PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Not gonna lie but they chose a terrible picture considering just about any pic of Chernobylite looks way better visually.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Metro isn't even the same league as STALKER, never has been, solely due to the design philosophy that I noted. I suppose it is of some comfort that Grygorovych is still at the head of the company, even if Shyshkovtsov and Maximchuk (those responsible for creating X-Ray) are now at 4A.

That they made Metro so cinematically driven goes to show that they don't have a clue, or a care, as to what made STALKER so great. My only hope is Grygorovych does, and has surrounded himself with just as much talent and passion as the first game had.

Both are different franchise and should be judge on different merits.

both are excellent series on thier own.

Sure, but as a game, STALKER is superior.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

As long as the game has good gunplay.

Imagine Wolfenstein gunplay with STALKER world building.

GOAT right there.

oh please no.

STALKER gunplay is perfect. dont need wolfenstein influence over best FPS ever made.

@Litchie said:

Dude. If they know what they're doing, dis gon be big. Wonder when it could possibly be released..

anyday it will release. will become greatest game of all time even if it become as good as original.

I think it needs more Escape from Tarkov gunplay. Wolfenstein is pretty arcade-like.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#54 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

true but one can like both series. STALKER and Metro.

I always hated cinematic QTE fest games but dont know why i love Metro so much. maybe for deep story and atmosphere, maybe they are far more immersive than any cinematic games.

of course STALKER is better.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I always hated cinematic QTE fest games but dont know why i love Metro so much. maybe for deep story and atmosphere, maybe they are far more immersive than any cinematic games.

Metro isn't even close to STALKER. Metro is a 7/10 series at most. Maybe 6/10. Filled with QTEs and cutscenes and still have the odacity to be short. A game needs more game to get a better... game score.

Interrupt the player taking away his control every 15 minutes is possibly one of the most retarded ways of making a game. Kind of tolerated it for Metro 2033 and Last Light. With Exodus, I just had enough a couple hours in. A waste of time better used for games that don't interrupt you a lot when you try to play them.

Many developers needs to be better at presenting their story through gameplay. Nintendo has done it for decades. Valve. From Software. More examples. But yeah, people seem to enjoy being forced to watch cutscenes for some reason. People buy the dev's games anyway, and they continue being lazy filling out their gametime with cutscenes and still sell it. The consumer don't mind. Win win for everyone but those with higher game standards.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#56 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Metro isn't even close to STALKER. Metro is a 7/10 series at most. Maybe 6/10. Filled with QTEs and cutscenes and still have the odacity to be short. A game needs more game to get a better... game score.

Interrupt the player taking away his control every 15 minutes is possibly one of the most retarded ways of making a game. Kind of tolerated it for Metro 2033 and Last Light. With Exodus, I just had enough a couple hours in. A waste of time better used for games that don't interrupt you a lot when you try to play them.

Many developers needs to be better at presenting their story through gameplay. Nintendo has done it for decades. Valve. From Software. More examples. But yeah, people seem to enjoy being forced to watch cutscenes for some reason. People buy the dev's games anyway, and they continue being lazy filling out their gametime with cutscenes and still sell it. The consumer don't mind. Win win for everyone but those with higher game standards.

STALKER is 10/10

Metro is more like 8.5/10

STALKER is masterpiece, Metro is great.