Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

@pyro1245 said:
@TheEroica said:

@pyro1245: botw1 was better than every single game that came out on ps4 and Xbox last gen... Not many folks are too worried about botw2s quality on switch.

....Some people can't or won't acknowledge Nintendo's flaws, so we need to complain loudly about all the things that weren't good about BotW in their stead. Here goes (if you played BotW on Switch, feel free not to read, you know all this stuff already)....

This is where you are mixed up. Its not that we are not acknowledging the Switch's shortcoming. ITs that you cant comprehend that we do acknowledge them... yet still find them acceptable.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

@pyro1245: waaaay too nitpicky for my tastes. Not sure you're qualified to determine who the "real" Nintendo fans are or how they should act, but I will say all games have flaws, unless you're tetris or minecraft which are entirely built upon gameplay design.

No one said botw didn't have flaws or that it's beyond approach to critique... What I'm saying is that the idea that Nintendo fans are "worried" about botw2 is entirely preposterous...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

It’s a good thing resolution is weighted so heavily when determining what games are good here at System Wars. Xbox and PlayStation would be left in the dust otherwise

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts
@TheEroica said:

@pyro1245: ...

No one said botw didn't have flaws or that it's beyond approach to critique... What I'm saying is that the idea that Nintendo fans are "worried" about botw2 is entirely preposterous...

I'm worried about how BotW2 will run on Switch. I like and buy Nintendo games.

I wanted to avoid the use of 'fan' because fan is short for fanatic, and fanatics are incapable of criticizing things they like.

@enzyme36 said:

This is where you are mixed up. Its not that we are not acknowledging the Switch's shortcoming. ITs that you cant comprehend that we do acknowledge them... yet still find them acceptable.

BotW performance in certain areas is below what I would consider acceptable.

It's all good. I will keep saying this stuff becasue BotW is one of my favorite games from last gen. I have very high expectations for the sequel - except for when it comes to performance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

Those of us who don't game on PC are likely less susceptible to such knit picks.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#56  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@briguyb13: Yup! Or if you're like me and limits your PC Gaming to mostly older stuff. I've been fine predominantly Xbox and Nintendo.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 pyro1245

@briguyb13 said:
@pyro1245 said:

Those of us who don't game on PC are likely less susceptible to such knit picks.

20fps feeling bad is platform agnostic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@pyro1245 said:
@briguyb13 said:
@pyro1245 said:

No it isn't, sorry to burst your internet hyperbole bubble.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 pyro1245

@briguyb13 said:
@pyro1245 said:
@briguyb13 said:
@pyro1245 said:

hahah. lol. sure whatever you say. 🤣😆😅😏

phew, thanks I needed a laugh.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Im on mobile and dont think i can, but its a Switch thread so i knew you would read it.

So you gonna try and defend it?

EDIT: Never mind i saw your poor attempt at damage control 🤣🤣🤣

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@TheEroica: "pretty widely considered the apex of the generation" why because a 100 odd reviewers say so on Metashitic, please 🤦‍♂️

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#62 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69474 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@Pedro: lol... Are you saying there is no identifiable data point to measure quality gaming experiences? You are suggesting that refering to a factual statement like, "botw is the highest rated game of generation" as invalid? Why deny what is plain to see?

I'm not denying anyone's opinion. I think plenty of highly received games are rubbish, but your comment was...

"BOTW was better than every single game for YOU"

I answered with the statement that clearly I am not the only one considering its aggregate score. I answered with a factual statement. You just spouted system wars jibberish about sales and metacritic... How insecure.

You original statement "botw1 was better than every single game that came out on ps4 and Xbox last gen" that is an opinion. No matter how much spinning you attempt, reviews, scores or anything. That will still be an opinion. The fact of the matter is that there is NO standards for reviews and NO standards for measuring the quality of any game. All of your "identifiable data point measures to the quality gaming experiences" would be based on opinions. My statement that "BOTW was better than every single game for YOU" is also a factual point to which you try to dance around other nonsense as if it would make my statement incorrect.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheEroica  Moderator

@pyro1245: All people are capable of making reasonable critiques of their favorite stuff... We all do it all the time. Even super fans. I doubt that there is cabal of fanatics out there incapable of critiquing botw... But "worried?". The game wasn't received the way it was because of its perceived nitpicking. It was a massive achievement because of its physics, open world and exploration.

I'm sure, like all games ever there will be something to insight the masses in the face of success. You will be free to tear it down or build it up however you'd like... I just doubt anyone is sitting around "worried" about the quality of a sequel to one of the best open world games of all time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@pyro1245 said:
@briguyb13 said:
@pyro1245 said:
@briguyb13 said:
@pyro1245 said:

hahah. lol. sure whatever you say. 🤣😆😅😏

phew, thanks I needed a laugh.

You might not like it, but it's a fact that most Switch, PS and XB gamers don't care about 1337 PC tech specs. The numbers just aren't there. SW is a bubble where high end PC gaming is the norm--and I'm sure you're aware that SW is not a 1:1 reflection of the gaming public.

A very large majority of Switch, Xbox and Playstation gamers dgaf about any of this tech talk and high standard leetism. Just accept that your group is a vocal minority and don't worry about what the rest of us think about these toys. We just play the games in simplicity.

I can't believe I have to explain this to hermits on game forums over and over again.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheEroica  Moderator

@Pedro: the initial exchange (of which you were not a part of) was me commenting on Pyros silly claim that botw2 needed to be "saved" in some way from Nintendo...

Again, you are free to have an opinion... Enjoy it!

But suggesting that the sequel to the most acclaimed and highest rated game of the entire generation needing to be "saved" in some way is a laughable take.

You are free to say botw is bad... That you hate weapons breaking or dungeons aren't as fun for you. What you cannot do is say it isn't the highest rated game of the generation, or that it's presence on switch will somehow equate to less of an experience. Silly.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Pedro  Online

@TheEroica said:

@Pedro: the initial exchange (of which you were not a part of) was me commenting on Pyros silly claim that botw2 needed to be "saved" in some way from Nintendo...

Again, you are free to have an opinion... Enjoy it!

But suggesting that the sequel to the most acclaimed and highest rated game of the entire generation needing to be "saved" in some way is a laughable take.

You are free to say botw is bad... That you hate weapons breaking or dungeons aren't as fun for you. What you cannot do is say it isn't the highest rated game of the generation, or that it's presence on switch will somehow equate to less of an experience. Silly.

Independent of the conversation, the claim you made was objectively false. You already conceded it was your opinion and this meandering into scores among other things is irrelevant. In addition, I was not sharing opinion but calling you out on your opinion being passed off as fact.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

This is how BotW could've looked like if the hardware wasn't more underpowered than a pager from 1998.

#SaveBOTW2FromSwitchHardware

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TheEroica  Moderator

@Pedro: gotta be honest man, not even sure what you're talking about anymore. Seems like a tangled web to me. Enjoy your opinions.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Seems as though some people are having a hard time accepting the reality of gaming having more than a single direction forward. The masses have spoken, and some (a lot) of us want to see gaming go in a different direction than just advanced graphics and higher performance.

There are those of us who want gaming to be more accessible and flexible too. Just being able to play certain types of games in a tent, or at the doctor's office, away from the traditional places where we used to think we were tied down to makes Switch a resounding success.

Stop viewing gaming as 'only this' or 'only that' and accept other people's preferences to see gaming moving to new paths and advancing different ideologies.

After the sixth generation of gaming, HD became a thing for home consoles, and that's when things became very stale, very quickly. Open world games and cinematic games were becoming common place, and originality started to take a back seat to performance and resolution. That started the indie movement, the motion control movement, and now the hybrid movement. Now we have hardware that allows console games on handhelds, and with the success of the Switch these ideals are just going to grow and expand in a direction other than better performance and higher resolution alone.

Continue to enjoy which ever path you like, but stop acting like there is only one way to move forward, and learn to acknowledge new views and accept different philosophies in gaming before toxicity and gridlock over run the few places like this we have left for discussion and debate.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@goldenelementxl: reeks of delusion.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@hardwenzen: RT looks like trash and destroys the look they want to achieve.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

@hardwenzen: RT looks like trash and destroys the look they want to achieve.

What is the look they were trying to achieve? Washedout?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ConanTheStoner

Yeah, the reshades and especially their RT implementation blow. Nintendo went to great lengths technically and artistically to mask just how low detail much of the game is, while still delivering on a cohesive and appealing look. Pretty much their wheelhouse. Those brute force adds just break the illusion.

Crunchy low res normals exposed. Surface details "faked" in the color map become more obvious. Clear disconnect between landscape material and foliage. Issue compounds as it makes pop in significantly more noticeable in the background, while in the foreground you legit see the facets on grass blades and the harsh silhouettes between them. And what is color grading.

Playing the game in higher resolutions with great performance is a real sight. No need for those extras.

best comment
best comment

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Pedro  Online

@TheEroica said:

@Pedro: gotta be honest man, not even sure what you're talking about anymore. Seems like a tangled web to me. Enjoy your opinions.

I am literally talking about the same thing I called you on from the very start with no deviation and I have yet to share my opinion on anything, yet you keep saying "Enjoy your opinions" when you are the one sharing opinions and trying to pass it off as fact. This is some low level and weak argumentative strategies you are falling onto. It seems like the FACT that your opinion on the subject matter is just that really got the best of you.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 pyro1245

@briguyb13: explaining why people don't care doesn't make the game run better.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@i_p_daily:

Halo 3's resolution was 1152X640. There were probably games that ran lower than that on the 360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@pyro1245 said:

ok

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 pyro1245

@briguyb13 said:
@pyro1245 said:

ok

Hey. I just wanted to follow up and say I'm sorry for laughing at you for saying 20fps isn't bad. That was rude.

You said it right:

@briguyb13 said:

Continue to enjoy which ever path you like, but stop acting like there is only one way to move forward, and learn to acknowledge new views and accept different philosophies in gaming before toxicity and gridlock over run the few places like this we have left for discussion and debate.

My intention was never to imply the way you like to play games is wrong (even tho it came off that way because I am a jerk)

I only wanted to come here and say: This is what I want from Nintendo games - I want the same thing you want. I want options that cater to my path. Nintendo doesn't really provide it so I have to wait on Nintendo fans to bridge the gap. I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't going to get BotW2 day one and enjoy the heck out of it on the Switch. I have about 200 hours in the first game on the Switch. I'm not worried about it, I'll just be a little sad when it starts chugging (then I will probably come here and complain about it). That's all. I don't care about fancy graphics, I just want games to run well. I can't help it that I like Zelda games. I grew up with them.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

lol

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#83 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@pyro1245 said:
@lebanese_boy said:
@pyro1245 said:

So... uh... what are the chances we get a Wii U version of BotW2? 😞

That's the only way Nintendo fans will be able to save BotW2 from Nintendo.

Thanks to Nintendo fans there is a perfect version of BotW that runs at 4K/60 with mod support. It's even got damn ray tracing support. C'mon!

The Switch version is fine. It's just fine. It has some bad performance issues in certain areas. ....and looots and lots of jaggies. I get it. It's basically a triumph of engineering that it runs as well as it does on the Switch.

On Wii U?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@pyro1245 said:
@briguyb13 said:
@pyro1245 said:

ok

Hey. I just wanted to follow up and say I'm sorry for laughing at you for saying 20fps isn't bad. That was rude.

You said it right:

@briguyb13 said:

My intention was never to imply the way you like to play games is wrong (even tho it came off that way because I am a jerk)

I only wanted to come here and say: This is what I want from Nintendo games - I want the same thing you want. I want options that cater to my path. Nintendo doesn't really provide it so I have to wait on Nintendo fans to bridge the gap. I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't going to get BotW2 day one and enjoy the heck out of it on the Switch. I have about 200 hours in the first game on the Switch. I'm not worried about it, I'll just be a little sad when it starts chugging (then I will probably come here and complain about it). That's all. I don't care about fancy graphics, I just want games to run well. I can't help it that I like Zelda games. I grew up with them.

Yeah man, I get that and we all want our games to run well. Back to what I originally said, I'm just going by personal experience, in that during my multiple BotW playthroughs, one of which was on Wii U, I don't recall having any problems with the way it ran in any of them.

I've never played any games on a high end pc, just a few novel games. The only times I've ever noticed bad performance in games was the old pixel games, when too many characters were on screen back in the day.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ConanTheStoner

Luckily Nintendo saw the performance issues as something to iron out. That shit was really bad at launch. Korok forest in particular was a slide show.

Shit still hits the fan there, as well as in some towns, but in most of the areas where you're going to actively be playing, it's a fairly solid 30.

Still, don't have to be a PC snob to notice when it's bad. Dips in the 20s are extremely noticeable. Even if you only ever played Nintendo games, BotW is an outlier for its performance. Most Nintendo games have always been either 60fps or a rock solid 30fps, dating back to the NES. Part of the reason why they're so easy to go back and play.

Excluding N64 of course, gen 5 was rough all around.