Star Citizen Now Belongs To The Bank (LooooooL)

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#51 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: Winner.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

yearly non news click-bait article on SC failing.

yawn.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Very unfortunate, but this is what happens when an independent company attempts to do what even the biggest production houses have difficulty with --- making a AAA game.

It cost Take-Two and Rockstar games five years and nearly $300 million to make GTA V, making a AAA video game is incredibly difficult.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Looks like clickbait fake news.

Even if SC were to fail I wouldn't be mad. The $160 I've spent on it is peanuts. I knew the risk I was taking when I decided to back it, and I view the money spent on it as expendable.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I'm not sure why there are so many people out there wanting this game to fail. It's a massive undertaking that's never been seen in gaming before... and will change the face of gaming and game development (in terms of scale) forever. You don't want it to succeed? You want people to lose their money, lose their jobs?

But Sony, Ubisoft, EA, etc releases a clone of a game we've seen a hundred times already, funds it through the donations of the gullible buying previous clones, and oh no, that's fine, that game that does nothing to change gaming or improve it... that's fine.

Hmmm good point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
@Vatusus said:
@Juub1990 said:

@MBirdy88: Never mind him. He's a Sony fanboy who think shit like God of War are god's gift to gaming. Of course he's gonna hate on the biggest PC exclusive in 10 years.

Yup, 10 years alright. Its the time this game will be in development. When it actually comes out it'll probably be obsolete :D

Obsolete eh?

Tell me, what Sony games are being developed with anywhere close to the same scope?

oh wait, all they can make is the same generic small-minded crap:

add failed Driving Sims and you have the full shabang.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

I hope they release squadron 42 at least

"Squadron 42 is near completion. and the developers want to give it a final polish."

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

another click bait from trolllllllll2ll

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts
@MBirdy88 said:

Obsolete eh?

Tell me, what Sony games are being developed with anywhere close to the same scope?

3 of those games are out already.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#60 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

@fantasygamer said:

I hope they release squadron 42 at least

"Squadron 42 is near completion. and the developers want to give it a final polish."

completion? what kind of completion?

ever since 2012 all i have been hearing about that they hire hollywood actor and some sneak peeks. but they never show us any proper gameplay footage. instead of hiring expensive hollywood actors why cant they use budget on game?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/re-uk-tax-rebate-advance-for-foundry-42

We have noticed the speculations created by a posting on the website of UK’s Company House with respect to Coutt’s security for our UK Tax Rebate advance, and we would like to provide you with the following insight to help prevent some of the misinformation we have seen.

Our UK companies are entitled to a Government Game tax credit rebate which we earn every month on the Squadron 42 development. These rebates are payable by the UK Government in the fall of the next following year when we file our tax returns. Foundry 42 and its parent company Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd. have elected to partner with Coutts, a highly regarded, very selective, and specialized UK banking institution, to obtain a regular advance against this rebate, which will allow us to avoid converting unnecessarily other currencies into GBP. We obviously incur a significant part of our expenditures in GBP while our collections are mostly in USD and EUR. Given today's low interest rates versus the ongoing and uncertain currency fluctuations, this is simply a smart money management move, which we implemented upon recommendation of our financial advisors.

The collateral granted in connection with this discounting loan is absolutely standard and pertains to our UK operation only, which develops Squadron 42. As a careful review of the security will show and contrary to some irresponsible and misleading reports, the collateral specifically excludes “Star Citizen.” The UK Government rebate entitlement, which is audited and certified by our outside auditors on a quarterly basis, is the prime collateral. Per standard procedure in banking, our UK companies of course stand behind the loan and guarantee repayment which, however, given the reliability of the discounted asset (a UK Government payment) is a formality and nothing else. This security does not affect our UK companies’ ownership and control of their assets. Obviously, the UK Government will not default on its rebate obligations which will be used for repayment, and even then the UK companies have ample assets to repay the loan, even in such an eventuality which is of course unthinkable.

This should clarify the matter. Thank you.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

@deadline-zero0: Quick and concise response. In terms of utilizing a forward on their rebate, instead of utilizing foreign-to-foreign transfers, this makes a lot of sense. Expenses are high in the UK, and even the high US dollar will not offset that.

In other news, I think it's time this thread was closed.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts

I warned you, trolls be trolls.

Star Citizen reigns supreme. Suck it haters.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 the_master_race

@lundy86_4 said:

@deadline-zero0: Quick and concise response. In terms of utilizing a forward on their rebate, instead of utilizing foreign-to-foreign transfers, this makes a lot of sense. Expenses are high in the UK, and even the high US dollar will not offset that.

In other news, I think it's time this thread was closed.

also >>> http://wccftech.com/brexit-will-raise-uk-tech-prices

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@the_master_race: a fairprice to pay to not have them filthy immigrants taking away tech jobs from good'ol british citizens /s

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#66  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@Vatusus said:
@Juub1990 said:

@MBirdy88: Never mind him. He's a Sony fanboy who think shit like God of War are god's gift to gaming. Of course he's gonna hate on the biggest PC exclusive in 10 years.

Yup, 10 years alright. Its the time this game will be in development. When it actually comes out it'll probably be obsolete :D

Obsolete eh?

Flip floping much? Where was Sony even mentioned? You sound insecure

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@Vatusus: SQ42 will take 6 years of dev if it releases late next year. Same timeframe as Horizon zero dawn and probably every other open world game.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Jebaited

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Zaryia

@Vatusus said:s

Flip floping much?

Says the guy agreeing with a fakenews/click-bait thread.

Please check yourself first.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/re-uk-tax-rebate-advance-for-foundry-42

We have noticed the speculations created by a posting on the website of UK’s Company House with respect to Coutt’s security for our UK Tax Rebate advance, and we would like to provide you with the following insight to help prevent some of the misinformation we have seen.

Our UK companies are entitled to a Government Game tax credit rebate which we earn every month on the Squadron 42 development. These rebates are payable by the UK Government in the fall of the next following year when we file our tax returns. Foundry 42 and its parent company Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd. have elected to partner with Coutts, a highly regarded, very selective, and specialized UK banking institution, to obtain a regular advance against this rebate, which will allow us to avoid converting unnecessarily other currencies into GBP. We obviously incur a significant part of our expenditures in GBP while our collections are mostly in USD and EUR. Given today's low interest rates versus the ongoing and uncertain currency fluctuations, this is simply a smart money management move, which we implemented upon recommendation of our financial advisors.

The collateral granted in connection with this discounting loan is absolutely standard and pertains to our UK operation only, which develops Squadron 42. As a careful review of the security will show and contrary to some irresponsible and misleading reports, the collateral specifically excludes “Star Citizen.” The UK Government rebate entitlement, which is audited and certified by our outside auditors on a quarterly basis, is the prime collateral. Per standard procedure in banking, our UK companies of course stand behind the loan and guarantee repayment which, however, given the reliability of the discounted asset (a UK Government payment) is a formality and nothing else. This security does not affect our UK companies’ ownership and control of their assets. Obviously, the UK Government will not default on its rebate obligations which will be used for repayment, and even then the UK companies have ample assets to repay the loan, even in such an eventuality which is of course unthinkable.

This should clarify the matter. Thank you.

thank you

quoting for redundancy/emphasis.

even though haters gonna hate...

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Zaryia

@Ant_17 said:

Turns out this poster was laughing at himself.

You were so hyped about first place best system PC finally having a mis-step that you ate up fake news like some nincompoop.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Still cant figure out why some gamers who really feel somewhat threatened by the possibility of this game actually being released.

In fact, the possibility of it being actually being in legit development somehow offends them in some ridiculous stupid way.

It is utterly mindboggling. How the heck did they get so invested over something that they supposedly have no interest in?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Zaryia

@kuu2 said:

Never crowd fund games.

@Epak_ said:

You really can only laugh about this whole ordeal.

@uninspiredcup said:

To boldly go where no scam has gone before.

@k--m--k said:

One big black hole.

@scatteh316 said:

I've said it since day one this 'tech demo' will never see a full release.

These posters all were self-owned.

I love it. Never go against PC.

BadIronTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 BadIronTree
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

LOL FAIL OP IS FAIL

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

@Epak_ said:

I want to laugh at this but I feel bad for anyone who's genuinely excited for this game.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Zaryia

@nygamespotter said:
@Epak_ said:

I want to laugh at this but I feel bad for anyone who's genuinely excited for this game.

This was a fake news thread. Don't feel bad.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Notice how many of the anti-SC forumers immediately went silent lol

"One day...one day they'll see that I WAS RIGHT! I"LL SHOW 'EM! I don't care if that day meant hundreds lost their jobs and livelihoods!"

L.O.L.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Zaryia

@mirgamer said:

Notice how many of the anti-SC forumers immediately went silent lol

"One day...one day they'll see that I WAS RIGHT! I"LL SHOW 'EM! I don't care if that day meant hundreds lost their jobs and livelihoods!"

L.O.L.

Well when you're up against the best, you start to have real life disdain and spite in your heart. The jealousy grows deep. They actually want games to be cancelled and fail, just so they can finally take shots at the god of gaming (PC).

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@zaryia said:
@nygamespotter said:
@Epak_ said:

This was a fake news thread. Don't feel bad.

Oooooohhh snap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Vatusus said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Vatusus said:
@Juub1990 said:

Obsolete eh?

Flip floping much? Where was Sony even mentioned? You sound insecure

Your a Sony fanboy, I know it, you know it.

Dodging the question much? OK Vas ... "What major publisher is pushing something of the same scope?" eh?

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@MBirdy88 said:

oh wait, all they can make is the same generic small-minded crap

Wow, third person AND trees? They are obviously all the same game! You are such a cool and individual hipster. It's so impressive how you hate on the popular mainstream. Now if you learn the difference between "your" and "you're" you will be the new overlord.

Somebody make a new Wing Commander.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@nethernova said:
@MBirdy88 said:

oh wait, all they can make is the same generic small-minded crap

Wow, third person AND trees? They are obviously all the same game! You are such a cool and individual hipster. It's so impressive how you hate on the popular mainstream. Now if you learn the difference between "your" and "you're" you will be the new overlord.

Somebody make a new Wing Commander.

Whoa, all 3rd person graphics obsessed games that only present visual scale, but not gameplay or mechanics scale. and a grammar nazi comment! amazing useful comeback!

Ah yes, because this is just a new Wing Commander... I remember Wing commander doing all this...

if you cant provide a better rebuttal, don't bother at all.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@BadIronTree said:

LOL FAIL OP IS FAIL

Don't tell him. Better spread misinformation and hope the game fails.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#84 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Told you this game is a flop.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@foxhound_fox: Bwahahahaha, oh god thanks for the laugh. I don't want this game to fail but to think this is some unheard of endeavor is purely laughable.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Its so sad to see so many gamers get excited when they see negative news about star citizen. Why on earth would you to see a game like this fail?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@Legend002 said:

How can it be a flop if the game isn't release?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@lawlessx said:

Its so sad to see so many gamers get excited when they see negative news about star citizen. Why on earth would you to see a game like this fail?

This is the reason fanboys are the AIDS of the industry. Fanboys are really the destruction of all things good no matter what the subject. It really is a shame people act like this!

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@lawlessx said:

Completely baffles me as well. I can't comprehend anyone calling themselves a gaming fan and wanting any game to fail, let alone the most ambitious game in at least a decade, if not ever.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 the_master_race

@Legend002 said:

LoL , #FakeNews , SAD!

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@lawlessx said:

Completely baffles me as well. I can't comprehend anyone calling themselves a gaming fan and wanting any game to fail, let alone the most ambitious game in at least a decade, if not ever.

Success breeds jealousy and hate, sooo.....

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Ah the usual suspects celebrating a game's failure without having the IQ to read beyond a click bait fake news title. Is it any wonder the world is in the mess its in right now? Quick go play another linear run simulator and think its the best thing gaming has to offer!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Quick go play another linear run simulator and think its the best thing gaming has to offer!

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy comes out on Tuesday...

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@Vaasman said:

this reeks of clickbait BS.

Yep, called it. This is just sad how this ended up really. You folks all dying to see this game fail need to really get a grip. AAA games are a rote mess of linear tech demo BS, and finally a game comes along with a large publisher-free budget that also dares to develop open to the public and be ambitious, and yet you're all lining up to shit on it. I mean, really?

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

Such negativity surrounding what will be an awesome game on release.

Shame on all of you.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#98 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Never crowd fund games.

It's a risk, but know who you are getting involved with first. I've funded 3 games "Moebius: Empire Rising (Pinkerton Road Studio). Wasteland 2 (inXile Entertainment) & Mighty No.9 (Comcept, Inti Creates). Turns out Wasteland 2 was probably the best of the bunch, but still all the games were completed and I did get all my games, sound tracks, physical copies, etc... I heard of a lot of nightmares from other games however.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Quality SW post. Non-related images and choice linking. Quality disinformation.

Anyone who actually gives a shit will read up on it and see that its nothing like the picture TC is trying paint.

And those who dont just rofl comments, accept it as fact, so on and so forth.

Reading and facts suck. Facebook news quality post TC. Naisu.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#100 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

not only is this a massive money pit, but the game itself is almost certainly total garbage