Subnautica sound designer fired over resetera screeching

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

I frequently read era because of how quick game related news travels there. The forum there is pretty active. However I find myself disagreeing with a lot of their views. The mods will outright ban or warn people who even slightly hints at some form of disagreement. It's such a hivemind.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

I frequently read era because of how quick game related news travels there. The forum there is pretty active. However I find myself disagreeing with a lot of their views. The mods will outright ban or warn people who even slightly hints at some form of disagreement. It's such a hivemind.

It's pretty much the same jerk mods that will ban people at will, without following guidelines. The biggest mistake Tyler Malka made. He admitted to giving the mods too much power and admin rights and to ban anyone without his consent.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

Ok. I read what he said. He's a piece of shit and anyone who agrees with him also is one. "Low IQ in developing countries" means that innocent people escaping wars started on behalf of the financial elite in a developed country should not be allowed refuge.

I don't condone firing someone for political views, but I would condone trading anyone with this view for innocent people from these areas of the world -- including children, so they don't end up as sex slaves or floating corpses in the Mediterranean.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 FireEmblem_Man

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Ok. I read what he said. He's a piece of shit and anyone who agrees with him also is one. "Low IQ in developing countries" means that innocent people escaping wars started on behalf of the financial elite in a developed country should not be allowed refuge.

I don't condone firing someone for political views, but I would condone trading anyone with this view for innocent people from these areas of the world -- including children, so they don't end up as sex slaves or a floating corpses in the Mediterranean.

Source, link?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 X_CAPCOM_X

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

I don't condone firing someone for political views, but I would condone trading anyone with this view for innocent people from these areas of the world -- including children, so they don't end up as sex slaves or a floating corpses in the Mediterranean.

Source, link?

https://twitter.com/Sy1K1/status/953981058294386689

Magic Google tool, you know, the one the OP refrained from using

By the way, Google is also censoring left-wing and anti-war websites.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 FireEmblem_Man

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Source, link?

https://twitter.com/Sy1K1/status/953981058294386689

Magic Google tool, you know, the one the OP refrained from using

By the way, Google is also censoring left-wing and anti-war websites.

There's nothing racist what she stated at all, but pointing out a flaw in the Swedish government taking in more refugees without any background checks!

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X

@FireEmblem_Man: Did you even read what I wrote?

EDIT: I don't even think you understand his point. Do I need to highlight the imporant part for you?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 FireEmblem_Man

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

EDIT: I don't even think you understand his point. Do I need to highlight the imporant part for you?

I read it

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

System Wars is not your personal Anti-SJW Army.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#110 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Ok, next time I'll read stuff before posting an opinion. It would be stupid not to expect a backlash from a comment like that one.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 X_CAPCOM_X

@FireEmblem_Man: First of all, he replied to a fascist, self-admitted "former" alt-right member, whom he follows very closely.

Second, the argument he used is so common. Don't pretend you haven't heard it before and don't know how its employed (and by whom).

Third, he isn't just talking about Sweden. Here's a hint: read the tweet he replied to, and then read his statement again. Think about the context, we just had, and are still having the worst war refugee crisis since WWII, when millions tried to escape Europe. Since then, certain social layers have tripled down on their anti-immigrant chauvinism. In fact, the words of German right wing politicians today sound exactly like those in the Wiemar Republic in advance of WWII's bloodiest battles (search words for you: final solution).

This board really isn't the place for political discussion, so I should stop, but this is just fucking hysterical. You guys can't act like there's no reason for the majority of people to be upset with his opinions. His talent aside, the social feedback is well deserved! The only thing really unfortunate is that in this case, the talent belongs to such a confused and backward individual. Such a shame.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Is it the part where a Pollack stereotypes a people for low intelligence? I found that quite amusing...

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X: Thats a whole lot of assumptions made in one post. You come off as a political nut.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

@creepywelps said:

@X_CAPCOM_X: Thats a whole lot of assumptions made in one post. You come off as a political nut.

Confirmed.

Weeb here believes that anyone that dissents with their political opinion is a "fascist."

Amusingly, the people adopting this stance fail to realize they're laying the groundwork for a real fascist opposition.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#115 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59207 Posts

@asylumni said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Is it the part where a Pollack stereotypes a people for low intelligence? I found that quite amusing...

This could easily just be bad wording on his end of poor education system. Which would be objectively true in many cases.

The entire thing reads as "quality control". i.e. I want good people, contributing to society, able to integrate...

What a bastard.

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#116 Kjtc1979
Member since 2017 • 365 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Notable how the OP doesn't present what was actually said by this individual, but calls on everyone to denounce backlash.

Hard to manufacture rage at Resetera and "Social Justice Warriors" if you include both what the guy said that got him fired, and that it was his violation of company values that got him fired, not Resetera.

"A grown man made a choice to violate the terms of his employment and was terminated for it" is what happened here. But he can't be cast as a helpless victim if it's presented that way.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#117  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

"ppl arn't blank slates that can be reprogrammed simply by being in a new country. importing random ppl from the 3rd world is also importing 3rd world tier crime rates and IQ. now u r dealing with 3rd world levels of dysfunction, condolences from Poland, but we tried to warn u."

That is a widely spread opinion in Europe. I hear something like that every day. And not online, I mean. Aside from the IQ part, that seems to be something of his own invention. But the idea that you keep letting people into a country that still has big problems and therefore can't handle to give these people a fair position and a home leads to problems. Like higher crime rates (which for citizens is evidenced by the group rapings, and now the minister in Sweden thinking of deploying the military on the streets). They have to do very low level jobs if they get a job at all. (Which probably led him to assume that these people have a low IQ, but it's also true that people immigrating (so not the refugees) to countries in Europe from say Africa tend to not be the people who were well off. The cultures have been colliding for some time now, leading people in Europe to be frustrated by the ideas that immigrants can have about all sorts of things (like aiding a woman in need of help can be a problem for a certain culture). Which is probably why he's talking about them not being 'reprogrammmed'.) The refugees have no good prospects in the camps. Even though they can have an amazing background. They are treated poorly in the refugee camps. And by the people in the countries because they don't want them there. No country wants to be too friendly to the refugees at the risk of getting all of them.

So I'm not saying I personally agree with his outing but I've heard it many times. I see where it's coming from and I don't find it all that shocking. The EU is paying Turkey's unofficial dictatorship billions of euro's simply to keep most refugees out of our countries, that's how much they don't want the refugees. I do understand why someone from the USA who lives in a state or city that hasn't had to deal with this problem (crime wave and culture shock I mean) would find it very shocking what he is saying. If you import people you do import their IQ. But of course he is insinuating something wrong with their IQ, and that's not OK. I don't believe that the IQ of the refugees is worse for one bit. There are doctors and legislators among those refugees, people with all sorts of backgrounds ending up in the same hopeless situation. (I'm actually one of the few around me who advocates welcoming them in with open arms because we need them to be with us and not against us. Most people here would declare me insane for thinking that. It's not a fight I can win, the situation is too tense and people have dug in to their defensive positions.)

But honestly I don't think this has to do with him getting fired. I heard he said a lot of other things. It sounds like he was very much not in favor of this whole social justice movement thinking they go too far and in response doing snarky things to rile them up. Well, he riled them up.

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Kjtc1979

@KungfuKitten said:

So I'm not saying I personally agree with his outing but I've heard it many times. I see where it's coming from and I don't find it all that shocking. I do understand why someone from the USA who lives in a state or city that hasn't had to deal with this problem (crime wave I mean) would find it very shocking. BTW what he says about their IQ is technically right. If you import people you do import their IQ. But of course he is insinuating something wrong with their IQ, and that's not OK. I don't believe that their IQ is worse for one bit. (I'm actually one of the few around me who advocates welcoming them in with open arms because we need them to be part of us and not against us.)

In the U.S., at least, undocumented immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than everyone else.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#119  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59207 Posts

@kjtc1979 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

So I'm not saying I personally agree with his outing but I've heard it many times. I see where it's coming from and I don't find it all that shocking. I do understand why someone from the USA who lives in a state or city that hasn't had to deal with this problem (crime wave I mean) would find it very shocking. BTW what he says about their IQ is technically right. If you import people you do import their IQ. But of course he is insinuating something wrong with their IQ, and that's not OK. I don't believe that their IQ is worse for one bit. (I'm actually one of the few around me who advocates welcoming them in with open arms because we need them to be part of us and not against us.)

In the U.S., at least, undocumented immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than everyone else.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-germany-crime/violent-crime-rises-in-germany-and-is-attributed-to-refugees-idUSKBN1ES16J

Applying this to UK is false though, which is what he did. At worst he can be accused of being wrong. Following Paul Joseph Watsom who makes up shit constantly it's no surprise.

-

Also don't be under any illusions here that Resetera had absolutely no hand it in or it isn't a culture of outrage. You're seeing push-back now on Steam, not from people who necessarily agree with him, but people sick of the self-imposed Inquisition they have anointed themselves.

If anything, it's the progressive culture, with their bullish attitude more so than assholes like Paul Joseph Watsom who are pushing people to extremes.

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Kjtc1979

@creepywelps said:
@kjtc1979 said:
@UssjTrunks said:

You will get fired from any job if you express homophobic or racist views, especially publicly. And that's a good thing. People can be bigots in their own homes. But there is no room for that shit in the workplace, and your employer especially doesn't want to see that shit on Twitter where it can tarnish their brand.

This.

And the fact that there is more intelligent, meaningful in-depth discussion of video games in any given hour at Resetera than any given year on this forum is a timely reminder that the people who don't feel welcome at Resetera make it a better place through their absence.

That site is the most diseased ridden echo chamber I've ever been to. You should stay there.

You seem nice.

I'll stick around in both places.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@sonny2dap said:
@Gatygun said:

So what exactly got him/her fired which messages that are reactions on what?

Tried to read it for a while still couldn't figure it out. Just a bunch of upset people being upset it seems.

The guy basically said a bunch of stuff that the tech industry as a whole finds uncomfortable, Gender pay disparity the result of freedom of choice and the different choices men and women make, migrant increases and associated increases in crime, linked to the lower IQ's that are generally produced by the developing world and the correlation between low IQ's and crime, criticized gender identity activists with the good old classic attack helicopter meme etc. The one that landed him in trouble as far as I can tell though was a tweet suggesting a diversity slider should go into the game that as you increased it made your character progressively, darker, more feminine and less sexy.

All the other stuff can be argued away as that's his view to hold you can't compel someone to think otherwise etc., the slider tweet though directly involved the game and now the possibility exists that by suggesting what he did in his slider tweet he is potentially bringing both the game and his employer into disrepute, it also more than likely infringes a company social media policy, so they jettisoned him.

As far as I can tell users on reset era were essentially witch hunting this guy.

So this Restera forum is basically another Far Left Authoritarian place pretending they are super intelligent people?

Sounds great......

Best summary I've heard. But yes.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By KungfuKitten

I'm sorry for being such a negative nancy in this thread. I love people talking to each other, finding places to do so. It just scares me to see that you can no longer speak your mind on the internet without fearing a witch hunt and your career. As a philosopher that feels so wrong. Being able to speak your mind is almost paramount to understanding the world around you and to me that is a vital part of why you are still alive./To understand the world around you is to be able to do something predictable with it. It's vital to your functioning in life. The one mind you have to understand this reality with is very limited in exposure and scope, from which it follows that having multiple minds work together to create an understanding of reality is likely a desirable method for any human being./ So any landmines or roadblocks you place to stop people from just being able to state what they think is true, even if it's something you (I) completely disagree with, is something that I can't agree with insofar that the freedom allows for the sharing of ideas. /A degree of freedom could be an impairment to the ability to learn from each other, which is the important part here for you as a living being trying to function in this world and chase whatever you want. Too much or too little freedom could be undesirable in the sharing of information online./

And that is why I don't like it when people, no matter how many, decide what is wrong or right to say on a forum without the science to back up that it is limiting the ability to share ideas in variety without that involvement. /With which I emphasize that the amount of people agreeing to something does not make it more or less true, but they can determine what is considered right or wrong. If you don't have research, or a lot of experience and experimentation, to back up your method of moderating a forum for instance, then you don't really know what you are doing. And what you are doing should be in service of allowing the sharing of ideas./ Because if you do it wrong you create a place that inbreeds misunderstanding instead of breeding understanding./By limiting the pool of thoughts that can interact with one another, but creating the illusion of an open conversation between people, you fool the minds of people into believing that the ideas that survived moderation are the ideas that survived the minds of others./ I believe that misunderstanding is the root of all evil. /I can't go too deep into this on here, but in short I am of the belief that if a person would understand what 'doing you wrong' would actually do to you, your life, the relationships you have with the people you know, and how similar you both are as people and the world you want to live in, that they would not be able to do you wrong. It has a strong connection with the philosophy that people always have the right intention, determinism when it comes to decision making, but that's a bit tough to explain here./ That's why I don't like such a place. I want everyone to be as wise and full of understanding as possible. So that their ideas are strong and can withstand reality, based on the knowledge of many. (Even if that means you disagree with everything I say.) /With which I mean that life is not about you agreeing with me, but about gaining understanding as that is the right thing to do (to get us where we want to get to). Reality trumps all ideas, and if your ideas don't line up with reality it'll hurt. It's not in my interest to see people get hurt before they understand./ That process involves a whole lot of human failure, as this person has demonstrated. "Door schade en schande wordt men wijs." /We don't have a full understanding, so of course when we reach out to other people we will say ignorant things. And by talking about these thoughts we have a chance to learn how right or wrong we are./ Nobody's ideas are infallible, not even yours. I think we must allow for that. /It's easy to accept that nobody's ideas are infallible, but it's tougher to accept that your ideas are part of that. People will make these mistakes even if they don't want to. It's natural, and there should be room for people to say dumb things and go into conversation with them before we decide to ruin their financial life./

I'm saying I would have preferred a conversation, over a termination. Now none of us have grown wiser, except for him, that he will speak his mind no more. /We have taught him that he can't live a life the way that you would. We gave him nothing to learn from and we have learned nothing from what he said because we never tried to understand./ But what's done is done and let's do things better next time. /I get the people behind the witch hunt and that their intentions are right, and that they are beyond conversation. But maybe what's happening here is not exactly achieving what these people wanted. Maybe entering a conversation like a human being would have been the better choice and a chance for everyone to learn a little about what's happening in the world. Maybe not. Who knows? Can we talk about it? I could be wrong, you know./

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

@kjtc1979 said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Notable how the OP doesn't present what was actually said by this individual, but calls on everyone to denounce backlash.

Hard to manufacture rage at Resetera and "Social Justice Warriors" if you include both what the guy said that got him fired, and that it was his violation of company values that got him fired, not Resetera.

"A grown man made a choice to violate the terms of his employment and was terminated for it" is what happened here. But he can't be cast as a helpless victim if it's presented that way.

There's no need to "manufacture" rage. If you actually READ what the guy said you realize that it wasn't inherently racist, but that it could be interpreted as such if one chose to be a small-minded, singular purpose asshole.

He appears to associate IQ with access to a secular education and he's not wrong for doing so.

I never argued that his company was outside of their right to fire him. My point was that his political standing was irrelevant because it appears to have had 0 impact on the game's development and that he's an incredible sound designer and a big reason why the game ended up as good as it did.

The fact is, your idiot friends at resetera, can't stand the thought that somewhere out there someone is wrongthinking and needs to be shamed into submission. In the interview cup posted, he talks about how they used to have lengthy political discussions from differing perspectives without any issues. His beliefs were apparently not a problem among his fellow devs until resetera gathered a horde of mouth breathers to hurl -ist words at him.

@kjtc1979 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Except there's this:

Report: DACA-age illegals far more likely to commit crimes, be in jail

and the fact that he wasn't referring to the U.S.

Incidentally, with the upcoming release of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, I am going to go out on a limb and predict the same people are going to try and stir up shit to smear Daniel Vávra.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts
@KungfuKitten said:

"ppl arn't blank slates that can be reprogrammed simply by being in a new country. importing random ppl from the 3rd world is also importing 3rd world tier crime rates and IQ. now u r dealing with 3rd world levels of dysfunction, condolences from Poland, but we tried to warn u."

That is a widely spread opinion in Europe. I hear something like that every day. And not online, I mean. Aside from the IQ part, that seems to be something of his own invention. But the idea that you keep letting people into a country that still has big problems and therefore can't handle to give these people a fair position and a home leads to problems. Like higher crime rates (which for citizens is evidenced by the group rapings, and now the minister in Sweden thinking of deploying the military on the streets). They have to do very low level jobs if they get a job at all. (Which probably led him to assume that these people have a low IQ, but it's also true that people immigrating (so not the refugees) to countries in Europe from say Africa tend to not be the people who were well off. The cultures have been colliding for some time now, leading people in Europe to be frustrated by the ideas that immigrants can have about all sorts of things (like aiding a woman in need of help can be a problem for a certain culture). Which is probably why he's talking about them not being 'reprogrammmed'.) The refugees have no good prospects in the camps. Even though they can have an amazing background. They are treated poorly in the refugee camps. And by the people in the countries because they don't want them there. No country wants to be too friendly to the refugees at the risk of getting all of them.

So I'm not saying I personally agree with his outing but I've heard it many times. I see where it's coming from and I don't find it all that shocking. The EU is paying Turkey's unofficial dictatorship billions of euro's simply to keep most refugees out of our countries, that's how much they don't want the refugees. I do understand why someone from the USA who lives in a state or city that hasn't had to deal with this problem (crime wave and culture shock I mean) would find it very shocking what he is saying. If you import people you do import their IQ. But of course he is insinuating something wrong with their IQ, and that's not OK. I don't believe that the IQ of the refugees is worse for one bit. There are doctors and legislators among those refugees, people with all sorts of backgrounds ending up in the same hopeless situation. (I'm actually one of the few around me who advocates welcoming them in with open arms because we need them to be with us and not against us. Most people here would declare me insane for thinking that. It's not a fight I can win, the situation is too tense and people have dug in to their defensive positions.)

But honestly I don't think this has to do with him getting fired. I heard he said a lot of other things. It sounds like he was very much not in favor of this whole social justice movement thinking they go too far and in response doing snarky things to rile them up. Well, he riled them up.

I can't stand PJW and his like but this lower IQ point is absolutely based on facts when applied to specific groups, and not just thrown around as a generalisation.

Almost half of the Muslims alive today are inbred as a result of marrying a first cousin. This includes around 70% of Pakistanis and 67% of Saudi Arabs. These are incredibly uncomfortable facts but they're true and can be read about from countless reputable sources. As a result, birth defects and disabilities in children are far more common in these groups, as well as unique genetic disorders, plus there's a lot of scientific evidence that shows this has significant effects on intelligence and cognitive ability.

So, unfortunately, given the fact that Muslims make up around a third of the world population, some proportion of immigrants that arrive in a new country at any one time will likely have a lower than average IQ. Rather than using this info to bash all immigrants—as the alt-right/right tend to do—I'd prefer it to be taught educationally, to help put a stop to what is a very serious issue.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Sancho_Panzer
@whalefish82 said:

Almost half of the Muslims alive today are inbred as a result of marrying a first cousin. This includes around 70% of Pakistanis and 67% of Saudi Arabs. These are incredibly uncomfortable facts but they're true and can be read about from countless reputable sources. As a result, birth defects and disabilities in children are far more common in these groups, as well as unique genetic disorders, plus there's a lot of scientific evidence that shows this has significant effects on intelligence and cognitive ability.

So if disease and low IQ are symptoms of a limited, homogenous gene pool, then genetic mixing is generally something you want to encourage, right?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By KungfuKitten

@whalefish82: Interesting, I had never heard of that before. I'll read up on it.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

No one should be persecuted for their beliefs.

But it's 2018 if you don't already know that certain opinions are not for certain audiences, well you're an idiot.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

@sancho_panzer said:
@whalefish82 said:

So if disease and low IQ are symptoms of a limited, homogenous gene pool, then genetic mixing is generally something you want to encourage, right?

Absolutely. As an ex Londoner I can tell you one of the main things I miss about it is the incredible multiculturalism. What I want is for people to be giving birth to healthy children. It's simple really and thankfully there is more concern about this uncomfortable truth from within the Muslim community now, particularly those raised in more democratic societies.

This isn't really the place to discuss this but I'll finish with one last point: We have this alt-right movement, led by the likes of Breitbart and JPW, that uses skewed stats and fake or exaggerated points to present a completely warped view of the world. Now, instead of using logic and facts to defeat them, we have this equally ridiculous, militant left that has come to dominate the counter argument. It's two bald men fighting over a comb and just getting worse. Setting fire to a car because some idiot like Anne Coulter is going to speak at your college is just as stupid as thinking all Muslims are terrorists.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@lemmingslayer: Weirdo. Grow up. No one knows who you are, and nobody cares or will care. Ever. Sit down, and shut up.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Sancho_Panzer

@whalefish82 said:
@sancho_panzer said:
@whalefish82 said:

Absolutely. As an ex Londoner I can tell you one of the main things I miss about it is the incredible multiculturalism. What I want is for people to be giving birth to healthy children. It's simple really and thankfully there is more concern about this uncomfortable truth from within the Muslim community now, particularly those raised in more democratic societies.

This isn't really the place to discuss this but I'll finish with one last point: We have this alt-right movement, led by the likes of Breitbart and JPW, that uses skewed stats and fake or exaggerated points to present a completely warped view of the world. Now, instead of using logic and facts to defeat them, we have this equally ridiculous, militant left that has come to dominate the counter argument. It's two bald men fighting over a comb and just getting worse. Setting fire to a car because some idiot like Anne Coulter is going to speak at your college is just as stupid as thinking all Muslims are terrorists.

Yeah, it's not really the place, I suppose. I get why some people take issue with the way immigration has been handled in Europe (and more currently, in Israel maybe?), and I get why other people get upset with their response to that. Sucks that people lose their jobs over their views when all that will happen is that they'll end up more entrenched, though.

As long as we're all squabbling on the internet over which piece is bigger, the only people who are going to get any cake are the ones doing the slicing.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#132 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Dasein808 said:

@kjtc1979 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Except there's this:

Report: DACA-age illegals far more likely to commit crimes, be in jail

and the fact that he wasn't referring to the U.S.

Incidentally, with the upcoming release of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, I am going to go out on a limb and predict the same people are going to try and stir up shit to smear Daniel Vávra.

Apparently that report goes against almost all other research on the topic. And apparently it has some issues in stats for identifying illegal immigrants

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#134 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

How is this SW related? We have a forum for this "they took our jorbs", "nah you're a nazi" stuff

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#135 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@lemmingslayer said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@lemmingslayer said:
@drlostrib said:
@lemmingslayer said:

Well it's good to see that the Gamespot forums didn't get infested with the SJW madness.

These autists cry about how Trump is a facist, yet the irony is they're the biggest facists of all.

When did it start being okay to use autism as a general insult, especially it seems for people who disagree with your pov? Did someone once tell you that you can't say retard anymore so you just decided to go with a more specific mental disability?

Wow. I disappear for months and here you are still riding deez nuts :D Look lemkid, you don't want none of this. I owned you brutally enough before and that was me going easy on you. Don't make me hurt you.

Ah the alt that spouts "Autism" as an insult.

Thought you would of learned from your last alt @hawkeye44 ?

Gonna start posting epileptic shaking gifs? or more borefest Horizon gifs?

lol, son you have no idea.

Well you got that right, I for one have absolutely no idea who you are. I don't care either to be honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@lemmingslayer said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@lemmingslayer said:
@drlostrib said:

When did it start being okay to use autism as a general insult, especially it seems for people who disagree with your pov? Did someone once tell you that you can't say retard anymore so you just decided to go with a more specific mental disability?

Wow. I disappear for months and here you are still riding deez nuts :D Look lemkid, you don't want none of this. I owned you brutally enough before and that was me going easy on you. Don't make me hurt you.

Ah the alt that spouts "Autism" as an insult.

Thought you would of learned from your last alt @hawkeye44 ?

Gonna start posting epileptic shaking gifs? or more borefest Horizon gifs?

lol, son you have no idea.

Well you got that right, I for one have absolutely no idea who you are. I don't care either to be honest.

He's been found out now... he'l create another account and avoid using autism insults...

shaking gifs on the other hand.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

@kjtc1979: Just calling it like I see it. I spent 5 min looking around in there before I just couldn't take it anymore. Horrible group of mods and certain posters there.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@xantufrog said:

How is this SW related? We have a forum for this "they took our jorbs", "nah you're a nazi" stuff

haven't you had to ask twice now what's going on with this thread?

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3233 Posts

Well this is what I feel of this fucking thread so far

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3233 Posts

Also this should be in the Political Gamers forum and not System Wars.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts

Firing a sound designer to appease a group of people who won't buy your game anyway?

That's some stupid shit right there.

People who witch hunt people for having an opinion and getting them fired form a job they love is just disgraceful.

@uninspiredcup said:

That forum is cancer.

It's like they didn't learn anything from Neogaf.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2086 Posts

Requesting this thread get locked down or moved now, appreciate the general tone of discussion nothing too heated couple people shown themselves to be a bit authoritarian in attitude but that's on them, other than that the thread has gone waaaaay off topic into the wider digital culture war.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#143 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

locking it down at author's request. think we've got systems to fight over!