System Wars Lounge V47: The 60FPS 1080P Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1301 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Truck driving in the US looks hella fun.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#1302 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts
@Blabadon said:

Congrats, I think

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@Zassimick:

My condolences.

@parkurtommo said:

I think he's planning to storm a wedding and kidnap the bride, if I'm interpreting this correctly.

@lundy86_4 said:

Poor, poor Zass. He shall be missed.

@Ballroompirate said:

@parkurtommo: I got he's gonna go to a wedding; knockout a bride, have her kiss him and ride a velociraptor while dancing

I did it! :D

Before the show I had a Zelda Medley playing as people entered the church. You should all be proud.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1303  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61482 Posts

@Zassimick: Your wife allowed it? Keep her. Forever.

None of the girls I date know I game until a little while into the relationship... lol... Sad lol...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1304 lundy86_4  Online

@bbkkristian: Seriously, get on that. Even selling it a buck could net you some cash... Maybe keep quiet on the rest lol. Still, kinda cool, especially for those in any sort of business.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1305 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I just realized that Aiden Pearce looks a bit like Kevin Spacey.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1306 zassimick  Moderator
@lundy86_4 said:

@Zassimick: Your wife allowed it? Keep her. Forever.

None of the girls I date know I game until a little while into the relationship... lol... Sad lol...

Oh yeah. We actually had a wedding centered around Doctor Who a bit. The colors were there, the Tardis made several subtle appearances, and the pastor had centered his sermon on the Doctor and his need for a companion and la-tee-dah. Then we exited the church to Eleven's theme song.

We're both nerds; she's more of a bookworm but we were best friends for about a year before we started dating, so she knew I was into gaming and DnD and stuff. I got her to play some games, her favorite is The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap. She also enjoys the Lego games and Professor Layton, but she doesn't game much otherwise. We figure it's a good thing we each have our separate hobbies. :P

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1307 lundy86_4  Online

@clyde46 said:

Truck driving in the US looks hella fun.

Why?

@Zassimick said:

Oh yeah. We actually had a wedding centered around Doctor Who a bit. The colors were there, the Tardis made several subtle appearances, and the pastor had centered his sermon on the Doctor and his need for a companion and la-tee-dah. Then we exited the church to Eleven's theme song.

We're both nerds; she's more of a bookworm but we were best friends for about a year before we started dating, so she knew I was into gaming and DnD and stuff. I got her to play some games, her favorite is The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap. She also enjoys the Lego games and Professor Layton, but she doesn't game much otherwise. We figure it's a good thing we each have our separate hobbies. :P

That's really cool, and some serious congrats for you. My hobbies and nerdish side stay on the down low because of my friends and the people I date... Not that i'm ashamed, just that it's not their thing (mostly sports is).

Did you have a church wedding?

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1308 zassimick  Moderator

@lundy86_4 said:

That's really cool, and some serious congrats for you. My hobbies and nerdish side stay on the down low because of my friends and the people I date... Not that i'm ashamed, just that it's not their thing (mostly sports is).

Did you have a church wedding?

I totally get that. There was a while there in college I did the same thing, not because I was hiding anything but because there's no reason to mention it to a bunch of people who are more focused on other hobbies. What am I going to talk to them about when it comes to video games? Not a whole lot. :P

And yeah, it was a church wedding. My wife (tee-hee-hee) had grown up with the pastor so it was a very personal and unique ceremony. It wasn't too serious and there were plenty of laughs. Weather was great, everyone had a lot of fun, no drama. It came together to be a perfect day.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1309 lundy86_4  Online

@Zassimick said:

I totally get that. There was a while there in college I did the same thing, not because I was hiding anything but because there's no reason to mention it to a bunch of people who are more focused on other hobbies. What am I going to talk to them about when it comes to video games? Not a whole lot. :P

And yeah, it was a church wedding. My wife (tee-hee-hee) had grown up with the pastor so it was a very personal and unique ceremony. It wasn't too serious and there were plenty of laughs. Weather was great, everyone had a lot of fun, no drama. It came together to be a perfect day.

Awesome. Good to hear that it all went well.

I'm not religious (at all), but I do want to get married in a church/cathedral... Beyond the religion, they're quite beautiful.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1310 zassimick  Moderator

@lundy86_4 said:

Awesome. Good to hear that it all went well.

I'm not religious (at all), but I do want to get married in a church/cathedral... Beyond the religion, they're quite beautiful.

Yeah, she's the religious one out of the two of us. :P But it was beautiful there; got some nice photos taken with the stained glass. 10/10 would recommend. :P

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1311 lundy86_4  Online

@Zassimick said:

Yeah, she's the religious one out of the two of us. :P But it was beautiful there; got some nice photos taken with the stained glass. 10/10 would recommend. :P

Nice. Any honeymoon planned?

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1312 zassimick  Moderator

@lundy86_4 said:

Nice. Any honeymoon planned?

Not at the current moment. We were planning on a big move out to the Boston area (we're from the Midwest) so that would have eaten up a lot of our funds. We had also decided we'd probably find a lot of sight-seeing to do out there. Then, about two weeks ago I came home after a long shift and we talked about the move, whether it was the right thing for us. Between the cost of living and a few other reasons, we decided against moving out there. She turned down her job and we cancelled the deposit on an apartment we sent out the night before, and that was that.

So now we're planning on moving to the Minneapolis area. We know we like it out there, it's an upgrade from where we're at now but similar in a lot of ways, and there are a lot of opportunities for both of us. So we're planning to move there before the end of this month. And since it's cheaper, I think we'll be saving up and taking a late honeymoon next year to Florida. We both really want to go to Harry Potter World, and then going to Disney and Universal and some other attractions. I have family out there and a couple of our friends work at those theme parks so we can get some free tickets in, so it sounds like a terrific option!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1313  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@Zassimick said:

Not at the current moment. We were planning on a big move out to the Boston area (we're from the Midwest) so that would have eaten up a lot of our funds. We had also decided we'd probably find a lot of sight-seeing to do out there. Then, about two weeks ago I came home after a long shift and we talked about the move, whether it was the right thing for us. Between the cost of living and a few other reasons, we decided against moving out there. She turned down her job and we cancelled the deposit on an apartment we sent out the night before, and that was that.

So now we're planning on moving to the Minneapolis area. We know we like it out there, it's an upgrade from where we're at now but similar in a lot of ways, and there are a lot of opportunities for both of us. So we're planning to move there before the end of this month. And since it's cheaper, I think we'll be saving up and taking a late honeymoon next year to Florida. We both really want to go to Harry Potter World, and then going to Disney and Universal and some other attractions. I have family out there and a couple of our friends work at those theme parks so we can get some free tickets in, so it sounds like a terrific option!

Congrats! Honestly, that sounds like a lot of fun, and really well grounded. There's honestly nothing better than a couple who are comfortable and aren't rushing into things. I gave that up myself, and I miss her to this day.

There's a difference between moving and visiting. It's largely why I keep my UK passport, in case I want to move back to Europe with somebody.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1314 zassimick  Moderator

@lundy86_4 said:

Congrats! Honestly, that sounds like a lot of fun, and really well grounded. There's honestly nothing better than a couple who are comfortable and aren't rushing into things. I gave that up myself, and I miss her to this day.

There's a difference between moving and visiting. It's largely why I keep my UK passport, in case I want to move back to Europe with somebody.

It was quite the decision, but one we had to make logically. And honestly, we both felt better after the decision was made so we took that as a good sign.

So where are you at now? I take it you enjoyed Europe?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1315  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@Zassimick said:

It was quite the decision, but one we had to make logically. And honestly, we both felt better after the decision was made so we took that as a good sign.

So where are you at now? I take it you enjoyed Europe?

That's good. Deciding where to move is hard.

I'm in Canada (great country) after I moved from England, where I was born and raised for 17 years. I'd love to move back to Europe (somewhere with serious history), and grow old.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1316  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@lundy86_4: If I had the money I'd move to the UK.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1317 lundy86_4  Online

@Ballroompirate said:

If you had serious money, it would probably be sweet. It's an expensive country, but it has a huge amount of history (duh). I'd love to move to London... Maybe once I win the lottery.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1318  Edited By Ballroompirate

@lundy86_4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

If you had serious money, it would probably be sweet. It's an expensive country, but it has a huge amount of history (duh). I'd love to move to London... Maybe once I win the lottery.

Murica is getting pretty damn expensive (among a few other things), I know London can be up there but I'd move to somewhere like Manchester, York or somewhere out in the country. Hell I'd even settle for Derby since that's where my mom side of the family is from.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1319 lundy86_4  Online

@Ballroompirate said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Murica is getting pretty damn expensive (amonst a few other things), I know London can be up there but I'd move to somewhere like Manchester, York or somewhere out in the country. Hell I'd even settle for Derby since that's where my mom side of the family is from.

Manchester is my neck of the woods. That was where I went drinking. The country is super nice... My rents had some friends who converted a barn in Yorkshire (forget teh specifics).

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1320 Ballroompirate

@lundy86_4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Murica is getting pretty damn expensive (amonst a few other things), I know London can be up there but I'd move to somewhere like Manchester, York or somewhere out in the country. Hell I'd even settle for Derby since that's where my mom side of the family is from.

Manchester is my neck of the woods. That was where I went drinking. The country is super nice... My rents had some friends who converted a barn in Yorkshire (forget teh specifics).

I just love UK and their culture, seriously if I had like $100,000 or around that I would move up there

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1321 lundy86_4  Online

@Ballroompirate said:

I just love UK and their culture, seriously if I had like $100,000 or around that I would move up there

It is pretty great. Hell, we drink a lot... What's not to like?

I'd probably want to move to Paris or Rome... Those would be my choices.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1322 Ballroompirate

@lundy86_4: UK all day every day :P, don't think I could stand France and Rome...heard a few bad things about their politics and what not.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1323 parkurtommo
@Ballroompirate said:

@lundy86_4: UK all day every day :P, don't think I could stand France and Rome...heard a few bad things about their politics and what not.

Politics? Lol in Europe politics are practically meaningless. People just like to complain about who's in charge. When really, in a lot of southern Europe, voters are a minority, most people don't give a shit (but occasionally complain).

If you don't like France and Italy there's always Portugal. :P

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1324  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Congrats Zass. Way to cross that finish line.

Been playing Tomb Raider Anniversary. Man it is so weird to go to a game where not only is the first boss a fucking T-rex, but so much of the early portion of the game isn't even combat. You're exploring and solving puzzles in a tomb. Shit is cray. Though to be fair, it's because the combat SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1325 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Been playing Tomb Raider Anniversary. Man it is so weird to go to a game where not only is the first boss a fucking T-rex, but so much of the early portion of the game isn't even combat. You're exploring and solving puzzles in a tomb. Shit is cray. Though to be fair, it's because the combat SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

Nice choice. The fact that Anniversary exists makes me happy considering it's instantly superior than the original version.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#1326 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

I dont get the fuss over living in Paris or Rome. UK sounds decent, but I cant stand the weather. Amsterdam always seemed like the most ideal place to live in around Europe.

I'd love to live in Singapore for a few years. Cant really say no to a near 0% unemployment, high standards of living, little to no traffic, efficient transport and good food. But the long work hours is rather off putting. Kuala Lumpur sounds just as nice, despite the people there being a little conservative.

Bleh, Canada. It's just a poor mans Australia, but with terrible cold weather.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1327 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@illmatic87 said:

I dont get the fuss over living in Paris or Rome. UK sounds decent, but I cant stand the weather. Amsterdam always seemed like the most ideal place to live in around Europe.

I'd love to live in Singapore for a few years. Cant really say no to a near 0% unemployment, high standards of living, little to no traffic, efficient transport and good food. But the long work hours is rather off putting. Kuala Lumpur sounds just as nice, despite the people there being a little conservative.

Bleh, Canada. It's just a poor mans Australia, but with terrible cold weather.

So Australia is New Zealand's hat?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1328 Ballroompirate

@parkurtommo said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Politics? Lol in Europe politics are practically meaningless. People just like to complain about who's in charge. When really, in a lot of southern Europe, voters are a minority, most people don't give a shit (but occasionally complain).

If you don't like France and Italy there's always Portugal. :P

Rome is pretty corrupt from what I hear...or that might be Greece lol. America and it's voters try to make a big deal out of it but it isn't, it's like do I vote for dumbass on the red team or the dumbass on the blue team. Then you have the most douchebag society ever known with the concept of "as long as I'm making money I don't give a F about anyone else".

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1329 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

Head's up for TWEWY fans: Square-Enix will be holding the Subarashiki Kono Sekai / TWEWY Preview Night over at ARTNIA, their store/bar/cafe, to promote the upcoming album by TWEWY composer Takeharu Ishimoto's band, The Death March, which is hitting stores September 17th. While you probably won't get to hear about TWEWY 2 there, you may want to keep an eye on it regardless. Besides, the music is fantastic.

You can listen to a few of The Death March's latest creations here.

KHInsider, via NeoGAF

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1330 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@kitty said:

@ladyblue said:

I forget...

You shouldn't be strolling around system wars without one.

would you like to be the owner of a kitty?

I always wanted a kitty.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#1331 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@Technoweirdo said:

Head's up for TWEWY fans: Square-Enix will be holding the Subarashiki Kono Sekai / TWEWY Preview Night over at ARTNIA, their store/bar/cafe, to promote the upcoming album by TWEWY composer Takeharu Ishimoto's band, The Death March, which is hitting stores September 17th. While you probably won't get to hear about TWEWY 2 there, you may want to keep an eye on it regardless. Besides, the music is fantastic.

KHInsider, via NeoGAF

lol what's a TWEWY?

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1332 LadyBlue

@CyberLips said:

@Technoweirdo said:

KHInsider, via NeoGAF

lol what's a TWEWY?

The world ends with you.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#1333  Edited By CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@ladyblue: Oh i see, thanks.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1334  Edited By LadyBlue

@CyberLips said:

@ladyblue: Oh i see, thanks.

de rien :)

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1336 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
@Desmonic said:

Yeah, okay GS. You keep doing your thing....

Just don't try to take a selfie with a train literally a few inches behind you :P

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1337 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@kitty said:

@ladyblue said:

I forget...

I always wanted a kitty.

Wait you don't have a kitty? :o

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1339 parkurtommo

@kitty said:
@Desmonic said:

Yeah, okay GS. You keep doing your thing....

Just don't try to take a selfie with a train literally a few inches behind you :P

Ahh I remember when you could take selfies in Wind Waker during a boss fight, that was before selfies were even invented!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1340  Edited By Ballroompirate

@parkurtommo:

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1341 parkurtommo

@Ballroompirate said:

@parkurtommo:

Exactly.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1342 parkurtommo

I'm taking this online German course, been learning for about 2 weeks now. It's pretty easy. It's similar to English but then has a few more latin things like in Portuguese, so a lot of it has been pretty "familiar". Learning languages can be quite fun once you've learned a second one, it kind of makes you more aware of how different and how similar cultures can be.

I'm gonna be moving to Berlin next year, should be interesting.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1344 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Our culture? Have you not seen Jeremy Kyle?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1345 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

haha. jeremy kyle.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1346 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

God damn, I kind of wish they would just lock/ban the dumb $400 PC threads

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1347 LadyBlue

@kitty said:

@ladyblue said:

@kitty said:

@ladyblue said:

I forget...

I always wanted a kitty.

Wait you don't have a kitty? :o

I have one now. :)

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1348  Edited By LadyBlue

Get excited for the Direct.

MM 3D remake surprise, plox.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1349 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lostrib said:

and amazon best sellers threads and resolution threads

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1350 parkurtommo
@mems_1224 said:

@lostrib said:

and amazon best sellers threads and resolution threads

I think it wouldn't be much of a stretch to just extend that to threads in general.

No threads allowed in SW = A better world.