Spider-Man causing PS4 Pro shortages at Bestbuy, Walmart, Amazon, and Target...

• 151 results
QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Anyone noticing this happening at their local stores and online? The Pros are either sold out or selling for $500 instead of the $400 they usually go for. I'm thinking it's Spiderman causing the Pro shortages. This is crazy, I've never seen any game do this. September NPD will be insane....

Amazon

Target

No Caption Provided

Bestbuy

Walmart

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

I thought it was also due to a parts shortage?

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Marvel has a huge fanbase

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By QuadKnight
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I thought it was also due to a parts shortage?

No it's not. The parts shortage affects all PS4 models not just the Pro. The regular PS4 Slim is readily available.

If it was just the parts shortage, the Slim would also be getting scarce.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By QuadKnight
@watercrack445 said:

Marvel has a huge fanbase

Exactly what I'm thinking. This is insane.

With news that Spider-Man's second week sales are eclipsing GOW in UK, I think Spider-Man is an absolute monster here in the US and it may be causing the Pro shortages. I don't think Sony anticipated the effect Spider-Man would have on their PS Pro stock. I've had a couple of my OG PS4 and PS4 Slim owning friends try to upgrade to Pro and then complain that they can't find stock anywhere locally.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

I was looking for one for my aunt last week and couldn't find one either and I wasn't going to pay 500-600 for a 399 system.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Your looking at third part sellers just like people on ebay tring to make money off of suckers! As of right now Amazon is also out of the regular Xbox one X.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

Good thing exclusives are selling so well (God of War, Spiderman). This should push MS to invest more in quality and original games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Now that Spider-Man is part of the MCU (Mavel Cinematic Universe) he's getting more popular by the day and like the above poster said, Marvel itself has a huge fanbase ever since MCU started 10 years ago with Iron-Man.

Also, let's not forget that this is the first ever Spider-Man game that's AAA develop from the ground up, not like from Activision who always outsource their games and boy, Insomniac Games really went deep into creating the best Spider-Man game as possible. It's why we are seeing shortage, I mean, look at the Pro 1TB custom console which comes with the game itself, for only $400, that's a fucking deal for the price, it's no surprise it's being sold-out. Wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday comes, that sucker will be sold-out, you better be camping on the front door to get an even better deal lol.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Spiderman is probably the largest improvement from the base to the pro model. Better shadows longer draw distance and a significant res boost.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

meh

whats the point of this thread?

that sony won sept NPD? meh

that spiderman is a great game? its 87 meh

that spiderman is selling great? we''ll see what liftetime sales are

that this proves exclsuives are more important that multiplats? thats not what cows said at the start of the gen.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@rrjim1 said:

Your looking at third part sellers just like people on ebay tring to make money off of suckers! As of right now Amazon is also out of the regular Xbox one X.

lol Nah brah, the Xbox one X is in stock and under $500 at that

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B074WPGYRF/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1537211884&sr=1-3&keywords=xbox%2Bone%2Bx&th=1

$481.31 to be exact.

EVERY PS4 Pro version on Amazon is currently over $500...

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=ps4+pro

^DA FACTS!

that's what AAA exclusive games will do lems!

Nice try though!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KBFloYd

@tgob89 said:
@rrjim1 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B074WPGYRF/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1537211884&sr=1-3&keywords=xbox%2Bone%2Bx&th=1

$481.31 to be exact.

Every pro version is currently over $500...

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=ps4+pro

^

Nice try though!

Sold by DealZone Distributors and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Sold by JAY-Tech+More and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

try again

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

You can always import it from south east asia.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By QuadKnight
@KBFloYd said:

meh

that this proves exclsuives are more important that multiplats? thats not what cows said at the start of the gen.

Octopath Traveller is an 83 and it didn't stop you from hyping it as a GOTY contender you butthurt clown. ? I see you're still mad Labo flopped hard and got rekt by GOW.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tgob89

@KBFloYd said:
@tgob89 said:
@rrjim1 said:

$481.31 to be exact.

^

Nice try though!

try again

Ummm...you do anything to disprove my point here lol.

Buddy said the Xbox one X is also out of stock...my link proves that is false. Also it proves that the X is less desirable then a PS4 Pro at the moment by the gaming community.

Not sure what you think that desperate reply was supposed to prove lol.

Maybe YOU need to try again, your sheep clothing is a little crooked there my lem brethren.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I was interested in upgrading to a Pro since my wife stole both my PS4's for Vue, Netflix, Hulu watching since she loves the interface. I can not find one, so I will wait until I can find a good deal on black friday and just pick up Spider-Man, my favorite Marvel hero, with it for a better price.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KBFloYd

@tgob89 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@tgob89 said:
@rrjim1 said:

$481.31 to be exact.

^

Nice try though!

try again

Ummm...you do anything to disprove my point here lol.

Buddy said the Xbox one X is also out of stock...my link proves that is false. Also it proves that the X is less desirable then a PS4 Pro at the moment by the gaming community.

Not sure what you think that desperate reply was supposed to prove lol.

Maybe YOU need to try again, your sheep clothing is a little crooked there my lem brethren.

you said it was not out of stock on amazon.

however, it is out of stock and you have to buy from a 3rd party seller.

that is all i'm disproving.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tgob89

@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:

meh

lol and a so called SHEEP talking about multiplats?

Sounds ligit....

let's be real, it's the same ol...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 QuadKnight
@tgob89 said:
@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:

meh

lol a so called SHEEP talking about multiplats?

Sounds ligit....

? That's the irony of it all. The Switch is not getting the multiplats he's hyping. PS4 gets all the multiplats in addition to its stellar exclusives and all those multiplats will sell best on PS4 lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator

@KBFloYd said:

meh

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I don’t know, I think it has more to do with the parts shortage myself. I don’t think that Sony manufactures the PS4 Pro in the same quantities as the PS4 Slim so naturally the Pro will become more scarce as both products get scaled back due to shortages.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By QuadKnight
@davillain- said:
@KBFloYd said:

meh

? Perfect.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

You have to be a fool to play $500 for the under-powered Potato! The Xbox One X crushes it!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By QuadKnight
@xhawk27 said:

You have to be a fool to play $500 for the under-powered Potato! The Xbox One X crushes it!

You'd have to be an even bigger fool to waste $500 on water cooler with no games that's getting beat in graphics by a less expensive console...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@xhawk27 said:

I rather pay $400 that has badass worthy exclusive games then paying $500 worthless box of NO exclusive games. Yeah you have to be a real fool to not go buy a PS4 at this point.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts
@KBFloYd said:

meh

You post Weekly MediaCreate to show Switch is selling in Japan. What's your point?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ReCloud

The good thing about being a Sheep/Cow is that I get to be happy about PS4's and Switch's success, since both are good to me, meanwhile, lemmings still have nothing lmao.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xhawk27

@davillain- said:
@xhawk27 said:

I rather pay $400 that has badass worthy exclusive games then paying $500 worthless box of NO exclusive games. Yeah you have to be a real fool to not go buy a PS4 at this point.

So you are saying you wouldn't pay $500 for the under-powered pro? The Xbox One X is way more powerful, it does enhanced BC games, It does have Console exclusive games, because some are on the PC too doesn't change the fact you can only play them on one console.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts

I think Sony is doing this on purpose to sell more consoles. They're stocking less consoles to sell more consoles. It's an artificial shortage and super anti-consumer. /s I'm really just poking fun at the dumb theories about how Nintendo caused an artificial shortage to sell more consoles.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ReCloud
@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:
@xhawk27 said:

So you are saying you wouldn't pay $500 for the under-powered pro? The Xbox One X is way more powerful, it does enhanced BC games, It does have Console exclusive games, because some are on the PC too doesn't change the fact you can only play them on one console.

Nobody wants to pay $500 to play enhanced old games. Do you buy new consoles to play old games? I do not and the average consumer also don't do it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 QuadKnight
@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:
@xhawk27 said:

PS4 Pro's normal price is $400 and that's what we paid for it. This price hike is because there's a shortage for it and the demand is high.

People are willing to drop extra money to play great exclusives on the PS4 Pro because it's worth that to them. Who the **** are you to tell them how to spend their money? No one gives a shit about the mediocre console exclusives on the FlopboneX or the fact it gets slightly better graphics on multiplats, and that's why it's gathering dust on shelves. The Spiderman PS4 Pro bundle is mostly sold out and is going for $600 at Amazon while FlopboneX Scorpio editions are gathering dust on shelves at $500 ?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KBFloYd

@luxuryheart said:

I think Sony is doing this on purpose to sell more consoles. They're stocking less consoles to sell more consoles. It's an artificial shortage and super anti-consumer. /s I'm really just poking fun at the dumb theories about how Nintendo caused an artificial shortage to sell more consoles.

yup, people didn't believe when switches were out of stock but now that it's the pro it's out of stock for realz.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Damn, a lot of roaches will be going cold this winter if they don't up production pronto! :(

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:
@xhawk27 said:

On paper yes, does it use it? No. Held back by the S and no exclusives to show of the power. The entry PS4 out does the X's supposedly super power tech. The X is a bigger rip off than the pro.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xhawk27

@recloud said:
@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:
@xhawk27 said:

Nobody wants to pay $500 to play enhanced old games. Do you buy new consoles to play old games? I do not and the average consumer also don't do it.

It's a great feature to have, anyone that says otherwise is a hater. You are paying $500 to have the most powerful console out now and to play all console multiplats the best. All you people waiting for the PS5 to be released next year, it's not going to happen. Not for 500 or less.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ReCloud
@xhawk27 said:
@recloud said:
@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:
@xhawk27 said:

It's a great feature to have, anyone that says otherwise is a hater. You are paying $500 to have the most powerful console out now and to play all console multiplats the best. All you people waiting for the PS5 to be released next year, it's not going to happen. Not for 500 or less.

1 - I never said it's not great to have.

2 - If people truly cared about that they'd: buy a PC or the X1 would sell like hotcakes, the first option seems to be the preferred one to those that care about slight better performance and graphics.

3 - Proof? AFAIK, we want PS5 to launch 2020/2021.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KBFloYd

@recloud said:
@KBFloYd said:

meh

You post Weekly MediaCreate to show Switch is selling in Japan. What's your point?

i just found the thread and thread title kind of weird. why not state what the thread is.

PS4PRO SOLD OUT BECAUSE OF SPIDERMAN. PS4SALES KING

or

EXCLUSIVES DONT MATTER HUH?

some shit like that. this thread is pretty amigious. i was trying to make sense of it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

RIP IN PEACE Exclusives dont sell systems.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ReCloud
@KBFloYd said:
@recloud said:
@KBFloYd said:

meh

i just found the thread and thread title kind of weird. why not state what the thread is.

or

some shit like that. this thread is pretty amigious. i was trying to make sense of it.

It's a quad's thread. It's obvious that he means that: PS4PRO is sold out because of spidey and that exclusives matter.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By QuadKnight
@xhawk27 said:
@recloud said:
@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:

The best looking games on consoles are Sony's exclusives though making this point worthless. People will rather have slightly worse looking multiplats and incredible mind blowing exclusives than a $500 paperweight with better looking multiplats and no games.

When people see trash like this on the FlopboneX with its 6Tflops of fail....

and then see this on the 4.2Tflop PS4 Pro...

they'd have to be nuts to go with the POS FlopboneX. You can't really blame them for picking the PS4 Pro. MS has not given them a reason to be hyped for the FlopboneX's extra power on paper. They are relying on multiplats and the multiplats just aren't looking as good as Sony's exclusive games.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KBFloYd

@recloud said:
@KBFloYd said:
@recloud said:
@KBFloYd said:

meh

or

It's a quad's thread. It's obvious that he means that: PS4PRO is sold out because of spidey and that exclusives matter.

he didn't say it like that. His Tc is like " you guys notice this in your area" is ps4 pro sold out there?

some bullshit like that.

so i was like what?

so i posted what the thread could really be about.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ReCloud

@KBFloYd: I guess you don't know quad then.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KBFloYd

@mandzilla said:

Damn, a lot of roaches will be going cold this winter if they don't up production pronto! :(

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tgob89

@xhawk27 said:

The X can't crush anything if no body wants it, LMFAO.

Poor lem it's like this for everyone but blind xbot loyalists like you...

Games >>>> M$ hype that you fell for wasting $500 on a door stop.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By QuadKnight
@KBFloYd said:
@recloud said:
@KBFloYd said:
@recloud said:

or

he didn't say it like that. His Tc is like " you guys notice this in your area" is ps4 pro sold out there?

some bullshit like that.

so i was like what?

so i posted what the thread could really be about.

I see reading comprehension is a problem for your dumb ass...

@quadknight said:

Anyone noticing this happening at their local stores and online? The Pros are either sold out or selling for $500 instead of the $400 they usually go for. I'm thinking it's Spiderman causing the Pro shortages. This is crazy, I've never seen any game do this. September NPD will be insane....

I clearly mention I think PS4 Pro is sold out because of Spider-Man. What an idiot, it's literally right there in front of you.

? Your butthurt over a PS4 exclusive doing well is literally making you blind....

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KBFloYd

@recloud said:

@KBFloYd: I guess you don't know quad then.

the opposite. i know he likes to claim ownage which is why this little stealth troll sales thread caught my attention.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

Hey, one day, the XBox could have shortages too. You guys just... need games to do that with.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts
@KBFloYd said:

meh

Yep. It proves all those things, while you're paying $20 bucks to have access to games from 1986.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KBFloYd

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@KBFloYd said:

meh

Yep. It proves all those things, while you're paying $20 bucks to have access to games from 1986.

dude i'd pay 200$ a year for nothing but atari games with online. luckily im not broke and like you sony hypocrites throwing your money at sony i'll do the same for nintendo.