Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order is so Gooooooooood!!! (No Spoilers)

• 81 results
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@davillain-: "What part of option don't you understand?"

But you came at me with the above qoute.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

I'm waiting to play it Christmas day on our new 65" Samsung QLED.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@briguyb13: What system are you gaming on?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@Pedro said:

@briguyb13: What system are you gaming on?

PS4 Pro.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Pedro

@briguyb13: Then it should be blast. Have fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@Pedro said:

@briguyb13: Then it should be blast. Have fun.

Thanks. Thinkin' about picking up a Xbox One X if I can get a good price, but since Scarlett is coming out next year I might just wait for that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pedro

@briguyb13: You have a Pro, which is good enough. So, holding off on the Xbox One X purchase makes sense. Unless there are games that you absolutely need to play.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

I'll play it eventually because of Respawn otherwiseI hate Star Wars universe.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Pedro

@pc_rocks: Why?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PC_Rocks

@Pedro said:

@pc_rocks: Why?

Because I have no nostalgia due to only watching Star Wars quite late around in late 2000's and I found it to be extremely cliche, stupid, full of plot holes etc etc. Often times it amazes me how can it has so many fans when to me it seems like the original trilogy was written by a 10 year old. By modern standards it's quite sh*t.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Pedro

@pc_rocks: Odd you will say by modern standards. What modern standards are you referencing? Its worth noting that the success of the franchise was due to it being one of a kind when it was released in 1977. So, for you to say it's extremely cliche late 2000's is a little comical. Its also odd you will hate something that you clearly stated have no nostalgia to. Remember, hate is a very passionate word. ;)

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

The map design in this is borderline incompetent. I mean, wtf, it doesn't need to be so convoluted. This is dampening my enjoyment somewhat.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ghosts4ever: You know you've lost the debate when you start with the "you only like racing games" shtick.

You couldn't counter anything i said, and makes your statement that its the best SW game completely invalid. But thanks for sharing the worst opinions on here with us :)

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 PC_Rocks

@Pedro said:

@pc_rocks: Odd you will say by modern standards. What modern standards are you referencing? Its worth noting that the success of the franchise was due to it being one of a kind when it was released in 1977. So, for you to say it's extremely cliche late 2000's is a little comical. Its also odd you will hate something that you clearly stated have no nostalgia to. Remember, hate is a very passionate word. ;)

That's exactly what I said. It was one of a kind in 1977 not in 2000's. Once you realize that the CGI etc is really outdated and isn't as good as it was for 1979 standards - the movies are extremely boring, stupid and outright stupid. So, I have no nostaligic feelings towards it at all. I totally understand it was great for its time but that time has long past and it's living on nostalgia alone.

Also, hate is a strong word, I should have used I don't like it.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

The map design in this is borderline incompetent. I mean, wtf, it doesn't need to be so convoluted. This is dampening my enjoyment somewhat.

Yeah, it really isn't good. None of it makes sense from a practical standpoint. It's just pieced together based on the jump/climbing mechanics that don't make anything feel organic. I hate the 'slide' areas, just feels out of place and aren't needed.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MirkoS77

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Yeah, it really isn't good. None of it makes sense from a practical standpoint. It's just pieced together based on the jump/climbing mechanics that don't make anything feel organic. I hate the 'slide' areas, just feels out of place and aren't needed.

Yup it feels very "gamey". I almost rage quit after running around for half an hour on Zeffo just trying to get back to the damn ship. When there's Youtube videos addressing this you know there's a problem. The slides are pointless, IMO. There's no reason the levels couldn't be more straightforward and practical in their layouts; I don't know what the level designer was thinking or what approach was used but it doesn't work.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#67 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I just beat it the other day. Overall, I was impressed. I won't say it's the best Star Wars game ever made (KOTOR), but I'll say it's one of the best Star Wars action games made in a long time. Like someone else said in this thread, I don't think the Dark Souls style was really a good fit. There was no point to it, really. Once you got a full skill point, you never lost it, whereas in Dark Souls, you lose everything you've collected. I don't know... the game suffers from an identity crisis. It's a bit of Dark Souls, a bit of Tomb Raider, a bit of Uncharted, and a bit of Super Mario 64 with all the ice sliding... I hope we get a more focused game with the sequel.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: I decided to take few more pics and I'll share'em here. capture in 1440p:

Starkiller Base...in the future making:

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

I just scored a free download code off my cousin, so I'll play it over the holidays. Looking forward to it!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I just scored a free download code off my cousin, so I'll play it over the holidays. Looking forward to it!

Turn the motion blur and that off in the options first otherwise it will look like a 360 game, and i'm interested to hear what you think of the pop in on the original Xbox as I found it unforgivably atrocious.

Then there's the map, man it must be someone's idea after coming down after a big night out, as I have no idea how anyone could of thought that was a good idea :(

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

It seems like a solid single player experience, I will get it eventually when its £30 or something.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

It's weirdly optimized, 1060 6gb. it runs better on epic than medium at 1080p.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MirkoS77

@davillain-: that second pic's a bit spoiler-ish territory.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@MirkoS77 said:

Sadly, it's not consider spoiler cause it's not 100% confirm. In other words, it's not related to the actual game's story which isn't mark as spoiler.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#75 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

@davillain- said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Sadly, it's not consider spoiler cause it's not 100% confirm. In other words, it's not related to the actual game's story which isn't mark as spoiler.

There is no official confirmation that Illum is the planet that the Starkiller base will be located in the Force Wakening. The claim it is is just fan speculation due to the fact that Illum and the Starkiller base are alike in some ways (i.e. both are cold).

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hrt_rulz01

Quick question for those that have played it, do you need to know backstory or be a Star Wars fan to enjoy the game? Because I'm not a big Star Wars guy and watched the movies years ago.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#77 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Quick question for those that have played it, do you need to know backstory or be a Star Wars fan to enjoy the game? Because I'm not a big Star Wars guy and watched the movies years ago.

Do you like lock on combat, parries, and a bunch of one dimensional abilities with little synergy? If so the game has its appeal as a solid action/adventure romp, in a lot of ways it would have fit right in on the PS2 with the likes of Sands of Time, Wind Waker, Okami, Beyond Good and Evil and the like. Only with combat that's not shit (well Okami's might be better), the other systems the exploration and platforming leave something to be desired.

If you go in expecting From Software's level design chops or the boss fights n combat quality of proper Japanese action games tho it's slacking, but it's head n shoulders over most western melee combat games that aren't Dad of War of DmC: Definitive Edition.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@hrt_rulz01 said:

As a Star Wars fan, not really. Despite JFO is canon to the mainline, you can still enjoy this game without knowing the lore of Star Wars saga. Now however, if you played Dark Souls, Sekiro type of gameplay, and love Metroid Prime exploration style, then give it a try. Hardcore Star Wars fan will notice easter eggs throughout the game, but none fans will still be able to enjoy the game. Customization for Lightsaber was the fun part, but not the Poncho crap and the cosmetics in this game are pointless. Do you like backtracking? If not, then be aware there's no fast-travel and you'll be doing alot of back walking and if you like exploration like those of Metroid Prime, then your good to go.

JFO sits at number 1 for me on my top 10 new games of 2019.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 hrt_rulz01

@davillain-: @jg4xchamp: Thanks for the advice... Not sure whether to use the code I got or sell it on EBay. I'm just sceptical whether I'll like it or get through it.

Anyway I'll have to think about it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@davillain-: @jg4xchamp: Thanks for the advice... Not sure whether to use the code I got or sell it on EBay. I'm just sceptical whether I'll like it or get through it.

Sell it on Ebay, while the game is fun in parts, its fucking annoying in others, and for me at least the bad outweighs the good unfortunately.

Oh and ghosts says it the best Star Wars game ever made, so that should tell you everything you need to know lol.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#81 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9547 Posts

I'm not hating the game but not liking it as much as I would have liked either. The opening half an hour or so was intense and pretty bad ass... I lost interest near the end of the first planet once you leave though.. something about fighting slugs and frogs took me out of the game. I'll probably go back to it soon though.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hrt_rulz01

@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Sell it on Ebay, while the game is fun in parts, its fucking annoying in others, and for me at least the bad outweighs the good unfortunately.

Oh and ghosts says it the best Star Wars game ever made, so that should tell you everything you need to know lol.

Yeah I probably will.