System Wars lounge V 87: The Immersive old school sim Masterpiece Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1651 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25045 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: Cobra Kai? It's pretty good. Not the best thing ever, basically mid, above mid.

Does a good job of capturing the vibes of the original movies (and 80s) without turning into Stranger Things where it's shouting "REMEMBER THE 80's?"every 20 sec.

Quite chill as good, good spirited. Like the opposite of something like GOT.

No. im talking about before trilogy.

before sunrise before midnight before sunset before dawn before shit.

those 3 movies are wayy too high rated.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1652 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59290 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Donno what you're talking about my freind.

Never heard of it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1653 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: Donno what you're talking about my freind.

Never heard of it.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/before_sunrise

these movies.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1654  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

@ghosts4ever: LMAO it appears the Before trilogy has been haunting your mind since I mentioned it several months ago in your trilogy thread.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1655 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@hardwenzen: The actual ending is fine, but how they got there wasn't because it was rushed and not set up properly.

Many are just pissed because they assumed someone was going to win the throne in the end and it didn't happen that way.

Not sure if you finished it yet, so trying to not give details.

No, far from finished. Don't want to know anything, the throne thing was already too much lol

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1656 Ghosts4ever

@jaydan said:

@ghosts4ever: LMAO it appears the Before trilogy has been haunting your mind since I mentioned it several months ago in your trilogy thread.

Tried watching it. its trash. but it last almost 10 years long LOL!!!.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1657 jaydan

@ghosts4ever: Oh believe me, I would have never recommended the Before trilogy to you, because I already expected nothing less than the kind of response you have delivered LOL

Not a trilogy for simple minds that only watch mainstream trash like Star Wars and John Wick.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1658  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts

Well, just beat Star Wars; The Force Unleashed - Krome Edition (Wii/PS2) in a while. Oddly, I got the dark side ending first (Sith Stalker armor is too cool).

Besides that, while I loved it in my last year in high school, I realize some of the flaws now (hell, I did when I played TFU2 on Wii). Lightsaber combat doesn't feel like it should (Outcast and Academy were much better in that regard, even with flawed console ports). A contradicting story (like mucking up the origins of the Rebel Alliance) that thankfully got retconned with Rebels and Fallen Order. It was definitely a series of games that felt like Lucasarts wanted to make a Star Wars take on Devil May Cry, Onimusha 3, God of War, and 04 Ninja Gaiden.

That said, there is some charm to being a Jedi version of Broly from Dragon Ball. And I still had a decent time.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1659  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@jaydan said:

@ghosts4ever: Oh believe me, I would have never recommended the Before trilogy to you, because I already expected nothing less than the kind of response you have delivered LOL

Not a trilogy for simple minds that only watch mainstream trash like Star Wars and John Wick.

even first hour of john wick >>>>>>>>>>>>> entire before trilogy spawn 10 years. LOL!!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1660 jaydan

@ghosts4ever: The first ten minutes of John Wick is expositional garbage to give an excuse for mindless action, spread thin over the course of 3 going on 4 movies now.

I'll give you credit though, you like Spaghetti Westerns, which is better than all these things.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1661 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7716 Posts

Hellsinger was a fun game, thanks uncle Phil for game pass

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1662 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts

Hey @Juub1990 I wanted to answer the question on that locked thread. From the description, I think you are referring to Tchia which was revealed at the VGA 2020 for Stadia time exclusive...not anymore and never got the chance to be an exclusive due to having multiple delays. Anyway, the game got another new trailer 3 months and releasing early 2023 for PS4, PS5, & PC. Funny enough, I forgot I have this game on my Steam wishlist:

Loading Video...

Fits the description of the Indian girl with magical eyes taking control of various animals and converting her soul.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1663 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@davillain: Nah, not that. It was a realistic game. Not cartoonish at all.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1664 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts

Oh well, I tried🤷‍♂️

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1665 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2486 Posts

Forced to listen to the same preapproved songs at work over and over again, I realized The Offspring was better than a lot of other popular musicians of the '90s. They're in my collection now. Dreadful musical decade.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1666 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3054 Posts

What would yall do if you won a mega lottery? I'm talking like 500 million at least. I think I would like to create a company that creates and customizes artificial limbs for people. Like crazy customizations. Transforming parts, custom paints,led lights.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1667 jaydan

@hardwenzen: who?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1668 Ghosts4ever

@jaydan said:

@ghosts4ever: The first ten minutes of John Wick is expositional garbage to give an excuse for mindless action, spread thin over the course of 3 going on 4 movies now.

I'll give you credit though, you like Spaghetti Westerns, which is better than all these things.

John wick introduction is most badass introduction

Loading Video...

Are you really comparing this to Before shit trilogy?? LMAO!!!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1669  Edited By jaydan

@ghosts4ever: Dear Ghosts,

Before trilogy and John Wick are not even close to the same genre of film.

One of them is a romance trilogy and the other is B-movie action.

You can't possibly compare the two and the fact you do shows your shallowness and lack of depth to your mind.

You have long since proven you like men with muscles and that's your main metric for rating both games and movies.

Men with muscles? = 10/10

No men with muscles? = shit/10

This is what happens when you dropped out of school. LOL

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1670 Ghosts4ever

@jaydan said:

@ghosts4ever: Dear Ghosts,

Before trilogy and John Wick are not even close to the same genre of film.

One of them is a romance trilogy and the other is B-movie action.

You can't possibly compare the two and the fact you do shows your shallowness and lack of depth to your mind.

You have long since proven you like men with muscles and that's your main metric for rating both games and movies.

Men with muscles? = 10/10

No men with muscles? = shit/10

This is what happens when you dropped out of school. LOL

you bring John wick here. then I started to compare it.

while john wick is no longer now trilogy. Original Jason bourne remain best trilogy of all time.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1671  Edited By jaydan

@ghosts4ever: John Wick is your bread and butter. I bring it in because that's why you think Before trilogy is shit, because it's not John Wick. You already compared it to John Wick, whether you brought it into this conversation or not.

You're too predictable with your tastes, Ghosts.

Jason Bourne is even worse than John Wick. Shake-cam is by far the worst camera "technique" of all-time, and Jason Bourne really hit the fan with that one. I don't want to watch a movie that gives a headache to watch.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1672  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@jaydan said:

@ghosts4ever: John Wick is your bread and butter. I bring it in because that's why you think Before trilogy is shit, because it's not John Wick. You already compared it to John Wick, whether you brought it into this conversation or not.

You're too predictable with your tastes, Ghosts.

Jason Bourne is even worse than John Wick. Shake-cam is by far the worst camera "technique" of all-time, and Jason Bourne really hit the fan with that one. I don't want to watch a movie that gives a headache to watch.

Jason bourne is now bad? LOL keep watching before trilogy crap.

Jason bourne has been hunted by CIA and gone rouge running away from here and there while losing his memories. it was unique and different kind of action movie in early 00s when everyone was making generic Die hard clones.

Jason bourne was not puff, big muscles etc. he is rogue agent running away.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1673 jaydan

@ghosts4ever: Shake cam is by far the worst gimmick of all-time, right up there with found footage trash like Paranormal Activity.

Shake-cam is like if diarrhea and vomit decided to team up and be cinematographers, and then Jason Bourne is what they came up with.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1674 Ghosts4ever

@jaydan said:

@ghosts4ever: Shake cam is by far the worst gimmick of all-time, right up there with found footage trash like Paranormal Activity.

Shake-cam is like if diarrhea and vomit decided to team up and be cinematographers, and then Jason Bourne is what they came up with.

I dindot mind shake cam. it was unique action movie of its time.

Jason bourne revolutionize action movies otherwise we would keep getting generic Die hard clones which got boring fast.

I watch those movies if main character is badass anti hero. like how clint eastwood was in dollars trilogy back in days.

in romantic movies main character is nothing more than crybabies.

I did watched Titanic. I think leonardo dicaprio is amazing actor but in titanic it was his worst performance. he was nothing by crybaby.

I also did watched La la land and didnot see how come it won so many awards.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1675 jaydan
Loading Video...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1676  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10538 Posts

i see what people mean now with thor love and thunder. not what i was expecting.

at times felt like it went far beyond ragnorak's visual flimsiness and was trying to rival phantom menace in how much it could overuse cgi. and thor's dialogue was less humorous buffoon of ragnorak and more cringey boris johnson-like mumble jumble, certainly early on in the film.

a few funny moments, but whereas i thought ragnorak was very accessible for adults, love and thunder feels like you'd enjoy it most if you haven't made it to secondary school yet

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1677 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@jaydan said:

John wick introduction is most badass introduction

Loading Video...

Are you really comparing this to Before shit trilogy?? LMAO!!!

wtf is Theon Greyjoy doing in John Wick? bruh

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1678 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7348 Posts

@warm_gun: Ah come-on, the 90's wasn't all bad. Offspring, Weezer, Alice in Chains, Radiohead... Though I will admit things took a dive after 96, but before that was pretty great.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1679 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts

@judaspete: 90s was awesome! But not because Weezer and radiohead 😅

Just my tastes obviously

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1680 jaydan

@ghosts4ever: I don't like Titanic either, overrated like most of James Cameron's work.

La La Land is alright. I might be biased though because I have a friend that's in that movie. I liked the honest ending though, the fact that their careers drove them apart despite having chemistry.

Are there any movies in the romance genre that you do like?

One of my all-time favorites is definitely Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. More like a sci-fi romance, but I love how it deconstructs it and every time I watch this film, I see different angles and perspectives of what it's trying to say.

I really enjoyed Silver Linings Playbook as well.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1681 Ghosts4ever

@jaydan said:

@ghosts4ever: I don't like Titanic either, overrated like most of James Cameron's work.

La La Land is alright. I might be biased though because I have a friend that's in that movie. I liked the honest ending though, the fact that their careers drove them apart despite having chemistry.

Are there any movies in the romance genre that you do like?

One of my all-time favorites is definitely Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. More like a sci-fi romance, but I love how it deconstructs it and every time I watch this film, I see different angles and perspectives of what it's trying to say.

I really enjoyed Silver Linings Playbook as well.

nope. romance movies suck as always. they are boring and full of fantasies that doesnot happened in real life actually. of course action movies not exist in real but they are entertainment.

The Godfather if its called romantic movie because theres romance I actually like but its Crime drama.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1682 jaydan

@ghosts4ever: The only romance I tend to like is when it's not just "happily ever after" but a more realistic approach that they don't always work out. Silver Linings Playbook he ends up not being with his ex wife in the end even though that's what the whole motivation was.

Blue Valentine was just depressing, and I don't think I can handle watching that one again.

The Before trilogy, ends with destruction and uncertainty.

Marriage Story was an interesting one. More like a courtroom drama of a couple going through divorce.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1683  Edited By nintendoboy16

Well, had a moment where I was the most frustrated with my co-workers (two of them).

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1684 jaydan

@ghosts4ever: Her was also an interesting one, also a sci-fi romance. You know, the one where the guy falls in love with his smartphone lol

That movie could have gone so wrong, but it ended up being interesting.

I guess if I like anything at all in the romance genre, sci-fi romance I'm most inclined to enjoy.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1685 Ghosts4ever

@jaydan said:

@ghosts4ever: Her was also an interesting one, also a sci-fi romance. You know, the one where the guy falls in love with his smartphone lol

I guess if I like anything at all in the romance genre, sci-fi romance I'm most inclined to enjoy.

why are you recommending me romantic movies?

they all suck.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1686 jaydan

@ghosts4ever: Oh and what about Bonnie and Clyde? Most iconic crime romance out there.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1687 jaydan

@ghosts4ever: Because you went off and watched Before after I mentioned it, and I didn't even recommend that to you LOL

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1688 hardwenzen
Loading Video...

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1689 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14823 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Well, had a moment where I was the most frustrated with my co-workers (two of them).

Post office?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1690  Edited By nintendoboy16

@SOedipus: Retail. Cashier. I was supposed to cover one cashier for lunch, but at the same time, another leaves with her and I end up covering two cashier's. Worse, a Monday morning rush hour.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1691 jaydan

I definitely do not miss working in retail, or restaurants.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1692 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59290 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@jaydan said:

why are you recommending me romantic movies?

they all suck.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is an excellent romance movie.

All that time, he could put penis inside Michael Yeoh, but decides to be weird bald Yoda guy instead, and dies. Extremely sad. I cried.

Loading Video...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1693  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10538 Posts

picked up dying light 2 for £20 on sat. ten hours in and it's better than expected.

like fallout / outer worlds meets metro. a bit like exodus but the flitting between open world and linear is less jarring in this. and the dialogue is bearable.

it's nothing you haven't seen before - all the usual suspects - sonar sense, crafting, skill trees, map markers, back-story tape recordings... ubi-esque but at least it feels like its been put together by humans rather than whatever directs ubisoft games. some sort of game-by-numbers ai.

just need it to stay interesting. dying light 2 stay human interesting. techland boasting it would take 500 hours to finish, then quickly backtracking to more like forty when everyone gasped in horror lol. forty is just about palatable for these rpg hybrids but it's still a long time to keep your attention when it's sat on that tired ubi template. it's got the potential building blocks to keep it interesting, stealth, horror, action, parkour, verticality, exploration, dynamic decision based plot, so optimistically speaking it's in with a shot

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1694 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:

I definitely do not miss working in retail, or restaurants.

Unless you're a Chef in a quality restaurant, just thinking of working in a restaurant for minimum wage or your local bestbuy makes me depressed af.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1695 jaydan

@hardwenzen: I worked in a nice restaurant. Used to work behind a bar, used to shuck oysters and all that. It was probably my favorite odd job, but gotta move onto better things eventually, and I did.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1696 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:

@hardwenzen: I worked in a nice restaurant. Used to work behind a bar, used to shuck oysters and all that. It was probably my favorite odd job, but gotta move onto better things eventually, and I did.

What's your depressing retail experiences? I hope you weren't traumatized for life from working at a gamestop.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1697  Edited By jaydan
@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

What's your depressing retail experiences? I hope you weren't traumatized for life from working at a gamestop.

It's been so long I'd have to give that one some thought. I do recall a funny story, though.

One year it was Black Friday, and anyone who has worked retail knows how Black Friday is one of the biggest days of the year and a store will hype it up months in advance, everyone dreading the big day.

It was upper management's bright choice to place me and one other coworker on cart duty in the lot for the whole night.

The results was very unexpected: it was so insanely busy that all the carts were taken up by customers, and the moment a customer left a cart, someone else would come take it.

My coworker and myself treated it like a game to collect as many carts as possible and make it to the store. Nope, our carts would disintegrate before we even reached the store every single time.

All the staff inside were so busy and they completely forgot about us outside. So my coworker pulled out his bong and we ended up spending the entire rest of the shift smoking pot in his car. We got stoned out of our fucking minds at work. No one ever checked on us. By the end of our shifts we trampled our big bloodshot eyes to the back of the store, weaving through all the chaos, and were like "woah, what a tough shift lol" and then clocked our stoned asses out.

Best Black Friday ever.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1698 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

It's been so long I'd have to give that one some thought. I do recall a funny story, though.

One year it was Black Friday, and anyone who has worked retail knows how Black Friday is one of the biggest days of the year and a store will hype it up months in advance, everyone dreading the big day.

It was upper management's bright choice to place me and one other coworker on cart duty in the lot for the whole night.

The results was very unexpected: it was so insanely busy that all the carts were taken up by customers, and the moment a customer left a cart, someone else would come take it.

My coworker and myself treated it like a game to collect as many carts as possible and make it to the store. Nope, our carts would disintegrate before we even reached the store every single time.

All the staff inside were so busy and they completely forgot about us outside. So my coworker pulled out his bong and we ended up spending the entire rest of the shift smoking pot in his car. We got stoned out of our fucking minds at work. No one ever checked on us. By the end of our shifts we trampled our big bloodshot eyes to the back of the store, weaving through all the chaos, and were like "woah, what a tough shift lol" and then clocked our stoned asses out.

Best Black Friday ever.

What a gamer.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1699 jaydan

@hardwenzen: It was like Saving Private Ryan level of chaos in the store. Many fallen retail associates that night. My coworker and myself, weaved through it unscathed.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1700 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts

I used to work at longs years ago and I loved it personally. Had fun with most coworkers and customers were friendly.