Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Arkham Knight

@jereb31 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I don't expect it to drop right now. What I do want, and am becoming impatient for, is a trailer. ONE simple trailer, showing 42 as a product. Not a segment of it. I don't want to see dogfights in no context to the overall structure anymore (I've watched Wasdie's YT channel and dogfights), I've got the general gist. I don't want to see guys flying through space with their jetpacks, etc etc. I want to see a trailer encompassing what will look like the final product. Showing only mechanics separated isn't doing this, and while I understand the PU doesn't need this type of structure in advertisement, 42 is a narrative driven experience, just like Wing Commander was.

Narrative's value in gaming is found in the cohesion of the collective of a variety of mechanics (and cinematics) to bring that narrative to realization, and that has yet to be shown.

Is it a scam? I don't buy it. Smart's obviously a narcissistic, egocentric, incompetent, jealous douchebag hating on something because he himself is unable (just read his blog), and anyone that believes him is an idiot. But hell if there's not valid reason to be getting frustrated at this point due to a lack of transparency for 42, even if this delay is true. A trailer should be here, and soon. Will it be shown at Con? I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wouldn't the best time for a trailer be less than six months prior to release. Garnish hype around the game then release it. If he is concerned the game may not be out this year, then why would you release a trailer only to have hype die down again.

But fortunately with over 1.5 Million backers, the SC team does not need to cater to the whiney minority demanding this and that just to keep them happy.

Well, I suppose I'm viewing this from a perspective of SC not being someone's entire world that follows and salivates over every bit of information given. I'm interested in SC, but not to the point of obsession.

But hey, CIG doesn't need to sell it at all I suppose, they already have their money and any other profit is icing. But by your reasoning, why even six months? Why not just drop it when it's done? There's nothing that's precluding CIG from producing trailers that tend towards what the game will entail and will expound upon with subsequent trailers. It's how you build hype. Example? Arkham Knight. Say what you will about the game, its advertising was brilliantly executed up until release.

The "whiney minority"? You risk turning that minority into the displeased majority the longer this goes on without a trailer. People expect to see results of their investment after a protracted developmental period, ESPECIALLY considering it's their money on the line. They are, by the very nature of crowdfunding, entitled to seeing this progress they've paid money for (some many thousands of dollars) and in a trailer that exemplifies the (partial) promise of the faith they've placed in this game.

We've seen tons of content on the PU. Why is 42 excluded from this expectation?

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Arkham Knight

@jereb31 said:

Wouldn't the best time for a trailer be less than six months prior to release. Garnish hype around the game then release it. If he is concerned the game may not be out this year, then why would you release a trailer only to have hype die down again.

But fortunately with over 1.5 Million backers, the SC team does not need to cater to the whiney minority demanding this and that just to keep them happy.

Well, I suppose I'm viewing this from a perspective of SC not being someone's entire world that follows and salivates over every bit of information given. I'm interested in SC, but not to the point of obsession.

But hey, CIG doesn't need to sell it at all I suppose, they already have their money and any other profit is icing. But by your reasoning, why even six months? Why not just drop it when it's done? There's nothing that's precluding CIG from producing trailers that tend towards what the game will entail and will expound upon with subsequent trailers. It's how you build hype. Example? Arkham Knight. Say what you will about the game, its advertising was brilliantly executed up until release.

The "whiney minority"? You risk turning that minority into the displeased majority the longer this goes on without a trailer. People expect to see results of their investment after a protracted developmental period, ESPECIALLY considering it's their money on the line. They are, by the very nature of crowdfunding, entitled to seeing this progress they've paid money for (some many thousands of dollars) and in a trailer that exemplifies the (partial) promise of the faith they've placed in this game.

"By your reasoning, why even six months?", don't be crass and don't just add hyperbole into my comment please. 6 months prior to release seems reasonably commonplace for games.

I don't think Arkham Knight had the same level of expectation or support from followers of the game at it's peak than SC probably does right now.

They don't need to do as much advertising, because they have 1.5 Million backers already doing it for them. The game has massive amounts of press coverage, good and bad, because they have been open on it's development from day dot. If they feel the need to keep the SQ42 story etc. secret until just prior to release so be, who are we to tell them otherwise. We still have a near open book on the entire development process and the alpha to physically play the features as they are added. What part of UC4 did anyone get to play prior to release, or Arkham Knight. Did either of these games within the first year of development start releasing feature sets, art or gameplay?

I don't think the "whiney minority" have much a of a chance of becoming anything more than the "salty ignored".
" I demand to see SQ42 in game footage". - Whiney Minority
"No, it's not complete yet, but here's literally all of the features that will be in the game that we have completed so far" - SC
"NOT GOOD ENOUGH, I INVESTED IN THIS GAME, I EXPECT RESULTS!!!" - Whiney Minority

It doesn't work like that, it's not a traditional investment that gives you any stock, voting rights or return other than the promise/hope you get a copy of the game in the end. You have no real say in it's development, it's not your game it's the SC team's. you are not entitled to anything, you paid for the hope that a good game will come out, that's it.

It also seems by the level of investment still coming in, that a lot of people are quite happy with the level of development and information being released. That's why I titled the others as the "whiney minority", cause they are. Whinging about not seeing any footage of SQ42 specifically is just being a pest.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 MirkoS77

@jereb31 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Arkham Knight

"By your reasoning, why even six months?", don't be crass and don't just add hyperbole into my comment please. 6 months prior to release seems reasonably commonplace for games.

I don't think Arkham Knight had the same level of expectation or support from followers of the game at it's peak than SC probably does right now.

They don't need to do as much advertising, because they have 1.5 Million backers already doing it for them. The game has massive amounts of press coverage, good and bad, because they have been open on it's development from day dot. If they feel the need to keep the SQ42 story etc. secret until just prior to release so be, who are we to tell them otherwise. We still have a near open book on the entire development process and the alpha to physically play the features as they are added. What part of UC4 did anyone get to play prior to release, or Arkham Knight. Did either of these games within the first year of development start releasing feature sets, art or gameplay?

I don't think the "whiney minority" have much a of a chance of becoming anything more than the "salty ignored".

"No, it's not complete yet, but here's literally all of the features that will be in the game that we have completed so far" - SC

"NOT GOOD ENOUGH, I INVESTED IN THIS GAME, I EXPECT RESULTS!!!" - Whiney Minority

It doesn't work like that, it's not a traditional investment that gives you any stock, voting rights or return other than the promise/hope you get a copy of the game in the end. You have no real say in it's development, it's not your game it's the SC team's. you are not entitled to anything, you paid for the hope that a good game will come out, that's it.

It also seems by the level of investment still coming in, that a lot of people are quite happy with the level of development and information being released. That's why I titled the others as the "whiney minority", cause they are. Whinging about not seeing any footage of SQ42 specifically is just being a pest.

......and yet you completely ignored my final sentence and question. Why is the PU elaborated upon but 42 not? "Because they wish to keep it secret" is a load of malarkey that stands antithetical to every narrative game prior that had trailers put out before its release. So what differentiates the PU from 42 in this respect? Would you consider the information given on the PU to not be advertisement? If that's the case, then what harm is showing 42 doing in comparison? You are failing to grasp the difference between the PU and 42, which couldn't stand in greater contrast to each other in structure, pacing, length, and narrative gravitas. The PU is not restricted in what you do or where you go. You are placed in an environment of your choosing, and agency is paramount. In 42, you are not. You are directed through a story and hold very little say.

Really? This is literally "all of the features"?? This is absurd to raise, because of the drastic differences in this framework I've just noted. Again, narrative. It's all about context. When you read a book, a characterization (for example) is nigh useless absent context, as is anything else. Don't sit there and tell me I can garner anything useful towards understanding 42 as a whole by watching portions of work in progress already in the PU, and then label me and other as whiners if we don't accept it because it's insufficient intrinsic to what 42 proclaims to be. What exactly is there to accept as to give me an overall sentiment as to what this is going to entail in the WHOLE?

Neobone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Neobone2
Member since 2015 • 105 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@jereb31 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Arkham Knight

......and yet you completely ignored my final sentence and question. Why is the PU elaborated upon but 42 not? "Because they wish to keep it secret" is a load of malarkey that stands antithetical to every narrative game prior that had trailers put out before its release. So what differentiates the PU from 42 in this respect? Would you consider the information given on the PU to not be advertisement? If that's the case, then what harm is showing 42 doing in comparison? You are failing to grasp the difference between the PU and 42, which couldn't stand in greater contrast to each other in structure, pacing, length, and narrative gravitas. The PU is not restricted in what you do or where you go. You are placed in an environment of your choosing, and agency is paramount. In 42, you are not. You are directed through a story and hold very little say.

Really? This is literally "all of the features"?? This is absurd to raise, because of the drastic differences in this framework I've just noted. Again, narrative. It's all about context. When you read a book, a characterization (for example) is nigh useless absent context, as is anything else. Don't sit there and tell me I can garner anything useful towards understanding 42 as a whole by watching portions of work in progress already in the PU, and then label me and other as whiners if we don't accept it because it's insufficient intrinsic to what 42 proclaims to be. What exactly is there to accept as to give me an overall sentiment as to what this is going to entail in the WHOLE?

They have already shown SQ42 gameplay with placeholder characters (placeholder for quality), where is the problem in this case?

Loading Video...

And they have already shown a high polished Tier2 character (Tier0 is the highest quality) in this trailer.

Loading Video...

Its not enough for you?

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Jereb31

@MirkoS77 said:
@jereb31 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Arkham Knight

Alright fine, let's address that last question and sentence for you then.
"We've seen tons of content on the PU. Why is 42 excluded from this expectation?"
It's not, it is not excluded from this expectation. But that's all it is, people are expecting to see a trailer on SQ42 and when they don't get what they want (yourself included here) they are starting to panic and make claims like it's never coming out. Ridiculous. We can debate between ourselves the reasons we think why SQ42 trailers haven't appeared but in the end, the reasons are there own and we may never be privy to them.
No I don't think the information about the PU is not advertising, but I also don't see the need for a SQ42 trailer at this point in time. Probably isn't any harm in releasing a SQ42 trailer, but you know what. I'd rather they work on the game instead of hyping it up when it's already hyped up.
I'm glad you can notice the difference between a sandbox alpha and the a narrative driven game, but again, it seems like it's only the "whiney minority" that all up in arms about no SQ42 footage, using that one fact as a platform to also state the game will never come out as well. Absurd.

Yes, it is literally all of the features "we have completed so far".
I'm going to be honest, that whole end paragraph of yours is reading like you are just so upset that I don't have enough detail to make a decision whether to buy a game that isn't out yet, may not be out yet for another year. How about you wait for them to release more info, or read some of the developer, blogs, lore etc. they have been releasing so you can build that context instead of having it spoon fed to you in 3-min short. You mention books as an example of narrative, the blurb would be the trailer in this case, well the blurb is a 100 word long description, often only outlining the barest of story without giving any depth away. You have that already on the RSI website and the Gary Oldman Trailer for SQ42. Oh hey look, there IS footage of SQ42, you just didn't want to look for it.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@samanthak said:

delays are good they can take as long as they need in my opinion.

Bingo, there is no rush on this game. Don't let impatient little crybabies force your hand CIG, just take your time and do it right (which I already know you're doing simply by watching).

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

All I am going to say is, look at Mighty#9....that crap got so many people hyped and people dropped so much on the game. Prior to release there were delays, false promises, and over hype. Then release day and the game is a peace of junk. Inafune shredded his reputation with this flop, and everyone who spent money on the kickstarter of mighty9 felt like fools.

I am not afraid to say it, but sometimes the big publishers know better then the gamers. Sometimes there is a reason a "SUPER AMAZING PROJECT" doesn't get funded. Devs can tell you whatever they want you to believe to support their kickstarter, and just like all companies that want you too invest they will only tell you what they think will hook you.

I am not saying all kickstarters are bad(shovelknight), but I will say dont be surprised if you buy the milk and cookies only to realize there is no santa. I don't care about star citizen either way, but kickstarters are a slippery slope that can completely wreck consumer trust in the industry.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Jereb31

@Mercenary848: Well said, shame about MightyNo.9, i quite liked megaman. It did sound pretty good too. Just a shame.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

By the time it comes out, ps6 will be released, so to those who thinking a console is unable to handle the game, think again.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 MirkoS77

@neobone2: the second video is nothing but a tech demo. The first is better, but I'm searching for more of a synopsis of what 42 will be rather than an entire portion of it.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@acp_45 said:
@stuff238 said:

LOL at hermits still hyping this trash game.

1. It either never comes out.

Or

2. It comes out a broken mess.

You will never get the game you were hoping for. No Mans Sky>>>>Star Citizen. Fact.

... check the gamescom demos.

Right. The gamescom demos already literally have a ton more actual content than No Man's Sky. The 3.0 alpha runs circles around NMS.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Jereb31

@MirkoS77 said:

@neobone2: the second video is nothing but a tech demo. The first is better, but I'm searching for more of a synopsis of what 42 will be rather than an entire portion of it.

Try this page, it has a synopsis near the bottom.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts

@RedentSC: What the hell? 5 YEARS? wow you have no idea what you are talking about, the game started development at the END of 2012, if anything it really started work at the beginning of 2013 so really its only been in development for like 3 and a half MABY 4 years tops.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@silversix_ said:

By the time it comes out, ps6 will be released, so to those who thinking a console is unable to handle the game, think again.

Well Chris has already said most of the single player is done so....

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@blueeyedcasva said:
@silversix_ said:

reassuring their costumers is an important thing to do. this games is year upon years away from being fully completed.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@silversix_ said:

reassuring their costumers is an important thing to do. this games is years upon years away from being fully completed.

And you know how far a long with their development with the SP and MP?

Your acting as if it will take them a decade but of course let hold your word to that how long it will take but you know once they show some SQ42 at citizencon than it wouldn't really matter to me. We seen only small glimpse of the SP and every inform backers knows most of the resources have been poured into the campaign maybe 30% of the team is working on the persistance universe in fact there just adding things from SP onto the MP we have seen.

Neobone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Neobone2

@MirkoS77 said:

It was in relation to the quality of the character which you can see in the video and not in relation to the procedurally generated planet system.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By MirkoS77

"We've seen tons of content on the PU. Why is 42 excluded from this expectation?"

It's not, it is not excluded from this expectation. But that's all it is, people are expecting to see a trailer on SQ42 and when they don't get what they want (yourself included here) they are starting to panic and make claims like it's never coming out. Ridiculous. We can debate between ourselves the reasons we think why SQ42 trailers haven't appeared but in the end, the reasons are there own and we may never be privy to them.

Don't strawman my position and claim I'm saying "the game's never coming out". Cite where I said that, or do me the consideration of not misrepresenting my position and then attacking me on the basis of a claim I never made.

I'm glad you can notice the difference between a sandbox alpha and the a narrative driven game, but again, it seems like it's only the "whiney minority" that all up in arms about no SQ42 footage, using that one fact as a platform to also state the game will never come out as well. Absurd.

Yes, it is absurd. I'm glad you realize I'm not making that argument or using the lack of 42 in that way. *sigh* Again, a response predicated upon a strawman and a broad generalization. I've not stated the game won't be completed (in fact I explicitly stated I DON'T think it's a scam), so don't lump me into this audience and then predicate your tirade on something stemming from something I never said.

I'm going to be honest, that whole end paragraph of yours is reading like you are just so upset that I don't have enough detail to make a decision whether to buy a game that isn't out yet, may not be out yet for another year. How about you wait for them to release more info, or read some of the developer, blogs, lore etc. they have been releasing so you can build that context instead of having it spoon fed to you in 3-min short. You mention books as an example of narrative, the blurb would be the trailer in this case, well the blurb is a 100 word long description, often only outlining the barest of story without giving any depth away. You have that already on the RSI website and the Gary Oldman Trailer for SQ42. Oh hey look, there IS footage of SQ42, you just didn't want to look for it.

It ain't my job to research and dedicate part of my life towards a game's progression to get an idea of what constitutes an element of it. This is what advertising exists for. Yes, you are essentially taking a grander context, compressing it, and providing it into spoon fed segments to people. Welcome to the wonderful world of advertising! It is, by its very nature, spoon fed. That's the entire art of it. Ads on TV, magazines, the radio, trailers in theatres, you name it. So no, I'm not going to apologize for desiring such to give me a taste of what is to come. Don't you understand the difference between looking up a website to read that 100 word explanation, and advertising? Can you not see how just important one is than the other?

Loading Video...

This is what I have in mind when I talk about a trailer. Not the specifics obviously, but in terms of framework, pacing, a short elaboration on the story, and gameplay. Something to give direction. Everything that constitutes the game is melded together. Is there a 42 trailer existing like this? Show it to me.

The only thing I think that perhaps I'm not considering is the differences between the traditional AAA model of development and marketing, and the transparency of the crowdfunding model and resource allocation that may be a victim of priorities. Yet I don't think I can be blamed for that, as this is all new territory, especially with such a budget as large as SC's.

Neobone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Neobone2
@MirkoS77 said:

Loading Video...

This is what I have in mind when I talk about a trailer. Not the specifics obviously, but in terms of framework, pacing, a short elaboration on the story, and gameplay. Something to give direction. Everything that constitutes the game is melded together. Is there a 42 trailer existing like this? Show it to me.

The only thing I think that perhaps I'm not considering is the differences between the traditional AAA model of development and marketing, and the transparency of the crowdfunding model and resource allocation that may be a victim of priorities. Yet I don't think I can be blamed for that, as this is all new territory, especially with such a budget as large as SC's.

Than watch first this trailer

Loading Video...

after that this trailer

Loading Video...

And at the end this fan made trailer.

Loading Video...

Thats all what you need for a gameplay, story, cinematics overview of SQ42.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

The Lemits in this thread are hilarious. This game was a scam and Lemits with their half game buying asses snap this up like cake. Serves them right. No Man Buy >Star Robery.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Jereb31

@MirkoS77:

Yeah i dont think we are going to agree and i cant be bothered.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

At this point....I'd rather it be delayed and work rather than them releasing a broken game.

It's not like I'm missing anything....it's been in development forever. Whats another year?

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#123 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I buy a new PC every 4 years and next one this weekend. Last one I got was 4 years last month. By the time I upgrade my next PC SQ might be out and patched.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Don't strawman my position and claim I'm saying "the game's never coming out". Cite where I said that, or do me the consideration of not misrepresenting my position and then attacking me on the basis of a claim I never made.

Yes, it is absurd. I'm glad you realize I'm not making that argument or using the lack of 42 in that way. *sigh* Again, a response predicated upon a strawman and a broad generalization. I've not stated the game won't be completed (in fact I explicitly stated I DON'T think it's a scam), so don't lump me into this audience and then predicate your tirade on something stemming from something I never said.

It ain't my job to research and dedicate part of my life towards a game's progression to get an idea of what constitutes an element of it. This is what advertising exists for. Yes, you are essentially taking a grander context, compressing it, and providing it into spoon fed segments to people. Welcome to the wonderful world of advertising! It is, by its very nature, spoon fed. That's the entire art of it. Ads on TV, magazines, the radio, trailers in theatres, you name it. So no, I'm not going to apologize for desiring such to give me a taste of what is to come. Don't you understand the difference between looking up a website to read that 100 word explanation, and advertising? Can you not see how just important one is than the other?

Loading Video...

This whole argument is pointless with Citizencon so close, though I don't disagree... hiding the campaign has been foolish imo .... I'm far more inclined to believe that that morrow tour from last year was LITERALLY ALL THEY HAD ... rushed together for citizencon... and Chris' idea of "we have everything locked down, now polishing" is a load of crap... they probably got it all planed out and basic assets... but I bet its not put together as a game yet... that will never be admitted though.

33 days time we will know.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#126 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

@ghosts4ever: blah blah blah, do you read what you type, it's drivel

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@RedentSC said:

300 Staff, over 100 million budget. and its taken nearly 5 years at this point.

Those stats are roughly equal to GTA V development stats (although they had a lot less than 100m) so i'm expecting equal quality and longevity, if not then it was and always has been a scam

pretty dumb statement to make.

First 1-2 years of Star Citizen was building up that team.... and starting from scratch.

GTA FIVE!!! should be a dead giveaway, from a team that has been making the same game for well over a decade..... they are not in anyway the same.

I wonder how Rockstar would of handled this situation if it was the same? someone gave them 100m 300 staff and told them to make Grand Theft Auto 5 "Quality" ... without having a pre-assembled mega size team, and 5 other of the same games to build on...

GTA V is a totally new engine created with less staff on a slightly larger budget. there are absolutely no similarities between 4 and 5, its obvious this is the case. Its like comparing BF2 to Battlefront ... just because they are the same genre and same team does not mean they are using the same tech. Also it doesn't take 2 years to build up a team....

Also Rockstar didn't ask you to put down you money a hole HALF A DECADE before release with absolutely no guarantee of release and thus far has produced nothing of any significance.

PC gamers are gonna keep dreaming, the rest of us moved on years ago. By the time it does come out its going to look horrifically dated and you'll be lucky to find anyone willing to cough up to funding this massive, MASSIVE money making scam.

Also why anyone would trust roberts (given his history) i don't know. I just feel herms are too stubborn to admit their mistakes, the last game (recent) that was in development for any longer than 5 years was ACM and we all know what happened there..

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I'll need to build another new PC by the time it comes out :P

I dont mind in reality, so much to play that it can take the time needed to produce a good game. I dont see this going the DNF route.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#129 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Of course, it will never be finished, they used the money to fund their studio, buy homes and fancy cars.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#130 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@indzman said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Of course, it will never be finished, they used the money to fund their studio, buy homes and fancy cars.

Don't forget his evil island retreat in the South Pacific. Bond is looking for it as we speak.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

At this point....I'd rather it be delayed and work rather than them releasing a broken game.

It's not like I'm missing anything....it's been in development forever. Whats another year?

The development time is normal other than the fact it has one of the most advance feature in any video game definitely not missing anything

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@RedentSC said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@RedentSC said:

Those stats are roughly equal to GTA V development stats (although they had a lot less than 100m) so i'm expecting equal quality and longevity, if not then it was and always has been a scam

First 1-2 years of Star Citizen was building up that team.... and starting from scratch.

GTA FIVE!!! should be a dead giveaway, from a team that has been making the same game for well over a decade..... they are not in anyway the same.

I wonder how Rockstar would of handled this situation if it was the same? someone gave them 100m 300 staff and told them to make Grand Theft Auto 5 "Quality" ... without having a pre-assembled mega size team, and 5 other of the same games to build on...

GTA V is a totally new engine created with less staff on a slightly larger budget. there are absolutely no similarities between 4 and 5, its obvious this is the case. Its like comparing BF2 to Battlefront ... just because they are the same genre and same team does not mean they are using the same tech. Also it doesn't take 2 years to build up a team....

Also Rockstar didn't ask you to put down you money a hole HALF A DECADE before release with absolutely no guarantee of release and thus far has produced nothing of any significance.

PC gamers are gonna keep dreaming, the rest of us moved on years ago. By the time it does come out its going to look horrifically dated and you'll be lucky to find anyone willing to cough up to funding this massive, MASSIVE money making scam.

Also why anyone would trust roberts (given his history) i don't know. I just feel herms are too stubborn to admit their mistakes, the last game (recent) that was in development for any longer than 5 years was ACM and we all know what happened there..

...... damn that is some disconnect, a new engine made by the same friggin team, which already know how to implement the majority of the game in an already structured (and therefore easier programming job) than a company that has to take another engine and mutilate it to work for 2-3 years straight before getting to a comfortable point... its not the same, stop trying to twist it.

Welcome to crowd funding? people who back crowdfunding are bored of hearing anti-crowdfunding people try n stand on a pedestal... nobody cares.

By the time it comes out will consoles be able to have their games in 1080p 30fps without making tons of visual sacrifices? still waiting... 2 gens later. I dont see how you came to that conclusion anyway.... the game is on Cryengine and is scalable so.. whats next?

You mean the guy that despite his "history" has some of the best games in his genre?

try smarter, not harder.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#133 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@jereb31 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@storm_of_swords said:

I was so excited for this game when I first heard about it years ago, but it has taken so long and still isn't close to being released that all of my hype for it is gone.

I was looking forward to this. I was hype for this at one point. but now i dont care anymore. I said there screw Chris roberts. that clown always talk about this and that but never bother to show a proper footage of a game that he is making since 2012. come on.

Except you know the, Alpha, which is the same gameplay as SQ42, Arena Commander, which is the same gameplay as SQ42. The 3.0 demo with the planetside and missions etc. which is the same gameplay as SQ42.

What you seem to want is some morsel from the SQ42 campaign itself, but for whatever reason is beyond me. Being in development from 2012 isn't that long man.

if Everything play same as SQ42 then why are they so hesitate to show us SQ42 gameplay? How can a game that they claim to be coming out this fall (we are in fall) and show not a single footage? oh wait they have nothing to show.

@MBirdy88 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@MBirdy88 said:

Doom 4 was a pretty average game that took like 10 years.. pathetic.

1. Its one of the best FPS ever and best FPS of decade

2. It doesnot took 10 years. at one point Doom 4 was like COD/killzone cross between which got cancelled and development restarted in 2012 and officially announced at 2014.

Star citizen is biggest crowd funding project of all time yet did they show single player campaign anything before? absolutely no.

1. Boring corridor campaign. no real thrills, Doom 3 was better. and the Multiplayer is utter garbage.... a mediocre game at best.

2. Cancelled, restarted, it all still counts. It got rebooted because whatever they attempted before sucked, instead they took the simpler easier option, which resulted in a pretty run of the mill shooter experience... that A.I though... hahahahah.

At citizen con you will see the campaign, and the delay announcement (that every informed backer knew was coming pretty much at the beginning of the year... 2016 was a stretch at best.) Why would they show off the campaign before the core gameplay mechanics are refined? what would be the purpose? oh right.. your grasping.

Keep grasping.

You can always go back to doom ... maybe you missed a generic key card or collectable in a corridor.... crack on.

1. LOL at anyone play Doom for MP. its like saying battlefield suck because SP suck. I have not even touch a MP yet. and SP is not corridor. Doom 3 was corridor. Doom 4 has open ended level design.

2. yes it was cancelled so it doesnot count. they were making COD and now they bring it back to 90s roots. with no regen health and slow cover gameplay. just faced paced non stop fun

I have been listening this every year that they are going to show SQ42 campaign but in they end they just show there stupid reharsal where a clown chris roberts giving different direction how they are working hard on this game. that BS. we are not interested in how hard you are working, how many actors you hired. we want to see a Gameplay!!!. but of course they wont.

So if Squadron 42 is secretly rebooted it won't count as well? Or will you be complaining about their lack of direction?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 GarGx1

@ghosts4ever

You want gameplay of Star Citizen? Click here

There are thousands of hours of it on Youtube, most of which is from people playing the game. Oh you'll come out with "that's not Squadron 42" but in actual fact it is because guess what you'll do more than anything else in Squadron 42? That's right you'll be fighting A.I. controlled enemy ships.

What you likely want are big flashy hype videos, chocked full of story spoilers and cut scenes just like the all the big publishers show to pull in hype. What I want is completely different, as someone who has been a part of the SC community from before the announcement and a day one backer, I want them to do exactly what they said at the start and not show a single second of the Star Citizen story until the game is out. I can play the game and watch thousands of hours of gameplay, more than any other pre-release game ever in fact.

Have you even backed this game, if not why do you care? I've asked loads of haters and doubters that question and I've never had an actual answer from any of them.

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

@RedentSC said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@RedentSC said:

Speaking of Rockstar and long dev times, where the heck is Agent? What is that over 9 years now?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#136 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

more than any other pre-release game ever in fact.

Have you even backed this game, if not why do you care? I've asked loads of haters and doubters that question and I've never had an actual answer from any of them.

why would i pay for a game before release that i dont even know if it turn out good or faliure? come on

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 robokill

Entitled whiners...

I expect a trailer, I want a trailer... it's not fair...

Would you whiners shut up, it's pathetic.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts

If there's a game that should to be delayed until it's perfect is this one!

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Jereb31

@MirkoS77 said:

New day and feeling fresh, so let's continue shall we.

I'm not strawmanning your position, that's not even what a strawman is you dolt. A strawman is refuting an argument that was not created or advanced by an opponent. I merely lumped you in with the group that are whining about lack of SQ42 footage and using that as a platform to say the game isn't coming out. You are within that group, if only representing the whining side, not the never coming out side.

Again, i'm lumping you in with the whining majority, you think the lack of the trailer is not giving you enough info on what the game is going to be. There is plenty of info there, it's just not what you want. Ask all of the people who have been following the game and they will tell you the same thing. SQ42, you take on the role of a combat pilot in an elite unit in a fight against the Vanduul. What do you want, specific footage of ships blowing up and some tense moments with whispered words and shocked expressions. Get over yourself the game isn't even finished. When they decide to release a trailer then you can pick it apart. Until then, do what the rest of us do. Wait.

Also the whole ads on TV, magazines etc. etc. is more a console thing, you know that.

Do your own research, read the info we gave you, watch the trailer you've been given, watch the 2 "tech demo" videos's you've been given. Then realise that yes, there is footage of SQ42, there is a trailer. It's just not what YOU expected it to be.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 MirkoS77

@jereb31 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I'm not strawmanning your position, that's not even what a strawman is you dolt. A strawman is refuting an argument that was not created or advanced by an opponent. I merely lumped you in with the group that are whining about lack of SQ42 footage and using that as a platform to say the game isn't coming out. You are within that group, if only representing the whining side, not the never coming out side.

Again, i'm lumping you in with the whining majority, you think the lack of the trailer is not giving you enough info on what the game is going to be. There is plenty of info there, it's just not what you want. Ask all of the people who have been following the game and they will tell you the same thing. SQ42, you take on the role of a combat pilot in an elite unit in a fight against the Vanduul. What do you want, specific footage of ships blowing up and some tense moments with whispered words and shocked expressions. Get over yourself the game isn't even finished. When they decide to release a trailer then you can pick it apart. Until then, do what the rest of us do. Wait.

Also the whole ads on TV, magazines etc. etc. is more a console thing, you know that.

Do your own research, read the info we gave you, watch the trailer you've been given, watch the 2 "tech demo" videos's you've been given. Then realise that yes, there is footage of SQ42, there is a trailer. It's just not what YOU expected it to be.

What you did (and are pathetically trying to excuse) IS a strawman. You are misrepresenting my position through generalization and attacking and attempting to refute me on it. That, you dolt, is a strawman, because being in the "whining majority", while it can be connected to those wishing for SC's failure, also can stand exclusive to it. You "lump me in", I am then complicit within that generalization and the entire position that it holds. So please, get over yourself and don't try to dissect what you said to attempt to weasel your way out of responsibility and then claim ME using a fallacy YOU are unable to make a distinction on.

Christ man.

What I'm asking for is nothing new that others haven't been desiring for a long time now. THERE IS NOT A TRAILER. The whining majority? Yea you'd think you'd wonder why it's the majority. Stop shoveling me this shit pretending its pudding. Other people are impatient, I'm growing impatient. Fucking sue me, and throw your little guilt shaming tactics where they belong: the trash. You quote nothing substantial and instead toss out tech demos expecting me to be content with something that speaks NOTHING on overall context and structure that a trailer can convey. These are not advertisements in the traditional sense, they are transparency into the development of a game and its portions in the macro. Learn the difference.

But I give up. Let's part, as I've articulated my point to no productive end to those too blind to see it and've heard your side.

Neobone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Neobone2

@MirkoS77 said:
@jereb31 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

What you did (and are pathetically trying to excuse) IS a strawman. You are misrepresenting my position through generalization and attacking and attempting to refute me on it. That, you dolt, is a strawman, because being in the "whining majority", while it can be connected to those wishing for SC's failure, also can stand exclusive to it. You "lump me in", I am then complicit within that generalization and the entire position that it holds. So please, get over yourself and don't try to dissect what you said to attempt to weasel your way out of responsibility and then claim ME using a fallacy YOU are unable to make a distinction on.

Christ man.

What I'm asking for is nothing new that others haven't been desiring for a long time now. THERE IS NOT A TRAILER. The whining majority? Yea you'd think you'd wonder why it's the majority. Stop shoveling me this shit pretending its pudding. Other people are impatient, I'm growing impatient. Fucking sue me, and throw your little guilt shaming tactics where they belong: the trash. You quote nothing substantial and instead toss out tech demos expecting me to be content with something that speaks NOTHING on overall context and structure that a trailer can convey. These are not advertisements in the traditional sense, they are transparency into the development of a game and its portions in the macro. Learn the difference.

But I give up. Let's part, as I've articulated my point to no productive end to those too blind to see it and've heard your side.

What do you think what you'll see in a SQ42 trailer?

They have already shown the characters, the have already shown the acting, they have already shown the gameplay features, what do you think is new in a SQ42 trailer which you want?

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

Lol at some of the SC white knights in this tread. S42 is still listed right this second as 2016 on the RSI website but somehow they all know it was not coming in 2016. Since every backer knows it could someone tell CIG so they can update their website?

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Jereb31

@MirkoS77 said:
@jereb31 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Christ man.

"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent."

How is me placing you in a group I made to classify people whinging about the game a strawman. You keep saying you want more info or footage of SQ42. I think that is whinging. I'm not arguing my way out of anything. It's not a strawman. It's not even an argument, it's me placing you in a classification I made because I think that's how you and a group of people are behaving. That's more anthropology than a strawman.

Hey have a look at this trailer again https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42
and then the definition of trailer "give advance publicity to (a film, broadcast, or proposal) by releasing extracts or selected details." are you saying that the "answer the call" vid and the blurb below doesn't fit this definition?

Sensitive are you.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#144 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

its good its delayed. I haven't paid money to them so i have nothing to lose if they never finish this game... but this extra time is good. I've seen some gameplay and it needs some work. I saw some ship combat and the explosions didn't look right, they looked like they were not impacting or at least making it look like they were hitting something, it had an unfinished look to it. I barely follow this game though so i haven't a clue what i was watching was brand new and in testing or not.

I think they are trying to do too much with this game, they should just be focusing on the single player and making that good. What worries me is it seems the single player was added a while after the multiplayer and the game as a whole is a mix match of ideas which i haven't a clue if they will work when the game is finished.

Look how hard No mans sky flopped from its overhype and expectations. This game has several times more hype, and there is no chance it will live up to it all... but if it somehow does my head will literally explode.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#145 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

As expected, the source is bullshit.

http://www.pcgamer.com/roberts-space-industries-denies-squadron-42-delay-report/

"

The studio says a release date was never discussed at PAX West.

"

Again,,, don't care if it's pushed back to sometime next year. Content will be done by the end of this year and then it'll be about polishing, polishing and more polishing. Don't want broken game.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#146 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

I don't think it's a scam, it's just that the development schedule is as bloated as the budget. If you signed up for this, then it's like putting money into a superannuation fund.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#147 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

If anyone is interested, here is the video interview where the crappy website OP linked to got their info from (I assume anyway).

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/chris-roberts-im-interview-wie-stehts-um-star-citizen-und-squadron-42,90207.html

The part about Squadron 42 is asked at 21:20.

Basically the game will be content complete this year and it will be a matter of polishing it. I don't think anyone anyone will be surprised if the game will be delayed to 2017 but it's not confirmed yet. CIG is basically taking the Naughty Dog approach. Delay the game if necessary to get the feel and everything right. Like what ND did with Uncharted 4. Short term there will inevitably be people complaining about the delays but once the game is out, and it's good, literally no one will care about the past delays anymore. I'm ok with this approach.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By robokill

@so_hai: How is it bloated? They are making by far the most technologically advanced game ever in what is a relatively normal development cycle.

The reality is cowardly morons just want to sling mud at the game for some stupid reason. Be it hate for PC or the name Roberts I don't know. Either way the cynicism is moronic, it's the most advanced game ever. It's generations ahead.

AAA quality story

Innovative groundbreaking multiplayer

Best physics, destruction and graphics ever

Yet all we hear from stupid whiners is it's taking too long. No shit, it's the most complicated ever to develop by a long shot. How about just shutting up and waiting, if you don't like it don't play it.

Duke Nukem Forever got less hate, I paid more for that game, it had a longer development cycle and was one of the worst games ever. Star Citizen now is more fun than DNF but hey just hate a $35 game that's the most advanced ever for no reason.

Dododododo breaking news: most advanced game ever takes a while to develop.

Gaaaaaaassssspppp

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By GarGx1

@ghosts4ever: that doesn'the explain why you care, if you haven'the backed the game then you have nothing to lose. So again, why do you care?

Also have you never pre-ordered any game?

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

Scorpio version incoming perfect timing.