mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1615 Posts

I wanna see the headset. Also hopefully they allow support on PC as well. If PSVR 2 worked on PC I would get it without hesitating.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45548 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Its VR so its going to be 💩 no matter what they do.

and when the next Gran Turismo has VR functionality you'll be crying profusely 😄

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Sony is really grasping at straws now. Solid crap tbh, no pun intended.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Dread to think of the cost of the whole PSVR2 package.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Looks pretty slick. But I'm not sure I'd be interested to invest into VR. I haven't even done that with my PS4 Pro.

Hopefully if this PS5 VR is a drastic improvement over last gen PSVR, I might look into it...once I get my hands on a PS5, but that won't be for awhile.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

Would be cool if Sony decides to support it this time.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:

and when the next Gran Turismo has VR functionality you'll be crying profusely 😄

Yep crying with laughter 🤣🤣🤣

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@freedomfreak said:

Would be cool if Sony decides to support it this time.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@Ghost120x: "The graphics take a hit"

Someone hasn't played Half-life: Alyx I see...

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:

Yea, delirious laughter after realizing you've been playing on the wrong system all these years. 😄

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:

Yea, delirious laughter after realizing you've been playing on the wrong system all these years. 😄

Indeed. If he's serious about racing games he should really have a PC.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SolidGame_basic

@gym_lion said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:

Indeed. If he's serious about racing games he should really have a PC.

Ya never know, maybe Sony will throw you a bone and give you GT on PC!

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Telekill said:

Controllers aside, it's the motion sickness they need to work on. I would love to play my PSVR a lot more but 10 minutes into most games on it and I have a huge headache if not also feeling nauseous. If they can fix that aspect, then I'll look into buying the new VR. Otherwise, it's a waste of money for me.

do you use teleport for moving, also pcvr headsets have way better tracking as well , which can be the reason for the headache.

You might improve the tracking with white surfaces and a lot of lighting

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By commander
@uninspiredcup said:

If I had a choice here, still stick to PC.

The library of VR in general still quite limited and regardless of Sony trying to poach exclusivity shit, the interesting stuff is still coming from PC.

Can also easily hack Oculus exclusives to work on any headset.

I don't know, sonly pushing behind vr is something that I like. I doubt valve is going to push it very hard, but who knows.

and I coudn't care less about oculus/fb, I do have a cv1, but I only use it for steam, my next headset is defenitely not going to be oculus /fb anymore, no matter the price,since they force you to use a facebook account, getting banned from that account also means you're getting banned from your vr headset.

I'm really considering going the psvr route if the psvr2 is good. There aren't many options on pc anyway.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 commander
@sakaixx said:

Finger touch detection: The controller can detect your fingers without any pressing in the areas where you place your thumb, index, or middle fingers. This enables you to make more natural gestures with your hands during gameplay.

I am rereading this and holishit this may seems like either some advanced thing or just useless gimmick to drive price up. It be pretty cool if the controller still can detect my finger movement. That and haptic feedback, the possibilites of immersion is hyping me up.

I have the oculus touch and they use the same system, it's usable to like press buttons in vr, since you can point fingers and stuff.

or make gestures stuff like that, obviously it's not as advanced as proper finger tracking but it's good enough.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 commander
@Nonstop-Madness said:

That's a pretty substantial upgrade from the current controllers. The adaptive triggers are going to be sweet.

Also, "The VR controller is tracked by the new VR headset" ... does that mean the headset has camera's on it?

not necessarily. They could still use external sensors for tracking, which I hope since it's the only no nonsense form of tracking, you don't have to worry about lightning or patterns in the makeup of your vr space.

Avatar image for deactivated-62852ef1135c6
deactivated-62852ef1135c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-62852ef1135c6
Member since 2021 • 1322 Posts

@commander said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The library of VR in general still quite limited and regardless of Sony trying to poach exclusivity shit, the interesting stuff is still coming from PC.

I don't know, sonly pushing behind vr is something that I like. I doubt valve is going to push it very hard, but who knows.

and I coudn't care less about oculus/fb, I do have a cv1, but I only use it for steam, my next headset is defenitely not going to be oculus /fb anymore, no matter the price,since they force you to use a facebook account, getting banned from that account also means you're getting banned from your vr headset.

I'm really considering going the psvr route if the psvr2 is good. There aren't many options on pc anyway.

PSVR2 should be good. Sony has had a lot of experience with the tech by this point. The power of the PS5 is sufficient for a decent VR experience.

As for Oculus/fb crap, yeah, I hear you. I hate it too. I use an Oculus Rift S. Fortunately I hate FB, and don't care for its function a bit, so I basically just have a sock account that I never log into.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#69 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59399 Posts

FB are obviously cunts but the low price point of their headset and support of the platform cannot be ignored.

As say though, you can just use a hack software (made by a former Occ developer) to 1 click play their exclusives on practically any headset.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@gym_lion: Anyone who is serious about gaming in general should steer clear of PC, nothing but pirates and cheaters over there.

@SolidGame_basic: I play racing games, and the best console for racing games is Xbox, one shitty racer per gen from Sony won't change that and we both know this, come join the darkside of gaming on Xbox sometime, we'll teach how to use MP so you don't have to play with yoursel...i mean by yourself 🤣🤣🤣

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 commander

@uninspiredcup said:

FB are obviously cunts but the low price point of their headset and support of the platform cannot be ignored.

As say though, you can just use a hack software (made by a former Occ developer) to 1 click play their exclusives on practically any headset.

yeah it's a low price point but quest 2 still ain't a good headset for a lot of people, it has it's own cpu/gpu in there, generating heat and adding weight. For me that headset is useless since I only play high end vr games.

not to mention I don't really like the inside outside tracking as well, with my cv1 I don't have to bother with lighting, patterns and stuff.

and there's the controllers, the cv1 controllers are way better, and the psvr 2 controllers look similar, so I'm defenitely hyped for the psvr2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@uninspiredcup said:

True. But honestly I think the Oculus headsets are really good. The Rift S especially is a fine option. It's fairly light, comfortable, the controllers are comfortable and responsive, and with a decent rig behind it the visuals are great. I've tried a number of headsets and I think it's the best at this point in time. That will change eventually, though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-62852ef1135c6
@i_p_daily said:

@gym_lion: Anyone who is serious about gaming in general should steer clear of PC, nothing but pirates and cheaters over there.

This is an absurd comment.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By commander
@wandering_halls said:
@commander said:
@uninspiredcup said:

PSVR2 should be good. Sony has had a lot of experience with the tech by this point. The power of the PS5 is sufficient for a decent VR experience.

As for Oculus/fb crap, yeah, I hear you. I hate it too. I use an Oculus Rift S. Fortunately I hate FB, and don't care for its function a bit, so I basically just have a sock account that I never log into.

I don't know about sufficient, frankly it's my only worry about the psvr 2, there are headsets like the index and especially the reverb that run at crazy resolutions, it's only going to worse and there are gpu's to power them. If you look at the 3080 that's 30 tflops, and this gen has just begun.

Obviously the price point of all this is huge and money doesn't grow on trees for me either. Maybe there will be a ps5 v2 along the line that is able to push more frames and resolutions. but then the psvr2 must come with that as well.

On the other hand they could also release an updated psvr2 then so... we'll see.

these controllers are a step in the right direction tho, they look light and ergonomic with just enough features (yeah full finger tracking is cool but it's expensive)

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 commander

@wandering_halls said:
@uninspiredcup said:

True. But honestly I think the Oculus headsets are really good. The Rift S especially is a fine option. It's fairly light, comfortable, the controllers are comfortable and responsive, and with a decent rig behind it the visuals are great. I've tried a number of headsets and I think it's the best at this point in time. That will change eventually, though.

the rift s controllers can't hold a candle vs the cv1 controllers, and these controllers look a bit more like the cv1 controllers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@wandering_halls said:
@i_p_daily said:

This is an accurate comment.

It certainly is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@i_p_daily: I'm really beginning to see what I'm dealing with here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-62852ef1135c6
@commander said:
@wandering_halls said:
@uninspiredcup said:

the rift s controllers can't hold a candle vs the cv1 controllers, and these controllers look a bit more like the cv1 controllers.

The cv1 controller is great, no argument there. The PSVR new controllers look awesome, too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By deactivated-62852ef1135c6
@commander said:
@wandering_halls said:
@commander said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I don't know about sufficient, frankly it's my only worry about the psvr 2, there are headsets like the index and especially the reverb that run at crazy resolutions, it's only going to worse and there are gpu's to power them. If you look at the 3080 that's 30 tflops, and this gen has just begun.

Obviously the price point of all this is huge and money doesn't grow on trees for me either. Maybe there will be a ps5 v2 along the line that is able to push more frames and resolutions. but then the psvr2 must come with that as well.

On the other hand they could also release an updated psvr2 then so... we'll see.

these controllers are a step in the right direction tho, they look light and ergonomic with just enough features (yeah full finger tracking is cool but it's expensive)

Well, wait for a PS5 Pro, I suppose. That's what I'm going to do in all likelihood. I see no reason to buy a PS5 right now anyway. For what it's worth I run a 3700x/3070, and VR is good to go. I imagine the PS5 would have to tone down some stuff for framerate purposes. But it could still run most VR games fairly well, I'm sure.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

@commander: Why can't the controllers hold a candle to the CV1? I've owned a DK1 kit, CV1 w 3 camera setup, Quest and Quest 2 (yes I have the God awful PSVR and it's horrible dildo controllers too). The 360 tracking with the 3 camera setup was spot on and I loved it....did not like the mess of cables tho :). I had to always tear down the setup when I wasn't going to play for a bit.

I was a little worried about how well the inside out tracking would work but man....I was pleasantly surprised! Yes it there may be some occlusion if I go behind my back but it rarely rears its head. How often was I really doing that. Other than that the ergonomics of the controllers feel the same to me across the Oculus line. I'm not really seeing a major difference and why the CV1 Toich controllers are so much better.

These new PSVR controller straight up mimic the Touch....which is a good thing. Looking forward to hearing more about it and PSVR 2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@wandering_halls said:

@i_p_daily: I'm really beginning to see what I'm dealing with here.

Yep, genius at play is what, but you're not new here and already knew that 😎

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@mobius_basic said:

@commander: Why can't the controllers hold a candle to the CV1? I've owned a DK1 kit, CV1 w 3 camera setup, Quest and Quest 2 (yes I have the God awful PSVR and it's horrible dildo controllers too). The 360 tracking with the 3 camera setup was spot on and I loved it....did not like the mess of cables tho :). I had to always tear down the setup when I wasn't going to play for a bit.

I was a little worried about how well the inside out tracking would work but man....I was pleasantly surprised! Yes it there may be some occlusion if I go behind my back but it rarely rears its head. How often was I really doing that. Other than that the ergonomics of the controllers feel the same to me across the Oculus line. I'm not really seeing a major difference and why the CV1 Toich controllers are so much better.

These new PSVR controller straight up mimic the Touch....which is a good thing. Looking forward to hearing more about it and PSVR 2.

They're both great controllers.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mobius_basic

@wandering_halls: Agree 100%. Each have their pros and cons but both are great and I would rate them the same.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 commander

@mobius_basic said:

you don't have to hold the touch controllers they rest on your hand, that is major difference

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mobius_basic

@commander: Please explain your comment further. I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you mean. All Touch controllers are fundamentally the same from an ergonomics/button placement perspective. Resting on you hand??

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By commander

@mobius_basic said:

@commander: Please explain your comment further. I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you mean. All Touch controllers are fundamentally the same from an ergonomics/button placement perspective. Resting on you hand??

how are they the same , the touch has a ring that goes around your hand and rests partly on your hand, the ring from the new one goes just up in the air and doesn't rest on anything, you have to hold the controller completely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@commander: Personally I prefer the tactile sensation of holding the controller. To each their own I suppose. Like I said, both are great controllers.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mobius_basic

@commander: I agree the rings are flip flopped but that didn't change they way I held the controller itself. I never rested my hands on the rings when playing.or holding the controllers. I do have some knuckle straps for them tho. I've always held the controllers as the pictures below....I dont see much difference. They flipped the rings so your hands not blocking them.

Like stated above.... to each their own. Nothing wrong with that!

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 commander

@mobius_basic said:

@commander: I agree the rings are flip flopped but that didn't change they way I held the controller itself. I never rested my hands on the rings when playing.or holding the controllers. I do have some knuckle straps for them tho. I've always held the controllers as the pictures below....I dont see much difference. They flipped the rings so your hands not blocking them.

Like stated above.... to each their own. Nothing wrong with that!

as you can see in the picture on the right , the ring is resting on the index finger. You can even put the controller a little bit more over your hand so it completely rest on your hand.

the newer controllers have none of that, there is no rest fucntion, holding the controller is completely dependent on your grip and with that a lot less ergonomic for long play sessions.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mobius_basic

@commander: You must have larger hands than I do then. :) I hold my controllers as the two pics show for both versions of Touch. My index finger is wrapped around the lower curved side of the button housing in line with the trigger. Neither one of us are right or wrong...you hold one way...I hold another way. I couldn't picture what you were saying and was confused.

I get what you are saying now on the sliding back...I used to do that too when I had to remove my the HMD or adjust it.

You should really try some knuckle straps if you haven't. For me at least, they make a big difference allowing you to just open your hand with the controllers staying in your palm. I am using the ones from AMVR myself.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

At least the thumbstick looks like it's in a more natural position unlike the Index controllers. I hate the thumbstick placement on those.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 commander

@mobius_basic said:

@commander: You must have larger hands than I do then. :) I hold my controllers as the two pics show for both versions of Touch. My index finger is wrapped around the lower curved side of the button housing in line with the trigger. Neither one of us are right or wrong...you hold one way...I hold another way. I couldn't picture what you were saying and was confused.

I get what you are saying now on the sliding back...I used to do that too when I had to remove my the HMD or adjust it.

You should really try some knuckle straps if you haven't. For me at least, they make a big difference allowing you to just open your hand with the controllers staying in your palm. I am using the ones from AMVR myself.

yeah I get it why you didn't understand me . I can hold it there as well if I want too, I just hold a it a bit higher like on the place where the controller is adjuncted to the ring since I think it is more comfortable.

Still, you might not notice this but the moment you loosen your grip a little, the ring catches your index finger, so your controller cannot actually fall out of your hand, and this is also what makes teh controller more comfortable to me, the quest controller you need to hold a certain grip at any given time otherwise it can kinda slip out of your hand.

But I'm not entirely sure about this since I have never used them, but since there is no ring around it, opening your hand seems like it would slip out of your hand.

I didn't know there was a knuckle strap or something like that, I have no use for it tho, since I'm happy with the touch controllers, I'm not planning to buy a quest either.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#93 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

What are the specs on a PS VR headset? I bet they're not really up to spec with next gen VR systems. I am waiting for one to release with higher than 1080P resolution and more than 100-110 degrees viewing angle before I consider buying in. The last thing I want is to spend $600+ just to look like I am looking through a toilet paper roll.