SW Magazine EXCLUSIVE: The_Game21x INTERVIEW

This topic is locked from further discussion.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#151 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

chocolate milk is good.

Heil68

Why, because Super600 told you so?

I avoid mentioning any ranger related things un;ess casey is involved in it.:P

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#152 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Heil68"] Exactly. Pedal to the metal, full steam a fuking head.

I'm reading the stuff with you and stevo, f*cking priceless. So much anger :lol:

Already on your knees defending the child, champ?

Aww Stevo's feelings are hurt. How the hell do you let Heil of all people get on your nerves like this? He's like a one trick pony. It's not even a good one trick. No offense heil...actually offense intended heil.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] I'm reading the stuff with you and stevo, f*cking priceless. So much anger :lol:jg4xchamp

Aww Stevo's feelings are hurt. How the hell do you let Heil of all people get on your nerves like this? He's like a one trick pony. It's not even a good one trick. No offense heil...actually offense intended heil.

LOVE IT! :lol:
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#154 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] I'm reading the stuff with you and stevo, f*cking priceless. So much anger :lol:jg4xchamp

That was a pretty bad comeback; although I see you're already biting your crustified tongue.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#155 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

ArisShadows tells us what it's lik not being a fanboy.

Willy: What's it like not being a fanboy?

ArisShadows: Great, for the most part, I get to play everything and never have to miss a single thing. I have options, which is for the most part a wonderful thing, except for my ever shrinking wallet that seems to gobbles it up. But that is just the price for not missing out. You know the saying; 'Fanboys miss out'. I think I get to have all the good that come from each side, without taking the negatives that comes from being apart of one side and defending it solely to death. I get all the good, and can accept the bad, because really I can compensate it with another piece of my overall gaming. I get to jump into any discussion and have fun with any of the faction's fanboys, while not being too tied to any of the sides. I keep it factual of course. Friends or enemies, it all depends on the facts that are being presented or for the most part not being presented. But its all in a good nature and for fun. I get to always have a point of view as well, since I basically am dealing with it all, which is a nice feeling.

Thou I think there comes some negativity being a so called Manticore (aka nonfanboy). Multiplats are a bit less desirable for me, so I always looking for value in having exclusives and such. I believe I get enough from each platform to justify them all. That and we do not exist. But whatever, I am just a gamer, who likes to own and play it all, and I don't have to worry about being shot at with the fanboy card. I deal out facts and deal out of tons of damage while doing it. I am Manticore, hear me roar. *Squeak*

Short answer; I get it all and it feels so good.

But....it costs a lot of money to buy more than one game system! Are you made out of money?

I wish I was.. Give your money, cash money dollar sign cash money.. No, no but really to tell you the truth, I don't know how I do it each and every generation. I am no billionaire, I don't have a DS that prints out money or any of that. When I want something, I am determined to get it, I do get it, that's the way I am, always been. Gaming is a serious past time for me. Like I said before, my wallet is always hurting, especially on those d*mn steam sales. What doesn't goes to my needs or bills (aka helping my mother out, because I am an angel), the rest goes into my wants, and that's primary gaming. Gaming is just important to me, so I try not to miss out.

I guess the way how I do it is simply buying smart. I do get alot of my games day 1 (usually the heavy titles), but a good amount I do wait for sales, discounts or simply finding the best deals. Internet shopping is a godsend to us gamers.. Tho I never ever buy used, as much as I like to save money, I always want the developers to get their share. We both earn what work we do. Do I think everyone to take this sort of life style, nah.. I understand why there are one system owners and money is tight, but wholeheartedly I just don't want to miss out. Crazy am I? Probably. But those are the hard choices us Manticorez have to deal with. As long as you are enjoying gaming to some degree, more power to you.

Now there is an award prize of cash money, right?

There is the joy in knowing that people in an internet board remembered your username long enough to recall and vote for it being the least biased person in the forum. So no, no cash.

Thanks to them, for remembering and voting for lil' ol' me.. I appreciate it and thank you for this fine little interview..

*heart* Manticore King Aris Shadows..

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Why don't you own a Wii U, Aris?
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#157 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Why don't you own a Wii U, Aris?Stevo_the_gamer
But I do..
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Why don't you own a Wii U, Aris?ArisShadows
But I do..

What don't you own? :O
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#159 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Why don't you own a Wii U, Aris?Stevo_the_gamer
But I do..

He probably owns a Vita, too. Poor bastard.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"] But I do..

No way, he wouldn't punish himself like that.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] What don't you own? :O

But if he doesn't own a Vita, he's not a Manticore. And if he's not a Manticore, he can't be Best Manticore... Brb have to go contact the admins about this. Another SWA conspiracy.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] He probably owns a Vita, too. Poor bastard.

But if he doesn't own a Vita, he's not a Manticore. And if he's not a Manticore, he can't be Best Manticore... Brb have to go contact the admins about this. Another SWA conspiracy.

Sh*t. Detective Darklink on the prowl. We'll just look the other way and assume the best, we did that for SolidTy, right? Ignore biases, and applaud!
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] What don't you own? :O

Despite the comical award name, I honestly don't own a Vita.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]No way, he wouldn't punish himself like that.Stevo_the_gamer

Sh*t. Detective Darklink on the prowl. We'll just look the other way and assume the best, we did that for SolidTy, right? Ignore biases, and applaud!

Implying I have biases, and not capitalizing the "l" in my name while you capitalize the "t" in Solid's? Man, oh, man, even the Rangers are on the take. Nowhere is safe. Gotta get to the guys in charge fast.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] But if he doesn't own a Vita, he's not a Manticore. And if he's not a Manticore, he can't be Best Manticore... Brb have to go contact the admins about this. Another SWA conspiracy.

Implying I have biases, and not capitalizing the "l" in my name while you capitalize the "t" in Solid's? Man, oh, man, even the Rangers are on the take. Nowhere is safe. Gotta get to the guys in charge fast.

You do have biases you ****.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] He probably owns a Vita, too. Poor bastard.ArisShadows

EXPOSED.

Lock it down, boys. I'll get to the bottom of this.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] He probably owns a Vita, too. Poor bastard.

We are glad you decided not to punish yourself. :]
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Sh*t. Detective Darklink on the prowl. We'll just look the other way and assume the best, we did that for SolidTy, right? Ignore biases, and applaud!Stevo_the_gamer

You do have biases you ****.

Nonsense. Bias? Me? Never.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 ArisShadows

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]No way, he wouldn't punish himself like that.DarkLink77

EXPOSED.

super+bad+quote+shit+the+cops+all+hail+t

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]No way, he wouldn't punish himself like that.Stevo_the_gamer

We are glad you decided not to punish yourself. :]

I want Soul Sacrifice, tho... :(
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"] Despite the comical award name, I honestly don't own a Vita.ArisShadows

EXPOSED.

I'LL GET YOU ARIS. YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE. THIS IS THE INTERNET, FOOL. I HAVE SPIES EVERYWHERE.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

i kind of want a vita.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"] Despite the comical award name, I honestly don't own a Vita.ArisShadows

EXPOSED.

they were the weakest part of that otherwise excellent movie.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Willy105

i kind of want a vita.

CaseyWegner
Went shopping today at Gamestop and Best Buy, no one was touching a Vita. The one at Best Buy didn't even worked, it was stuck at the "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents". At least, I thought it was stuck, it might had just been loading; I can't tell the difference with these Sony systems, honestly.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#175 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I didn't vote this year but wow. And here I thought last years meltdown from a certain user could never be topped.

Can't wait till the 2013 SWA. :D

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Dat E-Drama...

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Willy105

The King Speaks!

You were just re-elected as King of System Wars. What plans do you have for your second term?

I plan to give the people more of what they want: me.

More glorious threads, more fantastic posts, more of my forum-defining taste, more amazing ownage, another grand ol' Hype Thread or two, more fantastic reviews, and another fantastic year of the SWAs. You know, the things that put me on the throne two years in a row. If you're really lucky, Willy, I might even come back to write for SWM.

Sounds like a good deal. But the higher powers at Gamespot are planning big changes to the board and the website itself. You think you got the bravado to lead System Wars through change? You know how much gamers hate change!

Of course. I led this forum through the change from the old ToU to the new one, so leading through something simple, like a website redesign that will hopefully make the forums less glitchy doesn't seem all that tough. Oh, no! Posting will work correctly all of the time! Clearly I will be strained by the new responsibilities this will bring as the leader of this forum!

In all seriousness, though, one does not simply lead System Wars. It would be easier to herd cats. It would be less painful than those stupid cattle herding mini-games in Red Dead Redemption. It would be even more awful than playing a Bethesda game without mods.

System Wars was, is, and always will be defined by what we do as a community. It's defined by the posts we make, the threads we bump, and the discussions we have. It's defined by the competitions we run, like Best Shooter, The Essential 50, Best Female Game Character, and Best Developer. It's defined by the users, new and old, who spend their free time here discussing the one thing we all (supposedly, I know I hate everything) love: video games. That's what makes it a great community. You don't lead something like that.

As for the rumors of a new ToU... we need one. The old one was too restrictive. The new one is too lax. The old one actually encouraged creative trolling. This one doesn't. Sure, it's nice to be able to call the other guy a dumbass without being modded, but being able to type "f*ck" instead of "f***" is not worth what happened to the board as a result.

What are your ideas on how to rectify the Terms of Use?

You know, the ability to call people out on their bullsh!t is pretty good. So that should stay. Be we should be harsher on blatant trolling with no purpose, people who post the same thing over and over and over again and never get involved in actual discussion (not you, Heil, your gimmick is wonderful), we need to identify and ban the alt accounts who do nothing but use proxies as soon as possible, and in general, we just need to hold this forum to a higher standard of trol-, I mean posting, while allowing this place to feel like a "System Wars." My royal spies also tell me we need more mods, because the ones we have are overworked.

But with all that said, I'd rather have the old ToU than the new one. It's pretty saddening to look at all of the good users we've lost since the new ToU, and it's just going to keep getting worse if we don't change something.

Now that you have won the election and become King (again), what do you wish to say to the runner-ups to your throne (freedomfrek and lundy86_4) and all of those loyal System Warriors that voted for you this year?

Well, I think freedomfreak and lundy are really great posters. Hell, I even voted for freedomfreak. They're good guys, and System Wars is better for having them. So, to you fine gentlemen, congrats. You guys are some of the great ones, and clearly, the rest of System Wars thinks so, too. I hope you keep doing what you do, and I wish you all the best in the coming year.

As for being voted King again... it's kind of surreal. I've only been here for three versions of the SWAs. My first year, I didn't win anything. Hell, I barely even got nominated. Then the next year, I won King. And now to have won it again... wow. It's very humbling. So, to all those who voted for me, thank you. I'm glad I've added something to your experience on this forum, and I'll try to keep doing that.

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone who voted in the Awards this year, and all of the great people who helped. It was a massive undertaking started by those of us who just couldn't bear to see the Awards die, and while we obviously didn't pull it off as perfectly as we wanted to, I'm proud of what we put together and of the people I spent the time doing this with. And you can't deny that we brought the drama. I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed making it happen, and I can promise you we're just getting started, and we're only going to get better from here. See you next year.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
Im glad Darklink is the new SW King.. he is a Humble king.. i was getting sick of SolidTY saying "as SW king,bla bla bla bla" followed by a huge wall of text. that dude was boring as sh*t.. anyway,long live "The Real King"!!
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]No way, he wouldn't punish himself like that.Stevo_the_gamer

the only thing SolidTY did was put us to sleep with his walls of text..
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
[QUOTE="jessejay420"]Im glad Darklink is the new SW King.. he is a Humble king.. i was getting sick of SolidTY saying "as SW king,bla bla bla bla" followed by a huge wall of text. that dude was boring as sh*t.. anyway,long live "The Real King"!!

idk , I kind of like SolidTY comments.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Willy105

"Biggest Sony Afictionado" Finalstar2007 shows us his secret to being a Sony fan:

Willy: You won both the "Barrel Scraper", "Biggest Sony Affictionado" and were a runner up for the "Biggest Change in Personality" Award. Have you no shame?

Finalstar2007:I got to say winning PlayStation/Sony fan again was truly shocking as I don't believe i was that very active in 2012 as i was extremely busy with work and university in that year, but since I got the award and people took the time to vote for me i must say that I am honored to win the award once again, and hey I'm only doing what I like to do and that is continue to play on the system and company that I grew up with, I love how they try to bring great and fun games to the fans all the world and for that is why I will keep supporting them.

I'm not quite sure but I think I was nominated for Barrel Scraper in 2011 too which is truly sad as I try my best to inform people on SW about games on the platform I enjoy using, I provide as much info as possible and answer any questions. I usually hype the games I truly love playing but hey if the games I like are not liked by SW users then I guess their bad huh?

Biggest Change in Personality is quite interesting for me and would love to know if that change is positive or negative lol.. anyways I really enjoy being on SW despite it being annoying sometimes but hey this is the best place on the internet for gaming news and meeting gamers and I like it!

Do you remember the hardest time it was for you to convince someone of the error of their non-Playstation ways?

Nah I don't have time to convince people..lol

Then how did you win this award?

On SW I tend to always make posts and create threads about the games I'm personally interested in and the things/games I'm interested in are always Sony or PlayStation related since PlayStation is my preferred brand, I try to inform people about the games coming out on the system/systems and answer as many questions as possible in my threads but I never really bother too much to actually sit down and spend hours trying to convince someone to buy a PlayStation 3 for example or a PlayStation Vita because I really don't have time for that, sometimes from time to time I do make blogs about how the systems are worth a purchase tho.

But since I'm sitting and thinking about it I would say maybe the hardest time was during 2011 i think or probably mid 2012 when people started thinking Sony and PlayStation were all doomed and all and i tried to let people know that its a big company and big companies like Sony don't go down that easily and so on... that's all I can think of lol but to actually spend hours trying to convince someone on the forums to get a PS3 for example.. yeah I don't have time for that lol.. I'm known on SW for making threads that are mainly related to PlayStation systems, PlayStation games, etc. You could say I always try to convince people through the threads I create, I try to create awareness to the games I like as well as to the systems themselves (PlayStation) and show you many unique games they get.

So you truly are a Playstation fanboy, a true Cow. You just do it in your subconscious, every thing you say is pure Sony speak! Any words of wisdom for the other Cows out there in System Wars that hope to defend the Playstation brand in the future?

lol I wouldn't call myself a fanboy..just a fan really I mean I grew up with Playstation so it would make sense that I would see Playstation first but I do not dislike the other systems at all, some have good games but everything that interests me is always on Playstation.

Hmmmm, I would personally say to them to play and buy what interests them! Because in the end gaming is just a hobby and an amazing one to note so play whatever that interests you and show the gaming companies (not just Sony) your support for their games!

The Last of Us vs. The Last Guardian; which one are you more excited for?

Definitely The Last of Us more.

2208045-lastofus20344joelellietruck1.jpg

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="jessejay420"]Im glad Darklink is the new SW King.. he is a Humble king.. i was getting sick of SolidTY saying "as SW king,bla bla bla bla" followed by a huge wall of text. that dude was boring as sh*t.. anyway,long live "The Real King"!! ultraking
idk , I kind of like SolidTY comments.

I as well. I don't mind walls of text, and its even funnier when you sprinkle in any kind of ownage to trolls into them as well like Solid did at times.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#183 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

lmao Willy if only you'd stop calling me a biggest cow for once :P

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

finalstar2007

Only on PlayStation 3 GS AAAE

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Heil68

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

SaltyMeatballs

Unprecedented 3 GOTY's*
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

SaltyMeatballs

But... "I wouldn't call myself a fanboy" :P
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Great interview.

+1 respect for finalstar

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I wouldn't call myself a fanboy

finalstar2007
:lol:
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Heil68

Unprecedented 3 GOTY's*

gamecube

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] Only on PlayStation 3 GS AAAE

CaseyWegner

Unprecedented 3 GOTY's*

gamecube

Proper games too. Not movies and desert simulator.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 DarkLink77

Great interview.

+1 respect for finalstar

Sagem28
:( I feel left out.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Sagem28

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Great interview.

+1 respect for finalstar

DarkLink77

Do you really need more praise, DL ? :P

[spoiler] you already have my respect, bro [/spoiler]

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Great interview.

+1 respect for finalstar

Sagem28

I know. I just wanted to see what you would say. :P
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Sagem28

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] :( I feel left out.DarkLink77

At your service.

*bow*

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 DarkLink77

Sagem28

At your service.

*bow*

Mad respect, Sagem, as always.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Sagem28

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I know. I just wanted to see what you would say. :PDarkLink77

At your service.

*bow*

Your respect for me will only increase when you see my next post in the NaN forum.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 DarkLink77

At your service.

*bow*

Sagem28

Your respect for me will only increase when you see my next post in the NaN forum.

Lord have mercy. Can we get some redheads? I love me some redheads.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] Only on PlayStation 3 GS AAAE

CaseyWegner

Unprecedented 3 GOTY's*

gamecube