foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#301 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

So does this mean they are dropping all the restrictions on sexual content or is it just going back to where it was originally?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#302 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@James_xeno: Nah, hate speech is not the same as free speech and should not be tolerated.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

@recloud said:

@James_xeno: Nah, hate speech is not the same as free speech and should not be tolerated.

Your post is offensive to me. Remove it or consequences will never be the same after I backtrace you and call the cyberpolice

AncientDozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#304 AncientDozer
Member since 2004 • 8259 Posts

It's a terrible idea, if you ask me. Quality control is a necessity. The first major bust for the gaming industry was a flood of stupid as shit, low quality games.

@boycie said:

Gamers are all the way for no censorship in games. Until they see a woman in a game that they don't approve of and then the shit hits the fan.

Ahahaha, exactly.

Bunch of whiny little buggers, these shits.

@Ghost120x said:

Good response from Valve. The market can decide for itself. The trash games will continue to get buried, and good, fun and well designed games will continue to flourish as they have done before.

Oh lad, the market is never to be fully trusted. Only a naive idiot believes the market can "decide for itself". Regulation and quality control are like the clippers you use to trim away dead leaves or branches. The tool you use to remove weeds from your damn garden.

The trash games will bury quality games, forcing you to exert effort. Maybe you're the kinda guy who is willing to waste hours sifting through the refuse but most people aren't. Good games will, without good coverage or word of mouth, be washed away.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@AncientDozer: You're being melodramatic. Simply take 5 minutes every day or every other day to see all the new games that release. You won't miss anything.

I support what Valve is doing. I hate censorship, and I really don't mind all the trash that does get released on Steam.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#306 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

@AncientDozer: Good content will receive word of mouth and coverage as they have done in the past. The home page of steam and similar stores can still highlight quality content. Recommendation algorithms based on play time and purchase history are getting more sophisticated.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#307 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts
@recloud said:

Hate speech is part of free speech and government has to tolerate it by not censoring it nor restricting it. However, society does not.