "show all" under the featured header.

That should display all the Gamepass games, and so long as you're logged into your account I think it will let you download them.

So if you choose a game and go onto its page, it should allow you the option to get the game through your subscription.

#116 Edited by Chutebox (44371 posts) -

@mandzilla Ya, that's what I did. I just tried with Ashen and it has a button to install on your devices, i click it, then it says i don't have applicable devices linked to ms account.

I'm on a trial pass, no clue if that matters.

I can do Gears, Forza, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3...but a bunch i get the same thing.

#117 Posted by Mandzilla (3786 posts) -

@Chutebox: Hmm, okay I did some more digging and it seems like the PC list isn't quite as expansive as the XB1 list of Gamepass titles. Sorry, I know that sucks, but I could be wrong. Don't have the greatest knowledge of how Gamepass works on PC compared to XB1 I'm afraid. 🙁

Here's the page I found listing all the PC gamepass stuff. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-paid/games/pc?IsGamePass=true

Seems like there's about double that for play anywhere games on PC, but I am guessing you need to have an XB1 device linked to your PC in order for that to work. That would explain the message you were getting while trying to download certain things. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-paid/games/pc?GameCapabilities=XPA

#118 Posted by Mandzilla (3786 posts) -

Do you have an Xbox as well as a PC @Chutebox ?

#119 Posted by Chutebox (44371 posts) -

@mandzilla: Nah, just pc. I'll check that out when I get back home. Thanks man

#120 Posted by DaVillain- (35446 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@Chutebox: Hmm, okay I did some more digging and it seems like the PC list isn't quite as expansive as the XB1 list of Gamepass titles. Sorry, I know that sucks, but I could be wrong. Don't have the greatest knowledge of how Gamepass works on PC compared to XB1 I'm afraid. 🙁

Here's the page I found listing all the PC gamepass stuff. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-paid/games/pc?IsGamePass=true

Seems like there's about double that for play anywhere games on PC, but I am guessing you need to have an XB1 device linked to your PC in order for that to work. That would explain the message you were getting while trying to download certain things. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-paid/games/pc?GameCapabilities=XPA

Damn I totally forgot you need an Xbox One link to your account. I did own an Xbox One before MS share the games on PC but I gave my Xbox One to my daughter which is in her room now and the fact I still have my Xbox One account link, it ties into my Windows 10 PC and I guess it only works if you had an Xbox One before in the past. But however, it should've work for Chutebox without his account linking to Xbox One, i would've hope it work for Xbox 360 at the least but I guess this isn't the case.

Also @Chutebox do you have Windows 10 OS on you're PC? If so, you should still be able to link to your account on Windows 10 cause I link to my XBL on my PC.

#121 Edited by Mandzilla (3786 posts) -

@Chutebox: Hey, no worries dude. I know my posts might have been confusing to read (confused myself anyway), but from what I've tried to find out in the last 15 mins or so I think this is how it works...

There's no standalone Gamepass service as such for the PC. Basically, you're getting the option to download the 'Play Anywhere' games on your PC which are included with Gamepass, such as Gears, Sea of Thieves, Forza and Crackdown 3 when it comes out. It seems like you get more value out of the service atm if you own an XB1 since the list of games there is larger. Not all Gamepass titles can be played on PC, but Microsoft has said something will be coming soon. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-25-microsoft-says-xbox-game-pass-is-coming-to-pc

I believe the new exclusives are all play anywhere however, so things like Crackdown 3 and any new Gears/Halos will be available to you as a PC gamer. You can always cancel a membership before it expires and get yourself a full refund, even if you spent all month playing the games. Unethical? Yes... but why wouldn't you! 😏

#122 Posted by Mandzilla (3786 posts) -

@davillain-: Ahh right... well now i'm thoroughly confuzzled. Gamepass is an enigma.

#123 Posted by DaVillain- (35446 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@davillain-: Ahh right... well now i'm thoroughly confuzzled. Gamepass is an enigma.

Don't feel bad. I'm not all that tech savvy myself despite I do alot of PC components lol. I just happened to be using Windows 10 since it arrive and never look back after I left Windows 7. Game Pass is tricky fo sure.

#124 Posted by Chutebox (44371 posts) -

@mandzilla: Ya, this is what I was starting to think. I had an xbox.but sold.it a while ago. Oh well, still got some games to play there.

#125 Posted by Mandzilla (3786 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@mandzilla said:

Don't feel bad. I'm not all that tech savvy myself despite I do alot of PC components lol. I just happened to be using Windows 10 since it arrive and never look back after I left Windows 7. Game Pass is tricky fo sure.

Don't lie @davillain-, you're a tech wizard! You must be to have mastered Windows 10. :P

#126 Posted by Mandzilla (3786 posts) -

@Chutebox: Same here man. But yeah, you're still getting access to all the new first-party Xbox games which is nice. The other stuff on Gamepass can be picked up pretty cheap elsewhere on PC, so not like you're missing out on too much really. :)

#127 Posted by uninspiredcup (32088 posts) -

DX12 seems to make RE2 run worse. Guess that's why it defaults to 11.

#128 Edited by nintendoboy16 (35878 posts) -

So, on an Amazon sale, I picked up SNK Heroines (...shut up) for $20 (US). Not bad so far, but for fighting developers as revered as SNK, you'd think they'd do better in making a fighting game developed for casual players. Sadly, not the case, Capcom and Namco Bandai have published better games with a similar goal (less fanservice however), all the while not forgetting the fighting enthusiasts, and each with anime/manga licensed no doubt, which this game feels like said anime/manga licensed titles (which I tend to be apologetic too, except Bleach: Shattered Blade... seriously, f that game, that said, even Netherrealm Studios seems to be taking hints from anime/manga licensed fighters in some regard, looking at how easy the X-Ray system in recent MK games).

Other design choices, like how both fighters rely on the same health bar, annoy me too.

#129 Posted by DaVillain- (35446 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

DX12 seems to make RE2 run worse. Guess that's why it defaults to 11.

The way it works, DX11=Nvidia 7 DX12=AMD. Even my own GTX 1080Ti was having issues with DX12 and I switch it back to DX11 and the game run just fine.

DX12 flop and MS acknowledge it.

#130 Edited by uninspiredcup (32088 posts) -

Overall still prefer the original (optional) OST. But I think Mr X's theme is the exception where it's better than the original. When this shit starts it's time to panic.

Loading Video...

#131 Edited by AnthonyAutumns (1663 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: hey have u already checked out/played Slay The Spire? That's probably another cult classic game.

I'm on mobile so, https://store.steampowered.com/app/646570/Slay_the_Spire/

#132 Posted by uninspiredcup (32088 posts) -

@anthonyautumns said:

@uninspiredcup: hey have u already checked out/played Slay The Spire? That's probably another cult classic game.

I'm on mobile so, https://store.steampowered.com/app/646570/Slay_the_Spire/

Na, been playing Legend Of Heroes: Trials Of The Sky prior to RE2.

Pretty good game, I think you finished it? Prob continue with the series, I like the writing, people sound like people. After years of Bioware I thought people were Terminators trying to mimic what a human would be like.

#133 Edited by uninspiredcup (32088 posts) -

Gotham does get abit better second half of season 2I think. Got mildly excited when Hugo Strange showed up. He's always been an underrated villain.

Dislike how he and Black Mask in the trailers made it seem like they would be the main villains in Arkham games but it always ended up being the Joker, the most overused and overdone fucker.

That guy doing the Riddler is pretty good as well. He and penguin were done well.

Loading Video...

#134 Posted by AnthonyAutumns (1663 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: I did finish the trails in the Sky part one. But that was when it very first appeared on psp. I just rebought it in Steam because I misplaced psp disc somewhere.

I don't remember I finished it on Steam though.

#135 Posted by watercrack445 (1331 posts) -

Its winter here and I have to put the fan on to sleep because it's so warm in my bedroom. The temperature device controls multiple rooms so I just put the fan on. I'm thinking now if I should sleep with shorts on?

#136 Posted by DaVillain- (35446 posts) -

Who the hell sleeps with clothes on? I'm butt naked while in bed :P

#137 Posted by uninspiredcup (32088 posts) -

This review's almost as entertaining as the movie.

Loading Video...

WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON.

#138 Posted by getyeryayasout (12197 posts) -

@watercrack445: Close the vent register in your room if you haven't already. I keep a fan running pretty much year round, for the white noise mostly.

#139 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13515 posts) -

Might be picking up a switch tomorrow.

#140 Posted by Chutebox (44371 posts) -

I'm seriously getting sick of all these fucking sites auto playing videos when I get on a page (including GS). Any way to stop that?

#141 Posted by uninspiredcup (32088 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

I'm seriously getting sick of all these fucking sites auto playing videos when I get on a page (including GS). Any way to stop that?

I think Gamespot did add a feature to turn it off but most don't.

Shitty way to get around adblock, jump out a bush and scream at you.

#142 Edited by TheEroica (18356 posts) -

I've purchased Hitman, Steep and Rogue Aces in the past few months, only to see them become availible on psn+ pretty much right after I buy them...

#143 Posted by uninspiredcup (32088 posts) -

Steep actually looked pretty fun.

#144 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13515 posts) -

Yep, I am a proud new owner of a Nintendo switch. Time to party.

#145 Posted by Chutebox (44371 posts) -
@speedfreak48t5p said:

Yep, I am a proud new owner of a Nintendo switch. Time to party.

Controllers are stupid expensive, but it's a fun console. Enjoy it!

#146 Posted by getyeryayasout (12197 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

Steep actually looked pretty fun.

It's not bad. I miss games like Amped and SSX, such great time killers trying to get that perfect run.

@TheEroica said:

I've purchased Hitman, Steep and Rogue Aces in the past few months, only to see them become availible on psn+ pretty much right after I buy them...

I hate when that happens. It's one of the reasons I'm not too bummed about Sony dropping Vita games from PS Plus. At this point any game they'd give out that I'd like to play, I already own.

#147 Posted by DaVillain- (35446 posts) -

Meh, I'm not excited for tonight's Super Bowl at all. Seeing the Patriots over again get's boring and I'll just skip this Super Bowl and catch all the highlights & Commercials through Youtube. In the meantime, I'm gonna play games all night long.

#148 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19366 posts) -

The Half-time show was a complete bust, even Nickelodeon felt awkward about it

What fans were expecting

Loading Video...

What we actually got

Loading Video...

#149 Posted by DaVillain- (35446 posts) -

After looking at the highlights, looks like I dodge a bullet on this weak Super Bowl. I figure the Pats were gonna win it despite I went for the underdog knowing the Rams were gonna lose. Half-Time Show I heard was a flop which shouldn't be a surprise and nothing exciting. Man, the NFL is just not as good as they used to be -_-

#150 Edited by uninspiredcup (32088 posts) -

When will Tango Gameworks learn that running in a scripted straight line isn't scary.