Square Enix: "We won't remake FF7 until we make a modern FF that exceeds it

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 ohgeez
Member since 2011 • 919 Posts
[QUOTE="2x2towers"]Is this for real? Final Fantasy 7 was terrible. The heck? Everyone looked like Show Budgets with low quality backgrounds that gave you headaches. The battle system was slow and the spells were atrocious. The dialogue and story where written by little frederick, age 5. The death scene was not sad, you put up with the game so long that anything would have made your emotions go nuts after such horror. List of games better than 7: 1245689,x, X-2, XI, XII,X13,X13-2. Not to mention almost all the spin offs. CRISIS CORE is better than FF7.

The best way to make your opinion seem valid to others is to exaggerate to the point where there is no way what is coming out of your mouth could be truth. Kudos to you, system warrior
Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

FFVI and FFIX are both better than seven in my opinion. They may as well do a remake for the guaranteed money, though.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

FF7 was only ok. It was just so new at the time so people have fonder memories of it.

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

[QUOTE="MlauTheDaft"]

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

They really just don't get it.

FFVII was huge not because it was a ground breaking rpg, but because it had great production values at the time. A lot of gamers that shunned previous rpgs because they looked like "number games" jumped on board with FF7 for the 3d effects, pre-rendered back drops and CG cutscenes... all stuff that became commonplace for a time and is now archaic.

Had FFVI gotten the PS1 treatment instead it would have been the mega popular FF game. Its sad, but almost funny in a way that SE doesn't actually realize why FFVII was such a big hit.

Wiimotefan

I agree that the big deal about FF7 was it's production values, but I still fail to see what exactly made FF6 superior. Honestly, I have a hard time getting myself to that world shattering plot point these days and the game mechanics really make you feel that it's an SNES game.

FF7, on the other hand, is rather well made in all aspects, apart from massive FMV inconsistencies. In fact, the graphics are probably it's greatest detriment today.

Gameplay-wise, it manages to be streamlined enough to be as enjoyable as modern games like Lost Odyssey; if you're willing to be forgiving. Start up both for a couple of hours right now, FF6 forces a ton more redundancy on you and is generally just more of a hassle to enjoy.

What I'm getting at, is that FF7 is MUCH easier to remake, since most of it's issues are graphical: Furthermore, I don't really see why it's supposed to be so overrated; noone ever bothered explaining to me, what made FF6 so much better.

It can't be the plot, because it's easy to tell that storytelling does'nt receive the kind of exposition it does in FF7.

It certainly can't be the game mechanics because it's easy to tell that a new generation brought more freedom, in terms of design.

I'm well aware that FF7 is a sore spot for many people, because they consider FF6 vastly superior, but I've yet to see explanations as to why.

Having experienced both in close proximity, I really have a hard time seing, what FF6 is supposed to do better. Kefka is supposed to be an amazing villain, but I'm just annoyed by how much he's meant to amuse you comically.

Man I'm sorry you made such a long response. :P

I do feel FFVI is the better game, but that wasn't even my point. Lets forget about FFVI. If FFVIII would have been the first PS1 FF title it would have been the same result. That's all I'm getting at.

FFVII was the right place at the right time. That is why it became so immensely popular and that is what SE fails to realize.

I think a big reason for it's popularity was at it was more available. FF7 was released worldwide, while FF6 wasn't when it was new.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

[QUOTE="MlauTheDaft"]

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

They really just don't get it.

FFVII was huge not because it was a ground breaking rpg, but because it had great production values at the time. A lot of gamers that shunned previous rpgs because they looked like "number games" jumped on board with FF7 for the 3d effects, pre-rendered back drops and CG cutscenes... all stuff that became commonplace for a time and is now archaic.

Had FFVI gotten the PS1 treatment instead it would have been the mega popular FF game. Its sad, but almost funny in a way that SE doesn't actually realize why FFVII was such a big hit.

Wiimotefan

I agree that the big deal about FF7 was it's production values, but I still fail to see what exactly made FF6 superior. Honestly, I have a hard time getting myself to that world shattering plot point these days and the game mechanics really make you feel that it's an SNES game.

FF7, on the other hand, is rather well made in all aspects, apart from massive FMV inconsistencies. In fact, the graphics are probably it's greatest detriment today.

Gameplay-wise, it manages to be streamlined enough to be as enjoyable as modern games like Lost Odyssey; if you're willing to be forgiving. Start up both for a couple of hours right now, FF6 forces a ton more redundancy on you and is generally just more of a hassle to enjoy.

What I'm getting at, is that FF7 is MUCH easier to remake, since most of it's issues are graphical: Furthermore, I don't really see why it's supposed to be so overrated; noone ever bothered explaining to me, what made FF6 so much better.

It can't be the plot, because it's easy to tell that storytelling does'nt receive the kind of exposition it does in FF7.

It certainly can't be the game mechanics because it's easy to tell that a new generation brought more freedom, in terms of design.

I'm well aware that FF7 is a sore spot for many people, because they consider FF6 vastly superior, but I've yet to see explanations as to why.

Having experienced both in close proximity, I really have a hard time seing, what FF6 is supposed to do better. Kefka is supposed to be an amazing villain, but I'm just annoyed by how much he's meant to amuse you comically.

I do feel FFVI is the better game, but that wasn't even my point. Lets forget about FFVI. If FFVIII would have been the first PS1 FF title it would have been the same result. That's all I'm getting at.

FFVII was the right place at the right time. That is why it became so immensely popular and that is what SE fails to realize.

I did'nt take many words to realize that conveying my thoughts and feelings, would quickly become a massive post:P

I think you have a very good point in that it was destined to succeed, being an FF with more power to draw from. I just feel that it also improved on every single aspect of their franchise. Noone ever wanted to discuss this with me, but even the plot is improved IMO.

At least the narrative took itself a little more seriously, since it did'nt have to satisfy a Super Mario audience anymore ;) I just feel that FF7 had a much better sense of identity.

Regardless, it's the earliest FF to stand a realistic chance of being modernized, without a complete makeover. It's much easier to pick up and play today, than any previous game, and I can't think of anything it lost, from it's predecessors.

Edit:

Playing FF6 today, I can't help but feel that most of the story is whimsical and disjointed. Half of the game, Kefka might as well have been Bowser ;)

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="MlauTheDaft"]

MlauTheDaft

I did'nt take many words to realize that conveying my thoughts and feelings, would quickly become a massive post:P

I think you have a very good point in that it was destined to succeed, being an FF with more power to draw from. I just feel that it also improved on every single aspect of their franchise. Noone ever wanted to discuss this with me, but even the plot is improved IMO.

At least the narrative took itself a little more seriously, since it did'nt have to satisfy a Super Mario audience anymore ;) I just feel that FF7 had a much better sense of identity.

Regardless, it's the earliest FF to stand a realistic chance of being modernized, without a complete makeover. It's much easier to pick up and play today, than any previous game, and I can't think of anything it lost, from it's predecessors.

Edit:

Playing FF6 today, I can't help but feel that most of the story is whimsical and disjointed. Half of the game, Kefka might as well have been Bowser ;)

The game goes from giving you the idea we are going to be tackling the issues of the environment, extreme means as an ends to the right thing and the life of lower class vs corporation to chasing Sephiroth around the planet for no good reason at all :| Man FF7 is a great game but the story is utter stupidity.

juno84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 juno84
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts

Am I missing something here? Why is everyone talking about which old FFs are better than FF7? He said "no modern". Can most of us can agree that FFXIII, FFXIII-2, and FF14 aren't as good as FF7?

Fossil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Fossil-
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts
VII is the most popular so naturally it attracts the most haters. It really doesn't matter if it's the best game, the point is it hasn't been surpassed in a long time. Anything made before X > anything made after IX It doesn't matter which order you put them in.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#110 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

I guess people can stop asking for an FF7 remake because clearly, it's not gonna happen. Ever.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#111 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Oh well. I hear mixed things about FFVII all the time. Personally out of the ones I've played I like VI the best. Great cast story and customization with Espers. Lots of fun.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

I loved VII but it wasn't the best FF. It's certainly better than the abortions they've been making lately though.

A HD version of IX would be nice.

heretrix

This man knows quality. IX HD would be quite lovely.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 MlauTheDaft

[QUOTE="MlauTheDaft"]

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

ActicEdge

Edit:

The game goes from giving you the idea we are going to be tackling the issues of the environment, extreme means as an ends to the right thing and the life of lower class vs corporation to chasing Sephiroth around the planet for no good reason at all :| Man FF7 is a great game but the story is utter stupidity.

Cloud is hired as a paid terrorist for that purpose; within minutes, he makes it clear that he's not personally invested.

Chasing Sephiroth around the planetisthe main plot, but the business with destroying the world is somewhat late game, and not really important to the main theme.

You're on an adventure to kill your former hero, while realizing that your friends might be indulging you..... You may not be as tough a mercenary, as you thought you were; you may barely qualify as human, your value less than that.

It also had the famous Aeris plot twist, which did'nt hurt me nearly as much as following poor Tifa did. I rooted for her from the beginning and just felt awful for her.

The game is'nt about saving the world at it's core... It's about emotionally wounded people, trying to defeat an even more emotionally wounded person; simply because it's impossible for them to exist together.

The game is all abouth your right to exist and how you define your worth.

Edit:

Damnit GS, you sorely need to update your webcode. The code is ancient and it feels like it's not being maintained.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

whats funnier then the morons are square is the morons here...lol some of the opinions ...lol

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 MlauTheDaft

whats funnier then the morons are square is the morons here...lol some of the opinions ...lol

WilliamRLBaker

Broken english or beyond human comprehension? Impossible to tell.

Are'nt you supposed to be american?

cgi15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 cgi15
Member since 2008 • 492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="MlauTheDaft"]

Edit:

MlauTheDaft

Cloud is hired as a paid terrorist for that purpose; within minutes, he makes it clear that he's not personally invested.

Chasing Sephiroth around the planetisthe main plot, but the business with destroying the world is somewhat late game, and not really important to the main theme.

You're on an adventure to kill your former hero, while realizing that your friends might be indulging you..... You may not be as tough a mercenary, as you thought you were; you may barely qualify as human, your value less than that.

It also had the famous Aeris plot twist, which did'nt hurt me nearly as much as following poor Tifa did. I rooted for her from the beginning and just felt awful for her.

The game is'nt about saving the world at it's core... It's about emotionally wounded people, trying to defeat an even more emotionally wounded person; simply because it's impossible for them to exist together.

Edit:

Damnit GS, you sorely need to update your webcode. The code is ancient and it feels like it's not being maintained.

FF 7 is my favorite of the series so it is nice to see someone who actually understands the emotional depth of the plot instead of grossly simplifying it.

And I agree with others in this thread who argue that if 7 wasn't amazing people wouldn't still be talking about it 15 years later. How often do people bring up FF 2 or 3?

I am in the group of people who would appreciate a full FF 7 remake, although probably not in the way most people would think. If they took the graphics engine of 13, fixed the dialogue, added voice overs (the AC cast was great), and maybe added additional cut scenes or side-quests to flesh out some of the characters more, nothing else would need to be changed.

If for this dream to come true a recent FF game has to be created that "surpasses" 7, then so be it.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#117 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Well VI is the best in the series IMO. And I figured this was never gonna happen they need to finish versus XII before start talking about remakes.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MlauTheDaft

[QUOTE="MlauTheDaft"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

cgi15

Edit:

FF 7 is my favorite of the series so it is nice to see someone who actually understands the emotional depth of the plot instead of grossly simplifying it.

And I agree with others in this thread who argue that if 7 wasn't amazing people wouldn't still be talking about it 15 years later. How often do people bring up FF 2 or 3?

I am in the group of people who would appreciate a full FF 7 remake, although probably not in the way most people would think. If they took the graphics engine of 13, fixed the dialogue, added voice overs (the AC cast was great), and maybe added additional cut scenes or side-quests to flesh out some of the characters more, nothing else would need to be changed.

If for this dream to come true a recent FF game has to be created that "surpasses" 7, then so be it.

That's all I need... Good localization and a reasoable graphical overhaul.

Game mechanics don't need that much work outside of interface modernization.

I absolutely love the plot and how it makes you feel for Sephiroth. An ultimately powerful being who, is'nt entirely wrong. More than anything else, he's deeply hurt, which is also his connection to Cloud.

oppositely, Cloud must face the fact, that he never made his own worth, and that he's less than he perceived himself to be. He even breaks under the preassure, rather than overcoming it.

And poor lying Tifa.... She saw it, but could'nt help because she loved a weak man. I think the Aeris twist was meant to be more about Tifa, in the end.

The game is all about it's characters and how they shape the world, which shapes them.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="MlauTheDaft"]

Edit:

MlauTheDaft

Edit:

Naw, I appreciate the thought you put into the plot but FF7's theme isn't really about your right to exist (I dunno how you got that) though it is somewhat about how one defines there worth. The game (and I completely think they dropped the ball making it about this but anyway) strays away from the issues I mentioned into essentially being a tale of chasing Sephiroth around the world while Cloud basically can't accept who he is and has to learn that you can't fake what you are. Hence the entire putting his memory back together segment (which was stupid but anyway) and his admittance to lying and denying who he was. But that said, I don't see where you got that his friends were endulging you or that he defined his worth as less than human. He wasn't as tough a mercenary not because he "over estimated his talents" but rather because he blatantly lied about it when he failed to make soldier. The Aeris plot was stupid and I refuse to talk about it. But FF7 is basically about stopping cry baby sephiroth from destroying the world with some hints of the jewish kabbalah with the tiferet and the sefirot. I don't buy that FF7 is about emotionally wounded people because the only person who even deserves to have a claim at being wounded is Sephiroth. You do not get to lie about your entire history as a person just to hide your shame. Doesn't work like that so I don't see much of a reason to feel for cloud. Besides that who am I suppose to mourn for? Vincent? lol. Yuffie? Bigger lol. Barret? Naw man. Cid? Nope. etc etc. If these characters are suppose to be wounded . . . well eh I don't have much to say.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#120 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Meh, they'll keep on spouting reason why they won't do until they decide to do it. The chances for a remake soon may be nil. The chances of an eventual remake remain around 100%.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#121 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

They actually think VII was the best?
:|

Shirokishi_
they obviously do. look around, all the spin offs, expansions, films, ovas, they are all about FF7, even lightning was made as a female version of cloud. square are just too full of themselves, they really need to get over FF7
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 lightleggy
[QUOTE="Fossil-"]X is nowhere close to VII, at least he agrees (or implied) on that. IX is arguably better than VII as well as some of the games that predate VII, but I assume he means a game in the modern era. In which case, yes X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2 are all worse than VII (and XI/XIV don't really count in the same way). For starters they should bring back the world map. Or make another SRPG since FFT is one of the best of the series.

This is really the bad part when discussing about FF with other fans they cant really agree on anything. I for one, hated FFIX, thought it was one of the worse RPGs I've played, boring character, an annoying battle system, boring plot, and I think it really falls short to the shadows of the previous games. I loved FFVIII, its my favorite FF by far, with FFX coming second, but I know lots of people hate them. FF7 was decent but it really doesnt deserve to be in the pedestal where it is now.
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#123 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

I'm surprised. They usually churn out remakes before they go out of style.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#124 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Sony E3 2005: The day Square Enix trolled everyone. :P

IX and XII > VII.

ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ohgeez
Member since 2011 • 919 Posts

Naw, I appreciate the thought you put into the plot but FF7's theme isn't really about your right to exist (I dunno how you got that) though it is somewhat about how one defines there worth. The game (and I completely think they dropped the ball making it about this but anyway) strays away from the issues I mentioned into essentially being a tale of chasing Sephiroth around the world while Cloud basically can't accept who he is and has to learn that you can't fake what you are. Hence the entire putting his memory back together segment (which was stupid but anyway) and his admittance to lying and denying who he was. But that said, I don't see where you got that his friends were endulging you or that he defined his worth as less than human. He wasn't as tough a mercenary not because he "over estimated his talents" but rather because he blatantly lied about it when he failed to make soldier. The Aeris plot was stupid and I refuse to talk about it. But FF7 is basically about stopping cry baby sephiroth from destroying the world with some hints of the jewish kabbalah with the tiferet and the sefirot. I don't buy that FF7 is about emotionally wounded people because the only person who even deserves to have a claim at being wounded is Sephiroth. You do not get to lie about your entire history as a person just to hide your shame. Doesn't work like that so I don't see much of a reason to feel for cloud. Besides that who am I suppose to mourn for? Vincent? lol. Yuffie? Bigger lol. Barret? Naw man. Cid? Nope. etc etc. If these characters are suppose to be wounded . . . well eh I don't have much to say.

ActicEdge

You didn't pay a lot of attention to the game did you. Cloud wasn't faking sh1t, aside from in the true flashback. He was psychologically unstable and had good reason to be. Tifa knew this, "indulged" his story because he was unstable, the entire game. Cloud was damaged because he was all tested on, She was damaged because the only person she new from her life who isn't dead is unstable and living somebody elses identity. Aeriths ex boyfriend's identity is assumed by cloud who becomes her new love interest shortly after his death which messes with her head. Then there's all the other sad side stories you underplayed. Death of Avalanche, barrett's adopted daughter of his murderous best friend, cid's dreams shattered... I dunno, there was a lot of good stuff in there, you must have been playing it while watching TV or something...

cgi15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 cgi15
Member since 2008 • 492 Posts

[QUOTE="MlauTheDaft"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

Edit:

Well really the plot is open to some interpretation, and I respect both of your views, but I think if you can't have some sort of emotional connection to any character in this game then that is really surprising. Vincent's love for Lucrecia, Barret's guilt over Dyne and his town, Cid's crushed aspirations for space flight, Yuffie's longing for respect from her father, Red XIII learning about his father's fate. This is just the main characters. If you include the side characters as well, each character feels real because none of them are perfect; each has something that makes them a person and not a video game character. And it is a good job by the designers to not shove this down your throat, but only give you a small glimpse (with the exception of Cloud, Sephiroth, Aerith, and Tifa).

I would suggest you play through it again and really key in on each character's experiences. That is what keeps me coming back to this game.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

This is very noble of Square Enix.

Now they can put the development resources that would have gone into a FF VII remake and focus on remaking Final Fantasy V and VI on the 3DS.

Plus, some more Bubble Bobble, Bust a Move, and Dragon Quest would be nice as well:D

CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 CLOUDsea
Member since 2012 • 1095 Posts

Something something FF_ is better than FFVII even though this is clearly in response to the massive begging and expectations for a FFVII remake.

raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#129 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts
hmmm why do sheep insisting VI is better than VII? hhmmm
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 lightleggy
hmmm why do sheep insisting VI is better than VII? hhmmmraskullibur
'cause it is
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Damn have you guys really beaten that many FF games? Geez I still have yet to beat one :( But the few I have played have been pretty good. I would actually like the chance to play FF7 remade. Or any older FF for that matter.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts
hmmm why do sheep insisting VI is better than VII? hhmmmraskullibur
Sheep get really jelly over these type of things that and it's cool to hate on FFVII these days. Even though it's dearly loved by millions of fans out there.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

[QUOTE="raskullibur"]hmmm why do sheep insisting VI is better than VII? hhmmmCrossel777
Sheep get really jelly over these type of things that and it's cool to hate on FFVII these days. Even though it's dearly loved by millions of fans out there.

Yeah, the hate is huge, especially from teenagers that were pissing diapers when VII released. But VI is a real masterpiece, with great characters, settings, & story. The praise is well deserved.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ohgeez

You didn't pay a lot of attention to the game did you. Cloud wasn't faking sh1t, aside from in the true flashback. He was psychologically unstable and had good reason to be. Tifa knew this, "indulged" his story because he was unstable, the entire game. Cloud was damaged because he was all tested on, She was damaged because the only person she new from her life who isn't dead is unstable and living somebody elses identity. Aeriths ex boyfriend's identity is assumed by cloud who becomes her new love interest shortly after his death which messes with her head. Then there's all the other sad side stories you underplayed. Death of Avalanche, barrett's adopted daughter of his murderous best friend, cid's dreams shattered... I dunno, there was a lot of good stuff in there, you must have been playing it while watching TV or something...

FF7 starts by trying to stop Shinra from killing the planet by extracting its magic/mako and Sephiroth doesn't even appears until the end of the game. Most of the game is Cloud and the rest running from Shinra because their organization (Avalanche) was discovered after the attack on one of the Mako Reactors at the beginning of the game. FF7 main plot since the beginning was about saving the planet from Shinra but things get complicated when somehow Jenova escapes from Shinra and takes Sephiroth's form to do her shenanigans.

No one knows what Jenova is but since the day she landed on the planet (she comes from space) all she does is cause havoc but then she gets beaten by the Weapons (the "natural" defense of Gaia) and Shinra takes her and uses her on different experiments, and one of those experiments was the creation of Soldier. Sephiroth was created from her (so he's basically a demi-god) and many of the people that are part of Soldier are carriers of her cells on top of being infused with mako. After she escapes from Shinra around the FF7 events all she does is going around the world looking for Sephiroth since he's part of her and she wants to be complete again to destroy everything but Sephiroth is sealed in the lifestream. When Sephiroth and Jenova talk about the Cetra those are just memories from an old civilization that was wiped out by Jenova when she first landed on the planet. In the same way she copied Sephiroth's image to move around in FFVII she uses the Cetra's stolen memories to give herself a motive or meaning and those memories are transfered to Sephiroth just like with Zack and Cloud. In conclusion, Sephiroth is not even a bad guy, he's just a puppet from Jenova.

Now about Cloud. He promised to Tifa that he would become Soldier to protect her and stuff and he failed but he never lied to anybody. During a visit to his village (while being part of Shinra's military) with Zack and Sephiroth, Cloud sees Tifa but he hides his face because he is not part of Soldier. During the night they stayed there Jenova did something that turned Sephiroth into a psycho and he ends up burning the village and killing Tifa's father. Then Zack saves Tifa from Sephiroth and gets beat up and Cloud stabs Sephiroth in the back with the buster-sword but he gets beat up too. After that Shojo takes the body of Cloud and infuses it with the cells from Zack (killed by Sephiroth) and Sephiroth (he threw himself into the lifestream) in an attempt to make another Super Soldier (since Sephiroth is now gone) just as powerful as Sephiroth but the Jenova cells rejected him (only the mako infusion worked). Then some time later (a couple of months, or maybe years?) Cloud escapes from Hojo's lab and ends up on Midgar and joins Avalanche because Tifa convinced him. His memories are fragmented due to the cell infusion and other experiments, that's all. If you see, he doesn't even cares about Tifa anymore until almost the end of the game, he prefers Aeris because of Zack's cells.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Is it a coincidence that the Best FF games revolve around adult characters rather than teenagers with teenage problems ?

Though FF9 they were teenagers.. they certaintly acted more adult and responsible than any of their other games..

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#136 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Just make Chrono Trigger 3D goddamnit.
Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Valknut4
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

[QUOTE="Crossel777"][QUOTE="raskullibur"]hmmm why do sheep insisting VI is better than VII? hhmmmsantoron

Yeah, the hate is huge, especially from teenagers that were pissing diapers when VII released. But VI is a real masterpiece, with great characters, settings, & story. The praise is well deserved.

If FF6 was remade, remasterd, and had the same budget FF7 got it would be better then Chrono trigger, but without those things it remains the 2nd best RPG of all time. FF7 is still an amazing game and probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite in the series if not tied with FFT or FF4. Aside from the materia system FF7 didn't really bust down any major walls for me, FF6 had good combat, FFT/5 had the job system which I adore, and FF4 has my all time fav story(Pending chrono trigger)

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
wada has bad taste confirmed? 1. FF7 isnt even the best ff game 2. FF7 already got surpassed 10 years ago with FFX 3. lol wada....GTFO of SE
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#139 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

[QUOTE="raskullibur"]hmmm why do sheep insisting VI is better than VII? hhmmmlightleggy
'cause it is

No it isnt.

Avatar image for greeneyedmonsta
greeneyedmonsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 greeneyedmonsta
Member since 2003 • 731 Posts

screw final fantasy, make a new chrono game already.

Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#141 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts

In that case, they should get to work on a remake of FFIX.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts
7 was the best. They will never make a better game. No remake ever. :(
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Final Fantasy 7 is by far my favorite game of all time, and i would much rather have Versus or Agnis Philosiphy than a FF7 remake. (Unless they completely revamped the battle system and got rid of random encounters).

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

Final Fantasy 7 is by far my favorite game of all time, and i would much rather have Versus or Agnis Philosiphy than a FF7 remake. (Unless they completely revamped the battle system and got rid of random encounters).

crimsonman1245
The alternative to random encounters is worse. How would you remove it from the game? If you take the FF12 route then that leads to avoiding encounters, which then leads to a need to grind later on. You can play through FF7 without ever needing to grind, unless you want to take on Ruby and Emerald. Random encounters is the best way to go, just lower the encounter rate in certain areas.