ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I'd just like to say that I'm glad my contribution could keep this fine thread alive, lol.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@parkurtommo said:

@ConanTheStoner: Dude come on. Concept artists are people who have been drawing sketching and painting for their entire career, you really think a concept artist would be even capable of PRETENDING to be THAT bad?? That quasi rule34 fan art by a 12 year old is definitely not concept art. Not to mention concept art actually has to be descriptive and show model details, scale, etc.

You're right man, it was hard to believe that any professional could have come anywhere near that piece for a number of reasons... but just the other day I saw a piece of game art that was literally nothing but some filled in sloppily done lasso selections with every layer style in the book applied to it. Seriously, drop shadows, inner glow, outer glow, bevel emboss, color overlay, outline... just about everything but the texture overlay. It was EXACTLY the same kind of shit I was doing the first day I used Photoshop lol.

Beyond the noobish intro to Photoshop use of tools, the image had zero balance. Not even a vague hint of thoughtful composition, or color balance.

I suppose after seeing that, I was primed and ready to believe that this might just be legit. Not like a complete piece of concept art, but some roughed out pre-production sketch to make sure everyone is on the same bukake loving page. A storyboard panel for money shots, if you will.

lol

Holy crap dude I made some amazing concept art for sahnic studios the other day though check it out! :P

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@parkurtommo said:

@ConanTheStoner: Dude come on. Concept artists are people who have been drawing sketching and painting for their entire career, you really think a concept artist would be even capable of PRETENDING to be THAT bad?? That quasi rule34 fan art by a 12 year old is definitely not concept art. Not to mention concept art actually has to be descriptive and show model details, scale, etc.

You're right man, it was hard to believe that any professional could have come anywhere near that piece for a number of reasons... but just the other day I saw a piece of game art that was literally nothing but some filled in sloppily done lasso selections with every layer style in the book applied to it. Seriously, drop shadows, inner glow, outer glow, bevel emboss, color overlay, outline... just about everything but the texture overlay. It was EXACTLY the same kind of shit I was doing the first day I used Photoshop lol.

Beyond the noobish intro to Photoshop use of tools, the image had zero balance. Not even a vague hint of thoughtful composition, or color balance.

I suppose after seeing that, I was primed and ready to believe that this might just be legit. Not like a complete piece of concept art, but some roughed out pre-production sketch to make sure everyone is on the same bukake loving page. A storyboard panel for money shots, if you will.

lol

Holy crap dude I made some amazing concept art for sahnic studios the other day though check it out! :P

such bloom, so next gen.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#55 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@speak_low: nope. Their fan base were the ones who attended Smash Fest.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

I lol'd

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

Oh man..... okay my tears have dried up and stomach's relaxed enough for me to finally post.

Damn I've not laughed so hard in a while.

And c'mon, you'd have to be blind not to see the implication from that concept art ReadingRainbow posted. Just the manner in which it's drawn is extremely suggestive (three....er...."guns" surrounding a completely passive recipient with its mouth open and how the paint looks), intentional or not that's pretty damn explicit. I'm honestly a bit surprised such a picture for such a game isn't causing more of an uproar considering the audience.

Yea, thanks for the laugh. Hopefully Nintendo can dodge this bullet before it blows up because I can see the potential for controversy given that pic.

EDIT: even if that's not official concept art, still a damn good joke I have to admit. Fooled me.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#58  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I think it's the hotpants. When there's hotpants boys start drooling, even if it's squids.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By 10854
Member since 2014 • 116 Posts

Me thinks your mind will enjoy this organic authority presents