System Wars lounge V 85: Star Trek vs Star Wars Edition.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#1251 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: gotta look that up...

Also, not to get too personal, but where does baby sleep if not in bassinet?

They offer a military discount which is nice, or you can rent it.

Typically on our chests and we take "shifts" staying awake with little dude. We think it's acid reflux since he doesn't like laying on his back. :( We have an appointment with a lactation consultant and our pediatrician so hopefully we can get things to improve for dude.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1252 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: If you haven't tried, use a slightly inclined cushion.

My wife used one for herself because of acid reflux.

My son had the same thing, but also trouble breathing on a flat surface.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1253 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Chutebox said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: If you haven't tried, use a slightly inclined cushion.

My wife used one for herself because of acid reflux.

My son had the same thing, but also trouble breathing on a flat surface.

And that's what is terrifying and trying to avoid. I also have to prevent the Mrs. from unnecessarily Googling things, which raises her blood pressure. lol

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1254 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: The idea of being a parent sometimes scares the crap outta me. I'm a barely functioning adult; I'm afraid I'd damage the kid more than what I'm already am.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1255 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@hallenbeck77 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: The idea of being a parent sometimes scares the crap outta me. I'm a barely functioning adult; I'm afraid I'd damage the kid more than what I'm already am.

Folks were not joking when they said the first month is hell.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#1256 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

Loading Video...

Cup, this movie is best retelling the story of rome/juliet. Its basically jet li revenge action/martial arts movie instead of clitche story where both dies or commit suicide at end.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1257  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58961 Posts

@ghosts4ever: My freind if you want romantic Kung Fu love story, with lots of romance tries Hidden Dragon, Tiger something something. Has hot woman doing Dragonball stuff and a bald icel dude who refuses to bang Michelle Yeoh even though she's offering it on a plate.

Also forgot they made a Resident Evil X-files clone. Very tempted to check it out even though it looks like it ages about as well as already sour milk.

Loading Video...
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1258 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: My freind if you want romantic Kung Fu love story, with lots of romance tries Hidden Dragon, Tiger something something. Has hot woman doing Dragonball stuff and a bald icel dude who refuses to bang Michelle Yeoh even though she's offering it on a plate.

Also forgot they made a Resident Evil X-files clone. Very tempted to check it out even though it looks like it ages about as well as already sour milk.

Loading Video...

what romeo must die did. turn some cliche romantic movie where 2 rival familes in war and main characters who are lover commit suicide (stupidiest thing anyone can do for that).

it follow Jet li who is also engage with rival family and king fu martial arts but they never shown them as type of lover who commit suicide at end. It was revenge story that is based on cliche romantic literature.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1259 uninspiredcup

80's Michelle Yeoh 11/10.

Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1260 Ghosts4ever

https://www.ign.com/articles/system-shock-live-action-tv-series-in-the-works-binge

System Shock TV series is coming.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1261 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: Pft, wait until the dude is crawling/walking around stuffing everything in his mouth.

Easily most stressful months to me.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1262 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Chutebox said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Pft, wait until the dude is crawling/walking around stuffing everything in his mouth.

Easily most stressful months to me.

Oh lawd, I can't wait. D:

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1263 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/system-shock-live-action-tv-series-in-the-works-binge

System Shock TV series is coming.

I'll believe it when I see it. I had to look to see what the hell is Binge, it's a streaming service that hasn't even launched yet. Because as we all know, there a huge shortage of streaming services available now.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1264  Edited By uninspiredcup

Love System Shock, but like a lot of games is it just "generic shit lifted from Hollywood movies".

Weird one as well, the game was never popular, both were flops. Only in recent years has (primarily 2) been appraised as one of the most, most games ever.

Probably argue to this day not enough people really give SS1 credit. It's sequel, and basically Halflife stole its tepid thunder.

Of all the video games to use, the one no one has heard of, probably not the ideal choice.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1265  Edited By uninspiredcup

First Blender thing. A humble Chess board.

Want to jump past this stuff and get to sculping but, be stupid without learning how to wipe your ass.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1266  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2410 Posts

First Peter Jackson degrained the Lord of the Rings movies in 4K, making it look more wax-like. Now he's doing the same thing to the archival Beatles footage for Get Back. Why don't people like him and James Cameron (his Terminator 2 4K master) realize how awful it looks?

Like a digital painting.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1267 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Microsoft Reminds Us How Forza Is Really Pronounced

With Forza Horizon 5 releasing soon, Microsoft reminds fans of the correct way to pronounce "Forza."

Xbox engineer Brenna Duffitt reminded people that it should be pronounced "FORT-ZA not FORZZZA." Xbox global games marketing's Kelly Lombardi chimed in as well with a funny meme of Hermione from Harry Potter explaining how Forza is actually pronounced.

Another Xbox marketing boss, Matt Chang, said the pronunciation is easy to remember. It's pronounced like Pizza. "That's what I tell people," Chang said.

----

Learn something new every day. lol :P

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#1268  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

@SecretPolice:

I dabbled in learning Italian every once in a while, so I already knew this. "Z" in Italian is always pronounced as "ts" when used as a suffix.

"Forza" is Italian for force or power, but is commonly used as a cheer in sports and games, similar to "come on!"

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1269 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@madrocketeer:

Well, now I'm really ashamed of myself, I'm of Italian heritage and should have known this. lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#1270 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

Being sleepy and driving is a terrible combination

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1271  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: Hang in there man. Eventually the baby will start sleeping through the night. It will freak you out, I kept waking up and checking to make sure my daughter was okay the first few times she did it. But the day will come when you will get to sleep again, and will be a glorious day indeed.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1272 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@judaspete said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Hang in there man. Eventually the baby will start sleeping through the night. It will freak you out, I kept waking up and checking to make sure my daughter was okay the first few times she did it. But the day will come when you get to sleep again, and will be a glorious day indeed.

Appreciate the positivity, the Mrs and I need it. lol

The days seem twice as long because we each only get about 2-3 hours of sleep. Luckily, we're both on parental leave but I go back to work in a couple weeks. Which, now that I think about it, is going to be a tough transition with the sleep...

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1273 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: In my experience, your body gets used to running on 3hrs of sleep. Even now when I could sleep for 8hrs, I just naturally wake up after around 5.

Going back to work may not end up being as bad as you expect. For me it was kind of a nice break, parenting was the harder job.

Don't worry, all of this gets better as they get older.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1274 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@judaspete said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: In my experience, your body gets used to running on 3hrs of sleep. Even now when I could sleep for 8hrs, I just naturally wake up after around 5.

Going back to work may not end up being as bad as you expect. For me it was kind of a nice break, parenting was the harder job.

Don't worry, all of this gets better as they get older.

It's definitely adjusted that's for sure. Luckily, working nearly a decade on a graveyard shift allowed me some "experience" in being with the little dude at night.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1275  Edited By uninspiredcup

Haha, holy shit. The last Halloween movie was a surprisingly good sequel, "Halloween Kills" is complete schlock. Not sure if it's deliberate, but scene for scene basically pissing myself laughing.

Fav part lady Nurse lady bangs the door and shoots herself in the face with magnum.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1276 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Conan i don't know why you subject yourself to this forum still. The bad taste, the bad takes, the overwhelming evidence that on top of just not being media literate, goons here are straight up illiterate. Cup hasn't had a funny joke in at least 4 years.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1277 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Whoa chill, Cups retired.

Yeah honestly don't know. Troll shit doesn't bother me, just scroll by. Can even ignore the constant sales/scores/graphics and the relatively new budget/value wars shit. No appeal, don't care.

But the actual game discussion, aside from a few users, just... 😬

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1278 jg4xchamp

That's what im talking about. At least be funny with the trolling. We went from dunking on the console wars with comparing Pancakes to Waffles and dumb SW bets, to this mundane shit.

You would think at least the daily moment to moment gameplay convo would evolve, because they would have unique things to bitch at Ghost about besides, "you make the same thread every day".........bitch you make the same post every single day, shut the **** up lol

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1279 ConanTheStoner  Online

😂

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1280 uninspiredcup

Champs random passive-aggressiveness.

Suspect it was the Street Fighter match.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1281 jg4xchamp

I am actually perfectly okay with taking Ls in a fighting game sir, ask Conan and his fucking strike throw Nago Tatsu. I mean I curse his whole fucking bloodline in the moment haha, but you know....after we still homies lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1282 uninspiredcup

Need a new fighting game. Tried to Strive but aside from being shit at anime fighters, the login in, rooms annoyance had a cumulated effect basically walked away.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1283  Edited By jg4xchamp

KoF15 when it comes out. It might have Rollbutt.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1284 uninspiredcup

Loved KOF14, if it had cross play probably end up playing it just as much as SFV.

Not gonna bother with 15 if it ain't got cross-play though. Prob pick it up in a sale few months later, drip out dozen hours.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1285  Edited By uninspiredcup

Every time use Blender feels like should be paying a grand for it.

Feels odd using something so chalked full of tools completely free.

Having said that still not industry standard and from reading, will never be.

Still, see a lot of Photoshop alternatives charging through the nose. This seems to basically be the 3D equivalent of Krita.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1286 jg4xchamp

@uninspiredcup said:

Loved KOF14, if it had cross play probably end up playing it just as much as SFV.

Not gonna bother with 15 if it ain't got cross-play though. Prob pick it up in a sale few months later, drip out dozen hours.

cross play can be overcome if the game has good rollback netcode this time. Melty Blood has 1500 players online right now, and its hardly some juggernaut franchise, and has had a suspect PC port. But having reliable netcode means you will still get a reliable, core fighting game player base.

obviously if the number is bigger, you will also get more scrubs to deal with to help the learning phase of the game. The homework phase.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1287  Edited By Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10438 Posts

that jaffe thread is lively, even cup's battling, don't usually see him scrapping

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1288 uninspiredcup

@Macutchi: Na, been posting shit.

Played 1 Metroid title, and it's not Nintendos

It is one of the better threads.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1289  Edited By uninspiredcup

@jg4xchamp said:
@uninspiredcup said:

cross play can be overcome if the game has good rollback netcode this time. Melty Blood has 1500 players online right now, and its hardly some juggernaut franchise, and has had a suspect PC port. But having reliable netcode means you will still get a reliable, core fighting game player base.

obviously if the number is bigger, you will also get more scrubs to deal with to help the learning phase of the game. The homework phase.

Yea, know stuff like Fightcade and Discords are 1 click away. But the skill ceiling jumps up in those basically need to hack away at it for weeks, if not months on end to even become barely competent. Just ain't got time (or frankly) the will for that at the moment.

Be great if SNK blew up and got the audience they deserve with their new Saudi warlord, but at moment accepted them as the Tim Henman of the genre.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#1290 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

Congrats on the blender hijinks, cup.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1291  Edited By jg4xchamp
@uninspiredcup said:

Yea, know stuff like Fightcade and Discords are 1 click away. But the skill ceiling jumps up in those basically need to hack away at it for weeks, if not months on end to even become barely competent. Just ain't got time (or frankly) the will for that at the moment.

Be great if SNK blew up and got the audience they deserve with their new Saudi warlord, but at moment accepted them as the Tim Henman of the genre.

Well embarrassment to the franchise Strive is also at 3300, so GG got a nice boost as well. your issue is more likely gonna be is that you buy these games well after the fact, where as I think day 1 will be the wave. More scrubs during the learning phase, learn along with the community early, pick up good habits for the game, wam bam, you set.

Spend most of your playtime fighting Conan anyway.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1292 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

Damn, that Black Adam reveal was increadible! DC Fandom is really rolling hard today.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1293  Edited By uninspiredcup

Liking the look of the new Catwoman, unfortunately completely burnt out by Batman at this point, they managed to make fav hero boring.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1294 ConanTheStoner  Online

Yeah obviously cross play would be the best, but KOF15 will probably do well if it has rollback. Not only more people willing to buy and stick with it, but the landscapes changed a bit in recent years in regard to preferred platform. Far more FG fans wanting to play on PC.

But yeah if they pull another no rollback +EGS exclusive, might as well call it dead.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1295  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Willy105: Sorry, must have missed your post. Yea, thanks. Blenders a lot of fun.

Quite impressed with the Udemy course for it as well. Can easily get alot of if from Youtube, but it's great being able to get direct input from a lecturer, as well as concise step by step. The courses are listed at £60+, but pretty much are always cut down to £10, 90% of the time For peasantry learning on a budget, good stuff.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#1296 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

The Batman looks to be the best Batman movie ever made.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1297 ConanTheStoner  Online

@uninspiredcup:

Yeah man, Blender is good shit.

Henning is a great source. Good dude, always puts good info out there. His Modo scripts, running Daily Spitsculpt, and now all the stuff he does through Flipped Normals, guy really lives and breathes this stuff.

He's not wrong in that article. Safest bet for aspiring artists with industry goals would just be to learn Maya. Though "industry standard" has become a meme among 3d artists at this point. The Autodesk (and more recently Houdini) clutch on the industry only comes into focus with the larger studios. And even then, wouldn't preclude one from doing work in another package. Know plenty of guys who do big studio work in Blender. I moved onto Modo years back, less common than even Blender, still never stopped me from getting work at major Max/Maya studios. Get the occasional situation where delivering an OBJ or FBX doesn't cut it, so package in Maya or Max at the end, about it. Maybe learn just enough of Maya or Max to make edits if dependencies become an issue down the pipe.

Mike Nash (rip) was one of the most sought after hard surface artists. Guy did most of his work in the rarely used and eventually discontinued Softimage.

In the realm of modeling, sculpting, and texturing, most studios will be more concerned with the quality of your work than the tools you used to get there. Rigging, animation, rendering, compositing, effects, etc. are where things become more strict.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1298 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Willy105 said:

The Batman looks to be the best Batman movie ever made.

Egh, Robert Pattinson as Batman is bizarre. Maybe being a vampire is more his trade.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1299  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ConanTheStoner: Oh yea, nowhere near that level. Haven't even figured out how to wrap textures yet. Basically dipping toe in the water as hobbiest.

Mainly by accident tbh, was interested in the sculpting,stuff and (rather naively) didn't realize it had all this preliminary stuff before even trying it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1300  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online

@uninspiredcup:

I hear that.

Yeah man, learning the other stuff can only help, but if you really just want to sculpt can dive right in. Learn a few brush behaviors, good to go. Really its own separate skill set.

I know Blender has a "dynamesh" equivalent. Basically start with any shape and just keep going.

Though if you really want to hop right in, would also recommend Sculptris. Free and super easy to learn, can be up and going in under an hour.

And if you like what you create there, can export to Blender or whatever else and keep going.