Subscription Growth Has Flattened. Accounts For Only 10% Of Content Spending. Nadella Hinting Going 3rd Party?

• 95 results
Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8176 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

It's a good thing if Game Pass subscription only account for 10% of content revenues. That means the other 90% of revenues are content purchases. It means Xbox gamers buy games. Oh, poor Microsoft, people buy games.

i know right..

Xbox says they expect Game Pass to remain around 10-15% of their total gaming revenue, the overall data supports their expectation, and their service is already profitable at that percentage.. 👍

this also means that the detractors can stop spreading doom-and-gloom about subscriptions services taking over the industry.. they're simply an option (as they've always been).. and options are good.. 👍

where exactly is the bad news?..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39259 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

If Xbox went away, I'd just use a Steam Deck and Switch.

At this point its not a matter of IF, but WHEN. And what are you gonna play on a Switch? Little colorful games made for children? Give me a break, you wouldn't survive on that children's ipad for more than a week. And the Steam deck can barely handle anything, its like buying a ps4 in 2024, who does that?

Let me tell you what will happen. When they go third party, you will bitch and moan for a month, and then, accept your faith, and buy a ps5. YOU WILL BE A PS5 OWNER NO MATTER WHAT. Are we clear?

With PS going third party, we don't need a PS either.

It doesn't matter what you need or not. PS will never go third party, especially after Jimbo Ryan got the boot.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12331 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@kvallyx said:

That started last year with their onslaught of Xbox Game Studios games that released.

Which lead to no significant growth in subscriber count and, a 15-20% decline in Xbox console sales.

Xbox and GamePass need more *and* better content. I'm 100% sure we will see both in due time but, 2023 wasn't it.

And I don't give a shit about subscriber growth/count. I care about me. I got great games to play last year. 2023 saw A LOT of great content. In fact, all the first party games on Game Pass combined average 82% (1% short of Sony's 83%) on Open Critic since the start of the Xbox Series X generation.

2024 looks like it's going to continue the trend of MORE and BETTER content over the already stellar 2023.

You shouldn't have to care about sales or growth or any of those types of metrics but, it provides perspective; people are overwhelmingly choosing the other guys. And, it's because of the games; they have GOTY caliber system sellers.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#54 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13038 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

You shouldn't have to care about sales or growth or any of those types of metrics but, it provides perspective; people are overwhelmingly choosing the other guys. And, it's because of the games; they have GOTY caliber system sellers.

Which is why I play on both systems. I want access to ALL of the exclusives. FF16 isn't on Xbox. I finished that game up this weekend finally. My personal score is 9.5/10. I wouldn't have been able to experience that masterpiece if I only had an Xbox. And with Xbox, I get to play awesome exclusive games as well.

For me, it's a win win. I am also now officially a PS Plus Premium member for a year (signed up last week), and currently an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member.

I can't keep up with all the great games.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1102 Posts

@davillain

Really, this thread? Why putting a totally different sources in the same thread? But anyway, didn't saw it.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 loudheadphones
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

At this point its not a matter of IF, but WHEN. And what are you gonna play on a Switch? Little colorful games made for children? Give me a break, you wouldn't survive on that children's ipad for more than a week. And the Steam deck can barely handle anything, its like buying a ps4 in 2024, who does that?

Let me tell you what will happen. When they go third party, you will bitch and moan for a month, and then, accept your faith, and buy a ps5. YOU WILL BE A PS5 OWNER NO MATTER WHAT. Are we clear?

You, Xbox peeps, are so fricking frightened about Xbox future that you need to push the manntra "Sony too". Mind you that Sony will still manufacturing a console in a traditional way. On the other hand, Xbox.....bye bye. You won't be missed. So, Kvally, why you don't post on Icon same crap?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By KvallyX
@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

You, Xbox peeps, are so fricking frightened about Xbox future that you need to push the manntra "Sony too". Mind you that Sony will still manufacturing a console in a traditional way. On the other hand, Xbox.....bye bye. You won't be missed. So, Kvally, why you don't post on Icon same crap?

Icon =/= System Wars. So calm your tits son.

Xbox already is developing their next traditional console, not sure of what your point is?

I love being a manticore, so I won't miss a beat if PS or Xbox close up shop. There is always Microsoft Windows PC!

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 loudheadphones

@kvallyx said:
@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

Xbox already is developing their next traditional console, not sure of what your point is?

I love being a manticore, so I won't miss a beat if PS or Xbox close up shop. There is always Microsoft Windows PC!

They don't. LOL Xbox is going bye, bye and full 3rd party. And who gives a crap about Windows anyway.

This is you, Xbox peeps

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16570 Posts

@ghostofgolden: gamepass is one part of the strategy. Anyways, the profit and revenue and MAU are all up, so what exactly is the complaint.

Also ps5 sales are down compared to the ps4 at this point. The MAU is down, games for the platform are minimal. The cows are desperate. You say the switch and ps5 are doing huge sales but ps5 is down compared to the ps4 at this point, even though the overall gaming industry has grown significantly in the past 10 years. Mobile gaming has taken a big chunk of that.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By KvallyX
@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:
@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:

They don't. LOL Xbox is going bye, bye and full 3rd party. And who gives a crap about Windows anyway.

This is you, Xbox peeps

Nothing wrong with PS and Xbox going full third party. More games for more people. With the next traditional Xbox and PS in development, great times ahead for sure!

You gonna cry? (BTW, Windows sucks. MacOS and Linux >>>>>>> Windows)

Signed, your friendly neighborhood manticore.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16570 Posts

@dabear: don't worry, Xbox is here to stay, no matter what the clown says. The form of Xbox might change, but the console itself is not going anywhere.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

@loudheadphones said:

This is you, Xbox peeps

Wow

I can't believe it

This is unreal

You found another person on the internet who writes exactly like Hardwenzen.

Hardwenacts

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@dabear: don't worry, Xbox is here to stay, no matter what the clown says. The form of Xbox might change, but the console itself is not going anywhere.

As is, the system is already pointless because everything is on pc, which runs and looks way better. But now, if all the game are on PS, i mean, the system is literally a prostitute at this point. Investing into NFT's would make more sense than buying a series x. Think about that for a second.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6315 Posts

Another day another Xbox is doomed thread.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#65 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69862 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:

Where in my gif is she disappointed?🤭

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Pedro
@danishanwar said:

@Pedro: Traversal stutters is the bane of AAA PC gaming at the moment. Here is the video about it.

Loading Video...

Seems like you didn't understand the question. How does the stutter relate to the RTX 4090?

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2555 Posts

Lmao! Jez thinks Xbots can read. He’d have a better follower to article engagement ratio if that were the case. Then again he’s gonna lose a bunch of followers if he keeps this truth telling stuff up

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56237 Posts

@loudheadphones: If you think my actions were harsh, you are free to take it up with GS Staff. That's all I can tell you. Anyway, moving on.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By GhostOfGolden

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@ghostofgolden: gamepass is one part of the strategy. Anyways, the profit and revenue and MAU are all up, so what exactly is the complaint.

Also ps5 sales are down compared to the ps4 at this point.

The PS5 is 1 week behind the PS4 launch aligned. The Xbox Series consoles are millions behind the Xbox One.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#70  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58402 Posts

The thing I like best about all this is how removed my preferred platform PC is from all this stupid bullshit drama.

I mean, yeah, there's some spillover of course, but right now it's nothing but gravy. Meanwhile there's damage control and spinning and miscommunication going on at Sony and MS and Nintendo is stuck in the past.

It's all very entertaining.

I hope things end up going well for console gamers but right now it just seems like you're all being dicked around by corporations that couldn't give two shits about you, but you have your tongues so far up their asses you can't really tell.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

You will have a ps5 as your main system very soon. Gone are the days of xbox fans, we will even delete the lemming category on SW.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

Most gamers including me buy their preferred games at launch. They can't wait for games to be on these sub services later on.

Even Phil Spencer said they don’t expect GP to ever grow beyond 15% of their Games & Services revenue. He also said they want to support a variety of models because a sub service doesn’t work for every game & developer.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

You will have a ps5 as your main system very soon. Gone are the days of xbox fans, we will even delete the lemming category on SW.

Why would I buy a system you don't even play? At this point in time i'd rather buy a Nintendo Switch as the PS5 has no games lol.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3041 Posts

When this deal goes through and Microsoft becomes a third party dev for all consoles, do y'all think they will still make powerful consoles or will they go the low level like the series s? I doubt they go with 2 different range hardwares next gen.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By GhostOfGolden

From a new IGN article,

"The Series X and S have not helped it gain much ground. Omdia's console forecast suggests that Xbox Series X and S hardware sales dropped by 12.7% year over year in 2023, despite it being at phase in its lifecycle that would traditionally be considered a "growth phase" and releasing what should have been a blockbuster exclusive in Starfield.

"To make matters worse, we're expecting the seven-year-old Switch to have outsold Xbox Series X/S by almost a factor of two in 2023," says Omdia senior games analyst James McWhirter.

”There are signs that Hi-Fi Rush underperformed relative to Microsoft's expectations in terms of its impact on Game Pass subscriptions growth and engagement and full game downloads. Releasing a late port to, say, the Switch, makes continued development of titles like it more sustainable while securing timed exclusivity on Xbox while adding value to Game Pass.“

So Game Pass will be more valuable and Xbox game development will be more sustainable once the service goes to competitors platforms… Folks are twisting themselves into pretzels trying to save the hype surrounding Game Pass at this point.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#76 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

Once Microsoft makes a new Minecraft, CoD, Diablo, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, DOOM, Warcraft, Candy Crush, etc and release those games day 1, subs will jump way up. Plus they can create DLC and Microtransactions and release on multiple. Subs will go way up with just a couple of those games.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Last_Lap

@ghostofgolden said:

From a new IGN article,

"The Series X and S have not helped it gain much ground. Omdia's console forecast suggests that Xbox Series X and S hardware sales dropped by 12.7% year over year in 2023, despite it being at phase in its lifecycle that would traditionally be considered a "growth phase" and releasing what should have been a blockbuster exclusive in Starfield.

"To make matters worse, we're expecting the seven-year-old Switch to have outsold Xbox Series X/S by almost a factor of two in 2023," says Omdia senior games analyst James McWhirter.

There are signs that Hi-Fi Rush underperformed relative to Microsoft's expectations in terms of its impact on Game Pass subscriptions growth and engagement and full game downloads. Releasing a late port to, say, the Switch, makes continued development of titles like it more sustainable while securing timed exclusivity on Xbox while adding value to Game Pass.“

So Game Pass will be more valuable and Xbox game development will be more sustainable once the service goes to competitors platforms… Folks are twisting themselves into pretzels trying to save the hype surrounding Game Pass at this point.

Nothing factual just predictions and conjecture.

You come across as desperate every time you post these threads. It's like you're just trying to prove EVERY lem wrong, pedro and antwan have broken you.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#78 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

The thing I like best about all this is how removed my preferred platform PC is from all this stupid bullshit drama.

I mean, yeah, there's some spillover of course, but right now it's nothing but gravy. Meanwhile there's damage control and spinning and miscommunication going on at Sony and MS and Nintendo is stuck in the past.

It's all very entertaining.

I hope things end up going well for console gamers but right now it just seems like you're all being dicked around by corporations that couldn't give two shits about you, but you have your tongues so far up their asses you can't really tell.

Indeed. Want some?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45276 Posts

Pedro and Antwan gonna have a meltdown over this!!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

Had to dust this one off. lol :P

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#81 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Yeah, it's looking like MS is going to go full digital 3rd party at some point, unless they start producing steam machine like hybrid consoles it's probably only a matter of time.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By GhostOfGolden

@last_lap: Nah. Pedro and Antwan have tricked you. The Xbox cult, not the reasonable fans have tried to use “value” to raise favor of the Xbox brand as a confirmation bias tool. The problem is the cold hard facts with Circana data and consumer spending don’t jive with the Xbox “value” ideology. We even had a very reasonable mod here (@TheEroica) speaking as if he’s been completely fooled by this Xbox ideology. There’s zero numbers or data to back up that what Xbox is doing is working. Yet folks think it’s the future. Tell some folks they could save a couple dollars and they’ll believe almost anything.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Antwan3K
@last_lap said:
@ghostofgolden said:

[...]

Nothing factual just predictions and conjecture.

You come across as desperate every time you post these threads. It's like you're just trying to prove EVERY lem wrong, pedro and antwan have broken you.

yep.. rumors, speculation, and predictions are "facts" as long as they can be twisted into negatives against Xbox and/or Game Pass..

meanwhile, in the real world, Game Pass being at 10-15% of total revenue is both the expected and profitable target for Xbox.. and also, the "3rd party" Xbox is about to have a Developer_Direct later today showcasing a bunch of titles that are exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem.. 🙄

at least the fake "unbiased gamer" mask has completely fallen off.. just clown make-up on full display these days.. 🤡

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By GhostOfGolden

@mesome713 said:

Once Microsoft makes a new Minecraft, CoD, Diablo, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, DOOM, Warcraft, Candy Crush, etc and release those games day 1, subs will jump way up. Plus they can create DLC and Microtransactions and release on multiple. Subs will go way up with just a couple of those games.

We’ve been hearing this about every big release since 2017. Halo didn’t do it. None of the Forza games. Starfield didn’t do it. Xbox is seemingly staying right around that 30 million mark regardless. COD could have a big impact. Minecraft too. Not sure about the Bethesda games and Candy Crush is f2p so unless they give something else substantial to Candy Crush gamers I’m not sure how much they will care.

PC gamers don’t seem to be too responsive to Game Pass. In fact they opted to spend more money on Starfield by purchasing on Steam instead. That should send a clear message to the Xbox brass

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GhostOfGolden

Poor Antwan 😢

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Pedro

I have more mentions in this thread than posts.😂

TC continues to show damage and I take full credit.🫡

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GhostOfGolden

There's no smoke without fire

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Antwan3K

@Pedro said:

well, TC already said he literally creates threads with you in mind.. 😅

the obsession is real..

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#89  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

Its as expected, there is just limited amount of gamers. Casuals not going sub to Gamepass/PS+ extra/nintendo shit service/etc as casuals barely play games and games they play is sports or trending games like GTA or Fortnite. Unless Xbox can convert these casuals into core gamers, subscription numbers not going to grow much more.

Its why Xbox been agressive with Gamepass day 1 promotion, they needed the FOMO to entice people to try and hope they able to capture few audience to sub.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:
@Pedro said:

the obsession is real..

Both of you. And I’ve got both of you here deflecting and off topic.

Played like a fiddle 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Pedro

@Antwan3K said:
@Pedro said:

the obsession is real..

That is true.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Last_Lap

@ghostofgolden said:

@last_lap: Nah. Pedro and Antwan have tricked you. The Xbox cult, not the reasonable fans have tried to use “value” to raise favor of the Xbox brand as a confirmation bias tool. The problem is the cold hard facts with Circana data and consumer spending don’t jive with the Xbox “value” ideology. We even had a very reasonable mod here (@TheEroica) speaking as if he’s been completely fooled by this Xbox ideology. There’s zero numbers or data to back up that what Xbox is doing is working. Yet folks think it’s the future. Tell some folks they could save a couple dollars and they’ll believe almost anything.

Pedro and Antwan haven't tricked me as I have an open and free mind. I don't use Gamepass and think it's bad for the industry, however i'm not creating thread after thread trying to doom and gloom everything Xbox that you currently do, and for what to see you win one over those guys? it's absolutely insane on your part.

Your actual thinking has been so warped on Xbox because those 2 have infected your brain. Tell me this then, when you post these types of threads, I bet your thoughts are about what Pedro and Antwan are going to say, or you think will try and spin it, that's how far you've gone with this, but i'm sure you will say i'm wrong.

I simply pointed out that your post was simply predictions and conjecture (and that is true based on what you posted) and your post didn't deny it instead said that i've been tricked, think about that for a second.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 hardwenzen  Online

"we are so excited to announce that games from all our studios will be available across all platforms"😆Its gonna melt the brain of millions of lems, holy shit i don't think we're ready for the event.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Antwan3K
@last_lap said:
@ghostofgolden said:

@last_lap: [....]

[...]

Tell me this then, when you post these types of threads, I bet your thoughts are about what Pedro and Antwan are going to say,

[...]

He's already confirmed that's the case in another thread (and in this thread)..

Really sad.. truly obsessed and blinded by this anti-Xbox and anti-Game Pass crusade.. i don't even think he knows what point he's trying to make anymore.. i certainly don't..

that said, you simply can't take anything he says seriously.. And thankfully, nobody does..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 KvallyX

I have seen cow meltdowns in the past, but this thread is flowing with tears from cow meltdowns. Seems the cows are pissed off that Xbox keeps getting more and more games, and PS keeps getting less and less games. Imagine not having any games until 2026. Good lord.