PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

This game is going to be really good. I'm hyping it AA.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

@charizard1605 said:

Doesn't exist, as these are two separate titles.

Greninja is a rather cool Pokemon in Pokemon X and Y.

Or I dunno, some sort of package where you can buy both version for a lower price.

I'd love to have both versions, but there is no way I'm going to pay that much for what is essentially, just one game on two systems.

Haven't played a pokemon game in a while, I want to get Pokemon X or Y someday. But is he really that well known ? Isn't the core of Smash Bros well known Nintendo characters (or characters in general) beating eachother up ?

Is wii fit trainer well known among the gamer audience ? Will the Wii Fit audience play this game ?

I'd rather have seen a return of Snake (a well known character among gamers) than any of those two.

Smash has alot of characters that aren't Well known such as Pit but once they redesigned him, everybody loved him so much that it prompted Nintendo to make him a new game which sold very well.

Fighting games aren't only about who's well known, otherwise we'd just continue to get the same characters in every game. UMVC3 is a good example of this. Marvel included alot of lesser known characters into it and people learned about new characters within that universe such as Rocket Raccoon and guess what, now he has a movie coming out and you know why people are going to go see it? Because Rocket Raccoon is in it when the movie really isn't about him.

WiiFit Trainer is a great addition to the smash bros games. Heck, if all the evil memes for the Villager (Another character you could say wouldn't fit based on your criteria) were not created then nobody would even care about him either because he's just a generic character but since he became cool due to those, he's acceptable. Wii Fit Trainer actually is very well known. The Wii Fit series sold incredibly well and sparked an interest in exercise games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

HYPE

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@nini200 said:

Smash has alot of characters that aren't Well known such as Pit but once they redesigned him, everybody loved him so much that it prompted Nintendo to make him a new game which sold very well.

Fighting games aren't only about who's well known, otherwise we'd just continue to get the same characters in every game. UMVC3 is a good example of this. Marvel included alot of lesser known characters into it and people learned about new characters within that universe such as Rocket Raccoon and guess what, now he has a movie coming out and you know why people are going to go see it? Because Rocket Raccoon is in it when the movie really isn't about him.

WiiFit Trainer is a great addition to the smash bros games. Heck, if all the evil memes for the Villager (Another character you could say wouldn't fit based on your criteria) were not created then nobody would even care about him either because he's just a generic character but since he became cool due to those, he's acceptable. Wii Fit Trainer actually is very well known. The Wii Fit series sold incredibly well and sparked an interest in exercise games.

No, I disagree.

Pit is well known, though less known that Nintendo's really well known characters.

People were asking for Kid Icarus for a long time, and they finally get one.

I'm alright with Villager, I'm allright with the lesser known characters in UMVC, they fit the game. Wii Fit Trainer does not fit in this game (no pun intended). Different audiences play Wii Fit and Smash Bros. Nintendo includes that character because there were barely any new IP on the Wii and all they are left with is Wii Fit Trainer.

At least that is what it seems to be, to me.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I wish they added the black knight or Titania from Fire Emblem or one of the Beast Kings.

Ridley should have been in smash bro's since Melee it's quite a shame he's still not in the game!

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By nini200

@R4gn4r0k said:

@nini200 said:

No, I disagree.

Pit is well known, though less known that Nintendo's really well known characters.

People were asking for Kid Icarus for a long time, and they finally get one.

I'm alright with Villager, I'm allright with the lesser known characters in UMVC, they fit the game. Wii Fit Trainer does not fit in this game (no pun intended). Different audiences play Wii Fit and Smash Bros. Nintendo includes that character because there were barely any new IP on the Wii and all they are left with is Wii Fit Trainer.

At least that is what it seems to be, to me.

Pit is not as well known as you think. People didn't even know Pit from Kid Icarus had video games until his redesign in Brawl. Heck even the people that did know it, thought his name was Icarus and not Pit before Brawl. Once he got the character redesign, people started giving him a chance and basically started begging for a game (Based off the Brawl Pit design) not knowing that he had at least 2 from regular NES and Gameboy. Kid Icarus has never been a really good or popular franchise until Uprising.

I bet you are alright with Villager (who doesn't fit in the game either). Why do you think Villager supposedly fits into this game?

I think you have the wrong thought process about what smash is and about fighters in general. Good pun though lol even if it wasn't intended.

If smash was about characters that supposedly fit into a fighter, then almost half the cast would be omitted. Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., heck, even Captain Falcon until they made him a fighter, would all not be there. Smash is about uniqueness, quirkiness and fun thus all the odd characters.

Actually you're wrong about that assessment. The Same audience plays Wii Fit and Smash Bros as Smash is a casual fighter. Gamers made it into a hardcore fighter (thus the reason you see the serious players turning off items and going to Final Destination only) but Smash has always been a casual fighter that was easily playable by everyone regardless of if they are any good at it or not.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm not trying to change it, however, I am saying that alot of characters have been introduced into fighting games that don't supposedly fit but once the people try them out, they usually tend to love those characters because they are different and offer variety to the game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 R4gn4r0k

@nini200 said:

Pit is not as well known as you think. People didn't even know Pit from Kid Icarus had video games until his redesign in Brawl. Heck even the people that did know it, thought his name was Icarus and not Pit before Brawl. Once he got the character redesign, people started giving him a chance and basically started begging for a game (Based off the Brawl Pit design) not knowing that he had at least 2 from regular NES and Gameboy. Kid Icarus has never been a really good or popular franchise until Uprising.

I bet you are alright with Villager (who doesn't fit in the game either). Why do you think Villager supposedly fits into this game?

I think you have the wrong thought process about what smash is and about fighters in general. Good pun though lol even if it wasn't intended.

If smash was about characters that supposedly fit into a fighter, then almost half the cast would be omitted. Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., heck, even Captain Falcon until they made him a fighter, would all not be there. Smash is about uniqueness, quirkiness and fun thus all the odd characters.

Actually you're wrong about that assessment. The Same audience plays Wii Fit and Smash Bros as Smash is a casual fighter. Gamers made it into a hardcore fighter (thus the reason you see the serious players turning off items and going to Final Destination only) but Smash has always been a casual fighter that was easily playable by everyone regardless of if they are any good at it or not.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm not trying to change it, however, I am saying that alot of characters have been introduced into fighting games that don't supposedly fit but once the people try them out, they usually tend to love those characters because they are different and offer variety to the game.

That's just my thought. I can't really explain it into great detail.

Wii Fit Trainer is just not a game character to me, she's a virtual ftiness trainer.

She's not somebody you can control in a game like Mario, Donkey Kong, Link or even the Villager. But not just that, other things to make her stand out to me as not being a game character.

Also, she's fucking ugly. No, I don't mean as a female. I mean as a game character, she looks uninspired, has no facial expressions (does she even have a face ?) and a bland art style.

Everything to me makes her stand out, and Nintendo, to me, looks lazy for including her.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

AAAE only cows hype AAE.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By nini200

@R4gn4r0k said:

@nini200 said:

That's just my thought. I can't really explain it into great detail.

Wii Fit Trainer is just not a game character to me, she's a virtual ftiness trainer.

She's not somebody you can control in a game like Mario, Donkey Kong, Link or even the Villager. But not just that, other things to make her stand out to me as not being a game character.

Also, she's fucking ugly. No, I don't mean as a female. I mean as a game character, she looks uninspired, has no facial expressions (does she even have a face ?) and a bland art style.

Everything to me makes her stand out, and Nintendo, to me, looks lazy for including her.

I see. You'll learn to like her when you play it. Lol I'm sure of it

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 R4gn4r0k

@nini200 said:

I'm sure it'll be a character I won't play much. But I'll give her a try :P

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nini200

@R4gn4r0k said:

@nini200 said:

I'm sure it'll be a character I won't play much. But I'll give her a try :P

Yep that's how it starts lol she'll probably end up as one of your mains lol

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Can't spell 'like' without Ike.

Has this been said already?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@nini200 said:

Yep that's how it starts lol she'll probably end up as one of your mains lol

Now that would be hilarious XD

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Needs more princess Link

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

going AAA and forcing Mega man

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#66 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@AznbkdX said:

I honestly didn't expect Ike to return. Would be cool if all the veterans returned.

Like his new design and its good to have him back. He is one my favorite characters to play since he is pretty awesome on 4 player battles. One hit and your gone, just the way I like it! Sending three people flying at once is the greatest feeling. :P

Hoping the Awakening rep is still a thing. A good chance it is is but I can see people getting worried about that.

That design is from Radiant Dawn, so it's not new.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I was about to vote AAA... but apparently I had already done. I had forgotten. :P

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@AznbkdX said:

I honestly didn't expect Ike to return. Would be cool if all the veterans returned.

Like his new design and its good to have him back. He is one my favorite characters to play since he is pretty awesome on 4 player battles. One hit and your gone, just the way I like it! Sending three people flying at once is the greatest feeling. :P

Hoping the Awakening rep is still a thing. A good chance it is is but I can see people getting worried about that.

That design is from Radiant Dawn, so it's not new.

New for Smash. :P

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#69 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Pity bump for the sheep.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#70 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

*sigh*

Update this shit @darkspineslayer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Post your 3DS Version hype....NOW!

I'm going AAA

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#72 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Negative hype.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

@jg4xchamp said:

Negative hype.

Very insightful contribution.

jg4xchamp, ladies and gentlemen.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#74 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Negative hype.

Very insightful contribution.

jg4xchamp, ladies and gentlemen.

The best kind of contribution.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

AAA here. I'm ready to turn on my 3DS XL again!

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 93BlackHawk93

AA

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#77 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Well, Carolyn isn't around to knock it for lack of checkpoints, I can see it getting a AAA or AAAA easily.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

8.0 AAA

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#79 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

8.5.. or have GameSpot removed .5? In that case - 8. I haven't cared about this website's reviews for a long time now.. No doubt that it's going to be a sweet game.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#80  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Not a fan of the series, but the 3DS version sounds pretty good to me. I might pick it up to tinger around with it.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

I am expecting it to get a 7. I just dont feel the hype with this one. Maybe making 2 versions was a bad move.

Also, dont believe any leaks that may be posted, remember...

I will get it nonetheless for Wii U, and I will probably main Fat Mario or Metroid's Girlfriend.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

6 or 7

Word about the 3DS version has not been good.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Bread_or_Decide

@Litchie said:

8.5.. or have GameSpot removed .5? In that case - 8. I haven't cared about this website's reviews for a long time now.. No doubt that it's going to be a sweet game.

They haven't used the .5's in quite some time. I mean...quite some time. How do people not notice this?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I don't even have it preordered yet. I'll buy it, but I'm not sure if I'll play it much. There's too many games on 3DS to keep track of. And why is it hard to find early releases? I personally bought STarfox for myself at launch but I wanted to get it as a gift for someone--couldn't find the game anywhere.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#85 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

No more than an 8 for the 3ds version.

I can definitely see a lot of reviewers complaining about the controls (read: slide pad).

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Bread_or_Decide

@gamefan67 said:

No more than an 8 for the 3ds version.

I can definitely see a lot of reviewers complaining about the controls (read: slide pad).

The main complaint seems to be that the characters are too small and the screen is too small. Its hard to make out what's going on.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

a solid 9

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I'm going with A on the 3DS and AA on the Wii U. The 3DS is missing local coop, which is basically what makes this game fun in the first place.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide:

I figured with the ability to make character outlines thick or thin that wouldn't have been too big of a complaint, the screen size I can see being an issue with some especially if you're playing on the og 3DS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

The list of musical composers for (as well as some tracks from) the 3DS game are now posted online.

That is a seriously impressive roster of musicians, yo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

My Hype AAA.

Expected Result: AA "No guns, no cinematics, no corridors with a variety of about 6 enemies. Does not look like a movie. focuses too much on gameplay" AA.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#92 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@Litchie said:

They haven't used the .5's in quite some time. I mean...quite some time. How do people not notice this?

Like I said, I haven't cared about GameSpot's reviews in a long time. As in I haven't even looked at them..

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#93 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

Going with Bread on this one, 6 or 7.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

@PhazonBlazer

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#95  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Why didn't you make a (New) Poll topic?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

I'd say the 3DS version should be hyped AA, personally.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 93BlackHawk93

Shulk's left for his description.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#98 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

I would say between an AA or AAA.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Well, this is definitely a disappointing roster, clones galore and so much wasted potential.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By 93BlackHawk93

@Lord_Omikron666 said:

Well, this is definitely a disappointing roster, clones galore and so much wasted potential.

There are just three clones...