Sony's New Hit Exclusive Doesn't Have Saving, Requires You To Play It In Lengthy Runs, And Is Having Crashing Issues...

• 106 results
Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

And Housemarque is saying it's the PS5's fault

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/05/returnal_crashes_may_be_sonys_problem_other_bugs_being_investigated

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

This is an issue with the platform. We've sent our report to [Sony]. Specifically, it has something to do with the pre-start system.” We haven’t got a clue what the pre-start system is, but that doesn’t sound good, does it?

Not knowing how stuff works is a developer issue, not trying to point blame. But no one else has had problems, hope it gets fixed.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

This is an issue with the platform. We've sent our report to [Sony]. Specifically, it has something to do with the pre-start system.” We haven’t got a clue what the pre-start system is, but that doesn’t sound good, does it?

Not knowing how stuff works is a developer issue, not trying to point blame. But no one else has had problems, hope it gets fixed.

if you read the bit correctly it means PushSquare haven't got a clue, not Housemarque

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

TC, did you research the game before posting? It's A Roguelite game, you're not meant to save whenever you want, it defeats the purpose. I've played the game for 18 hours already and it crashed only once on me.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Does the game really not have any form of saved progression, or are Playstation fans just not accustomed to roguelikes?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Lemmings are upset because a game doesn't hold their hand lol.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic

@jaydan said:

Does the game really not have any form of saved progression, or are Playstation fans just not accustomed to roguelikes?

It does save when you hit certain milestones like beat a boss or if you aquire a permanent weapon or item. Your guns also progress and the upgrades carry over too. Also, the game will also allow you to buy certain items once per cycle for example an item that resurrects you upon death. There is also an option to buy a one time use checkpoint in case you die.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jaydan

@SolidGame_basic said:
@jaydan said:

It does save when you hit certain milestones like beat a boss or if you aquire a permanent weapon or item. Your guns also progress and the upgrades carry over too. Also, the game will also allow you to buy certain items once per cycle for example an item that resurrects you upon death. There is also an option to buy a one time use checkpoint in case you die.

Soooo.... Playstation fans don't know roguelikes. Got it.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Howmakewood

@SolidGame_basic said:

TC, did you research the game before posting? It's A Roguelite game, you're not meant to save whenever you want, it defeats the purpose. I've played the game for 18 hours already and it crashed only once on me.

but most roguelite's do save, like lets say Hades saves every time you enter a new room and you can save&quit whenever. Just having the game autosave at certain points would be great, incase you want to play another game with your buddies, your kid wants to play something, your console fails to boot from rest mode properly etc. If people really want to "cheat" in a singleplayer game by moving saves to usb and so on, let em.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@howmakewood said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

but most roguelite's do save, like lets say Hades saves every time you enter a new room and you can save&quit whenever. Just having the game autosave at certain points would be great, incase you want to play another game with your buddies, your kid wants to play something, your console fails to boot from rest mode properly etc. If people really want to "cheat" in a singleplayer game by moving saves to usb and so on, let em.

Oh, I see. Got it.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

The meltdowns this game are creating are amazing.

It’s the best Roguelike i’ve played, and i’ve played a lot.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Howmakewood

@SolidGame_basic said:
@howmakewood said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Oh, I see. Got it.

I get what you most likely meant that people would save then try a boss and if they die, hit load and try again

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jaydan

@sheevpalpamemes said:

The meltdowns this game are creating are amazing.

It’s the best Roguelike i’ve played, and i’ve played a lot.

I just can't tell who's having bigger meltdowns over the game: Playstation fans or the haters.

I'll tell you one thing: some Playstation fans seem quite bewildered over this game.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic

@howmakewood: yea that's exactly what I was thinking.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

OP do you have a death wish? This game is systems wars material 99% of love this game and your attacking it think about that for a second I said is this a game to buy ps5 and 90% were saying this looks great now you made this thread did you even think before you created it.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SheevPalpamemes

@jaydan: It’s something you have to experience. The game is truly that good. I hope it goes to xbox so you guys can try it out. Only thing about that is the dualsense feedback that puts the game on another level.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SolidGame_basic

@sheevpalpamemes said:

@jaydan: It’s something you have to experience. The game is truly that good. I hope it goes to xbox so you guys can try it out. Only thing about that is the dualsense feedback that puts the game on another level.

the 3d audio is pretty good too. Really immersive. Only thing that sucks about headphones is that it's hard to use them when people are in the house 😄

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69473 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes said:

The Dualsense is overrated.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jaydan

@sheevpalpamemes said:

I believe you. Everything I see about the game looks exactly like the kind of game I would get lost in.

Whenever I do get the PS5 Returnal will be a must-own for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:
@sheevpalpamemes said:

The Dualsense is overrated.

Why have you bought one have you used one why is it overrated it looks epic to me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

A 9/10 IS A 9/10. GET OVER IT, KIDDO.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Hope they patch all the technical issues and bad game design so that reviewers can update the scores to 10/10, maybe even 11.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SheevPalpamemes

@Pedro: how far are you in Returnal?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

A 9/10 IS A 9/10. GET OVER IT, KIDDO.

Oh really! I think you need to dial down that excitement to medium. 😉

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro
@ProtossRushX said:

Why have you bought one have you used one why is it overrated it looks epic to me.

Yes and the claims overstates what it offers.

@sheevpalpamemes said:

Nowhere.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Yes and the claims overstates what it offers.

@sheevpalpamemes said:

Nowhere.

So you've got the ps5 you got the dual sense your playing returnal with all of its features on and your saying its not living up to hype other people are saying correct?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:

So you've got the ps5 you got the dual sense your playing returnal with all of its features on and your saying its not living up to hype other people are saying correct?

I don't need to play Returnal to make the statement that the Dualsense is overrated. Let me ask you, do you have a PS5?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:
@ProtossRushX said:

I don't need to play Returnal to make the statement that the Dualsense is overrated. Let me ask you, do you have a PS5?

Bro I never claimed that the dualsense was overrated or rated anything why would it matter if i have one your the one making the statement on the dual sense i just was asking i dont like ppl bad mouting or praising stuff unless they have it an are using it everyday etc like i dont trust reviews unless they got like 100+ hours into a game an stuff

drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 drummerdave9099

@SolidGame_basic said:

Correct. I am saying the issue is is the game worth playing if its going to crash when I've made good progress?

drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 drummerdave9099
@SolidGame_basic said:
@jaydan said:

If I've made progress like you're saying and then the game crashes on that same run do I lose it forever until I do it again?

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Not my cup of tea.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yea i saw a video of some african american called gamer2323. the dude battled so hard and beat the 1st stage and then it crashed on him.

this is shitty programming by the developers. not sony's fault.

game was probably rushed out before ratchet and clank to get sales from starving ps5 customers.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SheevPalpamemes

@Pedro: So you never tried it but it’s overrated?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I think the haptic and espectially the adaptive triggers are overrated as hell, but the comfort of the controller is not. The comfiest controller i've used, easily.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@sheevpalpamemes said:

@Pedro: So you never tried it but it’s overrated?

You may need to learn the difference between hardware and software. 😂

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NathanDrakeSwag

@KBFloYd said:

yea i saw a video of some african american called gamer2323. the dude battled so hard and beat the 1st stage and then it crashed on him.

game was probably rushed out before ratchet and clank to get sales from starving ps5 customers.

Why do you blatantly lie for?

Here's the video you're talking about:

Loading Video...

The game didn't crash. He died to the boss. I really don't believe you're a sheep because your hatred for Sony is irrational and you never say anything bad about Microsoft. You're a lemming in sheeps clothing.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KBFloYd

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@KBFloYd said:

Loading Video...

The game didn't crash. He died to the boss. I really don't believe you're a sheep because your hatred for Sony is irrational and you never say anything bad about Microsoft. You're a lemming in sheeps clothing.

6:15-6:20

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NathanDrakeSwag

@KBFloYd said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@KBFloYd said:

Loading Video...

Well it's good to know you lemtots are watching games on YT instead of actually playing anything lol.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KBFloYd

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@KBFloYd said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Loading Video...

Well it's good to know you lemtots are watching games on YT instead of actually playing anything lol.

i got to stay up to date on consoles i dont play for that system wars ammo.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

From this

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

to this when proven wrong

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Wasn't touching that, but glad someone did lol ^^

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@Pedro: The only ownage around here was that 9/10 that got your best friend banned lol. Your faction is still making meltdown threads like this one over it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@Pedro: The only ownage around here was that 9/10 that got your best friend banned lol.

You got owned son and like they say

Avatar image for deactivated-62852ef1135c6
deactivated-62852ef1135c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-62852ef1135c6
Member since 2021 • 1322 Posts

I honestly didn't expect the game to cause this much butthurt. I think the 9/10 really snuck up on lems. Sony has a roguelike gem on their hands, it seems.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NathanDrakeSwag

@Pedro: How so? Unlike you, I own the game. Sorry that you're forced to be a Youtube gamer lol.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NathanDrakeSwag
@wandering_halls said:

I honestly didn't expect the game to cause this much butthurt. I think the 9/10 really snuck up on lems. Sony has a roguelike gem on their hands, it seems.

I expected Ragnarok or Forbidden West to cause this many meltdowns and casualties. It really is shocking that lemmings picked Returnal as their hill to die on. I guess they've just accepted defeat.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pedro

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@Pedro: How so? Unlike you, I own the game. Sorry that you're forced to be a Youtube gamer lol.

You said he was lying, you used a video as proof and the video you used was used to prove that you didn't know what you were talking about. Self owned.😂🤣

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@Pedro said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You said he was lying, you used a video as proof and the video you used was used to prove that you didn't know what you were talking about. Self owned.😂🤣

Whatever makes you feel better during these dark times for lemmings, buddy. I wouldn't want you to go off and get banned too so sure, I'm "self owned". Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to play some more Returnal while you mourn the loss of your friend and search Youtube for crashes lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pedro

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Whatever makes you feel better during these dark times for lemmings, buddy. I wouldn't want you to go off and get banned too so sure, I'm "self owned". Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to play some more Returnal while you mourn the loss of your friend and search Youtube for crashes lol.

I accept yourself ownage. Let us hope your PS5 doesn't crash.😂