Spider-Man 2 trailer already has 10 million views, on pace to dethrone Starfield!

• 92 results
ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

I mean people have some things they like and dont like. You say comic book nonsense but people love FPS and I find FPS are all crap and all play the same yep people love them.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45120 Posts

Wow another million, 10 million views!

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Talking of 10's

Xbox studios deathloop,10 out of 10

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Makes sense since the worldwide bovine brigade have nothing to play so multiple viewings of far in the future games is all they got. lol :P

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SolidGame_basic

@simple-facts said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Talking of 10's

Xbox studios deathloop,10 out of 10

Thank you MS for funding this game while Playstation gamers get to play it first 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#56  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Thank you MS for funding this game while Playstation gamers get to play it first 🤣

You mean Sony spent millions for a multiplatform game to not be on Xbox. 😂🤣

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

Man... cows are so butthurt over Starfield. All their denials about it, but as soon as a Starfield thread starts... BOOM! All, the usual suspects of super cows start a-typin'.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

so we are down to judging a game by how many views their announce trailers get??

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

@ivangrozny said:

Keep your hopes high, cows 🤣 No linear sand box game will ever outsell and be as popular as the next Skyrim in space.

If compare the lasting effect and impact on gaming legacy, Sony doesn’t even come close to Bethesda RPG contribution.

Spider-Man will outsell Starfield because it's on a poor selling Xbox platform alone. Game Pass will hurt its sales too. The upcoming Bethesda games will be their worst performing yet.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Get to play after Sony paid MS,then 70 dollars,thank you for subsidising deathloop 2,not on PlayStation

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5885 Posts

Nothing to play on PS5 so resorting to watching youtube videos :)

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6868 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

Spiderman will not even close to starfield at any shape or form. generic overdone third person assassins creed open world game with spidey skin.

Starfield is ambitious game. probably biggest game bethesda could ever do.

Spider-Man 2 will stomp Statfield... which will be nothing more then a Janky Fallout clone in space.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Spiderman will not even close to starfield at any shape or form. generic overdone third person assassins creed open world game with spidey skin.

Starfield is ambitious game. probably biggest game bethesda could ever do.

Can you show me what Starfield gameplay looks like?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Silentchief
@dimebag667 said:

@hardwenzen: I completely agree that this comic book nonsense has worn out it's welcome...10 years ago.

But the game could be awesome if they implemented a time mechanic, where you had to choose whether you help a random pedestrian, the cops, stop electro from doing whatever the hell he does, or making it to your date with Mary Jane. And consequences would be applied to the goals you failed; citizens hurl insults and put up anti spiderman banners, cops start hunting you, big bosses gain more territory, spawn more minions, learn new attacks (so your inevitable fight becomes harder, mj leaves you. Make people see what it feels like to be a superhero (good and the bad) and make the game more dynamic. I think that could cool

I'm so tired of hearing this shit. How many big budget Marvel games have come out the past 10 years? The answer 2.

I've been waiting forever for some decent Marvel games and Spider-Man was the best. I'm even more excited about Wolverine.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Silentchief
@simple-facts said:

cows lost the sales narrative,you tube views took it's place.

Damn if only they had a decent console or something to play

How did they lose the sells narrative when the PS5 is the fastest selling console ever?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9399 Posts

Not interested in Spider-Man, personally.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Silentchief

@hardwenzen said:
@davillain- said:
@hardwenzen said:

I would literally play anything over Spiderman or any other Superhero game. And after Miles, i don't know how does one get excited for these. The gameplay, especially ALL the side content is complete garbo.

You aren't a comic book fan. It's as simple as that.

But you, as a comics fan, i don't see what you're finding in this. The gameplay is🤢

Exactly, I've been waiting for great comic games since I was 10. Arkham was the first great series of Comic games and Spider-Man was the second. Wolverine I think will be amazing and hopefully it leads to a shared Marvel Universe within Playstation.

Spider-Man had some great side quest and the main story line was outstanding. They nailed every aspect of the characters perfectly.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@davillain- said:
@hardwenzen said:

I would literally play anything over Spiderman or any other Superhero game. And after Miles, i don't know how does one get excited for these. The gameplay, especially ALL the side content is complete garbo.

But you, as a comics fan, i don't see what you're finding in this. The gameplay is🤢

Exactly, I've been waiting for great comic games since I was 10. Arkham was the first great series of Comic games and Spider-Man was the second. Wolverine I think will be amazing and hopefully it leads to a shared Marvel Universe within Playstation.

Spider-Man had some great side quest and the main story line was outstanding. They nailed every aspect of the characters perfectly.

Sure, compared to very low standards of superhero games, Spiderman is good. Then you compare it to good open world titles such as Fallout New Vegas, and its🙃🤢

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Silentchief

@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@davillain- said:
@hardwenzen said:

Exactly, I've been waiting for great comic games since I was 10. Arkham was the first great series of Comic games and Spider-Man was the second. Wolverine I l be amazing and hopefully it leads to a shared Marvel Universe within Playstation.

Sure, compared to very low standards of superhero games, Spiderman is good. Then you compare it to good open world titles such as Fallout New Vegas, and its🙃🤢

Fallout new Vegas was an open world RPG. Spider-Man has great Combat, world traversal , boss battles and is extremely polished. It stomps the Assains Creed series. RPG elements wouldn't fit well in Spider-Man.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13665 Posts

Starfield is a new brand and ip. I think it's doing pretty well considering.

Spider-Man is an established story, an established ip, on an established console brand.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13665 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@ivangrozny said:

Keep your hopes high, cows 🤣 No linear sand box game will ever outsell and be as popular as the next Skyrim in space.

If compare the lasting effect and impact on gaming legacy, Sony doesn’t even come close to Bethesda RPG contribution.

Spider-Man will outsell Starfield because it's on a poor selling Xbox platform alone. Game Pass will hurt its sales too. The upcoming Bethesda games will be their worst performing yet.

Yeah, I'll care about your opinion on MSs business practices when you've built a two trillion dollar company.

Sony with their business ideas bought Firesprite... Ms bought Zenimax.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3057 Posts

@silentchief: My exhaustion with comic book media doesn't come exclusively from games, but rather the seemingly endless amount of passable, that you clowns eat like candy!

After 20+ MCU movies and 10+ marvel tv shows since '08, how much more can you take? That's at least 2 movies a year (3-5 a year when you add DC), every year, for 13 years straight! Not to mention the shows, the non MCU movies from before, the DC movies and shows, and games, and Fortnite crossovers, and on and on and on...

And after all that, you wanna play the victim? Yeah, ok.

That's where I'm coming from, but you were focusing more on the games, so I'll address that. I'm not saying Spiderman was a bad game, but it definitely isn't the masterpiece that so many claim it to be. The web-swinging was top notch, the city was good, the voicework and dialogue was much more cinematic (which pushes it towards the movies I'm so tired of), the graphics were fine, etc., but the gameplay is where it falls short. The gameplay is really nothing that I haven't done before, and at a lower caliber, IMO. Combat was serviceable but not as fun as Arkham Asylum, the boss fights were tedious and underwhelming, the side missions were taxing and unenjoyable (backpack collecting and those f'ing pigeons), the challenges weren't great, the canned car chase takedowns got old after a couple, the story is weak, the generic military enemies are uninspired, etc. At the end of the day it was nothing I hadn't done before, just with higher production. Then they plop out Miles Morales, and it's even worse. In fairness, I didn't play it, but I watched my roommate play through it and saw nothing to change my mind. Miles is a fine character, but the game has the same problems as the first; boring story, even worse enemies (purple d-bag kids), and so on. I also hate snow in games (and in general), but that's not a real flaw, just something I'm not going to like.

Now maybe they've got some big changes in store for the sequel, but I'm not holding my breath. If they used the ideas that I mentioned, they might have a hit on their hands;)

Unless they really do something special, I couldn't care less. And people like you really have nothing to worry about, because there is zero chance this stops with as much money as they're making. But sometimes to get something special you have to let it breathe. Star Wars used to do this, until Disney got ahold of them, and look what happened there. They are definitely the death of desire. It's hard to yearn for something that never goes away.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@jaydan: Okay but that's Microsofts problem. Sony still benefits from it being on their platform. Keep spinning though.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Pedro

You know things are rough when a new IP is comparable to a well established one. 😎

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:

You know things are rough when a new IP is comparable to a well established one. 😎

lmao you're already damage controlling the game one year ahead of time 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

lmao you're already damage controlling the game one year ahead of time 🤣

Damage controlling? Which part of my comment was damage controlling? I will wait. 😂🤣

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts
@Sagemode87 said:

@jaydan: Okay but that's Microsofts problem. Sony still benefits from it being on their platform. Keep spinning though.

What fanboy gibberish is this? I don't care about corporate emotions like that.

Just speaking the reality that Spider-Man is a MASSIVE multimedia franchise long before these video games existed, and conveniently accompanied with a highly relevant multi-billion dollar movie franchise.

No where in my post did I dispute whether or not Sony benefits from this (they do).

Fact is: you have non-gamer's looking at Spider-Man 2 whereas only gamer's are looking at Starfield. just stating the facts.

Don't believe me? Look no further:

Loading Video...

You're welcome.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:

Exactly, I've been waiting for great comic games since I was 10. Arkham was the first great series of Comic games and Spider-Man was the second. Wolverine I l be amazing and hopefully it leads to a shared Marvel Universe within Playstation.

Fallout new Vegas was an open world RPG. Spider-Man has great Combat, world traversal , boss battles and is extremely polished. It stomps the Assains Creed series. RPG elements wouldn't fit well in Spider-Man.

It does, but that's not an achievement. Yes it was very polished, but what matters most, the gameplay, was 5/10 worthy FOR ME. I do prefer open world rpg's, so NV wins by default, but there are other non rpg's such as the RDR series, which i enjoyed exponentially more.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Silentchief
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:

It does, but that's not an achievement. Yes it was very polished, but what matters most, the gameplay, was 5/10 worthy FOR ME. I do prefer open world rpg's, so NV wins by default, but there are other non rpg's such as the RDR series, which i enjoyed exponentially more.

Pfft the Traversal through the City and the boss battles were Epic. I give it a 9.5.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#80 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

The trailer was running on a PS5.

Spider-Man 2’s CGI-Quality Teaser Was Running in Realtime on PS5 Confirms Insomniac Dev

https://wccftech.com/spider-man-2-teaser-running-on-ps5-realtime/

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Definitely a sony shill

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1397 Posts

Starfield has a trailer?

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1042 Posts

Wow…can’t wait to play this…in 2023…and probably on PC 😆.

TumorStation5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#84 TumorStation5
Member since 2021 • 293 Posts

@GameboyTroy: Real time doesn't translate to real gameplay graphics.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Silentchief

@dimebag667: First of all movies and games are two completely different things. I wasn't talking about movies. That has nothing to do with this. I enjoyed the MCU till infinity war but I can say I don't give a shit about any of their new movies and everything DC has put out is trash outside of the Nolan Batman films and ZS first Superman.

And as far as games go I have skipped the vast majority comic related games my entire life because most have been complete trash. Growing up almost every comic book related game was a shitty low effort movie tie in. The only good games for their time were the X-men games created by Capcom and Konami in the early to mid 90s. Buy after the 32 bit Era it went all down hill from there until the Batman Arkham series. You can have your opinions on Spider-Man but honestly it was the best Marvel game ever. No it wasn't perfect but personally I loved the story and the boss fights were great for an open world game. They were far better then Arkham Knights tank battles and at least they didn't force a repetitive gimmick down your throat the entire game. The optional boss battles were cool to Taskmaster and Tombstone. I realize if you don't give a shit about the characters it won't mean much to you but no other Spider-Man game was even in the same league. And Wolverine is my favorite character of all time and he's never had a great a game and hasn't even been in a game in over a decade.

I'm all for high quality big budget super hero games and as of right now we have a grand total of 2 series that have done it right. I think Wolverine will be better then any of them. And it's a hell of alot better then that live service bullshit we were getting with Avengers or the slew of shitty Star Wars games. The industry has given us the same trash for decades. COD every dam year Battlefield every 2 years, another shitty generic live service SIFI shooter? Or how about another shitty Battle Royal game? Or better yet let's enjoy the 12th Assains Creed , 7 th Far Cry , or how about the 8th Halo( which has barely evolved) in 20 years. Oh better yet enjoy the new original Ip's that feature protagonist that are so cringe inducing I lose interest immediately. I'm sorry but more superhero games are the least of our worries.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By dimebag667

@silentchief: First of all, I never said movies and games were the same. I said my exhaustion of comic related media is largely because of the neverending stream of movies. It doesn't matter if it's games or movies, tv or cartoon, backpacks or cereal...I've had enough. Now that might change if they gave it a rest for a while, but that isn't going to happen. That being said, if you're saying spiderman (and 90% of Sony's lineup) isn't based on/trying to be movies...I don't know what to tell you. Hell, there's probably a whole movie's worth of cutscenes in the game.

Specifically with comic games, I don't disagree. Most of them (and games in general) are crap, but comparing most of them to spiderman (and it's $150 million+ budget) doesn't mean much. If you can't top the previous trash with 10x the budget...that's sad. But you are correct, it's the best marvel game. That's like being the strongest 8 year old in the world.

And I like how you lay out the blueprint of how to run something into the ground (cod, ac, be, Halo, far cry, etc), and in the same breath, champion something that's part of the most oversaturated property on the planet.

Again, you have nothing to worry about. As long as they're making millions on this, it's guaranteed to continue.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#87  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58975 Posts

Most likely boosted by the recent Marvel trailer, even though really has little to nothing to do with it.

And yea, not getting the Starfield hype. The footage shown wasn't terribly exciting and Bethesda have recent trouble with "game polish", even though, in reality it's not new at all, they've always just been given a free pass where others wouldn't.

Fallout 76 wasn't some new low, it's just one people picked up on more because it's MP and mechanics generally matter more in those games.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#88 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Venom = clicks.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Silentchief

@dimebag667:

I don't get the movie game argument it's ridiculous to me. Basically anything with high production values that tells a decent story is a movie game? That's ridiculous.

Spider-Mans gameplay to cutscene ratio was probably 80% gameplay 20% percent cut scenes... that's not a movie game. When I think if movie games I think of trash like Heavy rain or Detroit become human.

What am I championing that's an over saturated property? There will be a grand total of 3 quality Spider-Man games by 2023 and I expect Wolverine to play completely differently( probably won't even be open world). To link all comic shit together is like linking all sci-fi or fantasy together.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By dimebag667

@silentchief: Having a good story and high production doesn't inherently make it a "movie" game, but when cinematics, story and production takes a front seat to gameplay...you're basically playing a movie. Some games do it worse than others, but to act like it doesn't exist is ridiculous. David Cage games are definitely in the realm of "movie" games. Isn't he basically a wannabe film director? If anything, I would call them interactive stories. But the saving grace of those two are their different outcomes. The stories are fine, but the discussion between friends on how their game ended is what I find enjoyable in those titles. One of those every 5-10 years is my limit there. But if you think 20% of a game being cinematics is acceptable...I don't think we'll ever come to an understanding. Diablo 2 is one of my all time favorite games, and I loved the cutscenes in that game. They used them as exposition, and as a reward, but they are maybe half a percent of the game. That's what I call a game.

You want more big budget marvel games (that you deem worthy), I get it. I'm just sick of marvel; games, movies or otherwise...so I don't. Star Wars is one of my favorite properties, but after the atrocious 7,8,9, Rogue One, Solo, Mandalorian, Fallen Order, cartoons, and on and on...I'm out. They won't stop... but I wish they would.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Silentchief

@dimebag667: Well Spider-Man has 2 hours and 46 minutes of cutscenes in a 30 hour game. So realistically it's much less then 20%. If the cutscenes serve purpose and are well done I don't have an issue as long as It's accompanied by Quality gameplay. I love Diablo 2 its one of my favorite games but it's replayability( pvp and loot progression) is what made it special. You only play through the story once and forget the game even had a story that's why the cutscenes seem non existent. It only takes a few hours to beat the game on your first playthrough and once you have powered up you could do it in less then 20 minutes.

I get you are tired of Marvel but I'm nowhere near yet... at least not when it comes to games. The movies are getting tiresome though as they continue to make shit for characters nobody cares about. And after seeing the original IP's devs are coming out with I'd rather have sequels and remakes of franchises I care about... because the new shit isn't for me.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 dimebag667

@silentchief: Yeah I don't know man. Even on the lower end, having 10% of a game being cinematics is too much for me. But according to the sales numbers, I'm in the minority.

Maybe I'm just an odd duck, but I've probably replayed D2 at least 8 times, and never maxed out a character. For me, the story, atmosphere and variety of gameplay is what brings me back. The loot loop is kinda what turns me off. But you are correct that it's what keeps most people hooked. Either way, that game is special... and at least we can agree on that :) That and our disdain for new games. I've basically given up gaming because what's being offered doesn't interest me. There's surely something out there I would like, but it's so buried in garbage...I dunno.