Star Wars: Battlefront. Reveal Trailer and Gameplay Info!

• 136 results
Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@anthonyautumns said:

@bldgirsh:

Feels like a Star Wars PlanetSide 2 Version.

I would love to play that game.

Huge maps would be amazing.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#102 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@daious said:

@anthonyautumns said:

@bldgirsh:

Feels like a Star Wars PlanetSide 2 Version.

I would love to play that game.

Huge maps would be amazing.

I had hopes for that, but then realised that this is EA's DICE, so they would obviously aim at a smaller and more movie like game.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Since this is a MP focused game, I'm not interested... I'll wait for a SP focused game. Hopefully from Bioware!

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

I want to see some gameplay to decide

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

So always online? lol

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@FastRobby said:

This really feels like battlefield in a Star Wars coat...

because its exactly what it is lol. Wasn't following the announcements but wtf only 40 players? WHAT? No campaign is great news, DICE is laughable at that but will the game be sold at a lower cost? It has to be... But it won't because EA. Also, be ready for 'force'packs, only $4.99 a piece!

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@FastRobby said:

This really feels like battlefield in a Star Wars coat...

because its exactly what it is lol. Wasn't following the announcements but wtf only 40 players? WHAT? No campaign is great news, DICE is laughable at that but will the game be sold at a lower cost? It has to be... But it won't because EA. Also, be ready for 'force'packs, only $4.99 a piece!

only 40? what the hell?

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

no space battles wow looks like more DLC coming soon

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

All EA sees here is a quick money grab, and I don't think this game will amount to anything else.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#111 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

All EA sees here is a quick money grab, and I don't think this game will amount to anything else.

Sadly this is true.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#112  Edited By deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Joy, sounds like a game I'd enjoy for four hours. Really stripped away everything from the first two Battlefront games... Sigh.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

No campaign, no bots, no galactic conquest, no space battles and 4 planets out of all the star wars universe to fight on......

Ya honestly don't give two fucks about this game. No interest even in the slightest. And Battlefront 2 is literally my most loved game of all time. Says a lot doesn't it. My most beloved series of games and I literally have zero interest in playing or buying the next iteration. You honestly can't even call it that with the amount of content and gameplay not present. It's a half assed battlefield with star wars assets is all this fucking is. Hell it's got less content then even the psp version of the series. Pathetic.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17676 Posts

This trailer is one of the largest buckets of horseshit I've ever seen.

Sure EA, sure Dice.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#115  Edited By GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

so the only "Battlefront" part of the game is just the name, they literally stripped everything BF2 had lol.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Does it've fleshed out sp or mp centered game like BF???

EDIT: Just read OP, no sp. No interest in this at all.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By PAL360

I'll get the game because i LOVE Star Wars, but i'm very disappointed:

1. No space combat? Even Battlefront 2 running on Playstation 2 hardware had it! And let's be honest here...the battle of Endor (the space one) was one of the most epic sequences of the entire series.

2. 40 player cap? DICE already managed to put 64 players on current hardware. Why a downgrade here?

3. No bots? The ability to play offline against bots was part of the fun in previous games.

4. 60fps is great, but it's time for DICE to optimize the engine to 1080p on PS4. 900p is simply not acceptable for current standards.

That said, i don't mind the lack of singleplayer campaign. DICE already proved to not be good at it, and there are more Star Wars games in development to fill that gap. The visuals look amazing too, but that's probably because of so many cuts.

Edit: Anyone remembers this?

Loading Video...

This old footage never looked so good :(

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 GrayF0X786

@twizded said:

This game has so much potential! I trust DICE to pull it off nicely.

but can we trust EA or Disney

i feel like they are rushing this game to tie in with the movie, and we all know what happens to games that tie in with the movie.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I would rather prefer trailer info and gameplay reveal :-)

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@GrayF0X786 said:

@twizded said:

This game has so much potential! I trust DICE to pull it off nicely.

but can we trust EA or Disney

i feel like they are rushing this game to tie in with the movie, and we all know what happens to games that tie in with the movie.

Yeah, considering the disastrous launch of Battlefield 4. Aiming for a set release date sounds like it could be a bad move.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#121 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@davillain- said:

@musicalmac said:

I was hoping for some actual gameplay stuff, not just trailer stuff.

It smells like delay.

This is the norm for most stuff like this when they show world premier trailers such as this and save the gameplay for E3. That said, EA will show more this years at E3 2015 and I already knew from the start that there wouldn't be gameplay anyways when E3 is only 2 months away.

Sure, I get that. I was just hoping that they'd buck that trend for a game release of this magnitude (combined with the upcoming movie release).

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

Let's see made from Dice and published from EA so that means it will milked with tons of dlc. Yeah no thanks. Too bad EA has permission to publish Star Wars games.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#123  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@PAL360:

1. The space combat in Battlefront 2 was a complete afterthought (the game only did come out a year after the original) and was terrible. It was the same map with a tiny different layout and each one played the exact same. Once you did it once there was no more unique moments to come from that.

2. More != better. Never has, never will. One of the most frustrating aspects of Battlefield is when a server dies after a 64 player game. The maps are just not fun with 30-40 players and you're stuck either waiting for more to join or leaving to find another. Smaller player counts avoid this issue entirely.

3. There are bots and an offline and co-op mode that are different from the main multiplayer modes. It's just not the old Instant Action from the first two.

Also that footage for that Battlefront 3 game was always terrible. It was clunky, devoid of any life, looked like a PS2 game with some more shine, and looked like it played as poorly as the first two games. It would have gotten eaten alive if it were ever launched.

I used to be the biggest fan of Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 but as I got older and played other games I realized how flawed and shallow they were. They got a pass for being shallow and boring just because they were set in Star Wars.

DICE rebooting the franchise is probably the best thing that could happen with it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#124 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

"Game Engine Footage"

Translation: Won't look like this on PS4 or Xbone.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 PAL360

@Wasdie:

''DICE rebooting the franchise is probably the best thing that could happen with it.''

That's what i have been saying since it was announced. DICE were the perfect devs to embrace these series. Doesn't mean that everything they are doing is flawless.

1. Space combat wasn't perfectly implemented in BF2, but it created the foundations for a formula that could be improved. Also that was two generations ago! At this point, with current hardware, there's no excuse to not include something so important in Star Wars universe.

2. Not always, sure, but i disagree when it comes to DICE games. Scale is the main reason many prefer Battlefield over other shooters, like CoD.

3. The ability to play the same multiplayer modes and maps with bots would be great.

I have been waiting for this game since Battlefront 2, and it's impossible to not be disappointed with the lack of some content that should be standard in the series. It has nothing to do with how badly the previous games aged or play now. This is a DICE game, so we already know it will look amazing and play even better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@PAL360 said:

@Wasdie:

''DICE rebooting the franchise is probably the best thing that could happen with it.''

That's what i have been saying since it was announced. DICE were the perfect devs to embrace these series. Doesn't mean that everything they are doing is flawless.

1. Space combat wasn't perfectly implemented in BF2, but it created the foundations for a formula that could be improved. Also that was two generations ago! At this point, with current hardware, there's no excuse to not include something so important in Star Wars universe.

2. Not always, sure, but i disagree when it comes to DICE games. Scale is the main reason many prefer Battlefield over other shooters, like CoD.

3. The ability to play the same multiplayer modes and maps with bots would be great.

I have been waiting for this game since Battlefront 2, and it's impossible to not be disappointed with the lack of some content that should be standard in the series. It has nothing to do with how badly the previous games aged or play now. This is a DICE game, so we already know it will look amazing and play even better.

I think current hardware is the barrier, everyone expects high fidelity graphics in all parts of the game these days and for the game to be significantly better on the PC, it's incredibly expensive and time consuming to get anything made which is most likely why they've not focused on space combat. I'd rather they get combined air and infantry combat nailed down in the regular maps personally and have them up to a high standard.

You've also got to remember this isn't a sequel, it's a reboot. They've decided to take the game in their own direction and whilst i get that everyone wanted BF3, since the shit show at Pandemic and BF3's plagued development that game just wasn't meant to be.

Btw has there been a confirmed number of maps? I keep hearing 4 planets which has been a complaint but i saw an article stating more than 8 maps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#127 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@bloodytides said:

Let's hope EA doesn't screw the game.

Same feelings here.

yeah. i mean Dice can deliver, but EA is doing their best to stir shit up.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1478 Posts

Dear oh dear, this isn't looking too promising is it.

1. No space battles

2. only 20 vs 20

3. No prequel trilogy planets and factions

4. AT-AT's are on rails

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts

Nada, doesn't sound right at all for a BF sequel, think most will just stick with Titanfall for an online shooter like this. Halo 5 on the other hand will deliver the complete gaming awesomness. :P

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By PAL360

@hoosier7:

We all know that console hardware have limitations, and PC is superior. It doesn't change the fact that the last game in the series came 10 years ago and ran on hardware infinitely inferior. We already have massive games (Planetside 2, Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, etc), so the restrictions in the new Battlefront are not more than a design choice.

I wouldn't ask for grount to space maps, that would probably be too much, but one map just in space should be included. Again, despite the dated gameplay, Battlefront 2 did it pretty well: Two stations, where you could play infantry, and all the space in between to replicate some classic Star Wars battles.

I'm not sure how many maps. I would gess 8 (2per planet) at launch.

@moistcarrot said:

4. AT-AT's are on rails

Completly forgot about that. I loved how we could pilot every single vehicle/hardware on previous games, despite their size.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 GrayF0X786

@moistcarrot said:

4. AT-AT's are on rails

I may have missed this, is this confirmed?

if so then wow....just wow.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts

New info, you may want to update the OP....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-aiming-for-60fps-will-have-d/1100-6426758/

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 PAL360
@SecretPolice said:

New info, you may want to update the OP....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-aiming-for-60fps-will-have-d/1100-6426758/

Nice info. Good to know destruction will be there!

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

So that's real time graphics? My gods. Guess this is what Dice is capable of when cutting 360 development out completely. Bring on more of these fully gen 8 games. Games sell better on next gen now anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@PAL360: The AT-AT on rails bit sounds awful, seems it is 4 planets but there's more than 2 maps per planet. I'm guessing 10-12 maps, it's a shame there won't be the variety of the old games.

It seems the online's is just going to be a regular deal which is a shame, i'd have loved the online to be set up as a galactic conquest kind of like Red Orchestra 2 does with the two sides fight through the maps to wipe out the other side.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@moistcarrot said:

Dear oh dear, this isn't looking too promising is it.

1. No space battles

2. only 20 vs 20

3. No prequel trilogy planets and factions

4. AT-AT's are on rails

Don't worry they stated they will be adding space battles down the road in DLC.. We all know how much every one loves DLC.