MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17694 Posts

I’ve no interest in streaming games whatsoever. Not only due to technical limitations, but from a consumer rights perspective as well. But something tells me this won’t really be a threat to the big three, only complimentary.

NerdRAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By NerdRAGE
Member since 2019 • 35 Posts

Eventually, consoles are going to give way to services. It's all moving in that direction now and it's only a matter of time before physical games become the 8-tracks of the 21 century. How this is going to impact everything, we don't know. Whether or not STADIA is going be the service that finally breaks the ice remains to be seen (Personally, I think Microsoft is in a way better position to make that leap).

All I know is that I'm GLAD. Glad that I hung on to all my gaming consoles; That I never traded in a single device towards the next "new thing". To me, that was always a stupid thing to do. You know we come here and bash eachother's favorite machines all day long. But when these services are finally all upon us, I think most of us are going to be reaching for these old machines the games we used to say we hated. And we're probably going to be happy to play them for as long as we can.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22990 Posts

Honestly, I hope it's a massive success.... I love new ideas in this hobby. Some work, some don't... There will undoubtedly be some hurdles with how they'll bring a consistent experience, but if the IDEA is good? I want them to succeed.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TheEroica  Moderator

@NathanDrakeSwag: What are you holding onto so tight? IF they can make the experience of playing a video game really great, why hope it fails? Your hardware and physical games are the low hanging fruit in this hobby... Its always been about the games them-self.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TheEroica  Moderator

Also.... How long before the board is called Service Wars!?

Or.... Better yet....

We call it "legacy system wars" and we argue classic style on graphics, games and features for discontinued hardware for the rest of time!

I'll never get sick of wondering if the cell was actually more powerful than the 360...

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7296 Posts

Is there any hype at all for google streaming.

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

@unrealgunner: Thats just plain stupid, it has nothing to do with competition.

If it were a console i wouldn't care, the fact that this is a streaming device is why i won't purchase it or any other streaming device no matter who makes it.

Console fanboys don't want to accept that the streaming service is going to be a major part of gaming in the future. The hypocrisy of these guys is many of them have used PS Now before and they had no problem with it but now that Google is in the game they don't like it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44284 Posts

Xbox SADE or bust. :P

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I think marketing a streaming device as a console is a bad idea. People already have a lot of devices that would be capable of streaming games through an app. Integrating this service through Chromecast would make more sense to me. They should be focusing on selling a service rather than hardware.