Sony releasing new PS4 Fortnite bundle

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Seems like the wrong time to be releasing this after all the crossplay brouhaha.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Why does it? Because an extremely small percentage of people have complained about it? PC has got by for years without cross play and a side from the odd game consoles have done fine without it either.

It's actually clever marketing....

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

No cross-play, no sale. :P

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Shots fired.

Link71113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Link71113
Member since 2003 • 180 Posts

Meh. They have cross play with Pc, what more do you need?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@boycie said:

Seems like the wrong time to be releasing this after all the crossplay brouhaha.

Meanwhile you have to pay MS to even access the game which is free....Hahahahaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@tormentos said:
@boycie said:

Yeah all these companies have shitty practices that revolve around money.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Better hope that doesn't sell cause then Sony will never bring crossplay to the Bone and Switch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Ant_17 said:

Better hope that doesn't sell cause then Sony will never bring crossplay to the Bone and Switch.

Why would they? Letting gamers play together... it's madness!

#FORTHEPLAYERS and all that!

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ant_17

@boycie said:
@Ant_17 said:

Lol, Boners are gamers. good one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Ant_17 said:
@boycie said:
@Ant_17 said:

Of course there not. Only you guys that happened to purchase the console with a Sony logo are worth of that title. Are Switch owners not gamers either?

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

lol what a tone deaf bundle.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

It's bundled with a free game, really?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ant_17

@boycie said:
@Ant_17 said:

Of course there not. Only you guys that happened to purchase the console with a Sony logo are worth of that title. Are Switch owners not gamers either?

They are gamers, which is sad they have to do crossplay with the Bone.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@boycie said:
@tormentos said:
@boycie said:

If only he actually played ANY of the games he talks about OR own ANY of the systems he bashes/praises.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Ant_17 said:
@boycie said:
@Ant_17 said:

It is sad isn't it. The gaming world would so much better if everyone was as great as you Sony fans. Your attitude is a real treat!

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ant_17

@boycie said:
@Ant_17 said:

It is sad isn't it. The gaming world would so much better if everyone was as great as you Sony fans. Your attitude is a real treat!

Thank you. Glad to make your day better, just like the PS4.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Looking forward to seeing these fly off shelves. Sony, for the Players!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

This is GREAT! Sony's about to corner the Fortnite market on console! This is the ultimate middle finger to the whiners. And if they advertise that Battle Royale is actually f2p and not behind a paywall like on Xbox, they're gonna kill the other consoles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Ant_17 said:
@boycie said:
@Ant_17 said:

Congratulations on owning a PS4! You sound very proud.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ant_17

@boycie said:
@Ant_17 said:

Congratulations on owning a PS4! You sound very proud.

Why shouldn't i be?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Awesome, game deserves a bundle.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts
@GarGx1 said:

This is consoles so I'm guessing ... it's not free ?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GarGx1
@R4gn4r0k said:
@GarGx1 said:

This is consoles so I'm guessing ... it's not free ?

I know that the main Fortnite survival game is not free to play (does anyone actually play that?) but the Battle Royale is and can be downloaded separately. It's certainly F2P on PC and Xbox One so I imagine it is on everything else.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

As a game, Fortnite is alright, I've played it a couple of times. I really like the concept and the bright, cartoony artstyle doesn't bother me. Overall, I'd say the game is ok. I really dislike...the fanbase:

• People who play the game constantly and never touch anything else, sending friend requests and game invites willy nilly and acting like Fortnite is the second coming of Jesus.
  • Epic's greed
  • Companies like making money, people can spend their money on what they want, I understand and agree with this but $20 US for a skin? A Fucking SKIN??? utterly fucking insane. Battlepss is apparently a better deal but good god the option to spend that kind of money on a skin of all things just disgusts me, especially when the game is aimed to young teens.
  • Building stuff...no thinks.

As for Cross-Play, I do think it is idiotic that Sony doesn't support it, when everyone else does. It's not something I'm going to get upset about though. As for the bundle itself, if you have lots of PSN friends and are playing Fortnite, and don't even mind playing random on PS4 only, then playing it on PS4 isn't gonna hurt you in the long run.

As the old saying goes. Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals XD

@GarGx1 said:

Sony wasn't gonna pass out free cookies, so they gotta have something to show for...free game if you we can all it despite we both know it's free-to-play.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@boycie said:

But i don't see you making big deal out of it,just reacting to what i tell you about it.

@GarGx1 said:

What's the difference when sony gives you uncharted it is free as well..lol

Just kidding i get your point..

@kingtito said:
@boycie said:

If only he actually played ANY of the games he talks about OR own ANY of the systems he bashes/praises.

Well i have to give credit to boycie at least he tell me he gets it,you on the other hand yeah you don't get it because it is MS doing the anti consumer crap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@davillain- said:

As a game, Fortnite is alright, I've played it a couple of times. I really like the concept and the bright, cartoony artstyle doesn't bother me. Overall, I'd say the game is ok. I really dislike...the fanbase:

• People who play the game constantly and never touch anything else, sending friend requests and game invites willy nilly and acting like Fortnite is the second coming of Jesus.
  • Epic's greed
  • Companies like making money, people can spend their money on what they want, I understand and agree with this but $20 US for a skin? A Fucking SKIN??? utterly fucking insane. Battlepss is apparently a better deal but good god the option to spend that kind of money on a skin of all things just disgusts me, especially when the game is aimed to young teens.

As for Cross-Play, I do think it is idiotic that Sony doesn't support it, when everyone else does. It's not something I'm going to get upset about though. As for the bundle itself, if you have lots of PSN friends and are playing Fortnite, and don't even mind playing random on PS4 only, then playing it on PS4 isn't gonna hurt you in the long run.

As the old saying goes. Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals XD

@GarGx1 said:

Sony wasn't gonna pass out free cookies, so they gotta have something to show for...free game if you we can all it despite we both know it's free-to-play.

As the game is free it don't think it's really that bad to be charging for the skins. And it's not like other games that give you a chance to win a piece of an outfit you just buy what you want. I guess they've got to make money off it somehow. And you never ever have to buy one if you don't want you can just sink 100's of hour for absolutely nothing.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ant_17

@davillain- said:

• Epic's greed

Dude, have i got a story for this.

My little sister plays the game and 1 day she played Overwatch with her best friend and got shit for it. Now she asks me to play Overwatch on my profile with her friend.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@boycie: The skins are overpriced is what's the problem, I can understand why they do it, it needs a price cut.

@Ant_17 said:

My little sister plays the game and 1 day she played Overwatch with her best friend and got shit for it. Now she asks me to play Overwatch on my profile with her friend.

I do get the appeal for Overwatch, can't say I blame her for asking you to play with her lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Ant_17 said:
@davillain- said:

• Epic's greed

That's is a lovely story but what should we take away from it?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GarGx1
@boycie said:
@davillain- said:

• Epic's greed

@GarGx1 said:

As the game is free it don't think it's really that bad to be charging for the skins. And it's not like other games that give you a chance to win a piece of an outfit you just buy what you want. I guess they've got to make money off it somehow. And you never ever have to buy one if you don't want you can just sink 100's of hour for absolutely nothing.

That's pretty much the same for every free to play game with a decent non-play to win business model.

At least the pricing is the same as standard PS4, so I'll give them that.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ant_17

@boycie said:

That Fortnite has a toxic fanbase.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Ant_17 said:
@boycie said:

That's rich coming from Mr xbox owners aren't real gamers.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ant_17

@boycie said:
@Ant_17 said:

Meh, so i'm a toxic cow, big whoop. I stand by my motto.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Ant_17 said:
@boycie said:
@Ant_17 said:

Maybe that's why you've found Fortnite so toxic if you playing all the time with PS4 fans like yourself.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ant_17

@boycie said:
@Ant_17 said:

Maybe that's why you've found Fortnite so toxic if you playing all the time with PS4 fans like yourself.

I don't play Fortnite.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Ant_17 said:
@boycie said:
@Ant_17 said:

I don't play Fortnite.

Fair enough.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Sony to Fortnite gamers "There you go you have no excuses now. Stop ****in whining and get a ps4 if you want to play with your friends"

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Wait, Fortnite is F2P so what's the use of the bundle?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

This should sell great. My neices friend (16 years old) just upgraded from a 360 to a PS4 for this game alone... Top reason was that an online subscription wasn't needed, unlike Xbox One(Not sure about Switch). PC + 80 mil PS4 players is larger player base than Xbox one and Switch and PC combined. PS4 is still the way to go if you're really into this game. You'd be surprised how many parents buy their kids a video game system but don't want to buy a subscription to ps plus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@joshrmeyer said:

This should sell great. My neices friend (16 years old) just upgraded from a 360 to a PS4 for this game alone... Top reason was that an online subscription wasn't needed, unlike Xbox One(Not sure about Switch). PC + 80 mil PS4 players is larger player base than Xbox one and Switch and PC combined. PS4 is still the way to go if you're really into this game. You'd be surprised how many parents buy their kids a video game system but don't want to buy a subscription to ps plus.

Best hope none of her friends own an xbox or a switch I guess.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@boycie: They don't, but good point. As much as they play this game, it'd almost be worth it to them just to get a PS4 and save themselves a sub cost, unless they plan on paying for one either way. I guess I should have added that her friends were playing this on PS4, so that was the biggest factor. But not paying for Plus is apparently a big deal when you're 16.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JoshRMeyer

Just want to throw my opinion out there on this non crossplay thing... For games like this and Rocket League, I think Sony would be smart to allow crossplay. I don't think they are gonna gain or lose sales by doing this. Like OP said, if you have a PS4 and your friends have a Switch or XB1, you'll have to buy the competition to play. So it goes both ways I guess. They could do what they always do, like destiny and lock some exclusive content to their system for an edge, plus advertise it as "free to play on PS4" type thing, since it really is 100% free.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9728 Posts

Sony doesn't give a damn about the crossplay situation with the other competing consoles, lol.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts
@pc_rocks said:

The Save the World mode is not free.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@pc_rocks said:

Oh, didn't know that.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#48 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9728 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@pc_rocks said:

Oh, didn't know that.

It's also good advertising and the bundle is physical.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Well that’s a bit of awkward timing there. lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

Sony doesn't give a damn about the crossplay situation with the other competing consoles, lol.

Why should they? They’ve got crossplay with PC and cellphone players where the majority of Fortnite players are. They don’t give a crap about the vocal minority on competing consoles and I can’t blame them. It’s all about the money and competition for them, they don't want to give up their edge to their competitors.

Nintendo and MS would do the same if they were in a similar position, don’t let their bullshit Kumbaya act fool you. MS that’s claiming to be the nice guys here are still keeping Fortnite behind a paywall on their system even though it’s shpposed to be a free game. They also blocked crossplay last gen when they were more successful and Sony asked them for it.