DonaId

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DonaId
Member since 2012 • 96 Posts

I feel like for the most part every gen gets better.

I mean don’t get me wrong ps1/n64/sat and ps2/gc/Xbox had some revolutionary and creative games.

However trophies/achievements, dlc, patches, hd remakes/remasters, etc.

I feel like every gen improves and am looking to next gen.

Hell Xbox lets you play a huge variety of BC games. Then I would say switch improves the most from Wii U.

I am not knocking Sony though ps4 is a huge step up from ps3.

Also before someone claims I am trolling it is impossible to troll system wars because the premise of the forum is a troll. The only way to troll would be to try and be peaceful and unite everyone

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Unsure why OP came back from the shadows to troll around

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

There's someone who expected them to stay the same?

Also this generation was absolute trash

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Lol, switch is barely above the 3ds. Can you even try?

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@Ant_17: PS3 was better than the PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
Loading Video...

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I think they've improved the least but I agreet that system generations basically keep improving.

It's a wonder though because tons of peple find the original NES fascinating... I guess that means video games has paved a future for a long time to com e.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I feel that with Sony, every generation is worse, Nintendo is super inconsistent, and MS is also in a weird spot.

For me it is:

Ps1>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ps2>>>>>>Ps3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ps4

Xbox360>Xbox>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xboxone

SNES>>>>Switch>NES>>>>>>>N64>>>>>>GC>>>>>WiiU>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii

My point is that I do not feel that things are getting better every generation. Not even close with Sony (but to be fair it is because with Sony I was IN LOVE with Ps1 they had so many great JRPGs, it was not even funny).

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@DonaId said:

I feel like for the most part every gen gets better.

I mean don’t get me wrong ps1/n64/sat and ps2/gc/Xbox had some revolutionary and creative games.

However trophies/achievements, dlc, patches, hd remakes/remasters, etc.

I feel like every gen improves and am looking to next gen.

Hell Xbox lets you play a huge variety of BC games. Then I would say switch improves the most from Wii U.

I am not knocking Sony though ps4 is a huge step up from ps3.

Also before someone claims I am trolling it is impossible to troll system wars because the premise of the forum is a troll. The only way to troll would be to try and be peaceful and unite everyone

XBL and trophies are definitely a form of milestones for consoles even if some consider those controversial.

Current XB's pr gains are exaggerated by the weak entry to this generation. That's still a good thing in a way. Could've been worse.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I would say better to just talk about what certain aspects improve. Digital retail on consoles is improving, I'd say on Xbox One the system was designed to be a digital system from start. Sony is improving on their end too, adding external HDD support and heard a while back making installing and deleting and browsing library to be more comparable with how Xbox does it. What MS is doing regarding BC and honoring rights is a great step in right direction, but I wish Sony would have reinforced this on their end, for starters they had one of the best BC catalogs of PS1/PS2 classics on PS3 and they just as well could have tried carrying that over and building off of it, but didn't. I feel for digital retail on consoles to evolve then users need to feel secure in retention of their digital ownership. If Sony can improve on this too, I would hope that would put Nintendo on notice to do the same.

I find state of AAA games going the direction it has to be more a symptom of 7th gen, gaming development became an arms race, every title seemed to be a gamble in a studio's future. I think digital will help publishers and devs down the road, for instance printing physical copies adds a lot of costs to releasing titles since they have to front royalties to Sony, MS, Nintendo, won't be same with digital releases.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

where the hell did donald and missrespect come from?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@mandzilla: on par with tc.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Xbox has become the absolute worst, it's literally a pointless system at this point.

the original xbox was the only truly quality xbox system IMO, even the 360 was a trashy glorified multiplat box that wasn't as good as any PS console that ever released, and that was supposedly MS's best console.

Buying a Xbox one this gen was like money burning in the camp fire. A complete fail.

What a dumb thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@boxrekt said:

Xbox has become the absolute worst, it's literally a pointless system at this point.

the original xbox was the only truly quality xbox system IMO, even the 360 was a trashy glorified multiplat box that wasn't as good as any PS console that ever released, and that was supposedly MS's best console.

Buying a Xbox one this gen was like money burning in the camp fire. A complete fail.

What a dumb thread.

All shit in my opinion.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@Random_Matt said:
@boxrekt said:

What a dumb thread.

All shit in my opinion.

Original Xbox at least had:

• Halo CE
  • Jet Set Radio Future
  • Dead or Alive 3
  • Morrowind Elder Scrolls 3
  • Blinks The Time Sweeper
  • Project Gothem Racing
  • Mech Assault
  • Brute Force
  • NFL Fever
  • Jade Empire
  • Tao Feng
  • Knights of the Old Republic
  • Fable
  • Amped
  • Breakdown
  • Armed and Dangerous
  • Apex
  • Crackdown
  • Otagi

All as console exclusive games you couldn't play on other console other than xbox and made the system truly worth owning.

Loading Video...

Just because you never heard of them doesn't mean there weren't unique quality experiences that made the original xbox a great system to own.

I enjoyed they games and didn't feel my purchase was a waste even if not all those games were AAA mega hits.

These titles were a hell of a lot more quality and rewarding then the half ass efforts of the incomplete, buggy and all around low quality dumpster fire collection of tripe MS has delivered this gen or the Halo/Forza/Gears rehash box that was the 360.

For a short time MS actually played the role as a real game company and were doing great IMO, that all ended around 2004 when they clearly gave up.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@Ant_17: Truth hurts.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

There's no way you can say with a straight face that the Xbox One is an improvement over the 360 era. I have never seen a console maker crash to the ground like Xbox did this gen. And none of the band-aids they attempted worked. The attempts to burn cash to force Xbox One onto the market makes this worse.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

If rumors are true and PS5 is backwards compatible, you can say goodbye to the rest.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Xbox One is by far the worst Xbox system. PS2, first gen PS3, Wii, WiiU and 360 all had full BC, so getting limited BC 2 years into a gen is hardly a win for Xbone.

BC is more useful at the start of a gen when first year game selection is limited and you may want to sell last gen console to partially fund the new one. I can't imagine wanting to play a 360 game in 2019 when any decent game has either a next gen sequel or remaster.

Xbox One more closely resembles the dying years of the 360; lack of exclusives, Kinect (although now dumped due to failure), and the console feeling like it was just waiting for the next gen to begin.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Agree, but for different reasons.

I love old school gaming, in particular 8 and 16bit eras, but gaming is better than ever now. Between indies, AAAs and VR, there were never as many options, sub-genres, prices for all pockets, etc as we have these days.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

Yeah, it improves, but not thanks to MS or companies like EA games that's for sure. We have to thank all the small indie developers, Nintendo and Sony for having exclusives and backing their developers no matter what, and Sony keeps pushing on with VR, even though it's too early to make any good money on it.

It's getting tougher and tougher to be a creative developer I think. In the early days they could use years on a game, and when it was released it could sell just enough to be good, and they would still make money.

Now, I'm not so sure it's that easy. They need games with in-game purchases and DLC to earn money on the smaller games. And if you are already doing good with FPS shooters, it's hard to do something else, even though the devs would like to. As a good example was Hideo Kojima, who wanted to do other games besides Metal Gear Solid, and Konami refused. Shame on them really since Sony took him under their wing.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 734 Posts

The PS4 is my favorite system this gen and it has thoroughly impressed me with its lineup of exclusives. However, last gen, I felt like the XBox 360 was the system to own. The XBox One is absolutely not an improvement over that great gaming machine.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

This gen has been a blast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@Jendeh said:

The PS4 is my favorite system this gen and it has thoroughly impressed me with its lineup of exclusives. However, last gen, I felt like the XBox 360 was the system to own. The XBox One is absolutely not an improvement over that great gaming machine.

the interface for xbox one was a major step back. The 360 had a great interface. it;s a shame they made the new one so complex. i agree with you that the ps4 is better this gen. Better games, better interface. Last gen i like the 360, this gen the ps4. Neither gen, nintendo.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

From a technical point of view...

Relative to the time period though it's been lagging... honestly xbox one is just not the same revolution the original xbox was etc....

Video games are declinning with respect to the time factors... as in expected performance increase per time frame.

That's important also.