Spencer: I Wish We Had Something Like Uncharted for Xbox

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

That's like someone from Sony saying they wish they had a Halo

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Instead of wishing get some 1st party studios going.....as my step dad always says "wish in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one fills up faster"

This damage control is so shit. You've done much better before.

That's weird because it isn't damage control....it's just damage. How is saying MS should get more 1st party studios damage controlling? That's a very unbiased statement.

lol I interpreted "shit in the other" as "buy exclusivity of third party games." Well, it's a hardly inaccurate connection.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Instead of wishing get some 1st party studios going.....as my step dad always says "wish in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one fills up faster"

That's weird because it isn't damage control....it's just damage. How is saying MS should get more 1st party studios damage controlling? That's a very unbiased statement.

lol I interpreted "shit in the other" as "buy exclusivity of third party games." Well, it's a hardly inaccurate connection.

It is inaccurate because Tomb Raider is not shit....

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I can't wait to play TR day one, and Bloodborne.

Hardware is Hardware. Games are games. I chose the latter scenario. :p

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Netret0120: We knew this a long time ago. Lemmings are just too blind and silly to ever publicly admit that on SW.

Uncharted>>> Any Xbox exclusive

To each their own, I'll take halo over it any day

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

And Sony wish they had Halo.

Difference is, Sony has spent year after year trying to match Halo and have failed miserably. MS are just taking a shortcut with TR LOL

tchbo

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

I thought Halo went downhill after 2? That's what I keep reading, and Bungie are not even involved anymore so Microsoft only owns a name. Not trying to be nasty or anything but if I were Microsoft I would trade and two future titles on Xbox One for a future Uncharted.
Two of their flagship titles (Gears, Halo) the original devs run away from.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Difference is, Sony has spent year after year trying to match Halo and have failed miserably. MS are just taking a shortcut with TR LOL

tchbo

Yeah I know! MS are great in taking short cut that is why you see stuff like RROD!

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

The xbone is incompatible with quality games like Uncharted.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

The first step in fixing any problem is recognizing there is one.

I'm liking Phil Spencer quite a bit in his new role. Maybe he can pull that division out of the huge shithole Mattrick drove it into.

NoahProa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NoahProa
Member since 2014 • 70 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@sukraj said:

@charizard1605 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Maybe they should stop with all the FPS games......and create some.

How many FPS games does Microsoft have, exactly?

way too many

Microsoft has exactly one active FPS franchise. That's less than Sony, incidentally.

Owned

Spencer is the best.

Actually all the Lemmings got owned because he just admitted that they have nothing to defeat Uncharted

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

MS does have an Uncharted type game...it's called Tomb Raider (2013). Yeah of course I know he is talking exclusive...just messing around. Honestly though, I would take TR over UC3 any day.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ni6htmare01

@coasterguy65 said:

MS does have an Uncharted type game...it's called Tomb Raider (2013). Yeah of course I know he is talking exclusive...just messing around. Honestly though, I would take TR over UC3 any day.

But I will take UC4 over Rise of the Tomb Raider any day even without seeing much from both games!

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@StormyJoe: Well now you're butthurt. Pitiful. How could you let someone on the Internet affect you in such a negative way... Especially on system wars.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#67 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Uncharted is gummy as eff where your success in a fight is not against the enemy but against the controller most of the time...

Nah. The controls are nice and smooth, I don't recall any issues on that front.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

Uncharted has been making lems dance since 2007

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#69  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I wish Microsoft had something like Banjo Kazooie on Xbox. No, not the N64 ports or Nuts and Balls - a new BK platformer.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#70 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

You know they totally had talent for one back in the day.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

You're right, it wasn't shit. It was just painfully mediocre and a smear on the TR name.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'm glad. The world needs a whole hell of a lot less games like Uncharted. I hope Microsoft seeks inspiration elsewhere. Just let that kind of game die a quiet death. That's my hope anyways. I just want the kind of campaigns that Call of Duty popularized to stop being such a trend altogether. They're like a de-evolution of gaming. Besides Sony is already trying to make a second Uncharted series with The Order anyways.

P.S. why does Spencer think Uncharted is an action adventure series? It've very clearly a straight up TPS.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#73 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: Well, they did buy Rare, albeit with about 20 percent of the original talent.

Then they closed down Ensemble Studios, who shockingly, made a decent console RTS as their last hurrah. There's Robot Studios (Rise of Nations, AOE Online).

Oh, and Uncharted is built around one strong lead (Nathan Drake), his eccentric mentor/sidekick, and not much else. Frankly, Uncharted isn't a very strong universe compared to Halo or Mass Effect.

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

I guess they could make another Crimson Skies game. It had an Indiana Jones fell to it and the main character is even called Nathan.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@sukraj said:

@charizard1605 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Maybe they should stop with all the FPS games......and create some.

How many FPS games does Microsoft have, exactly?

way too many

Who the **** are you talking to? I'm the one with the fucking dick!

Anyway, Spencer comments are ironic considering how much of an influence Gears was on Uncharted.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#76 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: Isn't Gears technically a 2nd party game?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Certainly. Its a great series. I don't know why a console manufacturer wouldn't want something like that.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@getyeryayasout said:

I thought that that's why they rented Tomb Raider.

hahah..rented..lol

lol.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 cainetao11

@Pikminmaniac: I'm glad. The world needs a whole hell of a lot less games like Uncharted. I hope Microsoft seeks inspiration elsewhere. Just let that kind of game die a quiet death. That's my hope anyways. I just want the kind of campaigns that Call of Duty popularized to stop being such a trend altogether. They're like a de-evolution of gaming. Besides Sony is already trying to make a second Uncharted series with The Order anyways.

P.S. why does Spencer think Uncharted is an action adventure series? It've very clearly a straight up TPS.

I do agree to a degree. I hope both would take some influence from Nintendo's focus on gameplay. But what they know sells is big, almost MOVIES games, so I think Spencer knows this. Uncharted is fvcking great. I still prefer uncharted 2 as ND's best game. And any platform would do well to have it. As any would to have Halo or Mario kart.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#80  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Maybe if Microsoft would do a better job in investing into 1st party studios instead of letting every new IP escape them they could have a game like Uncharted.

Microsoft really needs to learn the key to long term success is with the 1st party. Look at Nintendo.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

@coasterguy65 said:

But I will take UC4 over Rise of the Tomb Raider any day even without seeing much from both games!

Why? Because it is an Uncharted game so it automatically gets a pass, or it's a Naughty Dog game so it gets a pass? We've seen what? A two minute trailer of the game.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ni6htmare01

@coasterguy65 said:

@ni6htmare01 said:

@coasterguy65 said:

Why? Because it is an Uncharted game so it automatically gets a pass, or it's a Naughty Dog game so it gets a pass? We've seen what? A two minute trailer of the game.

Is Naughty plus Neil Druckman! (for me at least.)

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#83 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

That's like someone from Sony saying they wish they had a Halo

halo is nothing but a name now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 cainetao11

@edwardecl: I thought Halo went downhill after 2? That's what I keep reading, and Bungie are not even involved anymore so Microsoft only owns a name. Not trying to be nasty or anything but if I were Microsoft I would trade and two future titles on Xbox One for a future Uncharted.

Two of their flagship titles (Gears, Halo) the original devs run away from

Wait, so the basis of halo going downhill is "on what you read"? I read uncharted 3 was weak, but I played it and enjoyed it. Reviews and personal experience have told me halo is still pretty great, and I think uncharted 4 will be as well.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Well they have 1 month exclusive CoD dlc LOL

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Not to be a downer, because I see uncharted appeal and rather enjoy them myself, but for me not uncharted game has come close to my goty in any release... I usually praise the games with competent and impressive gameplay over the games that push it further down the ladder. Uncharted is gummy as eff where your success in a fight is not against the enemy but against the controller most of the time... I hold hope that UC4 does better, as tlou did.

Truly on topic though, ms lost my business this gen because they don't practice what they're preaching. 500 bucks for a console with only a small hand full of games I can't get anywhere else, and some of those franchises are beaten to death... nah, I'll wait. When Spencer starts showing new exclusive ip I'll start listening.

Oh please shut up with that bullshit. What's on the PS4? Mostly indies, multi-plats, timed exclusives and F2P multi-plats. So take all of them away and what's left? A small handful of big budget exclusives some of which are getting pretty long in the tooth as well. Hmm.. seems familiar?

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@RR360DD said:

tchbo

*Slurp* *Slurp*

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@RR360DD said:

tchbo

A dying series? I doubt it....and they are moving more consoles so I'm betting they are pretty happy.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

@slim70: you aren't talking to any sort of a sony apologist so no need to come on so strong friend. Sony has issues of their own and I agree they have some franchises that do absolutely nothing to illicit even a whiff of excitement (ahem! God of war, killzone, little big planet)

Also, no need to explain the current situation... it's truly been some of the slowest months of gaming post launch I can remember... Ps4s two best games are indies and one of them came out at launch. XOne has a few notable exclusi... errr wait a minute, ryse is multiplat and so is dead rising.... and forza is, well... part of the core 4 that comes around every year. Great franchise... beaten to death. For me.

I stand by what I said...

As a faithful xbox and xbox 360 owner tell me what content I should be saving up for an XOne for? Shit, gamescom hottest xone news was over a multiplat. I have a ps4 for multiplats. So while yeah I think both consoles presently kinda underwhelm, I'm still not seeing a future that warrants a purchase atm.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I'm not surprised. It's a good series, that has sold well... Both companies want something akin to the other's IPs... I'm sure Sony would love something along the lines of Halo.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#91  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Maybe if Microsoft would do a better job in investing into 1st party studios instead of letting every new IP escape them they could have a game like Uncharted.

Microsoft really needs to learn the key to long term success is with the 1st party. Look at Nintendo.

Aaaand look at Sony.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#92  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

I thought that that's why they rented Tomb Raider.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Then go make one Phil. You have the resources to make it happen.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

I dont, Xbox has plenty of linear cinematics

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts
@farrell2k said:

...Uncharted was the biggest snooze fest of last gen

I think you've lost yo mind, the Uncharted games were some of the most fun i had last gen particularly Uncharted 2.

Too say they were boring and uninteresting makes me think you either have a 360 and cant play them or are simply jealous because you have a 360 and cant play them.

Many many reviews from many different sources all agree, you seem to be the exception and have you heard the saying 'they cant all be wrong'?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

lol....Ms First party....hahahahaha

honestly with the exception of Naughty Dog, that haha needs to work both ways. Both MS and Sony got mediocre first party, Sony just has more mediocre first party to work with+Naughty Dog being potentially legit after Uncharted 2+The Last of Us.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

You don't think the folks at Sony wish they had their own "Halo" or "Gears Of War"? Or Mario, Zelda, or Metroid?

Exactly. Sony even tried to have their own Halo competitor, just never worked out.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

I'm glad. The world needs a whole hell of a lot less games like Uncharted. I hope Microsoft seeks inspiration elsewhere. Just let that kind of game die a quiet death. That's my hope anyways. I just want the kind of campaigns that Call of Duty popularized to stop being such a trend altogether. They're like a de-evolution of gaming. Besides Sony is already trying to make a second Uncharted series with The Order anyways.

So you're insecure with a type of game existing for people who like that shit, because it doesn't fit into your criteria of what is a good game.

Truly a magnificent thought process.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@RR360DD said:

tchbo

A dying series? I doubt it....and they are moving more consoles so I'm betting they are pretty happy.

So a series where the latest entry (Halo 4) sold 8 million+ is dying?

I guess the Uncharted series has never been alive as its never reached those sales.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@Stringerboy:

Apparently not, according to Spencer.