Sony Sold More PS3s In Two Days Then Microsoft Sold 360s In A Month

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

"Sony's PlayStation 3 console has enjoyed a record-breaking launch in Europe, with about 600,000 sold in the first two days, despite its being the last and most expensive of the new games machines to come on the market."

"The sales figure compares with about 500,000 Xbox 360 consoles sold by Microsoft in Europe in the first month after its release in December 2005. Nintendo sold about 700,000 Wii consoles in Europe in the month after its launch last December."

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/4a4dc0ee-dd67-11db-8d42-000b5df10621.html

PS3 breaking records 360s breaking down.

vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts
They didnt come close to shippinig as many units as Sony did.... If they did, the numbers would have been closer....
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
....Wow.
arabi_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 arabi_89
Member since 2006 • 1299 Posts
thats cool for ps3 fans, is that only europe tho ? or + NA launch
jazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jazreal
Member since 2006 • 2736 Posts

"Sony's PlayStation 3 console has enjoyed a record-breaking launch in Europe, with about 600,000 sold in the first two days, despite its being the last and most expensive of the new games machines to come on the market."

"The sales figure compares with about 500,000 Xbox 360 consoles sold by Microsoft in Europe in the first month after its release in December 2005. Nintendo sold about 700,000 Wii consoles in Europe in the month after its launch last December."

InfamousC
AND they still suck!!!! Jazreal sings "TOO LITTLE TOO LATE" :P
Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

so....doesn't change the fact that it's overpriced and has no good games to play

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Makes sense to me. It's a new console launch.
walter1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 walter1975
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts

Who cares? You have no games to play. And stop saying wait a year. Microsoft isn't going to stand idle while games finally come out on the PS3. Have fun watching Talledaga Nights for the hundredth time and playing that stupid dirt bike game. Leave the hardcore gaming to the 360.

jfkunrendered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 jfkunrendered
Member since 2005 • 8298 Posts
The UK didnt get the memo...Sony is out and Microsoft/Nintendo is in!
AdolescentDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 AdolescentDon
Member since 2005 • 9081 Posts
PS3's are in stock everywhere... There isn't a single shop in my area that has sold out.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Good News about Sony is not allowed here.

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

The pre-orders built up over the months, so the console shifted loads of units on launch. We should really be seeing how long the pre-orders took to get as high as they did; because the Wii sold out in minutes on some websites.

Both the PS3 and PSP hold records for the fastest selling system (of their class): both came out long after pre-orders started

Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
Two days and they still didn't sell out at launch!!
jazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jazreal
Member since 2006 • 2736 Posts
Two days and they still didn't sell out at launch!!Warfust
agreed....and wasnt there another console out there that DID sell out its first day...and we couldnt even get one online for awhile?...hmmm.. let me think. :P good call War
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
I love fanboys and their logic. Here is one for you. New systems this gen breaks old records for 1 simple reason. Supply. Each launch has had more supply. This is why its only Ps3 that hasnt sold out, that and very few god games, but wii is hardily that much better. 360 and Wii, both sold out for months after launch. Ps3 not soldout on day one. You cant spin that.
degeneraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 degeneraz
Member since 2003 • 456 Posts
Xbox360 and Wii had stock issues. But the PS3 is the ONLY NEXT GEN CONSOLE NOT TO SELL OUT
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
Makes sense to me. It's a new console launch.DaysAirlines
What does that mean? 360 was a new console launch also, the fact is, it sold slower... much slower.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KeyWii
I just love hearing this kind of stuff because you don't know how many Lemmings and Microsoft reps were proclaiming the PS3 a failure in Europe.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 InfamousC

thats cool for ps3 fans, is that only europe tho ? or + NA launcharabi_89

those are european sales only.

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 InfamousC

The UK didnt get the memo...Sony is out and Microsoft/Nintendo is in!jfkunrendered

um the UK had the biggest launch. did you even read the article?

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 InfamousC

I love fanboys and their logic. Here is one for you. New systems this gen breaks old records for 1 simple reason. Supply. Each launch has had more supply. This is why its only Ps3 that hasnt sold out, that and very few god games, but wii is hardily that much better. 360 and Wii, both sold out for months after launch. Ps3 not soldout on day one. You cant spin that.ps3-nikita

wasn't the ps3 suppose to flop in europe because of its high price point?

Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts

A launch console sold more than a console that's been out for a year :|

Amazing...

Toaster_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Toaster_Cell
Member since 2006 • 3062 Posts
PS3s are cheaper in places in Europe, such as the UK, therefore more tempting. Cows will cling onto anything wthout seeing it logically or atleast with common sense :roll:
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
PS3s are cheaper in places in Europe, such as the UK, therefore more tempting. Cows will cling onto anything wthout seeing it logically or atleast with common sense :roll:Toaster_Cell
Haha Cheaper in the UK? Very arrogant statement.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

InfamousC
Wow. Awesome. I didn't expect it to do that well.
zzzaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zzzaaa
Member since 2003 • 616 Posts

Amazing...

thirstychainsaw

If you actually read the article. It said that the 360 sold 500,000 consoles the first month it was out in Europe. The PS3 sold 600,000 in 2 days.

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mass_Effect

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Makes sense to me. It's a new console launch.KeyWii
What does that mean? 360 was a new console launch also, the fact is, it sold slower... much slower.

That was a case of demand>Supply

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KeyWii

[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Makes sense to me. It's a new console launch.Mass_Effect

It's nice to have that excuse to fall back on. Microsoft had weekly shipments for the entire month.
DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts

[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"]I love fanboys and their logic. Here is one for you. New systems this gen breaks old records for 1 simple reason. Supply. Each launch has had more supply. This is why its only Ps3 that hasnt sold out, that and very few god games, but wii is hardily that much better. 360 and Wii, both sold out for months after launch. Ps3 not soldout on day one. You cant spin that.InfamousC

I'd say the ONLY next gen console to NOT sell out is flopping. available in every store? flop tacular
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 InfamousC

Amazing...

thirstychainsaw

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mass_Effect

PS3s are cheaper in places in Europe, such as the UK, therefore more tempting. Cows will cling onto anything wthout seeing it logically or atleast with common sense :roll:Toaster_Cell

Please tell me you're joking? I feel insulted by the suggestion that we get the PS3 "cheap" here in the UK

DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts
[QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]

[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Makes sense to me. It's a new console launch.KeyWii

It's nice to have that excuse to fall back on. Microsoft had weekly shipments for the entire month.

Funny how it STILL sold out those shipments, isn't it
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 InfamousC
[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"]I love fanboys and their logic. Here is one for you. New systems this gen breaks old records for 1 simple reason. Supply. Each launch has had more supply. This is why its only Ps3 that hasnt sold out, that and very few god games, but wii is hardily that much better. 360 and Wii, both sold out for months after launch. Ps3 not soldout on day one. You cant spin that.DoctorBunny

I'd say the ONLY next gen console to NOT sell out is flopping. available in every store? flop tacular

they are able to meet deamnd manage to sell only 600k units in two days but it was a flop because it didn't sell out. okay. gotcha. :roll:

ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts
[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

asmallchild

Wow sony cost more but still sells more looks like blu-ray was needed after all. Now the only market left for the 360 is NA it seems if this trend continues.

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 asmallchild
[QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"]I love fanboys and their logic. Here is one for you. New systems this gen breaks old records for 1 simple reason. Supply. Each launch has had more supply. This is why its only Ps3 that hasnt sold out, that and very few god games, but wii is hardily that much better. 360 and Wii, both sold out for months after launch. Ps3 not soldout on day one. You cant spin that.InfamousC

they are able to meet deamnd manage to sell only 600k units in two days but it was a flop because it didn't sell out. okay. gotcha. :roll:

I've never understood deluded fanboys who tried to equate store stock with system failure. That is one desperate way to discredit the success of the PS3 thus far in Europe.
Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mass_Effect
[QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]

[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Makes sense to me. It's a new console launch.KeyWii

They were sold out basically as soon as they arrived. Therefore Demand>Supply

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 asmallchild
[QUOTE="asmallchild"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

ChiChiMonKilla

Wow sony cost more but still sells more looks like blu-ray was needed after all. Now the only market left for the 360 is NA it seems if this trend continues.

I see them improving markedly in the NA once some nice games come out. (Getting my hands on Oblivion tomorrow! :))
readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts
PS3s are cheaper in places in Europe, such as the UK, therefore more tempting. Cows will cling onto anything wthout seeing it logically or atleast with common sense :roll:Toaster_Cell
Cheap in the UK as in most expensive place in the world t obuy a PS3? Maybe i misunderstand your argument.
T-Aldous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 T-Aldous
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Makes sense to me. It's a new console launch.Beowulf935

It had smaller shipments, idiot.

Whoopie! the ps3 sold a little over half of their systems! Everyone else sold out. The cows forget to mention that.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KeyWii
[QUOTE="Beowulf935"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Makes sense to me. It's a new console launch.T-Aldous

Whoopie! the ps3 sold a little over half of their systems! Everyone else sold out. The cows forget to mention that.

They sold out over the course of a month, has it been a month for the PS3 yet? No. They sold 60% in 2 days.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"]I love fanboys and their logic. Here is one for you. New systems this gen breaks old records for 1 simple reason. Supply. Each launch has had more supply. This is why its only Ps3 that hasnt sold out, that and very few god games, but wii is hardily that much better. 360 and Wii, both sold out for months after launch. Ps3 not soldout on day one. You cant spin that.asmallchild

I've never understood deluded fanboys who tried to equate store stock with system failure. That is one desperate way to discredit the success of the PS3 thus far in Europe.

exactly, i wonder if the PS3 had only 10k units available and sold out what would they be saying...

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 InfamousC

[QUOTE="Beowulf935"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Makes sense to me. It's a new console launch.T-Aldous

ps3 broke records it's funny how lemmings forget to mention that.

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 asmallchild

Of course, store stock doesn't equate with system failure. Good going.
casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts

thats cool for ps3 fans, is that only europe tho ? or + NA launcharabi_89

It's a good sign no matter how you slice it for PS3.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

"Sold Out" means nothing when the ammount shipped was ALOT less than the system you are bashing.
DKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DKII
Member since 2004 • 353 Posts
Wii has sold almost 2M in Europe and is still sold out almost everywhere and can't meet demand. PS3 only needed a measly 600k units to meet demand. And you think that makes the PS3 better? Come back when it actually catches up somewhere instead of always falling further behind.
nobeaner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#48 nobeaner
Member since 2004 • 1472 Posts

InfamousC
Go Sony! I would hope they had more sales in Europe. they waited 4 months to deliver so the stock levels were much higher.
omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
why act surprised? ps2 was very popular.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#50 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]

[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Makes sense to me. It's a new console launch.Mass_Effect

They were sold out basically as soon as they arrived. Therefore Demand>Supply

Don't play dumb. Everyone knows the Wii and 360 was hard to find after launch, while you could go into any store 1 month after the PS3 launched and find plenty on the shelves. This time next month European stores will have more PS3s in stock than Wiis, which tells you demand is lower. Maybe you aren't playing dumb, but I sure hope so for your sake.