Star Citizen/Squadron 42 will be a success story.

• 77 results
Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

One thing Chris Roberts really known for is releasing ground breaking games, and Star Citizen seems no different. Every game has flaws and this one will have those too but overall product is coming along nicely. Naysayers kept saying its visuals will become outdated and its features will no longer be revolutionary when xyz game (then No Man's Sky) comes out but all of those claims were proven wrong again and again.

Visuals kept improving and gameplay kept getting updates. Compare current build with the last year one, and the last year one with the year before it. Things are pretty clear. Slowly but surely the project is improving and becoming a reality. It's going in the right direction. Even Squadron 42 looked breathtaking few months ago. Compare that build with the one from 2 years ago and the difference is like night and day. Sure some things are still rough around edges but those will surely improve with time as well.

As for financial department; All these fools who spend their entire day criticizing the game all over the internet are doing great service the CIG, the developers of the game. This drama, controversy and free advertisement will surely bring a lot of new buyers once the product is finally done. So I'd say keep it up. I'm really looking for to it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

I doubt.

they show SQ42 alpha gameplay and disappear again. no sign still. so its not really coming out anytime soon.

star citizen on other hand will never ever release.

and since when was last time chris roberts have made a game?

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

Tired of hearing about this thing

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#5 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@jtothamtothap said:

Im rooting for the game to be amazing but I feel the same as you. Shit or get off the pot at this point

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@jtothamtothap said:

Im rooting for the game to be amazing but I feel the same as you. Shit or get off the pot at this point

Exactly

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Hey I haven't seen you in a while @Cloud_imperium. Glad you're still kicking around

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

It'll be ready when it's ready and no other game will be comparable for years to come.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I agree.

I'm a long time backer of the game and I believe it will be successful. My time in the alpha has shown me that when it's complete Star Citizen will blow every other game out of the water in terms of sheer scope and technical wizardry. I can't wait for the backend network updates that will dramatically improve the stability and performance of the game. This game is gonna be huge.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

This game will never release. Chris Roberts is going to keep milking the hermits so he can live in his mansion, drive his lambo, go on expensive vacations and buy more $20,000 espresso machines for his offices. Don't forget the custom couches and star trek sliding doors. Because that is what your money for Star Citizen goes towards.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@stuff238 said:

This game will never release. Chris Roberts is going to keep milking the hermits so he can live in his mansion, drive his lambo, go on expensive vacations and buy more $20,000 espresso machines for his offices. Don't forget the custom couches and star trek sliding doors. Because that is what your money for Star Citizen goes towards.

Yea, this game is already on the backburner for a while now. Fun to see it progress but honestly not much interesting.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

No it won't. The gameplay shown so far shows a game that is trying to do too much and none of it is cohesive. It is a mess and going to be the biggest flop in gaming history. I'm sick of hearing about this game, just hoping it launches soon so we can talk about better games. Although it might launch in 2030.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Needhealing

@stuff238 said:

You have to give it to the guy. He has a level of persuasion that is insane. To be able to convince a legion of hermits to back what is esentially a game that gave him a millionare lifestyle without it even releasing is simply brilliant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@needhealing said:

No it won't. The gameplay shown so far shows a game that is trying to do too much and none of it is cohesive. It is a mess and going to be the biggest flop in gaming history. I'm sick of hearing about this game, just hoping it launches soon so we can talk about better games. Although it might launch in 2030.

What better games?

All this s*it ass forum talks about is AAA games that last 10 hours because they happen to be exclusive.

Nintendo sticks to polishing old genres.

Sony are a one trick pony "I am prettier than though, but deep as a puddle"

Microsoft failing to innovate at all... except maybe this Sea of Thieves game, which looks like its as deep as a puddle.

At the end of the day, we need more big risky projects... but yea, lets keep praising Action TPS #12341243124

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58957 Posts

Elite came out, no point.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

The graphics might be impressive from a technical side, but artistically it's bland and boring looking.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Needhealing

@MBirdy88 said:
@needhealing said:

What better games?

All this s*it ass forum talks about is AAA games that last 10 hours because they happen to be exclusive.

Microsoft failing to innovate at all... except maybe this Sea of Thieves game, which looks like its as deep as a puddle.

At the end of the day, we need more big risky projects... but yea, lets keep praising Action TPS #12341243124

Wo, calm down boy. Games don't have to be revolutionary, most aren't. But ambition is actually worse because then it's just a lot of promises with no results. This game has not proven that it isn't more than a tech demo with some gameplay. At least nintendo releases their games.

Also, the fact that your god bought a mansion, jet, $200,000 coffee machine kind of proves that resources might not be fully used for the games development ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@needhealing said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@needhealing said:

What better games?

Wo, calm down boy. Games don't have to be revolutionary, most aren't. But ambition is actually worse because then it's just a lot of promises with no results. This game has not proven that it isn't more than a tech demo with some gameplay. At least nintendo releases their games.

Also, the fact that your god bought a mansion, jet, $200,000 coffee machine kind of proves that resources might not be fully used for the games development ;)

You mean actually trying has risks? Damn, lets tell the big boys at NASA and SpaceX call it a day because they might fail!

I'm sure CGI would of released a game if they just made "A more polished wing commander" but how long would that of kept interest? But hey if you are happy with Uncharted 10 then fine, I'm not.

My god... lol wtf are you talking about now? gotta love the spiel from 2015 that was debunked over and over.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

I'll be standing-by whenever it's finally ready and in the meantime, I got so much gaming to do then to worry about Star Citizen/Squadron 42 despite I'm a backer.

@cainetao11 said:
@jtothamtothap said:

Would it make you guys feel better if we make a SC thread just once a year? I do feel like there should only be a SC thread just for Citizencon event only to make it worth a SC thread.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Needhealing

@MBirdy88 said:
@needhealing said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@needhealing said:

What better games?

You mean actually trying has risks? Damn, lets tell the big boys at NASA and SpaceX call it a day because they might fail!

I'm sure CGI would of released a game if they just made "A more polished wing commander" but how long would that of kept interest? But hey if you are happy with Uncharted 10 then fine, I'm not.

My god... lol wtf are you talking about now? gotta love the spiel from 2015 that was debunked over and over.

What risk exactly is Star Citizen doing? All i see is a mess of a development cycle that seems like an overly ambitious idea that is making a guy a multi millinoare that's it. I have yet to see how this game is innovative. And don't tell me why, show me how.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

It's a very high-profile project that has been ongoing for a while, that aspect alone is guaranteed to pull in a lot of naysayers. Good luck to it, as a fan of Sci-fi I am curious at how it will all turn out one day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@needhealing said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@needhealing said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@needhealing said:

What better games?

What risk exactly is Star Citizen doing? All i see is a mess of a development cycle that seems like an overly ambitious idea that is making a guy a multi millinoare that's it. I have yet to see how this game is innovative. And don't tell me why, show me how.

You've managed to google stereotypes, I'm sure you can google real information and see why the project is so invested in, even if it is slow delivering.

But hey, that won't fit the agenda will it?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GarGx1

@MBirdy88 said:
@needhealing said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@needhealing said:

What better games?

needhealing forgot about the tropical island Chris bought to hide all his ill gotten gains, there is no game and all the videos they've made over the past 5 years are fake, it's all a sham C.I.G. doesn't have any real employees, the four studios are just phone numbers and email addresses, C.I.G. ran out of money 2 years ago.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Needhealing

@GarGx1 said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@needhealing said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@needhealing said:

What better games?

needhealing forgot about the tropical island Chris bought to hide all his ill gotten gains, there is no game and all the videos they've made over the past 5 years are fake, it's all a sham C.I.G. doesn't have any real employees, the four studios are just phone numbers and email addresses, C.I.G. ran out of money 2 years ago.

Star Citizen is basically an idea that keeps collecting money.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

A success? At this point they can't even succeed in giving a release date.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

Squadron 42 was C.I.G.s way of telling us they had no idea when S.C. will even remotely be close to ready (i.e. all gameplay systems established and functionally stitched together into a complete seemless package) but that at least some progress is being made to alleviate the concerns of backers by releasing something (even if an fps hybrid is not exactly what i signed up for). The fact that they are struggling with a single player cinematic story-driven game related to S.C. in name only does not bode well for the completion of S.C. proper in even 4 more years lol. Hoping for the best still but not much else.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@needhealing said:
@stuff238 said:

You have to give it to the guy. He has a level of persuasion that is insane. To be able to convince a legion of hermits to back what is esentially a game that gave him a millionare lifestyle without it even releasing is simply brilliant.

He was a millionaire long before this you realise?

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jereb31

@needhealing said:
@GarGx1 said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@needhealing said:
@MBirdy88 said:

What better games?

Like PS Now aye

*self high fives*

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mane_basic
Member since 2002 • 537 Posts

@quadknight said:

I agree.

I'm a long time backer of the game and I believe it will be successful. My time in the alpha has shown me that when it's complete Star Citizen will blow every other game out of the water in terms of sheer scope and technical wizardry. I can't wait for the backend network updates that will dramatically improve the stability and performance of the game. This game is gonna be huge.

this is my view on the game too i just got my fingers crossed we still get this in vr but if not i will still be enjoying it.. i barely get into the alpha latterly that is because i and playing so much vr. i do believe in this game so much so i just got a 256gb m.2 ssd drive solely for this game so yea i'm excited

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Needhealing

@jereb31 said:
@needhealing said:
@GarGx1 said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@needhealing said:

Like PS Now aye

*self high fives*

Lol at least it works and is released. Not even sure why you're comparing a game service to a tech demo.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

A game this epic is naturally going to take a very long time. I think 10 years is not out of the question if we want something well polished, very detailed and realistic as well as huuuuge. It's silly to think it'll never release as there is way too much time and effort along with decent actors already involved. Although I have no interest in MMO's but if S42 doesn't have VR then I may not be too interested in that either as I'm not really into long winded space drama's. So far the footage of S42 doesn't look as fun as Halo or ME.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

I highly doubt it, not because the game won't be fine, but the expectations get higher with the time passing by...to the point where most will be expecting what the game can't objectively deliver!!!

I hope i'll be wrong on this one, but that how i feel about it.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts
Loading Video...

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jereb31

@needhealing said:
@jereb31 said:
@needhealing said:
@GarGx1 said:

Like PS Now aye

*self high fives*

Lol at least it works and is released. Not even sure why you're comparing a game service to a tech demo.

Not sure why your whinging about a game that is in development to games that are released.

"Hurr durr God War 3 is terribad cause I caunt pluh it yut yuck yuck yuck."

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Needhealing

@jereb31 said:
@needhealing said:
@jereb31 said:
@needhealing said:
@GarGx1 said:

Like PS Now aye

*self high fives*

Not sure why your whinging about a game that is in development to games that are released.

"hurrr durr at least you can play the campaign of God of War 3, hurr durr but you can't play but a tech demo level of Flop citizen yuck yuck yuck pluh"

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

@vfighter said:

The graphics might be impressive from a technical side, but artistically it's bland and boring looking.

That's my biggest gripe with this game.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Like Crackdown?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@needhealing said:
@jereb31 said:
@needhealing said:
@jereb31 said:
@needhealing said:

Like PS Now aye

*self high fives*

"hurrr durr at least you can play the campaign of God of War 3, hurr durr but you can't play but a tech demo level of Flop citizen yuck yuck yuck pluh"

Ah yes, a corridor hack n lash where 90% of the effort is making the environments look pretty.

Totally comparable projects in timescales..

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Needhealing

@MBirdy88 said:
@needhealing said:
@jereb31 said:
@needhealing said:
@jereb31 said:

Like PS Now aye

*self high fives*

Ah yes, a corridor hack n lash where 90% of the effort is making the environments look pretty.

Totally comparable projects in timescales..

Are you seriously comparing a tech demo idea to a full release?

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

Honestly, all Star Citizen fanboys remind me Jehovah Witnesses that from time to time knock on your door to remind you the new messiah is coming. I REALLY hope Squadron 42 is released this year because if it's not...I won't care anymore.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GarGx1

@sovkhan said:

I highly doubt it, not because the game won't be fine, but the expectations get higher with the time passing by...to the point where most will be expecting what the game can't objectively deliver!!!

I hope i'll be wrong on this one, but that how i feel about it.

Squadron 42 - A single player cinematic, heavily story driven game that branches to different paths depending on your actions, decisions and mission out comes, i.e. a game of similar scope to the Wing Commander series.

Star Citizen - Online multiplayer Freelancer with co-op PvE and PvP, multiple career options that are only dictated by the ship you are currently using and all the usual MMO features such as fluctuating economies, player organisations (clans) and reputation systems.

That's it in a nutshell and anyone who has backed and doesn't know this hasn't done their research very well.

I do suspect that there are some people out there looking for CoD in space. Those people are in for a big surprise when their first PC is killed in a shootout and respawns a couple of thousand light years from the fight they were in, if they even respawn at all (there will be a perma-death mechanic of sorts in the game). However most backers I've spoken to know exactly what to expect.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@pc_rocks said:
@i_p_daily said:

Like Crackdown?

SC has been in production longer.

Crackdown has a tentative 2018 release date, where as SC doesn't have one.

MS didn't decide to do a "side" game to cover up the fact the original game should have been released by now, and to scam more money out of people.

Crackdown doesn't have 3 teams working on the game.

Crackdown doesn't have a budget of over 175 million.

Yeah its shit that Crackdown 3 hasn't released yet, but at least I didn't back it and have been waiting over 5yrs to get what I paid for LOL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@i_p_daily said:
@pc_rocks said:
@i_p_daily said:

Like Crackdown?

MS didn't decide to do a "side" game to cover up the fact the original game should have been released by now, and to scam more money out of people.

Yeah its shit that Crackdown 3 hasn't released yet, but at least I didn't back it and have been waiting over 5yrs to get what I paid for LOL.

You say "scam"

But in reality people are still buying into it because they just want it to succeed ... and people are willing to buy what they are selling.

So yea "Scam" right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@MBirdy88 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@pc_rocks said:
@i_p_daily said:

Like Crackdown?

You say "scam"

But in reality people are still buying into it because they just want it to succeed ... and people are willing to buy what they are selling.

So yea "Scam" right.

With the amount of money they have and the 3 teams working on it they should of had it out by now, but instead they decided to take on another game, and are still taking money. So for me its a scam until it releases in full.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I sincerely hope, for Kickstarter's sake, that you're right on this one OP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@i_p_daily said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@pc_rocks said:
@i_p_daily said:

Like Crackdown?

You say "scam"

So yea "Scam" right.

With the amount of money they have and the 3 teams working on it they should of had it out by now, but instead they decided to take on another game, and are still taking money. So for me its a scam until it releases in full.

What other game?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@MBirdy88 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@pc_rocks said:

Like Crackdown?

You say "scam"

So yea "Scam" right.

What other game?

So the Squadron 42 game was part of the original kickstarter?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@i_p_daily said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@i_p_daily said:

You say "scam"

So yea "Scam" right.

What other game?

Yes, even though the Wiki words it as otherwise.

Infact, Squadron 42 was the main part, and Star Citizen (MMO) was a stretch goal....

But at the start it was all labelled under "Star Citizen" ... in reality I suppose on the main menu clicking "SQ42" just meant "Singleplayer Campaign" then "Star Citizen" for the MMO.

Kinda stupid on their part to separate them imo later on, obviously due to the scope increase being so high.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@MBirdy88 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@MBirdy88 said:

You say "scam"

So yea "Scam" right.

What other game?

Yes, even though the Wiki words it as otherwise.

Infact, Squadron 42 was the main part, and Star Citizen (MMO) was a stretch goal....

But at the start it was all labelled under "Star Citizen" ... in reality I suppose on the main menu clicking "SQ42" just meant "Singleplayer Campaign" then "Star Citizen" for the MMO.

Kinda stupid on their part to separate them imo later on, obviously due to the scope increase being so high.

So does you have to pay for each "game"