Stop treating the Wii like it's a PS2/GC with a remote.

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#51 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
Alright alright, its an Xbox with a remote...
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

[QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"]

No the cpu and gpu compnents of the Wii and nothing more than overclocked GC compnents in the real worldGunnuts

How is the Wii an overclocked GC? Could you provide me a list of parts the Wii is using that were also in the Gamecube, to play it's Wii games? Because honestly, from how I see it. If the Wii is an overclocked GC then the Xbox 360 is an overclocked Xbox.

The Wii cpu, Broadway is a powerpc cpu clocked in at 729 Mhz compared to the GC cpu, Gekko, another powerpc cpu clocked in at 485Mhz.

The Wii gpu, Hollywood gpu is clocked in at 243 Mhz whereas the GC gpu is clocked in at 162 Mhz and both gpus are architecturally very similar.

The wii has 88MB main ram and 3MB texture RAM whereas the GC has 43MB non unified ram.

So really the Wii is an overclocked GC

Well, what does that make the 360 and PS3. The difference is larger, but they're just another step upwards. At least Ninty took a few steps sideways while they went up.
GrlGmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54 GrlGmr
Member since 2003 • 4179 Posts

[QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"]

No the cpu and gpu compnents of the Wii and nothing more than overclocked GC compnents in the real worldGunnuts

How is the Wii an overclocked GC? Could you provide me a list of parts the Wii is using that were also in the Gamecube, to play it's Wii games? Because honestly, from how I see it. If the Wii is an overclocked GC then the Xbox 360 is an overclocked Xbox.

The Wii cpu, Broadway is a powerpc cpu clocked in at 729 Mhz compared to the GC cpu, Gekko, another powerpc cpu clocked in at 485Mhz.

The Wii gpu, Hollywood gpu is clocked in at 243 Mhz whereas the GC gpu is clocked in at 162 Mhz and both gpus are architecturally very similar.

The wii has 88MB main ram and 3MB texture RAM whereas the GC has 43MB non unified ram.

So really the Wii is an overclocked GC

Note that none of these specs have been confirmed by Nintendo.
Lanfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Lanfeix
Member since 2006 • 459 Posts

I realy dont mind the PS2 ports Take a look @ this PS2 port coming out this month

this is the PS2 version of the game

This is the Wii version of the game

As Long at the PS2 ports get updated to use the power of the wii, I welcome them.

Its a realy shame the no one talks about how power saving the wii is after all the work the Ninty guys put into making sure its not an energy hog.